test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

best GF build atm - By FearItsSelf jun4/2013

Comments

• uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Good feedback thanks. Ive tried a few greaters like lifedrinker etc and always come back to GPF for my GF. I just built a greater vorpal for my GWF and going to try that with a 7 GTE set up (basically same gear as kiwi and with a greater negation instead of perfect and vorpal instead of avenger)

I am always torn with GPF since its so good but cant go to perfect... If it went to perfect id do it hands down over anything but for pure damage, the Vorpal>GPF with GWF and its a tradeoff with GF it seems.

The tene thing is actually why Im dropping SF for negation too, it rarely makes much difference.

Also why dont u put 1 point in Grit? When you are healed you gain temp HP, which procs your 15% damage bonus... Seems like for 1 point that can be very good... I would trade that for 1 of your 5/5 in Ubiq Shield..

5% of Combat advantage or you get a 15% damage bonus when healed... Seems like an easy trade to me...

thought about it but since the only time i will get the grit is when i get healed from another player typically i will get a shield from them. an the sheild from grit is so small that it will disapear b4 u get your 1st atk in, thats what i noticed w/ my 1st build i was like oh its up atk then by time i lunge too them it was already gone :(

2% hp every 30 secs (requires a cc, every class uses atleast one in pvp)
    1% every 40 secs (requires healer on your team, we dont use healers for pvp)

But thinking i should change to the prone duration, might be slightly better but it is situational.. going to try prone feat instead; starting tmrw.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    How did you get those expensive items? Did you buy them with real money or cold you tell me how to collect much money in the game please? (I'm a GWF).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drungorthdrungorth Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2013
    Well that limonade guild has farmed everything lots of times i bet so selling pieces make the AD come in to buy what you need.
    There is also the possibility to use real cash like i do half of the time on any of my character. Because i work and dont have that farming time but i like to be a bit competitive....but when u see 40 euros is about 1m AD...thats not even a greater tene lol good luck.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drungorth wrote: »
    Well that limonade guild has farmed everything lots of times i bet so selling pieces make the AD come in to buy what you need.
    There is also the possibility to use real cash like i do half of the time on any of my character. Because i work and dont have that farming time but i like to be a bit competitive....but when u see 40 euros is about 1m AD...thats not even a greater tene lol good luck.

1 CN MH weapon will sell for 1mil+ AD pretty easy.. CN with glitches used to be able to be done in like <10 min. Also, lesser tenes used to cost about 30k AD meaning you could make a greater for about 400k AD... So you can do the math... A few CN farms sell the drops buy the enchants and done...

Stalwart is T1 which is easy to get... The blue items you can buy on the AH for like 5k AD?

The weapon im sure he just farmed himself...

My guess is that fear was one of the "first to the table" like some of the other guys and ran CN when ppl were running T1s, Nowadays, the only gear really worth any AD is T2 items or CN items... So GL farming, not to mention tene is so popular that now everyone wants them, IE, prices are through the rough! (like 2 mil for one greater tene)
    edited July 2013
    uncag3d wrote: »
    thought about it but since the only time i will get the grit is when i get healed from another player typically i will get a shield from them. an the sheild from grit is so small that it will disapear b4 u get your 1st atk in, thats what i noticed w/ my 1st build i was like oh its up atk then by time i lunge too them it was already gone :(

2% hp every 30 secs (requires a cc, every class uses atleast one in pvp)
    1% every 40 secs (requires healer on your team, we dont use healers for pvp)

But thinking i should change to the prone duration, might be slightly better but it is situational.. going to try prone feat instead; starting tmrw.

Hmm Ill have to check it out again but ive found it feat useful. I dont necessarily time it, but I have noticed getting healing and my damage goes up a little...

Also,

I found a blue neck with +600 HP / +100 Crit / +75 Arp... Too bad its only GWF gear tho.. Its called "Mantle of the Underdark" Lvl 58 blue item... Its pretty sweet and im going to be putting my GTE in it (on my GWF) over the volcano cloak... Seems like the offensive stats are well worth the 100 deflection and like 60 more hp.
    edited July 2013
    Hmm Ill have to check it out again but ive found it feat useful. I dont necessarily time it, but I have noticed getting healing and my damage goes up a little...

Also,

I found a blue neck with +600 HP / +100 Crit / +75 Arp... Too bad its only GWF gear tho.. Its called "Mantle of the Underdark" Lvl 58 blue item... Its pretty sweet and im going to be putting my GTE in it (on my GWF) over the volcano cloak... Seems like the offensive stats are well worth the 100 deflection and like 60 more hp.

there is also a belt i think that give 1.7k hp only for gwf tho its either green or blue.

and a TR blue rings that give over 500 regeneration which would be ridiculs on a gf we only got the 200 one which is pretty good u heal for ~1.8k ever 3 secs but the 500 gen would put us at like ~2.2k every 3 which would make it bis.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    edited July 2013
    zjesminz wrote: »
    How did you get those expensive items? Did you buy them with real money or cold you tell me how to collect much money in the game please? (I'm a GWF).

litterally farm farm farm, get to the new content 1st then sell those items 1st an get big money.. use alts w/ leadership 25k per day on each if you no life it (takes forever)
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    edited July 2013
    there is also a belt i think that give 1.7k hp only for gwf tho its either green or blue.

and a TR blue rings that give over 500 regeneration which would be ridiculs on a gf we only got the 200 one which is pretty good u heal for ~1.8k ever 3 secs but the 500 gen would put us at like ~2.2k every 3 which would make it bis.

Ya I saw those rings on Lantiss... my jaw hit the floor when I saw that... Just stupid.

I know your not talking about the bloodlust belt with 1k HP... What belt is it and where can I get it? LOL! I doubt its a green item (although you never know) cause the bloodlust is blue 55 so it would have to be either blue 58 or higher to be that much better...

Oh, Id like to see a vid of you 1v1 vs Lantiss' TR just watched somegameplay and wow is that ultra cheesy... Worse than the KC ->bull->lunging with tenes imo...
    edited July 2013
    Ya I saw those rings on Lantiss... my jaw hit the floor when I saw that... Just stupid.

I know your not talking about the bloodlust belt with 1k HP... What belt is it and where can I get it? LOL! I doubt its a green item (although you never know) cause the bloodlust is blue 55 so it would have to be either blue 58 or higher to be that much better...

Oh, Id like to see a vid of you 1v1 vs Lantiss' TR just watched somegameplay and wow is that ultra cheesy... Worse than the KC ->bull->lunging with tenes imo...

only rogue that i've see that can kill me atm is invisablity, but i am going to fight lantiss' gwf tonight or tmrw
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    edited July 2013
    only rogue that i've see that can kill me atm is invisablity, but i am going to fight lantiss' gwf tonight or tmrw

He took his GTEs out and put them on his TR, is he gonna waste 2 mil AD just for a 1v1... hats off to you guys if thats the case...
    LOL..

Ya I saw Lantis' stream with Invisibility 1v1 another GF. Was pretty stupid imo at the cheese of that build and how you cant really do much to counter it... Except play a GWF ^^.

You have no idea what the name of that 1.7k HP belt is? Wish I was on your server to come 1v1 you guys... Althought I redid my GF for PVE and GWF vs GF isnt much of a fair fight...
  • jaeldynjaeldyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Are you talking about the GWF belt that gives massive hp ? If so it is the Bloodcord or something like that.
  • kirikatojikirikatoji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    edited July 2013
    kirikatoji wrote: »

always worked propperly for me O.o

an i win vs lantiss an invis it is a 50/50 about but you just got to find them.. you cant just stand still an wait for them
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • wingserwingser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    heyheyhey

I used your build as an example and changed thingies from there on but i have something thats bothering me, its like a dilemma i guess.

Here goes:

So instead of going for Conquerer with feats i went for Tactician and its not that much worse damage, its just more timing dependant. I use trample the fallen instead of Combat superiority, so thats 15% instead of the 10% and the extra weapon damage(25%) you get with the feat in Tactician(see my spec below). So the main thing is what do you think is more important, with this build its pretty much slightly less damage but in PvE you can have Fighters Recovery up PERMANENTLY. I can literally tank ALL mobs in Frozen Heart with just cleaving around and fighters recovery.

I know if you have conquerer you can still get it up alot, but lets face it, after you used your block for the 2nd daily it'll be harder to obtain.

I'd just like your opinion on all of this. ^^

5 0 0 0 1
    5 5 5 0

Edit: Forgot to mention 1 thing

Combo on boss is easier, and maybe pvp if you play it right. With cooldown decrease its easier to lunge twice in 1 Knights Challenge. And on bosses you can evade an extra attack in the meantime or get knocked down and still get the second lunge in. Also a huge +
  • petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wingser wrote: »
    heyheyhey

I used your build as an example and changed thingies from there on but i have something thats bothering me, its like a dilemma i guess.

Here goes:

So instead of going for Conquerer with feats i went for Tactician and its not that much worse damage, its just more timing dependant. I use trample the fallen instead of Combat superiority, so thats 15% instead of the 10% and the extra weapon damage(25%) you get with the feat in Tactician(see my spec below). So the main thing is what do you think is more important, with this build its pretty much slightly less damage but in PvE you can have Fighters Recovery up PERMANENTLY. I can literally tank ALL mobs in Frozen Heart with just cleaving around and fighters recovery.

I know if you have conquerer you can still get it up alot, but lets face it, after you used your block for the 2nd daily it'll be harder to obtain.

I'd just like your opinion on all of this. ^^

5 0 0 0 1
    5 5 5 0

Edit: Forgot to mention 1 thing

Combo on boss is easier, and maybe pvp if you play it right. With cooldown decrease its easier to lunge twice in 1 Knights Challenge. And on bosses you can evade an extra attack in the meantime or get knocked down and still get the second lunge in. Also a huge +

I'm sure me and the other Conquerors never had much/any problems tanking adds in FH. With Fighters Recovery on very high uptime.
  • wingserwingser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    petpet2 wrote: »
    I'm sure me and the other Conquerors never had much/any problems tanking adds in FH. With Fighters Recovery on very high uptime.

I forgot to mention that i ran conquerer and then respecced into tactician to see how that works out. And then thats the whole thing up there. I think i wasnt clear about that.

AND ANOTHER THING, **** i keep editting.

I don't mean kiting adds in FH i mean literally taking ALL damage and just out-healing it, so i guess the literal term of tanking?
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    always worked propperly for me O.o

an i win vs lantiss an invis it is a 50/50 about but you just got to find them.. you cant just stand still an wait for them

STAL has a charge up for it's power not instant Boost.

If you watch your power with STAL - Each stack slowly adds up 1 power at a time till it hits it's cap. So 5/5 Stacks takes a while to get full power. This is why you'll see your damage #'s low just after gaining your stacks.
  • ncurrncurr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So what's the poor man's alternative to the tenes? Because I'm not going to be able to afford those for a loooong time.
  • merelathmerelath Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is defence and deflect the most important skill in the items for guard fighter?
    For what i should seek for? Not for pvp, only epic quests, bosses , etc.
    Power isnt nessesary?
    edited July 2013
    ncurr wrote: »
    So what's the poor man's alternative to the tenes? Because I'm not going to be able to afford those for a loooong time.

just get a few lesser tenes and otherwise crit is good i guess
  • arinathosarinathos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    New lvl 60 GF trying to spec Envy vs Rokuthy build. With Uncag3d getting 198K crit in PvE, I was wondering what was the buildup to that. Which skills did he hit to cause that amount of ungodly damage?
    edited July 2013
    arinathos wrote: »
    New lvl 60 GF trying to spec Envy vs Rokuthy build. With Uncag3d getting 198K crit in PvE, I was wondering what was the buildup to that. Which skills did he hit to cause that amount of ungodly damage?

Probably Knights challenge on a fully debuffed boss with alot of Tenebrous procs.
    edited July 2013
    Fear!!!

Where are you guys? Laudons playing PoE now? What are you guys up to and why isnt the usual team taking premades?

I see Lantis is standing strong... I hope the A-team comes back for server merge + Module 1 (or w/e its called, Feywind?)
  • kreicuskreicus Member Posts: 76
    edited July 2013
    arinathos wrote: »

Meh, I got over 200k non crit damage just using bull charge on a full health target....

....course, he fell into the lava,...but still!
    edited July 2013
    wingser wrote: »
    Probably Knights challenge on a fully debuffed boss with alot of Tenebrous procs.

Tene shows as its own damage... Really shows some ignorance there bud...

198k crit could be a few things... If its ona boss fight, your damage "adds" together so if you are nonstop cleaving, ive seen over 1 mil in some boss fights before...

You can also get these numbers by knocking a mob into lava cause the damage the mob takes counts as damage you dealt..

I have also seen incredibly high crits like this before but its a fully debuffed mob + green beam + full stalwarts stacks and a lunging strike crit with G vorpal... Not sure what leads up to it, its pretty rare and honestly I think its just a bug that causes something to get miscalculated causing massive damage...

There is a video of a guy in pvp doing like 1billion+ damage on a single attack.. Yes 1 BILLION. It was a CW attacking another CW... something must have bugged in the calculations...
  • facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited July 2013
    FaceControl - GF dps spec - 13.5/Timeless/current - DeathPods / Delzoun Explorers

You are a good balanced build for GF. I find it great for PvE but not so for PvP. If you want dmg on your GF you can go way way more like that Envy guy did and even beyond becouse he is not really on the top...Hes just another forum hero like this guy is.
    Your pvp weaknesses are that you dont have cooldown reduction and your critical is 0...sorry 600 ?! which makes you crit once a day, which i find funny considering you brag about 50k and 250k or whatever.We all do massive dmg from time to time.But the difference between me and you is that i do it more often. Your enchantments are doing everything for you. Your dmg completely relies on them.You get less focus from enemy team considering your def and hp stack in PvP which makes you a successful striker and boosts your scores.../ did anybody see his assistance in the pvp pictures ? /.Im pretty sure you annoyed few people on your team by simple last hitting their targets.As much as one-hit-kill i think you really not capable of doing it without K.C. unless your target is green geared as most of them are.I dont see you dodging/killing 1v2 for example or CW sandwiched.I also take few dailies and still managed to run for the map potion its not a big deal,depends who you play against.I really dont understand how you all think this is set is the best for GF ignoring the T2. I tried every set on my GF and considering im a dps spec i stopped at Timeless. 2600 stacked critical on 2k recovery puts you in a stance that you forget about being a tank becouse everything infront of you is running or either flying^^.

Overall im not much of a forum guy but i got this borring day @ work today and started reading...as you can see this s my 1st post and before i post i did read everything in this Thread.
    Seems really silly and chieldish to me that you state you are the best GF in Dragon.Think about it ?! You think you know everybody in the server to claim this thing ?! Or your 24/7 online and observing everybody that passes the AH. My god ...
    You are like Miss Universe except that your a self-proclaimed one ,and she had a jury.

I know your guild its pretty mellow,got some strong players there and most of the are competitive enough for attention but really its a big thing to state so please fix it.

I will msg you in-game for a premade with my guild and help you put that Ego steam away.

Lol @ ayroux ... Your a good protege :>
    edited July 2013
    facexcontrol - I think Fear has quit. If you want you are welcome to copy your character to PTR and play vs. other GF's on every server.

With your 13.5k Timeless you are running T10 Radiant then in every offensive slot with Timeless sword??
    edited July 2013
    Lol @ ayroux ... Your a good protege :>

Since the beginning of this thread, ive retooled my GF towards PVE almost solely and play GWF in pvp almost exclusively...

Ill be playing against DKCandy in about a week though in round 2 of the tourny GF vs GF :)
  • facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited July 2013
    No im not with Radiant and havent really seen a Timeless sword in Dragon , but im sure it wount match with the stats i chase.I will share my build and my focus soon enough just need to get little more work on it
    edited July 2013
    facexcontrol - 13.5 is that your GS or Power?

If that is your GS sorry thought you were running a 13.5k Power Timeless build with P.Vorpal - Glass Canon

But I it's unlikely your timeless build can beat my build sorry. I have several guildmates with timeless, one with G-Tene's other with savage and both hit like trucks but can't beat my build.