test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

37k + HP GWF with 50% deflect . aka Sentinel build. Do you love it?

abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ok so there was a old thread rejuvenated about GWF being worst class. Then myself and many others commented on how OP they currently are because of new builds and patches latter with certain gear. So I thought I would make a new thread since some had some questions.

First off this build really was made possible and centered around of course the Tene enchant which has created a list of builds and needs to be made unique and only 1 per class used. Just fixing that enchant will balance PvP greatly and make the gimmick builds of the world disappear.

As someone asked don't you have 0 power crit etc, etc, of course but it doesn't matter because you do tons and tons of damage.

With sets giving 15% deflect and GWF having high deflect already they are the Supreme tanks of the game. With more benefits to stacked Con.

They also get Arm pen from there Con so more con more damage so having arm pen socked isn't needed at all.
Throw a plague fire on to proc the Tene's and lower defenses even more.
There armor bonuses from 2 pc sets are 1600 and 1800 HP so they can easily have the most HP in the game the highest I have seen is 37k. Others have mentioned 39k the fact is why are they by far the best tanks. The more HP you stack the stronger you are. Makes sense for a good build right. Then of course immune and can just runaway. So this build can cause a lot of problems and well time for breakfast but I saw a lot of questions about it and do to a old thread it was closed.

So now we can have a up to date discussion. About the unkillable GWF. That can dps with the rest of them what do you love about it or hate? Any build that is unkillable and made to be that way obviously needs a adjustment. Unkillable builds tons of fun right ?
Post edited by abombination247 on

Comments

• Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Add a greater lifedrinker enchantment and they are absolutely impossible to kill. This is by far the most OP and annoying class in game. The only counter to a GWF in pvp is another GWF. I wouldn't call that "balanced". :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Add a greater lifedrinker enchantment and they are absolutely impossible to kill. This is by far the most OP and annoying class in game. The only counter to a GWF in pvp is another GWF. I wouldn't call that "balanced". :)

True. In order to beat this build that is contesting a base and that's what they do you have to have 2-3 players go kill him. A lot of times they just run away and pot to leave the 3 players trying to kill them at the base to only return full health. Which then means Mid is lost and you can't contest there base. Of course if the team has 2 GWF in this build throw in a cleric you lost. Say your team counters it by having 2 sentinels of your own well they yay its a lamefest pretty boring if you ask me. Hard builds to kill not a problem but Unkillable is different. I don't know the fix maybe cap deflect at 25% for every class. Just a thought. I don't have the great fix. I would say how about removing the huge HP bonuses and giving them some Dps stats so they can Dps and be the striker class?
  • Options
    thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    There are many half-truths in your post, and I realize it is futile to argue them with you. Everyone knows you are on a Forum-spamming crusade to nerf Tenebrous enchants, yet you continue to make post after post about them. I'll clear up a few things for the other people that might read this thread though.

First, Tene's don't make the GWF build possible: It allows them to do 7k damage every 20 seconds.....Its nice no doubt, but it is hardly game breaking, and considering any class can use them...it is irrelevant in the big picture of class balance.

GWFs are powerful because of high defense and high deflect coupled with moderately decent base damage on a few of their attacks. What makes GWFs "OMG WTF BBQ?" overpowered is the mechanics of Unstoppable coupled with the mechanics of Regeneration. He will not die to one player, even someone with maxed out gear(including the dreaded Tenebrous enchants).

The problem is Regeneration is too powerful, and Unstoppable builds too quickly. Those things combined make GWFs unkillable. If you don't believe it, have a Super geared GWF run a pvp match without using his TAB button (which frequently happens due to a bug) and see how often he dies.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Although i agree with everything you said, but we can't ignore that GWF PvE contribution is completely ditched.

They utterly a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in PvP and are extremely hard to kill, but please understand that they can't really do the roles of a TR or a GF in dungeons since a TR/GF can out DPS them by far much more which makes them having no real role in PvE.

Ofcourse there are exceptional GWFs who can out DPS decent TRs and GFs, but i'm talking with a general perspective here.

And like thexavory said, it is their unstoppable and regeneration that makes them close to immortals in PvP not the tenebrous.
  • Options
    thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    And unfortunately Cryptic, instead of buffing the survivability of CW's and DC's(to defend against TRs) , decided to nerf TR's, which is in effect a GWF buff, since they are the only class that can really pressure a GWF's defenses.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Although i agree with everything you said, but we can't ignore that GWF PvE contribution is completely ditched.

They utterly a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in PvP and are extremely hard to kill, but please understand that they can't really do the roles of a TR or a GF in dungeons since a TR/GF can out DPS them by far much more which makes them having no real role in PvE.

Ofcourse there are exceptional GWFs who can out DPS decent TRs and GFs, but i'm talking with a general perspective here.

And like thexavory said, it is their unstoppable and regeneration that makes them close to immortals in PvP not the tenebrous.

I agree. They need to have some Dps and striker buffs. There role isn't solid in PvE. I think some reworking of them and removing the HP bonus to a Dps bonus can only help there build.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    thexavory wrote: »
    And unfortunately Cryptic, instead of buffing the survivability of CW's and DC's(to defend against TRs) , decided to nerf TR's, which is in effect a GWF buff, since they are the only class that can really pressure a GWF's defenses.

Well rogues are the current only OP class so need tons of adjustment to be brought inline with other classes. Not to get off topic.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unkillable builds tons of fun right ?

Wait a minute, were you the poster who was boasting how awesomely he owns people with his 1.4K twinked level 19 character that always leaves before the end of a PvP match to avoid getting any XP?

If not, apologies for my mistake.

If so, however, you are the worst hypocrite I have come across in a very long while...
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Wait a minute, were you the poster who was boasting how awesomely he owns people with his 1.4K twinked level 19 character that always leaves before the end of a PvP match to avoid getting any XP?

If so, however, you are the worst hypocrite I have come across in a very long while...

He also has biased opinion and is very vocal about other classes, not once I saw him state how OP GFs are, yesterday I pvped against my buddy steroidz on his GF (on stream), we went 7-7 (TR vs GF), they build daily faster than a CW, i took him down to soulforge, he daily'd me and killed me with consecutive prones, and his tenes didn't do anything since he was low on HP, yet I don't see anyone complaining about that. I literally could do nothing once he started the first prone, how is a character that can take you down from 100% to 0% without even letting you get up not considered broken at least a bit?

I'm more careful when I go against GFs instead of GWFs.

Also some food for thought, the builds that you claim revolve around tenes are complete false, the builds are great even without tenes, just look at flyyyyy13 now that he's using our gear+spec, he's able to kill easily without them.

Classes that should be nerfed: GWF (unstoppable), GF(dmg nerf), TR(executioner tree)
    Classes that should be buffed: DC(more cc immunity), CW (more dmg increase)
  • Options
    irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thexavory wrote: »

Yet Cryptic changed the nerfs.. LA went back to damage buff capped out at 25% instead of 60% and at-wills no longer deplete the stealth meter. Which is sad and I think many people will be leaving this game.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I haven't played my Twink :( He does have a 1.6k GS now though. Its just kinda annoying that I have to leave the match to not get exp so lost interest at this time to work on other things. So its just crafting with him on the skills that doesn't award exp until we have a feature to turn off exp. You must be a fan of mine knowing that about me not many do.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    He also has biased opinion and is very vocal about other classes, not once I saw him state how OP GFs are, yesterday I pvped against my buddy steroidz on his GF (on stream), we went 7-7 (TR vs GF), they build daily faster than a CW, i took him down to soulforge, he daily'd me and killed me with consecutive prones, and his tenes didn't do anything since he was low on HP, yet I don't see anyone complaining about that. I literally could do nothing once he started the first prone, how is a character that can take you down from 100% to 0% without even letting you get up not considered broken at least a bit?

Also some food for thought, the builds that you claim revolve around tenes are complete false, the builds are great even without tenes, just look at flyyyyy13 now that he's using our gear+spec, he's able to kill easily without them.

Classes that should be nerfed: GWF (unstoppable), GF(dmg nerf), TR(executioner tree)

I can agree with some of the buffs you listed and if they went threw probably be ok. Just if you nerf GF damage tree at least buff the Def one so maybe some day it will be viable. Flyyyy is good haven't fought him had him on my team once and he left the once before the match when I was against him. :( Long time ago though. yes you can be great without Tene's and that's how you are supposed to build a toon. I don't think I can say that a GF is OP though since they can be countered easily. Sure if they get the jump on you bad luck if they crit. Just still don't think its OP.

Maybe they should nerf the Daily that prones you since that seems to be a big problem. Seems like its the big daily prone that sets players up with the 2 encounter prones and I can say getting rid of that might fix it ? Or help some that's all I can say for a nerf and I can agree with that one. So lets make a post to nerf a GF's daily prone!! We can get it done.

I went against a premade with 5 GF's yesterday and I can say dam 5 dailys prones I ended up once on the bridge and the roof. Of course 5 of any same class you will get the worst of there abilities. Still a nerf to the prone on a daily be a good thing for PvP.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I haven't played my Twink :( He does have a 1.6k GS now though. Its just kinda annoying that I have to leave the match to not get exp so lost interest at this time to work on other things. So its just crafting with him on the skills that doesn't award exp until we have a feature to turn off exp. You must be a fan of mine knowing that about me not many do.

So you were that hypocrite.

BTW infamy isn't the same as fame but if that is all that someone can aspire to....
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Out of curiosity, what do even you find so unfair that you are trying to get nerfed?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Out of curiosity, what do even you find so unfair that you are trying to get nerfed?

Its not what I find so unfair. This was brought up in a old thread that was closed so I made a up to date one to have open discussion about it. There were some questions that were unanswered and made the post so players could talk about it or voice there opinions that's why I made it. Pretty much what I said in my opening post is what is wrong but open discussion so have fun.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not experienced enough, but from what i've read all these builds are based on the heavy use of TE to deal damage (7k?) every 10 seconds (is 10 sec the ICD of the TE, if i read well). The problem is, they have so much HP and regen that it's almost unkillable. Unless, i think, you have the same amount of TE. Then you have enough attack/ damage to tear down its HP.
    Ran into a GF that was able to heal fast in one of the last PvP matches. But i was still able to consistently tear down its HP. Would just have been a long fight, but my Group arrived and we were Killing him when the match ended few seconds later.
    What i still don't understand is how 30-40% of the total HP is healed in the blink of an eye. Only thing i can think about is high regen+lifedrinker critic+may be a PvP potion or something.
    Ti spare me some math, anybody knows how much regenneration can heal when maxed out, and at what stat value it's capped?
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013

A good CW can solo most of the GFs. I know it, I play one. Unless someone else gets involved in your fight, killing the tank is a walk in the park, with dodges and stuns. :cool:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »
    Yet Cryptic changed the nerfs.. LA went back to damage buff capped out at 25% instead of 60% and at-wills no longer deplete the stealth meter. Which is sad and I think many people will be leaving this game.

Very true. If stealth uptime isn't fixed doubt this game will have longevity. Not only that more stuff breaks with each patch. Well I am not holding my breath. I can't expect them to fix everything and rogue and tene's and make the game enjoyable I can only hope. That will only last for so long though then me and my friends will just be playing something else that is more fun in the end with richer deeper content that functions properly.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    I'm not experienced enough, but from what i've read all these builds are based on the heavy use of TE to deal damage (7k?) every 10 seconds (is 10 sec the ICD of the TE, if i read well). The problem is, they have so much HP and regen that it's almost unkillable. Unless, i think, you have the same amount of TE. Then you have enough attack/ damage to tear down its HP.
    Ran into a GF that was able to heal fast in one of the last PvP matches. But i was still able to consistently tear down its HP. Would just have been a long fight, but my Group arrived and we were Killing him when the match ended few seconds later.
    What i still don't understand is how 30-40% of the total HP is healed in the blink of an eye. Only thing i can think about is high regen+lifedrinker critic+may be a PvP potion or something.
    Ti spare me some math, anybody knows how much regenneration can heal when maxed out, and at what stat value it's capped?

It can get pretty high now since Regen gear is sought after in these HP builds. 1700 + regen = a couple times faster then a campfire. With 37k life about 2k health per tick. The large problem is the huge deflection so all at wills and if your burst gets deflected you can't kill them because of the constant regen. So its just all timing not to mention you can just always take a PvP pot when low while poping unstoppable. For a GF you can get a massive heal to full on fighters recovery daily you can full heal in 1 attack. also there passive ferocious heals with regen. Technically clerics healing isn't even really needed and the cleric I run with is Dps cause it just makes sense.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    A good CW can solo most of the GFs. I know it, I play one. Unless someone else gets involved in your fight, killing the tank is a walk in the park, with dodges and stuns. :cool:

This is why I never get the GF OP stuff. A GF's can prone you but you can always just dodge it and not get hit. I have had 3 attacks dodged in a row and talk about frustrating. I just go attack something else. I mean dodge is pretty amazing just have to be aware and use it.
  • Options
    godsdozergodsdozer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is why I never get the GF OP stuff. A GF's can prone you but you can always just dodge it and not get hit. I have had 3 attacks dodged in a row and talk about frustrating. I just go attack something else. I mean dodge is pretty amazing just have to be aware and use it.

Most of the time you will not be able to dodge it.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What I get from all this is that GWFs are fun and worth to gear /play in PvP right now .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    What I get from all this is that GWFs are fun and worth to gear /play in PvP right now .

Oh yea they are tons of fun what is good though is different builds and possibilities. Wish other classes had more then 1 build. I mean making a unkillable spec can be some fun but if that is your main I would think it gets pretty boring do to lameness.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    godsdozer wrote: »
    Most of the time you will not be able to dodge it.

Define most of the time? Honestly if a CW see's me and doesn't dodge then I am surprised. I usually have to fake them out and use threatening rush to so I don't blow CD encounters wasted on them when there dodging all the time. If they are good. I mean I have 3 attacks you dodge all 3 of them what am I going to do when I get there have a dance off with you. lol. A gf is harmless if you dodge his main attacks. A GF can't kill you with at wills. Not saying you can dodge everything just you can dodge most of the time just have to be aware and do it.

Just dodging there bull charge is huge since its the biggest prone with knock back. Increases chances greatly.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Lantis -

I disagree that GF dmg should be nerf. Go look at tank builds and how low their damage is. There is only 1 reason GF's do so much damage and I'm sure your guild knows why, if not ask Fear otherwise message me off forums.

But my GF builds are achieving over a 75%+ base damage increase before crts. That's what is broken and most GF's do not run these type of builds.
  • Options
    borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

With sets giving 15% deflect and GWF having high deflect already they are the Supreme OFF-tanks of the game. With more benefits to stacked Con.

just fixing this, a tank someone who can soak damage and manage aggro. Unfortunatelly the seccond scapes the GWF so he is just a very resilient damage dealer (or off-tank, name as you please =P), but not really a tank.
  • Options
    l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2013
    7 tenebrous though. Thats insane. New player hitting 60 will be looking to pay ~$200 for one g.tene on beholder. In fact, i started working it out for full set of max enchants based on current supply, and once i got past $1000 i stopped adding up.

You think thats acceptable?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    l3l3l3l3 wrote: »
    7 tenebrous though. Thats insane. New player hitting 60 will be looking to pay ~$200 for one g.tene on beholder. In fact, i started working it out for full set of max enchants based on current supply, and once i got past $1000 i stopped adding up.

You think thats acceptable?

G tene's aren't that expensive. lol. not even close.
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok so there was a old thread rejuvenated about GWF being worst class. Then myself and many others commented on how OP they currently are because of new builds and patches latter with certain gear. So I thought I would make a new thread since some had some questions.

First off this build really was made possible and centered around of course the Tene enchant which has created a list of builds and needs to be made unique and only 1 per class used. Just fixing that enchant will balance PvP greatly and make the gimmick builds of the world disappear.

As someone asked don't you have 0 power crit etc, etc, of course but it doesn't matter because you do tons and tons of damage.

With sets giving 15% deflect and GWF having high deflect already they are the Supreme tanks of the game. With more benefits to stacked Con.

They also get Arm pen from there Con so more con more damage so having arm pen socked isn't needed at all.
    Throw a plague fire on to proc the Tene's and lower defenses even more.
    There armor bonuses from 2 pc sets are 1600 and 1800 HP so they can easily have the most HP in the game the highest I have seen is 37k. Others have mentioned 39k the fact is why are they by far the best tanks. The more HP you stack the stronger you are. Makes sense for a good build right. Then of course immune and can just runaway. So this build can cause a lot of problems and well time for breakfast but I saw a lot of questions about it and do to a old thread it was closed.

So now we can have a up to date discussion. About the unkillable GWF. That can dps with the rest of them what do you love about it or hate? Any build that is unkillable and made to be that way obviously needs a adjustment. Unkillable builds tons of fun right ?

TL;DR

You lost me at discussion of anything having to do with this game.

I get skin rejuvenation treatments and have never lost all of my teeth in.

Get good and learn to play and brush your hair help and help your muscles hair.

The best solution to tenes is just to allow you to stack as many as you can and sell them for $3,000 each on the item shop.

Working as intended.
  • Options
    khalibuskhalibus Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2013

Totally agree.
This discussion has been closed.