Install Arc
Options

best GF build atm - By FearItsSelf jun4/2013

Comments

• Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Its not that its a flat 4-5% damage reduction but it seems it only reduces the damage on the single attack that broke your guard... So it only reduces damage for 1 attack and then there is no further benefit...

While reducing cooldowns is not a big deal, 10% is a farily decent reduction, on a 10s + CD your looking at 1 more second reduced... That seems much better than less damage on a single attack that breaks your guard?

I personally like the deflect points and am going to respec TO those, I just dont see the point in 5 spent on the guard break damage reduction...

0/5
    0/5
    thats both bottom feats the broken gaurd blows
    i have defelction/ AC

an yes it is huge the bottom is ok but you will not be as good (Especially in a 1v1)
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    What you mean. The ac is worth more than a cd reduction? How so?
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Isnt that only a 2.5% damage reduction the extra 5 ac
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    What you mean. The ac is worth more than a cd reduction? How so?

idk exact number either, but lets go w/ 2.5%. thats 2.5% you cant get anywhere else. 10% c/d why when you can just back up an wait the .8 sec or block..(in 1v1) this would only be good vs a dc where you need to spam but typically in a premade fight you're going to cordinate your ablitys to blow him up at same time so i'd perf to live then to have ablities back .8 sec faster when they are just going to sit there till everyone is ready to nuke again.
    brutalls wrote: »
    +1 dartakx

Im using this set and stacked a lot of Defense and recovery, i use for PVE:
    -Into the Fray
    -Enforced Threat
    -Knight's Valor

Protector and Tactician Paragon.

Got:
    Damage Resistance 54%
    Recharge Speed 24%
    Action Point Gain 41%
    Deflection Chance 26%
    Critical 11%
    30k HP

There is no problem with agro and survivability is high.

Decent for pve useless for pvp, offering no dmg to your party makes you pretty useless in high-end parties pve/pvp.

im at 49.9% reduction an 24.7% Deflect 12.8% crit 34k hp 13k power in fights so I am always #1 dps, boss fights im #2 some times still #1 if rogue doesn't have perfect vorpal rank 8+ enchants
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Anyone know how much 13k power cranks out? Like the formula etc. Man i would love to see a vid of someone with
    Your setup pvping so i could have a real visual comparison between armod sets
    And playstyles.
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    brutallsbrutalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Decent for pve useless for pvp, offering no dmg to your party makes you pretty useless in high-end parties pve/pvp.

im at 49.9% reduction an 24.7% Deflect 12.8% crit 34k hp 13k power in fights so I am always #1 dps, boss fights im #2 some times still #1 if rogue doesn't have perfect vorpal rank 8+ enchants

I have my spot in pvp to :) i know what to do. Got nice win rate in pvp. And in PVE im a tank not a DPS class. Ofc i need rank 7 8 runes, enchants to make it better. Im not using real money.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Currently im using a full dps crit build. Does your build have the capability to solo take a cleric out of
    The middle of a group? Timeless big crits more often? Stalwart harder hits more consistently with less crit? Is there
    A difference in burst potential? Yes you can get a higher crit with stal but how often opposed to timeless?
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    whiteshadow02whiteshadow02 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tank/Protector spec is ok if you're lesser geared honestly, however when you're running instances with a premade you're just deadweight, sure you can tank mobs but thats all you can do. You're just a doorweight keeping mobs at bay while being tabbed out afk, where as a dps gf you're maintaining dps almost equal if not top of your group, sure you actually have to pay attention to aoes but thats pretty standard.
  • Options
    isfuturoisfuturo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do agreed that timeless is not a good set at all with +450 to deflection is even worse ... I got an alt with 11.5k GS and deflection is not even helping at all. +450 deflection is a waste of stats. And ofc timeless is having offensive stats but high general and even knight set is better offensive (+Arpen stats 2sets) than timeless with better regen stats.

I can see that Envy and saturm? (both using the same setup in Envy thread), if both are real strong then try out with OP to see the match. Yes, gears are important if not why are we discussing here? I thought we are here to see which gear setup is better?
    If we are talking about BIS, then why care about the pricing? If you want a cheaper setup then this might not be the topic for you.

I follow all Envy(dps), Roku(hybrid) and this build, i think all have their strong point. But i'm very disagreed on Envy degrading the OP, although i do feel that OP is a little bit too proud here but i think he proved us something else from the few great guides we have before.

This is contribution to the GF community, why troll on people when they are contributing ... i dont understand ...
  • Options
    kyykykyyky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brutalls wrote: »
    +1 dartakx

Im using this set and stacked a lot of Defense and recovery, i use for PVE:
    -Into the Fray
    -Enforced Threat
    -Knight's Valor

Protector and Tactician Paragon.

Got:
    Damage Resistance 54%
    Recharge Speed 24%
    Action Point Gain 41%
    Deflection Chance 26%
    Critical 11%
    30k HP

There is no problem with agro and survivability is high.

OR you can go stalwart, have around 45% dmg resistance ( not big deal, everything else is the same as mentioned), go conqueror and do 5x more dmg? :/

with stalwart you don't die, and agro buff is awesome ( you actually do more dmg because it's the same if you attack one opponent or 20). That is with good group, bad cleric means you die even with all the defense and protector/tactician build.

nothing changes except you are actually not useless. :|
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kyyky wrote: »
    OR you can go stalwart, have around 45% dmg resistance ( not big deal, everything else is the same as mentioned), go conqueror and do 5x more dmg? :/

with stalwart you don't die, and agro buff is awesome ( you actually do more dmg because it's the same if you attack one opponent or 20). That is with good group, bad cleric means you die even with all the defense and protector/tactician build.

nothing changes except you are actually not useless. :|

Pretty much this discussion brings up 1 point:

-Damage contribution from stalwart and/or Conqueror is pretty game changing.
    -Damage is not mandatory in PvE for a tank, but since you can tank with or without it, you better take it, why not ?
    -Besides the capstone feat in conqueror, nothing in the GF feats is better than an other, you take what you need and what you enjoy playing with, 5% deflect / 3% damage reduction / 10% cooldown reduction / ... it's all situationally good at best, it's pretty much min maxing tiny % that won't be noticeable in game most of the time. You have the tool to top the dps meter or tank fine with any combinations of those feats or none of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So between the two builds the real difference is the armor sets?
    I wanna see how hard a regular hit is with stalwart buffed up is
    Vs consistent timeless crits. I just dont wanna blow my bit of diamonds i have saved on stalwart
    And be dissapointed with its performance in pvp sine im about to be a fresh
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Vs consistent timeless crits. I just dont wanna blow my bit of diamonds i have saved on stalwart

I think stalwart is generally viewed with a set bonus too strong for a T1, i wouldn't be surprised it gets nerfed like plaguefire. On the other hand, critical contribution from timeless is not amazingly good, the T2 has just better stats, better for quick encounter and burst, while stalwart remains the way to go if you can manage to keep the stacks up on long term.

You can probly have more mileage with stalwart + tenebrous, but it's really expensive and it's susceptible to get nerfed, be warned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chikarchikar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys, would you guys recommend this build for someone still leveling their GF? I just used my respec since every build I looked at had points in things I had skipped. But either way, any recommendations for the new patch?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Currently im using a full dps crit build. Does your build have the capability to solo take a cleric out of
    The middle of a group? Timeless big crits more often? Stalwart harder hits more consistently with less crit? Is there
    A difference in burst potential? Yes you can get a higher crit with stal but how often opposed to timeless?

yes i can kill any cleric 1v1, their is only 2 clerics on server that might live Medic/Zeaina they are both built around countering me they are in my guild.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    edited June 2013

my highest hit w/ this build is 198k on frozen heart last boss.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    chikarchikar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    uncag3d, is this build only viable for someone who is already lvl 60 working on their PVP gear? Or could I use this to level with too if I was mainly into PVP?
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    still waiting for some nice vids uncag3d. to get those crits there has got to be green beam involved also whats your highest crit post GPF nerf cause it doesnt reduce armor as much now so I am guessing its lower?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    still waiting for some nice vids uncag3d. to get those crits there has got to be green beam involved also whats your highest crit post GPF nerf cause it doesnt reduce armor as much now so I am guessing its lower?

havn't tried to get another high crit lately so w/o damage passives i got 56k lunge strike on dracolich(has alot more armor then other bosses)

an i realllllyyy want to an put up a stream but i have to save for better pc which is what im working on atm, they will come though.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    chikar wrote: »
    uncag3d, is this build only viable for someone who is already lvl 60 working on their PVP gear? Or could I use this to level with too if I was mainly into PVP?

ya you could this gear isn't even 60 epics lol so might aswell build into it as you lvl
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    uncag3d wrote: »
    ya you could this gear isn't even 60 epics lol so might aswell build into it as you lvl
    It is now, they removed the 49 level requirement on it and its now lvl 60. You can still find rare 49 pieces but anything new that drops will be 60 making the old gear eventually die out.

Also the true "strength" of this set up comes from 1) Stal stacks and 2) greater tene enchants. If you cant afford regular tene enchants and atleast a lesser plague fire OR the stalwart set, this build really wont have any relevance to you.
  • Options
    megerkomegerko Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Who do you chose to be their partner, and how he picked up the equipment?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    megerko wrote: »
    Who do you chose to be their partner, and how he picked up the equipment?

Not sure what you're asking
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    dilaniodilanio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    uncag3d wrote: »
    Not sure what you're asking

I think he is asking if you and Steroidz are having an affair and does Steroidz need max determination to pick up your "equipment"
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dilanio wrote: »
    I think he is asking if you and Steroidz are having an affair and does Steroidz need max determination to pick up your "equipment"

oh lol lord steroidz? Gwf were buffed through the roof.. and i think he has better gear then me, also he beat me in a 1v1 yesterday.. 7mins 34 sec fight lol..
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    (thanx to google translate! )

Im asking about u pet/companion, did u wear him for penetration or crit ?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Havnt been on in about 2 days, I want to test Tene enchants out because apparently they got the nerf bat.

Can ANYONE log in with a tene enchant and take all out except 1 and go to dummies and record proc rate/time to see what the CD is now? I will do this when I get home if I have time tonight, otherwise wont be on till tomorrow and I am VERY curious about this.

And PLZ dont just post saying "seems to still work for me im leet deeps" cause i dont care, just want to know with 1 tene enchant equipped what is the CD on it procing?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    10sec internal CD
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    (thanx to google translate! )

Im asking about u pet/companion, did u wear him for penetration or crit ?

mother of god you need to work on your sentences bro.. i assume you ment

---> I'm asking about your companion, did you wear the ioun stone for pen or crit?

lol no pet is pve and you need tankiness to come 1st in pve.. so pure tank items icon high LS

the cat sucks gives less over all stats, your sentence still doesnt quite make sense, cause your asking about my pet an i use ioun stone but your asking about it cause the crit/pen so makes me assume you're talking to me like i use a cat??
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    10sec internal CD

Thanks, This is DOUBLE the CD it was b4 so this was a pretty big nerf to PVE damage. 10 sec CD isnt bad for PVP though itll still proc roughly the same, honestly itll just mean probably more BURST damage since they will end up proccing all at once more often.

I assume this was tested? Envy ran a test b4 showing its about 5 seconds.