test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

37k + HP GWF with 50% deflect . aka Sentinel build. Do you love it?

Comments

• Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Better nerf ench like tenebrous instead of nerfing a class. If they will nerf GWF for tenebrous every gwf should use it. Instead, if they (finally) nerf this ench GF and GWF will not be OP anymore and people would be able to use different ench build.
  • Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This is why I never get the GF OP stuff. A GF's can prone you but you can always just dodge it and not get hit. I have had 3 attacks dodged in a row and talk about frustrating. I just go attack something else. I mean dodge is pretty amazing just have to be aware and use it.

I can say the same about CWs. It's a good class, but everyone got his counter. Just change skills to fit the situation.
  • Options
    godsdozergodsdozer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Define most of the time? Honestly if a CW see's me and doesn't dodge then I am surprised. I usually have to fake them out and use threatening rush to so I don't blow CD encounters wasted on them when there dodging all the time. If they are good. I mean I have 3 attacks you dodge all 3 of them what am I going to do when I get there have a dance off with you. lol. A gf is harmless if you dodge his main attacks. A GF can't kill you with at wills. Not saying you can dodge everything just you can dodge most of the time just have to be aware and do it.

Just dodging there bull charge is huge since its the biggest prone with knock back. Increases chances greatly.

There is zero point in debating with you. This is not a 1v1 game. If you have to worry about a Cw dodging all 3 of your encounters you are not doing it right.
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    G tene's aren't that expensive. lol. not even close.
    They are only $149.25 ea on mindflayer right now, if someone were to buy zen and convert to AD to buy them.
  • Options
    jmdesterejmdestere Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GWF not being able to help in PVE is kinda off. I took my own Sentinel build and have found that making yourself super hard to kill has a very good use in PVE. And thats called being an add tank. GWF's have the tools to build hate, and they are quite capable of engaging groups. If you are a GWF you should be rounding up the adds and spamming Unstoppable for all you are worth so that the GF can do his job and keep the boss busy and held up. CW's have controls, but it is far easier (read: makes you more likely to actually win) when they have all of the mobs neatly beating on you. Also GWFs are very mobile fellas, so pick up that friend that never fails (Daring Shout -Gives determination, Marks foes, Gives Damage reduction buff) grab those mobs and take them for a jog, which gives the tank his chance to be the 1v1 king he is, while the TR is behind the boss giving him a new <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or 20.

Why nerf GWF survivability when you can just put it to use?

How to deal with Beast GWFs:
    You don't. If you find yourself up against a foe you can't go toe to toe with in real life, do you get rocked by him and then whine to his parents that they need to nerf his physical superiority so that things will be "fair"? Hell no. You do what puny kids have done for centuries. You <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> him off so he follows you, then lead him to your friends so that they thrash him. Or even better, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> him off and kite him all over so teammates can capture the point. Then lead him back to get his beatdown and everyone gets Tower Defender bonuses! I have yet to see a class that cannot do this, and pro's can keep an entire team busy with a little trashtalk and intelligent kiting.

Also, there are 3 flags in non-gauntlgrym pvp. That means that evil GWF can only guard one of them. Use your head. Don't throw yourself at him and increase his kill count. Make him earn it. Let people call you a wuss or whatever, thats how you know that you've got their attention.
    NW-DKH3UKB4Q - Kobold Crusher. A sewer crawl with adjustable difficulty aimed at assisting with one of the Slayer achievements.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    godsdozer wrote: »
    There is zero point in debating with you. This is not a 1v1 game. If you have to worry about a Cw dodging all 3 of your encounters you are not doing it right.

who said this was a 1v1 game. I just am stating a GF can get countered.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    They are only $149.25 ea on mindflayer right now, if someone were to buy zen and convert to AD to buy them.

Hmmm they are only 2.5mil AD on dragon.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jmdestere wrote: »
    GWF not being able to help in PVE is kinda off. I took my own Sentinel build and have found that making yourself super hard to kill has a very good use in PVE. And thats called being an add tank. GWF's have the tools to build hate, and they are quite capable of engaging groups. If you are a GWF you should be rounding up the adds and spamming Unstoppable for all you are worth so that the GF can do his job and keep the boss busy and held up. CW's have controls, but it is far easier (read: makes you more likely to actually win) when they have all of the mobs neatly beating on you. Also GWFs are very mobile fellas, so pick up that friend that never fails (Daring Shout -Gives determination, Marks foes, Gives Damage reduction buff) grab those mobs and take them for a jog, which gives the tank his chance to be the 1v1 king he is, while the TR is behind the boss giving him a new <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or 20.

Why nerf GWF survivability when you can just put it to use?

How to deal with Beast GWFs:
    You don't. If you find yourself up against a foe you can't go toe to toe with in real life, do you get rocked by him and then whine to his parents that they need to nerf his physical superiority so that things will be "fair"? Hell no. You do what puny kids have done for centuries. You <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> him off so he follows you, then lead him to your friends so that they thrash him. Or even better, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> him off and kite him all over so teammates can capture the point. Then lead him back to get his beatdown and everyone gets Tower Defender bonuses! I have yet to see a class that cannot do this, and pro's can keep an entire team busy with a little trashtalk and intelligent kiting.

Also, there are 3 flags in non-gauntlgrym pvp. That means that evil GWF can only guard one of them. Use your head. Don't throw yourself at him and increase his kill count. Make him earn it. Let people call you a wuss or whatever, thats how you know that you've got their attention.

So when a team runs 2 or 3 GWF's to contest each base what do you do? You say don't fight them or even better 2 GWF's with 2 clerics.
  • Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmmm they are only 2.5mil AD on dragon.

That's still ~$71.

Not chump change, by any reasonable standard.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    pfft2 wrote: »
    That's still ~$71.

Not chump change, by any reasonable standard.

Yea I guess I just don't think about the cash value of any item. I crafted up my greater vorpal that is like 4mil AD I just don't break down anything into cash. Guess I just farm and sell stuff.
  • Options
    conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2013
    This is gamebreaking and should be nerfed.... TRs neft was unnecesary... GWF are the ones that NEED the nerf, also Unkilable GF.... with all their stunlocks and cc, you can even get magically stun mid blink,slide,roll and get perma chained and killed in an instant...that is NOT BALANCED and needs a NERF BAD....
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Excuse me guys, but you really want to nerf a class that already have problems, just cause there are some broken builds due to game flaws?

If you nerf unstoppable, the GWF will suck in PvP too. Rogues can hit you for 10k+ in the blink of an eye, CW can control you a lot and DC can heal themselves. Unstoppable is the only thing that keeps a GWF at a good level. And yes, it loads fast IF you have full destroyer path and steadfast determination. How it's supposed to be, since you sacrificed defense and other skills/ stats. Also, determination meter goes down fast and loads mainly if you get damage. Which means if you go unstoppable, most of the time you already took a good load of damage.
    When you get the unstoppable "bug", in fact, your GWF becomes a easy prey in PvP. But if you want to make a class that already have no place in end-game PvE, suck in PvP too, then go on. Would kill it completely.

Also, survivability is the other thing that makes you fight. As said above, you get a truckload of damage, you are out-cc and outrun by almost all the other classes (apart from GF). So, your ability to eat damage, go unstoppable and keep fighting is in fact your biggest and main strenght.

Sentinels are broken? Then nerf tenebrous enchants or deflection, or whatever else makes that build broken. Cap the HP to that they can't reach 37k or more. But leave alone Unstoppable and the base survivability. Would kill the class.

What really should be fixed is the dungeon exploit of pushing the mobs out of the map to rush to victory. That alone already kills the end-game PvE for GWFs, and should be fixed.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This is gamebreaking and should be nerfed.... TRs neft was unnecesary... GWF are the ones that NEED the nerf, also Unkilable GF.... with all their stunlocks and cc, you can even get magically stun mid blink,slide,roll and get perma chained and killed in an instant...that is NOT BALANCED and needs a NERF BAD....

A GWF can't stun you forever. Cooldowns don't allow it, plain and simple. Even if you stack tons of recovery. You can stunlock for 1 encounter row, may be 2 if you use crescendo and have good recovery+ the-25% cooldown feat for takedown. But considering that a rogue can hit you for 10k+ in the blink of an eye, and that CW can cc you a lot more, i don't see how the few cc mechanincs of the GWF are broken.
    I've never seen these broken sentinel builds, i've seen some GF really hard builds and yeah, they looks unkillable. Almost. But regular GWF does not really dominate. It's a good class for PvP, with its own strenghts. It is made to survive more, take more damage while dealing some DPS. Rogues are made to be fast, stealthy and burst-DPS tons of damage. CWs are made to...control you and prevent you from even hitting them or their comrades. And so on for DC and GF.
    The way a rogue can fight you is to deal damage, run/ dodge, deal damage again exc... Obviously, if you try to tank a GWF with a TR, then you'll be at disadvantage. And trust me, i see lots of TRs trying to play like tanks. They use stealth, burst DPS you, then just sit there trying to tank. You go unstoppable, stunlock them a bit, may be kill them, and they whine cause GWFs are overpowered. Their fault. Same goes for CW. You teleport a lot, you try to dodge and cc. If you tank a GWF, you're at disadvantage.
  • Options
    revocainerevocaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    YEAH! Meanwhile in Guardian Fighter land...

A GWF can't stun you forever.

Death is a really good CC.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    revocaine wrote: »
    YEAH! Meanwhile in Guardian Fighter land...

Everything is good except for some needed buffs to Def and HP. Some sets with 1800 HP like the GWF has would be nice.

Ill throw in a nerf for you. Make Indomitable Strength not do a prone anymore its there Daily and that is the biggest prone. Everything else is pretty balanced.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    GWF doesn't need a nerf, something just has to be done about Tene's. If a GWF builds all tankiness and is nearly unkillable so that he can hold points forever in PvP fine, the downside is he doesn't do much damage. But when you throw Tene's in the mix and he's unkillable AND can slaughter someone every 10-15 seconds that is just overpowered. Granted Tene's come from lockboxes and keys come from zen shop and many people have already spent lots of zen/ad on Tene's and keys to get them so Cryptic is not likely to Make only 1 tene per character work. I would suggest maybe double or triple the cooldown, at least they can only slaughter someone every 30-45 seconds...
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    Excuse me guys, but you really want to nerf a class that already have problems, just cause there are some broken builds due to game flaws?

If you nerf unstoppable, the GWF will suck in PvP too. Rogues can hit you for 10k+ in the blink of an eye, CW can control you a lot and DC can heal themselves. Unstoppable is the only thing that keeps a GWF at a good level. And yes, it loads fast IF you have full destroyer path and steadfast determination. How it's supposed to be, since you sacrificed defense and other skills/ stats. Also, determination meter goes down fast and loads mainly if you get damage. Which means if you go unstoppable, most of the time you already took a good load of damage.
    When you get the unstoppable "bug", in fact, your GWF becomes a easy prey in PvP. But if you want to make a class that already have no place in end-game PvE, suck in PvP too, then go on. Would kill it completely.

Also, survivability is the other thing that makes you fight. As said above, you get a truckload of damage, you are out-cc and outrun by almost all the other classes (apart from GF). So, your ability to eat damage, go unstoppable and keep fighting is in fact your biggest and main strenght.

Sentinels are broken? Then nerf tenebrous enchants or deflection, or whatever else makes that build broken. Cap the HP to that they can't reach 37k or more. But leave alone Unstoppable and the base survivability. Would kill the class.

What really should be fixed is the dungeon exploit of pushing the mobs out of the map to rush to victory. That alone already kills the end-game PvE for GWFs, and should be fixed.

I am more looking for reworking. Should a GWF as a OFF tank have the most HP in the game ? NO

fix- the mixing of 2 different set bonuses of 1600 and 1800 HP. I would kill for a HP bonus on my GF.

Should a GWF have the best mitigation in game ? NO

50% deflect is just OP you can't die with that much. Even in a deflect set a GF has half of that at 25% on a good day.

I can leave unstoppable alone if there HP and deflect was realistic. The fact is a GF tank isn't viable still in PvE or PvP. I am making a alt GF protector just to theory craft on for fun and to have a pure tank but he can't do PvE no one will take a real tank to CN this is a problem. That's why every tank is conquerer there just isn't another choice. Not to even mention Tactician. 99% of the time players want nerfs and adjustment or something fixed but the issue is lack of choice. If protector or tactician was even close to ok someone would use it. Fact is it isn't.

Sentinel has a unkillable spec with right gear and can exploit Tene's so players are gonna be like ohhh I want to do that. How about change the HP bonuses to Dps stats. Or how about make 4 pc beneficial to the party and give them a 15% deflect instead of the user? The GWF doesn't need more deflect the party does. Just changing set bonuses and some things would help the PvE aspect and make for better party make up. Also have some better balance for PvP.

A GWF 4 pc 15% deflect party bonus on a CW or DC could be very helpful. Not to mention actually help the tank as well which is what the off tank should be bringing to the table.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    GWF doesn't need a nerf, something just has to be done about Tene's. If a GWF builds all tankiness and is nearly unkillable so that he can hold points forever in PvP fine, the downside is he doesn't do much damage. But when you throw Tene's in the mix and he's unkillable AND can slaughter someone every 10-15 seconds that is just overpowered. Granted Tene's come from lockboxes and keys come from zen shop and many people have already spent lots of zen/ad on Tene's and keys to get them so Cryptic is not likely to Make only 1 tene per character work. I would suggest maybe double or triple the cooldown, at least they can only slaughter someone every 30-45 seconds...

I would say, if it breaks the game, people will eventually leave. If people leave, the "pay-to-win" powerplayers will lose interest and leave as well. Eventually, if the game mechanics are broken, the game itself will die.
    Fixing what is not balanced is in their own interest.

Even if they can slaughter someone every 30-45 seconds, but are unkillable, it would still be broken. How do you move them from a node?
    From what i've heard, this build can tank a full party. Only thing that would change is that it will take more time for them to wipe the Whole party. But still, they will eventually wipe it.
    As simple as it is, by no means, at the same level, a player should be able to tank a Whole 5 ppl party. 3 ppl ok, you're a strong big <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The Whole party, no, it's just broken.
    And builds/ classes made to tank, should by no means have high damage scores. Else, it means the game is not balanced.
    They better balance the game, or i don't think it will survive after the release. Too many broken things in both PvE and PvP.

I'm playing and enjoying it, even if i don't have Amazing super-ancient <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear.
    But now, at level 60, i start noticing that:

- i can't play PvE anymore, cause dungeons are exploitable in a way that makes my GWF unuseful. So i miss half the content and half the chance to get good gear.

- With pay-to-win, broken builds around, even PvP is difficult.

What's left once your GWF hits lvl 60? Nothing, unless you pay ****loads of money for your AD and buy stuff.

I'm trying to level my professions. If it doesn't work, then i'll just go play something else.

I just have a question for the OP: you said that 1700 regen heals around 2k if you have 37k hp. How do you reach 1700 regen stats? All the stuff i see can bring you at not more than 1000-1200. And there are no enchants that give you regeneration.
    Even with Titan set or Vigilant Warlord set, all accessories with regen and a regen weapon, i don't see how you can reach 1700 regen...
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Make Indomitable Strength not do a prone anymore its there Daily and that is the biggest prone. Everything else is pretty balanced.

You are talking out of your *** please leave the game.

Front Line Surge is the "biggest" / "longest" prone. Up to 5-6 Seconds if built around it.
  • Options
    revocainerevocaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    Everything is good except for some needed buffs to Def and HP. Some sets with 1800 HP like the GWF has would be nice.

Ill throw in a nerf for you. Make Indomitable Strength not do a prone anymore its there Daily and that is the biggest prone. Everything else is pretty balanced.

I can't even tell if this was sarcastic....
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    Classes that should be buffed: DC(more cc immunity)

AMEN!
    llantiss wrote: »
    CW (more dmg increase)

Lol, and you were doing so well... common man, you have a ridiculous amount of cc, high mobility, and Ice Knife can still 1 shot people (20-24k dmg easily) and tbh, any damage loss you suffer is made up by the sheer amount of cc you have.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    revocaine wrote: »
    I can't even tell if this was sarcastic....

No not sarcastic at all. why ?
  • Options
    metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The way a rogue can fight you is to deal damage, run/ dodge, deal damage again exc... Obviously, if you try to tank a GWF with a TR, then you'll be at disadvantage. And trust me, i see lots of TRs trying to play like tanks. They use stealth, burst DPS you, then just sit there trying to tank. You go unstoppable, stunlock them a bit, may be kill them, and they whine cause GWFs are overpowered. Their fault.

That is true, if a TR fails at toe-to-toe fight, he tends to blame the other class OP even though it's his own fault. But as one, I can tell you that a GWF can easily heal that 10k damage Lashing Blade does. I don't have a GWF myself, so I don't know what you need to sacrifice/use to get that heals on your unstoppable, but it has happened many, many times (I started PvP at lvl 10 and spend 90% of my time doing it at lvl 60). I don't usually see GWFs too hard to overcome, but as a sentinel one can easily tank a full burst of a rogue (daily+encounter from stealth).

Not talking about perfect vorpals/stacking tenes/rank 10 enchants.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    metaplexus wrote: »
    That is true, if a TR fails at toe-to-toe fight, he tends to blame the other class OP even though it's his own fault. But as one, I can tell you that a GWF can easily heal that 10k damage Lashing Blade does. I don't have a GWF myself, so I don't know what you need to sacrifice/use to get that heals on your unstoppable, but it has happened many, many times (I started PvP at lvl 10 and spend 90% of my time doing it at lvl 60). I don't usually see GWFs too hard to overcome, but as a sentinel one can easily tank a full burst of a rogue (daily+encounter from stealth).

Not talking about perfect vorpals/stacking tenes/rank 10 enchants.

If you're talking about sentinels broken build yes, i can agree. But it works only if you're stuffed with high level enchants and equipment.
    Regeneration works this way, i'm testing it:

I have 24k hp and around 480 regeneration. When i lose 10-20% hp, it heals for 50-60 hp every 3 seconds. When i'm below 60-50% hp, it starts to heal more seriously, like 400-500 hp every 3 seconds. If i can reach 900-1000 regen (may be with a titan set or a VW set), it means i can double my healing. Which means 1000 hp every 3 seconds when under 50% hp.
    A sentinel build, with maxed con and high hp, let's say the 37k build of this thread (must be a build with maxed out equipment), can double that healing. Which means 2k hp every 3 seconds when under 50-60% hp.
    With unstoppable and first instigator feat (5% hp healed with unstoppable) he heals for more.
  • Options
    shinigamihollow2shinigamihollow2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you're talking about sentinels broken build yes, i can agree. But it works only if you're stuffed with high level enchants and equipment.
    Regeneration works this way, i'm testing it:

I have 24k hp and around 480 regeneration. When i lose 10-20% hp, it heals for 50-60 hp every 3 seconds. When i'm below 60-50% hp, it starts to heal more seriously, like 400-500 hp every 3 seconds. If i can reach 900-1000 regen (may be with a titan set or a VW set), it means i can double my healing. Which means 1000 hp every 3 seconds when under 50% hp.
    A sentinel build, with maxed con and high hp, let's say the 37k build of this thread (must be a build with maxed out equipment), can double that healing. Which means 2k hp every 3 seconds when under 50-60% hp.
    With unstoppable and first instigator feat (5% hp healed with unstoppable) he heals for more.

Thing is it is extremely cheap to get HP regen gear. Mix 2 sets bonuses of 1600 and 1800 life. Even with medium enchants 35k is easy. So its not expensive at all actually the cheapest build to make. Its only expensive if you want to put a greater plague in weapon for dmg and run bugged tene's. Everything else is a couple 100k and farmable in a day or 2.
  • Options
    godsdozergodsdozer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xunxan wrote: »

It is $16 for 1 mill Ad your math is wrong or you don't know how to buy Ad.
  • Options
    shinigamihollow2shinigamihollow2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    godsdozer wrote: »
    It is $16 for 1 mill Ad your math is wrong or you don't know how to buy Ad.

2.5mil = 40 bucks then. Not to shabby. Cheaper then a perfect vorpal that's for sure.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yes GWF Sent is very good, but its FAR from the end all be all spec/build/class... Is is strong? Yes... So are GF, so are TRs... IN THEIR OWN WAY...

As a Sent GWF, your ROLE in a pre vs pre is to backcap/stay alive as long as possible to contest points... So if your definition of "fun" is running around most likely not killing anyone because they will either sent 3 people to permastun you to death and then you respawn OR hardcounter you with another GWF that will take 5 min+ to kill if your better... Then kudos...

In Pugs Sent GWF are gods... wait.... arent tene GFs too? and arent tene TRs too?! yup!

If you dont mind getting the least points, least kills, most deaths and getting NO recognition for doing your job of contesting then go for a Sent GWF! hes right up your alley... But if your mad because your DPS specced GF cant pew pew a GWF down without another persons help, well... this thread just makes you look dumb...

Again in pugs, GWF Sent + Tene are gods... in pre vs pre, they know what/who you are and good players can hard counter you pretty easily...

In fact I ran into a decent DC where a GF sat on the point and kept knocking me off (couldnt kill me at all just knocking me off point so THEY could get points) The DC would throw a couple heals and run back to mid to help out there... I wasnt able to kill the GF because of this and wasnt able to do a great job of back capping OR contesting. Eventually I got bored of that and ran to mid to join the rest of my team...

TLDR: QQ more
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ayroux - You sound like an experienced PvP player. :D
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    ayroux - You sound like an experienced PvP player. :D

Was REALLY looking forward to our match, however, I woulda been on my GF which is geared/specced for PVE... so It wouldnt be as fun.... Wanted to see what the infamous scroto could do :)
This discussion has been closed.