What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

best GF build atm - By FearItsSelf jun4/2013

Comments

• Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    where do you get the 18k power figure? i have never seen mine stack past just shy of 12k power :( did they nerf it? or is there a secret i need to know about this stalwart set?
    also how should a broke person who cannot afford greater tenebrous enchant slot with this setup?
    like what kinda stats am i looking at armpen crit power etc
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    its ~13k i wasnt sure where it would be w/ rank 10's but its lil over 13k w/ 10's. the 18k is if you change items to go pure glass w/ no tene
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    uncag3d wrote: »
    its ~13k i wasnt sure where it would be w/ rank 10's but its lil over 13k w/ 10's. the 18k is if you change items to go pure glass w/ no tene

oooh ok, yeah my enchants suck, im broke because i had to buy the stalwart helmet as everybody sucks at running mad dragon for some reason its to hard.....so yeah lol but otherwise i like the build i like feeling tanky, dont think i will ever be able to afford tenes, lol i thought beholder would be the most populated i obviously rolled on the wrong server then.
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    truxtoshirotruxtoshiro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can you link your build please? at nwcalc.com

Also where do you get tene from? and how do you exactly make a greater weapon enchantment?
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i have never lost a single 1v1 vs the top gf's on the most populated shard in neverwinter.. i think stalwart is ideal for pvp.. if you think diffrenet my challenge still stands 1m ad to first person to beat me 1v1 only 100k to challenge me for the money, otherwise you can challenge me for free but w/o the wager

I'm not on dragon. I'm pretty sure Mindflayer is more populated.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »

Sanctumlol - Just ignore everything uncag3d says. When the servers merge the scrub is up for a rude awaking.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Sanctumlol - Just ignore everything uncag3d says. When the servers merge the scrub is up for a rude awaking.

I'm gonna one shot him and then he's gonna one shot me huehue SKILL.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013

more like 2 shot eachother and then you will try to kill a GWF and go WTF? How did he not die instantly, because weve all become accustomed to knights->Bull->Lunge=dead

I posted about them fixing tene enchants (reminder I have all greaters) and I hope it gets fixed because it doesnt take skill to use and is breaking pvp to the point that non tene players most likely will stop playing (already happenening).

Now for premades where each team has Tenes, thats fair game I think and while relies on dice rolls, I guess you can measure some skill that way... Personally the maps are broken (especially how the healing pots work regardless of combat status) and wish they would retune but oh well...

Kudos to Fear for being #1 dragon guild in PVP and GF. Im looking forward to merge and hopefully a 1v1 for fun against you, should be a good fight!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't even have tenebrous chants and I one shot everyone lol... that's how stupid GF damage is.
  • Options
    ariakaxariakax Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I left reading when you said you're the best. GL HF.
    "Fiat Iustitia Ruat Caelum"
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't even have tenebrous chants and I one shot everyone lol... that's how stupid GF damage is.

Im sorry but if your truly 1 shotting people I have to say PIC or it didnt happen... Because Even with full stacks of stalwarts and knights challenge against decently geared players I wont fully 1 shot. Ill do maybe 15-18k in a niice crit and THEN kill them with maybe 1-2 cleaves + tene OR a lunge followup but I RARELY 1 shot off the bat...

Maybe your confusing 1 shot, it means you press 1 button (two if you count KC) and they die from 100% hp... With 1 hit... aka 1 shot...

You probably cleave, OR do a lunge-> bull (vice versa) meaning you 2 shot them but it happens very quick... thats still a 2 shot... Just saying...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh Also,

I respeced last night and re-did my talent points. Have to say its making a decent difference. Here is what I went with for my feats.
    http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9s,1ui356i:a6z51:6uu00:60000&h=0

The bonus deflect and AC are pretty nice damage resistance... I got the temp HP noed (1 in each) for the +15% damage when temp hp... There seems to be a decent chance you will get crit and often a DC will throw you a heal... boom, 15% damage boost...

10% more AP while block isnt HUGE but when I am 1v2 or against a CW, I like to block to build up stalwarts also avoids CC, this gives more AP for recovery which is ultra OP for holding points... Again under 50% HP, gain more AP. You can literally get to max AP in a few seconds using block + this feat, say hello to unkillable...

Rest are self explanatory...

I am wondering about stacking regen on a tank, I dont think they get the same benefits GWF do as regen, also was thinking about lifedrinker or lifeleach but again at how little (often) GFs attack compared to GWF, it doesnt seem worth it... Still think GPF is BiS (aside from vorpal which doesnt work with tene) for this build. I really like the new build and am also considering dropping my pyro rings for ancient with (+HP/Pwr/Df) Would give over 1200 more hp def is nice and pwr isnt bad either... giving up arp/crit whicch sucks but im weighing the costs...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Im sorry but if your truly 1 shotting people I have to say PIC or it didnt happen... Because Even with full stacks of stalwarts and knights challenge against decently geared players I wont fully 1 shot. Ill do maybe 15-18k in a niice crit and THEN kill them with maybe 1-2 cleaves + tene OR a lunge followup but I RARELY 1 shot off the bat...

Maybe your confusing 1 shot, it means you press 1 button (two if you count KC) and they die from 100% hp... With 1 hit... aka 1 shot...

You probably cleave, OR do a lunge-> bull (vice versa) meaning you 2 shot them but it happens very quick... thats still a 2 shot... Just saying...

In general internet terms oneshot means killed in one quick burst. It doesn't actually mean ONE HIT.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Perfect Vorpal /w ArP makes 25k+ CRTs possible with single bull charge or lunge. Lots of LOLs when you see a player go poof into the air after 25k+ CRT.

Also ayroux - WTF kind of build is that? You are dropping a ton of DMG for minimal AP regen and 2.5% dmg reduction?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ahhh "Perfect Vorpal" Didnt realize you shelled out for that. Yes PV is ULTRA OP atm and even more unbalanced than greater tene setup...

DK what ton of damage am i dropping? Strength Focus? Thats not a lot of DPS. Are you talking about the prone/crontrol DPS boosts?

What is your build at? I am also gaining 5 to AC which when I last checked is a flat 5% damage reduction. 5% more deflect is 2.5% damage reduction.

10% more AP from block + Improved Vigor is very very nice...

I am open to suggestions but my thought in trying this out (for now) is that between stalwarts and tene I dont need more damage output, but I could ALWAYS use more survivability.

Think about these situations (which we all find outselves in) a CW/TR gang you and your SF procs and your at ultra low HP... I can already 1 shot because of stalwarts full procs + tene... so what could I use more, well mor AP = fighters recovery = full hp... I can win that fight easy.. Also more deflect/ac/defense will help that as well...

The ONLY damage i see i am losing is with prone/crontrol here... and the 10% CD reduction which I dont think is game changing...
  • Options
    esleffesleff Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In general internet terms oneshot means killed in one quick burst. It doesn't actually mean ONE HIT.

No, one shot means one hit and one hit only. Trying to change a term used for 10+ years is proof of mental retardation.
  • Options
    cakeyeahcakeyeah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Internet terms: You're doing it wrong.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Anyone know what arp % is max for pvp purposes? Do other players have a dr % or is arp worthless in pvp... Seems like its not and do more damage around the cap?
  • Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What is your build at? I am also gaining 5 to AC which when I last checked is a flat 5% damage reduction. 5% more deflect is 2.5% damage reduction.

I thought each point of AC gave .5% damage reduction? I'm not sure where I heard though.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I could be wrong... Ill have to check again. I decided last night to retool my GF and take out my tene enchants so im going to be changing the build as well... Going to use my GF for PVE purposes and my GWF for PVP (obviously) lol! Putting the GTE in my GWF instead of buying 6 new ones
  • Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I could be wrong... Ill have to check again. I decided last night to retool my GF and take out my tene enchants so im going to be changing the build as well... Going to use my GF for PVE purposes and my GWF for PVP (obviously) lol! Putting the GTE in my GWF instead of buying 6 new ones

That sounds like a better use of the GTEs. I took mine out of my GF's gear a week ago when their timer was changed to 20 seconds and haven't looked back.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    synozeer wrote: »
    That sounds like a better use of the GTEs. I took mine out of my GF's gear a week ago when their timer was changed to 20 seconds and haven't looked back.

Im actually looking at building without them altogether but it seems like GWF can really take advantage of GTE with their huge health pool and regen stats... So I am torn
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Perfect Vorpal /w ArP makes 25k+ CRTs possible with single bull charge or lunge. Lots of LOLs when you see a player go poof into the air after 25k+ CRT.

Also ayroux - WTF kind of build is that? You are dropping a ton of DMG for minimal AP regen and 2.5% dmg reduction?

only works against low hp/gear targets but possible ya.
    ariakax wrote: »
    I left reading when you said you're the best. GL HF.

1v1?
    more like 2 shot eachother and then you will try to kill a GWF and go WTF? How did he not die instantly, because weve all become accustomed to knights->Bull->Lunge=dead

I posted about them fixing tene enchants (reminder I have all greaters) and I hope it gets fixed because it doesnt take skill to use and is breaking pvp to the point that non tene players most likely will stop playing (already happenening).

Now for premades where each team has Tenes, thats fair game I think and while relies on dice rolls, I guess you can measure some skill that way... Personally the maps are broken (especially how the healing pots work regardless of combat status) and wish they would retune but oh well...

Kudos to Fear for being #1 dragon guild in PVP and GF. Im looking forward to merge and hopefully a 1v1 for fun against you, should be a good fight!

Sounds easy on papper but doesn't work like that never been beaten an had ppl try this didn't kill me its alot harder to kill tanks that are very tanky. Even fought blackknight an he has all 10's an perfect's couldn't get close to a 1 or 2 shot so i doubt the ablitiy to do such be others.

im down for the 1v1 though :D always sounds fun.

You 1 shoot pugs good job who cant??

lol this is funny

LOL can we stream it then post it in my thread prrettyyy please??

lol its not when servers started it had the populations on the side dragon was at 20k an the others were like 1-2k so i went w/ dragon if they randomly got a huge amount of ppl that would be extremly suprising.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Also if anyone wants to see ppl rage about how good my build is go to http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?376951-Lemonade-Stand-playing-quot-legit-quot

pretty much its to the point where ppl think im cheating lol
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    people accuse you of using rejuvenation pots and broken feats (ferocious reaction) with fighters recovery in PvP.

I dont think its cheating using this broken/overlooked by devs/not fixed yet mechanics, but pls dont wonder why noone except your own guildies and your forum fanboi here consider u a good player or give you props for your incredible sportsmanship.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    feiergiant wrote: »
    people accuse you of using rejuvenation pots and broken feats (ferocious reaction) with fighters recovery in PvP.

I dont think its cheating using this broken/overlooked by devs/not fixed yet mechanics, but pls dont wonder why noone except your own guildies and your forum fanboi here consider u a good player or give you props for your incredible sportsmanship.

It's cool bud, if the guy's got to juice up to win then so be it. Only gimps his gameplay.

Also uncag3d duels mean nothing as PvP is a team game. Just wait for server merge and after a few months we'll see which teams are top.
  • Options
    fefeenahfefeenah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OP you are so full of yourself that even if you ARE the greatest GF in the world, I won't follow your guide. That is not a compliment, and no I don't want to 1v1 you, and I'm sure you'll laugh this off like every other earnest post on this monster of a thread. What guild are you in? I want to make sure I avoid anyone in that guild as well.

I hope that anyone you've offended on here (looks like quite a few people) aren't discouraged and continue to play and enjoy the game. It's not supposed to be a game in which one person is on top, it's supposed to be a team effort. It's supposed to be fun.

EDIT: Nvm, I see what guild you're in. I'm very glad we're on different servers.
  • Options
    kimonkakimonka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just read through the guide, and it to be honest it looks pretty solid!
    I'm really tempted to use your guide for help on my build (level 40ish), but I just have a question:
    With this guide, can I still be a a decent tank and damage dealer with under leveled or sub par gear and enchantsr?
    Obviously i'm not expecting to be the top top player, but just good enough for tougher runs like T2 and pvp. How essential is gear to this guide? Do I have go get tene enchant or stalwark?
    Sorry if this has been asked/noobish question :P
    Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Update: For you those that want to be updated on what im using http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(FearITsSelf@uncag3d)/charactersheet

/played = 19 days 17 hours

Ok sense I keep seeing people complain about gf's I will give you a build that i found works best.
    I am FearITsSelf on Dragon.

Huge argument is what is the best set.. MANY ppl using ACT dps caculator have said it is Timeless set over Stal Set.
    Not true im not in town to post videos to show the dps you can get w/ my build but i can hands down show you the build that has made me the best gf on dragon server. I know big claims, but it is legit highest crit is 198k on Frozen heart last boss. In pvp I got a 53k lunge strike on a cw.

Timeless gives you massive crit which is awsome but.. if you land crit w/ stal set at 13k power it is game over for anyone. W/ timless you need to hit 2 encounters then you have your crit built so only good for 1 hit from your 3rd encounter.
    Stal set let them hit you 1st an you will turn around an 1 shot them likly, espaciely if you use knights challenge pretty much rogue ult dmg. 12k non crit (before tenebrous proc) crit an you hit alot bigger an most classes only have 25k hp avg. cw 19k w/o hp enchants..lol.

My gear
    Stal Helm - rank 7 movement
    Stal Chest - rank 9 - Radient(hp) - Soulforge lesser
    Stal Golves - rank 7 movement
    Ancient Wep - Plague Fire Greater / Tenbrous Greater
    Ancient Shld - rank 9 - Radient(hp)
    Stal Boots - rank 7 movement

Not at home to remember the name of these items

Neck - Blue item 440hp crit/pen - Tenbrous Greater
    Ring - Blue item 400hp Pwr/pen - Tenbrous Greater
    Ring - Blue item 400hp Pwr/pen - Tenbrous Greater
    Belt - Blue item 440hp Pwr/Crit -Tenebrous Greater(looking for hp/pen/crit friend has it not on ah atm)
    Shirt - Purple gemmed - Tenebrous Greater
    Pants - Purple gemmed - Rank 9 radient (hp)

Feats

From the top going down (not online this is what i remember)
    0/3/3
    1/0/3
    0/5//0
    0/3/5

Paragon (top tree)
    0/5
    0/5
    5/0
    5/0

Paragon (middle tree)
    0/5
    0/5

These feats are not max dps built sense you do still need tankiness for getting hit first to build stal stacks

Pvp
    ferious (passive)
    Combat sup (passive)
    Villan mence (dalie)
    Lunge (encounter)
    bull rush (encounter)
    knights challenge (encounter)
    Cleave (at-will)
    Threating rush(at-will)

combo varies depending on the fight you get in.

Tip: try to get stacks of stal stand in an aoe is best since you get little dmg taken

but if you catch someone off gaurd use tab/knights/bull/lunge an cleave away tempest if they start jumping away (they should be dead before you get half way depends on how far you are into build)

PVE -

Combat (passive)
    (dont remember not at home) One that deals more dmg when they are cc'd (passive)
    Villan mence (dalie)
    Lunge (encounter)
    Threat(encounter)
    Frontline(encounter)
    Cleave (at-will)
    Tempest(at-will)

Combo- Varies alot depends on how well your cw groups mobs
    Tempest(when grouped by cw)
    Cleave(when grouped by cw)
    Threat(when slightly distrubted)
    Frontline(when you see channeled spells or when finishing a group of mobs since grouped mobs DIE FASTER)
    Mence (when you see cw is about to group mobs makes cleave deal alot more)
    Lunge (on high hp mobs or high prioty mobs)

Boss fights

Only thing you change is

Threat to bull rush
    Frontline to Knights challenge

If you have problems w/ living you can change cc dmg passive increase to ferious passive

Combo
    tab or tempest / challenge / mence / lunge / bull rush

Why: lunge has lower cool down so you can use it twice w/ challenge up bull rush can only be used once. Tab/tempest reduces DR.

Thank you reading my build please leave comments below, im in Know Power guild atm pm me or someone in it if you want to challenge me 1v1 or if you want to do premade vs premade (im not going to be online for 5 more days)

It's funny when people bite builds and call it their own. Also if the best GF on dragon slots knights challenge it must be a scrub server.
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kimonka wrote: »
    I just read through the guide, and it to be honest it looks pretty solid!
    I'm really tempted to use your guide for help on my build (level 40ish), but I just have a question:
    With this guide, can I still be a a decent tank and damage dealer with under leveled or sub par gear and enchantsr?
    Obviously i'm not expecting to be the top top player, but just good enough for tougher runs like T2 and pvp. How essential is gear to this guide? Do I have go get tene enchant or stalwark?
    Sorry if this has been asked/noobish question :P
    Thanks for reading!

no you dont need tene for this to work but definatly need stal set, an yes in pve your typically #1/2 for dps an very tanky still.

chabowbies wrote: »
    It's funny when people bite builds and call it their own. Also if the best GF on dragon slots knights challenge it must be a scrub server.

i never slot knights in a premade vs premade only pve or when i want to see big crits in a pug game..

PS: or if they have 2-3 clerics somtimes but since dc nerf its not really needed.
    It's cool bud, if the guy's got to juice up to win then so be it. Only gimps his gameplay.

Also uncag3d duels mean nothing as PvP is a team game. Just wait for server merge and after a few months we'll see which teams are top.

hmm no.. an why i say that is the stratgies that you us in domination typically puts you in a 1v1/2v2 situation never a 5v5 clash.. you put 5 ppl in 1 spot you will win that but you will lose your other two points so typically its 2 mid 1 top 1 bot an 1 roams to balance which ever 1v1/2v2 is uneven..
    feiergiant wrote: »

ok but still its not like i use anything that is not avalible to any other gf they had 2 gf's doing same skills/build as me cause they copied my guide.

and no i dont use rejv potions.. they confuse my regen w/ it an are calling me a cheater.. not my fault they dont know what regen does/works..
    FearITsSelf #1 GF