test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

37k + HP GWF with 50% deflect . aka Sentinel build. Do you love it?

Comments

• Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    godsdozer wrote: »
    It is $16 for 1 mill Ad your math is wrong or you don't know how to buy Ad.
    Math is fine.
    I just don't buy hack/cheat AD from illegal 3rd party sites.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    Math is fine.
    I just don't buy hack/cheat AD from illegal 3rd party sites.

Then its what $20 for ~650k AD. Meaning its at worst $76 for 1 GTE...
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Then its what $20 for ~650k AD. Meaning its at worst $76 for 1 GTE...
    GTE is 5m on Mindflayer.
    ~$150 ea
  • Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    lol, that build sucks for pvp really. Sure you can't kill em, but you can ignore em, and their dmg is just as bad as the persma stealth TR, Neither of those builds can kill me. And i can actually heal my group while 2 of those are in my face swinging their foam sword at me.
  • Options
    shinigamihollow2shinigamihollow2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    lol, that build sucks for pvp really. Sure you can't kill em, but you can ignore em, and their dmg is just as bad as the persma stealth TR, Neither of those builds can kill me. And i can actually heal my group while 2 of those are in my face swinging their foam sword at me.

Well chances are you won't win a match with 1 sentinel and 1 perma stealth in it either. They will have both basses contest while keeping 3 at mid so you lost. Perma stealth can nuke a char and seen them with 15kills in a game. Also there are some high end Dps sentinel doing some good burst and CC to get kills too. Guess what there is also now a sentinel if not 2 of them in almost every match now cause its a easy lame build to make. So before the game gets to be filled with the unkillable class the insanity could be nipped early before it gets out of hand. Sentinels vs Sentinels , perma stealth and bugged tene's OHHHH MY.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    GTE is 5m on Mindflayer.
    ~$150 ea

Nice that sounds good means maybe they are more rare. The less tene's there are the better.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well chances are you won't win a match with 1 sentinel and 1 perma stealth in it either. They will have both basses contest while keeping 3 at mid so you lost. Perma stealth can nuke a char and seen them with 15kills in a game. Also there are some high end Dps sentinel doing some good burst and CC to get kills too. Guess what there is also now a sentinel if not 2 of them in almost every match now cause its a easy lame build to make. So before the game gets to be filled with the unkillable class the insanity could be nipped early before it gets out of hand. Sentinels vs Sentinels , perma stealth and bugged tene's OHHHH MY.

Bingo!!! Give this man a award.
  • Options
    lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Very true. If stealth uptime isn't fixed doubt this game will have longevity. Not only that more stuff breaks with each patch. Well I am not holding my breath. I can't expect them to fix everything and rogue and tene's and make the game enjoyable I can only hope. That will only last for so long though then me and my friends will just be playing something else that is more fun in the end with richer deeper content that functions properly.

Yeah, why don't you go play other games now. Good Riddance =)
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hmm I see a nerfbat incoming!
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    where is this build anyways!?
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    bozxxbozxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You forget that perma stealth stale mates sentinel gwf and in some instances if they ran life drinker + tene (perma can run 3 without rank 10s) it is possible to kill a sentinel even in bis gear the trick is there would need to be immense luck / gwf constantly killing bait and switch with restoring strike so lurkers could get off fast.

Add dmg reduc in pvp give cw a shield that absorbs dmg

also buff blessing

remove regen from pvp

also give us ranking in pvp

also make this game wow
    [Tell] From [Click]: I know I'm the best but I don't go around saying that
    [Tell] From [Click]: I hate how you think you're amazing at this game and think everyone else sucks
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bozxx wrote: »
    You forget that perma stealth stale mates sentinel gwf and in some instances if they ran life drinker + tene (perma can run 3 without rank 10s) it is possible to kill a sentinel even in bis gear the trick is there would need to be immense luck / gwf constantly killing bait and switch with restoring strike so lurkers could get off fast.

Add dmg reduc in pvp give cw a shield that absorbs dmg

also buff blessing

remove regen from pvp

also give us ranking in pvp

also make this game wow

Don't remove regen. Remove Pots. Regen is a stat that is supposed to be used in PvP along with bringing a ACTUAL HEALER. These guys should be needed. If anything it can be toned down but. I think removing health pots so that Regen is something you should stat for along with needing a healer class for a heal to do battle will only increase strat and make PvP better. So leave Regen alone. Fix health pots.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    lemollen wrote: »
    Yeah, why don't you go play other games now. Good Riddance =)

Hmmm maybe he doesn't like Perma stealth? I also will not play a game where stealth uptime isn't fixed. I mean come on. I have to agree with him if you want a game filled with just rogues delete other classes now and lets have it. As he stated there is a million things wrong with the game if some of the big issues aren't fixed. Tene's stealth I will be gone as well. So will my friends other games will come out and have better balance and mechanic and not have so many huge bugs and exploits. Which will just make for a better game. I am interested to see if they fix it. If they don't count me out as well.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hmmm maybe he doesn't like Perma stealth? I also will not play a game where stealth uptime isn't fixed. I mean come on. I have to agree with him if you want a game filled with just rogues delete other classes now and lets have it. As he stated there is a million things wrong with the game if some of the big issues aren't fixed. Tene's stealth I will be gone as well. So will my friends other games will come out and have better balance and mechanic and not have so many huge bugs and exploits. Which will just make for a better game. I am interested to see if they fix it. If they don't count me out as well.

Why do players constantly make this comment that perma stealth is somehow auto-kill? You simply have to be either bad or not even trying to defend against it. The ability to stay stealthed during combat is something that is unique about neverwinter, that is a good thing! This isn't the same as every other rogue in every other game.

If you just move away from the knives the TR can't throw any more, then he has to move and start the damage stacking all over. If you simply move away as a squishy you will not die to perma-stealth. As a fighter you simply charge him and cc, frontline as a GF or flourish/takedown as a GWF, so easy...

Stealth is not even close to invulnerability, learn how to counter something before coming to the forums and crying nerf.

After patch that reduces it to 8 charges no one will die to CoS unless they're afk
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Why do players constantly make this comment that perma stealth is somehow auto-kill? You simply have to be either bad or not even trying to defend against it. The ability to stay stealthed during combat is something that is unique about neverwinter, that is a good thing! This isn't the same as every other rogue in every other game.

If you just move away from the knives the TR can't throw any more, then he has to move and start the damage stacking all over. If you simply move away as a squishy you will not die to perma-stealth. As a fighter you simply charge him and cc, frontline as a GF or flourish/takedown as a GWF, so easy...

Stealth is not even close to invulnerability, learn how to counter something before coming to the forums and crying nerf.

After patch that reduces it to 8 charges no one will die to CoS unless they're afk

Being able to stay stealth while in combat is Unique? I think that is more like a fail design. If you can't fix that then players will just leave and go to games where its not like that and broke. I do not want to play a game where some class can combat in stealth why would anyone that is insane and broke. Damage should break stealth and if you have incoming damage you shouldn't be able to go back in stealth. Not a hard fix. Staying stealth isn't Unique its bad design and will drive players away not draw them in.

My friend last night a DC was like OMG when are they going to fix rogues. They should delete every class and just have rogues why have another class. I said I know I can feel your pain but we have a patch coming up and if nothing changes then nothing changes go find a game where its not broken.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »

I make this comment because I am sick of it. Is it really hard to understand that ? It has nothing to do with good bad or countering of any sorts. Do you honestly think the way stealth works is great? Oh you do. I think it drives me and my friends away and I think you can have your Unique stealth build and fight other rogues then and ill find a game that it doesn't have a broken mechanic like staying in stealth while in combat. I mean to each there own I am glad you like it but it is terrible. That is my opinion my CW buddy and couple friends just tired of it really. Just really really poor design on a class. Nothing unique at all. If anything the TR class is the least unique class I have seen in a game. They had a chance to make a Trickster rogue and something special. Then someone in the design room said I know I have a great idea lets give them stealth like in every other game and fix them if they are broke latter. Every said ok done. Next class. Lol. You want unique they could of given a rogue something instead of stealth. That would of been unique. Making another stealth class and having it being broken by letting it combat while in stealth is far from unique. That is my opinion.
  • Options
    khalibuskhalibus Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    I think it's funny that the third best PvP class is the one getting nerfed. Makes no sense.
  • Options
    oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Being able to stay stealth while in combat is Unique? I think that is more like a fail design. If you can't fix that then players will just leave and go to games where its not like that and broke. I do not want to play a game where some class can combat in stealth why would anyone that is insane and broke. Damage should break stealth and if you have incoming damage you shouldn't be able to go back in stealth. Not a hard fix. Staying stealth isn't Unique its bad design and will drive players away not draw them in.

My friend last night a DC was like OMG when are they going to fix rogues. They should delete every class and just have rogues why have another class. I said I know I can feel your pain but we have a patch coming up and if nothing changes then nothing changes go find a game where its not broken.

You say this like there are people on these boards that aren't painfully aware of your thoughts on Stealth and Rogues in general... We get it, please stop repeating the same arguments over and over and over.

Also, telling us about how your friends agree with you (which you have done several times in other posts) does NOT make your argument any stronger...
  • Options
    t3hwh173f0xt3hwh173f0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The only thing that is OP is the Tenebrous enchants. Take away those Tene's and that tanky as hell 37k+ hp Sentinel GWF will be exactly that. Just a tanky as hell 37k+hp Sentinel GWF that has absolutely no damage output. That is balanced because the GWF is supposed to be able to be either a tank or a DPS depending on how you spec. The Sentinel tree is the tank spec FYI so if you spec all out Sentinel and you aren't tanky as hell then there would be something terribly wrong. But I digress... the only problem is Tenebrous Enchantments. They give you a ridiculously powerful offensive bonus for stacking hit points, so they make tanks DPS like TRs.
    Remove Tenebrous Enchants or make them use a pink weapon enhancement slot instead of a white offense slot enchantment, that is the only solution that will work. Nerfing the GWF will result in the GF replacing him as the new Tenebrous junkie and then the GF will get nerfed and then no one will be able to complete dungeons so the dungeons will get nerfed and this game will get completely nerfed to the point where it is like playing GodMode all the time. So please, if you are going to address a problem, make sure you are addressing the correct problem and not in turn creating more problems.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    You say this like there are people on these boards that aren't painfully aware of your thoughts on Stealth and Rogues in general... We get it, please stop repeating the same arguments over and over and over.

Also, telling us about how your friends agree with you (which you have done several times in other posts) does NOT make your argument any stronger...

Being painfully aware of what is broke is how stuff gets done. Nothing is done till its painful.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The only thing that is OP is the Tenebrous enchants. Take away those Tene's and that tanky as hell 37k+ hp Sentinel GWF will be exactly that. Just a tanky as hell 37k+hp Sentinel GWF that has absolutely no damage output. That is balanced because the GWF is supposed to be able to be either a tank or a DPS depending on how you spec. The Sentinel tree is the tank spec FYI so if you spec all out Sentinel and you aren't tanky as hell then there would be something terribly wrong. But I digress... the only problem is Tenebrous Enchantments. They give you a ridiculously powerful offensive bonus for stacking hit points, so they make tanks DPS like TRs.
    Remove Tenebrous Enchants or make them use a pink weapon enhancement slot instead of a white offense slot enchantment, that is the only solution that will work. Nerfing the GWF will result in the GF replacing him as the new Tenebrous junkie and then the GF will get nerfed and then no one will be able to complete dungeons so the dungeons will get nerfed and this game will get completely nerfed to the point where it is like playing GodMode all the time. So please, if you are going to address a problem, make sure you are addressing the correct problem and not in turn creating more problems.

I totally agree that Tene's are the route of most classes problems that makes there build that much more exploitable.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    PTR has increased Tene's to 20 Seconds they will not be removed from game as they are a "Cash Shop" item. They are not an exploit or bugged item.

Tene's are working as intended "True" damage item. This means no mitigation.

If a player wants to gimp their character and stack HP & Tene's let them. It means they only hit hard once every 20 seconds and are paper thin. If your character die's to a 1 trick pony build, then maybe you need to look at your own build and figure out how to counter it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    PTR has increased Tene's to 20 Seconds they will not be removed from game as they are a "Cash Shop" item. They are not an exploit or bugged item.

If a player wants to gimp their character and stack HP & Tene's let them. It means they only hit hard once every 20 seconds and are paper thin. If your character die's to a 1 trick pony build, then maybe you need to look at your own build and figure out how to counter it.

OK well a 20 sec CD I guess can be a start. What I don't get is why its not a unique enchant and only one per character can be used. I understand its a cash shop item that doesn't mean it shouldn't be balanced and used to make gimmick classes and ruin game balance in pvp. It can still be used and a sought after enchant just allow 1 only on each toon for a lil boost so its not stackable. Tene wars is about as exciting as slowly letting someone tap a nail threw your skull. So hopefully they can make more changes to them.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

So every 20 secs a character using Tene's get a kill from them procing. That means they can get 3 kills per min from Tene procs. In a 10 min match that would be 30 kills from Tene's if the other team doesn't leave because they get tired of getting nubbed by Tene enchants. I doubt they would stay though.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    So every 20 secs a character using Tene's get a kill from them procing. That means they can get 3 kills per min from Tene procs. In a 10 min match that would be 30 kills from Tene's if the other team doesn't leave because they get tired of getting nubbed by Tene enchants. I doubt they would stay though.

So let me get this right:

You are being 1 shot by a player using Tene's... This means you only have 6-7K HP right and the person killing you is at 100% HP. You are just bad at PvP sorry but it's true.

TR's can be a problem because of stealth and throw TR's stacking 7 G-Tene's are a ***** but won't 1 shot you because of G-Tene. They will 1 shot you because of Lurker Lashing and those 40k crts.

GWF - Stacking 6-7 G-Tene's hit for maybe 12k every 15-20 seconds! Your HP is more than 12-15k and if you are just standing there bent over waiting for them to ram their 7 G-Tene's up your backside it's your fault. Again bad player.

GF - Stacking 6 - G-Tene's - Glass Canon that's easily killed using CC and only going to 1 shot you if they have laser beam locked on and hit's with a Huge CRT & G-Tene's Proc with full HP.

DC/CW - Can Stack G-Tene's also but won't 1 shot you.

So again please explain how G-Tene's are allowing players to 1 shot you unless you are standing there bent over waiting for them to do it?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This thread is full of fail.

If you want to watch TOP Tier PvP then go watch the Mindflayer PvP Tourney with players using G-Tene's and those so called G-Tene wars. You'll see that a well played game, G-Tene's are not going to 1 shot players, but allow players to kill others with soulforge.

If you are QQ about pugs just shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh as anything can beat pugs. Go put a group together and see how bad/good at PvP you really are.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This thread is full of fail.

If you want to watch TOP Tier PvP then go watch the Mindflayer PvP Tourney with players using G-Tene's and those so called G-Tene wars. You'll see that a well played game, G-Tene's are not going to 1 shot players, but allow players to kill others with soulforge.

If you are QQ about pugs just shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh as anything can beat pugs. Go put a group together and see how bad/good at PvP you really are.

Why would I want to watch a match of Tene vs Tene there is no real competition there. If I am going to watch premades to see who has skill they should take the Tene's out so its a enjoyable and decent match. Guess you don't understand how they take the skill part out of it.

Also you never been hit by a 12k crit and had 15k in tene procs. Tene's can proc multiple times another thing about them that is bugged and why they are stacked. When 6 tene's proc 11 times its a GG. You are not going to turn that fight around you will just die.

So it becomes a who's tene can proc first and most wins which means whoever has better RNG first is a better player. Isn't that a problem or is that Ok?
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why would I want to watch a match of Tene vs Tene there is no real competition there. If I am going to watch premades to see who has skill they should take the Tene's out so its a enjoyable and decent match. Guess you don't understand how they take the skill part out of it.

Well no, that's really rather silly. If both teams are similarly geared and all are kitted out with Greater Tene's in offensive slots then what you have is a level playing field. So this should be precisely what you want!

If you're not okay with a level playing field, and it seems from your posts that you're not, then what you're again demanding is that people play the way you want them to play. That's both ridiculous and selfish. If you want a level playing field, that's more like dueling and that can be an interesting conversation. But it looks like this is another "I don't like this so I want the game to change to suit me" argument of yours.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Also you never been hit by a 12k crit and had 15k in tene procs. Tene's can proc multiple times another thing about them that is bugged and why they are stacked. When 6 tene's proc 11 times its a GG.

Please show a recent case of this as I've only heard about the "Bug" happening when the Perfect thunderhead enchant had no ITC. I've never seen in PvP Tene's proc more than their ITC allows.

The only reason I know players stacking G-Tene is for the True damage effect. Also it's great to use with DoTs because Dots can proc Tene's and kill a running target. :D

You sound so bad I bet I could kill you with my GF with no enchants at all. 0 enchants. Lets do it. Get on PTR and lets settle this. :D
  • Options
    thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    Scroto you should know by now that abombination does not use reason or logic in his crusade to rid the world of tene's. A 30k HP player will do roughly 7k damage every 20 seconds from these enchants, and for every other attack it will be like he has ZERO enchants in his gear at all. It's balanced to a degree vs. people running high ranking enchants of all kinds. More burst, less DPS. But our friend here believes they are a Death Ray that insta kills people and only those that are mentally handicapped use them. Go figure.
This discussion has been closed.