Install Arc
Options

best GF build atm - By FearItsSelf jun4/2013

Comments

• Options
    chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    uncag3d wrote: »
    I could beat him B4 patch but AFTER he completly dominates me (takes about 10mins to kill each other, but he is clearly winning) and everyone else on server i can still beat everyone 1v1 except him ez but he is Ridicules now.

As for guides Lemonade Stand's core members have agreed to not release anymore guides or info about our builds from now and forward :( (they didn't like almost every gf on dragon rolling my setup I guess lol)

Didn't like everyone rolling envys guide you mean.
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    Didn't like everyone rolling envys guide you mean.

no timeless is **** gear
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    why is it *** gear?
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    compared to stalwarts its not as good.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    How so isnt gf all about the hardest hitting blows possible. its possible to easily get the same defensive stats as stalwart at least hitting the softcap. 12k power boost base damage about 400. the stacking crit comboed with armor penetration would be devestating would it not? base crit is like 13% right? i will agree that crits are nice when stacked with power but more consistent crits would be nicer.
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    How so isnt gf all about the hardest hitting blows possible. its possible to easily get the same defensive stats as stalwart at least hitting the softcap. 12k power boost base damage about 400. the stacking crit comboed with armor penetration would be devestating would it not? base crit is like 13% right? i will agree that crits are nice when stacked with power but more consistent crits would be nicer.

egh i've tried both stal is completly better for pve an pvp go test yourself if you doubt the set up. but i promise you wont be disapointed with my guides set up.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no timeless is **** gear

Lol 10/char
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    egh i've tried both stal is completly better for pve an pvp go test yourself if you doubt the set up. but i promise you wont be disapointed with my guides set up.

I have been using your setup and it has been working pretty great with a full stalwart set but i am curious to test out a timeless set it has just
    become a little bit of a chore in getting the pieces now since the fixes and priceless costing so much as well. in pve when running with competant groups i have a hard time building stalwart stacks. lol it makes me second guess also binding the two expensive pieces of timeless i have vs selling them.
    im trying to switch to using a knights set for pve purposes to help upgrade groups dps.
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    you can try timeless but i can garuntee that you will be disappointed vs having stal u might pug stomp somone faster but when you start playing vs good players you will get gobbled up ez..

Thought i would add some spunk to this so i added an image of a pvp match

2hiv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Lol thats just it. i pug it up almost exclusively. and when i come against a premade i get roflstomped anyway. i like your build and its been working great so far. minus the tenes as im broke lol but its very functional. i just would hate to make a mistake in trying timeless and ending up wasting the money i can have by selling it by using it. i pretty much pug everything i do nowadays sadly. wish i could score that many kills in a match. in pve lately i been having a hard time keeping the stacks up with double cws alot of the time our groups on our server swear by it apparently.
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm a timeless build and I really like the recovery more than the crit; But all of my friend using Stal come out on top over me, even the undergeared ones. It's just good. Sometimes the bonus from stacks seems like it's not doing anything, and yes you need to get hit a few times but....youre going to get hit, and your going to absorb or block it. THen you will WTF pwn while you have 2-3 stacks up. Timeless demolishes pugs but pugs get boring, the real fun is in fighting premades, and good premades these days are running 4 X tank.

So you want to build to fight other tanks.
  • Options
    nachofootnachofoot Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i have never lost a single 1v1 vs the top gf's on the most populated shard in neverwinter.. i think stalwart is ideal for pvp.. if you think diffrenet my challenge still stands 1m ad to first person to beat me 1v1 only 100k to challenge me for the money, otherwise you can challenge me for free but w/o the wager

yea, I chose beholder. I thought it was going to be the most popular server.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm a timeless build and I really like the recovery more than the crit; But all of my friend using Stal come out on top over me, even the undergeared ones. It's just good. Sometimes the bonus from stacks seems like it's not doing anything, and yes you need to get hit a few times but....youre going to get hit, and your going to absorb or block it. THen you will WTF pwn while you have 2-3 stacks up. Timeless demolishes pugs but pugs get boring, the real fun is in fighting premades, and good premades these days are running 4 X tank.

So you want to build to fight other tanks.

i feel like i get my stacks instantly every time since tene will proc me to full at start of a fight or if they dot me im going to be getting mad damg an i wou'nt lose it cause they dotted me w/ a 100 dmg tick'n spell lol
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i feel like i get my stacks instantly every time since tene will proc me to full at start of a fight or if they dot me im going to be getting mad damg an i wou'nt lose it cause they dotted me w/ a 100 dmg tick'n spell lol

GPF ticks :'D
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Very good built.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psyx0psyx0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bad build for PvE, good for PvP but could be optimized easily.
  • Options
    elynwelynw Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I been running this setup for a couple weeks now and it works amazing. I have no issues in PVE but I switch out all 3 encounters. My enchants are nowhere near as godly so I can only imagine how strong Fear is. Also I got a ****ty con roll, I went for a more balanced roll not knowing, but man do I regret it now.
  • Options
    ellesardellesard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can someone link this build here http://nwcalc.com/gf ?? Its rly hard to see on txt mode.
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9s,13j350m:6uz51:6uu00:60000&h=1

(If I understood his... peculiar way of writing down the feats, that is :D )
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    psyx0 wrote: »
    Bad build for PvE, good for PvP but could be optimized easily.

it is the best setup for pve atm actually.
    consistantly hit 20ks an tank whole rooms of mobs ez. i see no problems here.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    psyx0psyx0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Neither best for PvE nor for PvP. 2/2/2 build for PvE constantly hits more thus keeping more aggro. For PvP HP focus makes you lose attacking stats, results in less crits, lesser crits and lesser number of strikes.
  • Options
    ellesardellesard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9s,13j350m:6uz51:6uu00:60000&h=1

(If I understood his... peculiar way of writing down the feats, that is :D )

Ok but .... build is empty :)
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That actually was on purpose, as he didn't specify the powers but just outlined which ones to use. How you get to them should be quite easy to figure out.

I could imagine he went with something like this:
    http://nwcalc.com/gf?b=p9b:4yrjz:aygg,13j350n:6uz51:6uu00:60000&h=1
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Fear... Ive been following you guys and your gear setup etc. Why is Carnage using Vorpal + Tene. I thought it was bugged AND if its not, why dont you use it as well? Also he is only using 5 tene instead of 7... Doesnt make sense at all..

Anyways, why dont you run a greater vorpal instead of GPF. The basic math of Vorpal will make it out dps GPF almost everytime...

Any thoughts or are you focused on your CW now?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zjesminz wrote: »
    Very good built.
    Thx for reading it

ayroux wrote: »
    Fear... Ive been following you guys and your gear setup etc. Why is Carnage using Vorpal + Tene. I thought it was bugged AND if its not, why dont you use it as well? Also he is only using 5 tene instead of 7... Doesnt make sense at all..

Anyways, why dont you run a greater vorpal instead of GPF. The basic math of Vorpal will make it out dps GPF almost everytime...

Any thoughts or are you focused on your CW now?

he uses 5 now (replaced 2 w/ radient's) since he has to tank 6-10 ppl in GG atm (still doesn't die lol) an he is using vorpal cause he hasn't tested it out before, im on teamspeak w/ him atm.

i like gpf since it increases the whole teams dmg on the targets i hit, vorpal would be nice but only really for pretty crits, not really ideal since it is a team game overall gpf still adds more overall dmg.

Sidenote: Also switching soulforge to perfect thunder head 700k away from finishing it. (aoe stun)

psyx0 wrote: »
    Neither best for PvE nor for PvP. 2/2/2 build for PvE constantly hits more thus keeping more aggro. For PvP HP focus makes you lose attacking stats, results in less crits, lesser crits and lesser number of strikes.

Hp focus makes you tank more an hit harder, having over 30k for gf is a must to surivive a burst aswell even after stacking def to diminishing returns /deflect. This build isn't for highest dmg , my current highest crit is 198k in pve 71k in pvp more then enough for either situtation, from this point you look at how to survive forever while keeping mad dmg rolling out at same time. (aoe is at 20-27k in pve w/o cw shadow weaver set) with an equally geared team mobs melt so fast aggro isn't a huge factor going in 1st is the only factor, an i dont ever see mobs look away from me so I dont know how you have trouble keeping aggro.

HP Note: hp increases tenebrous an the power you get from stall set while adding tankiness.

Also here is picture of my feats "Ctrl+ mouse wheel forward" if you cant see it well.
    go3f.jpg
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You prefer Shield Defence over +1sec Surge duration?

Also -CA damage talent isn't imho that good, it's only around ~3.75% dmg (a bit higher depending on Cha/Feats) reduce when getting CA'd.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    fimconte wrote: »
    You prefer Shield Defence over +1sec Surge duration?

Also -CA damage talent isn't imho that good, it's only around ~3.75% dmg (a bit higher depending on Cha/Feats) reduce when getting CA'd.

Yes survivablity is huge in pvp, 4% less damage taken is pretty signifcant. w/o it i felt pretty squishy so that little extra beef felt like it made a big diffrence. if i didnt take this i would have taken ferious feat.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Uncag3d you ever consider swapping out tene enchants. I see Lantis took his out of his GWF (dont know if he is using them for another char?)...

But it seems like with a perfect Vorpal + nice crit enchants you could easily make up for the damage... Especially in GG when the PVP is a little more like PVE in that your almsot in constant battle. The Tene can seem a little lack luster...

Just curious where you stand on that..

Also why havnt u jumped on the holy avenger band wagon yet? One thing I noticed about that.. It says it only increases your parties damage resist but not your own?

Ever considered that enchant either?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Uncag3d you ever consider swapping out tene enchants. I see Lantis took his out of his GWF (dont know if he is using them for another char?)...

But it seems like with a perfect Vorpal + nice crit enchants you could easily make up for the damage... Especially in GG when the PVP is a little more like PVE in that your almsot in constant battle. The Tene can seem a little lack luster...

Just curious where you stand on that..

Also why havnt u jumped on the holy avenger band wagon yet? One thing I noticed about that.. It says it only increases your parties damage resist but not your own?

Ever considered that enchant either?

Holy avenger was my 1st choice when i was in the Clever Use Game Mechanics guild, then i went to lighting an basically came to the idea they are both really ****ty lol litterally deal no dmg an the buff is very weak compared to gpf(which is still my favorite) im currentyl making a perfect vorpal for my cw. i dont plan on putting it on my gf since he has such low crit chance ( but it would mean an instanta kill if it crit) the gpf is very constant an i dont need to relie on luck of my enchants more of how i manage my skills to keep it stacked.

Tene is still op even if they dodge my attack or their Soulforge procs/ITC i can still kill them w/ tene it will proc all of them reguardless if my inital attack actually deals any damage.. has resulted in many lucky wins when all odds are against me (>1k hp left an they proced a soulforge/ITC or juked away).
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Holy avenger was my 1st choice when i was in the Clever Use Game Mechanics guild, then i went to lighting an basically came to the idea they are both really ****ty lol litterally deal no dmg an the buff is very weak compared to gpf(which is still my favorite) im currentyl making a perfect vorpal for my cw. i dont plan on putting it on my gf since he has such low crit chance ( but it would mean an instanta kill if it crit) the gpf is very constant an i dont need to relie on luck of my enchants more of how i manage my skills to keep it stacked.

Tene is still op even if they dodge my attack or their Soulforge procs/ITC i can still kill them w/ tene it will proc all of them reguardless if my inital attack actually deals any damage.. has resulted in many lucky wins when all odds are against me (>1k hp left an they proced a soulforge/ITC or juked away).

Good feedback thanks. Ive tried a few greaters like lifedrinker etc and always come back to GPF for my GF. I just built a greater vorpal for my GWF and going to try that with a 7 GTE set up (basically same gear as kiwi and with a greater negation instead of perfect and vorpal instead of avenger)

I am always torn with GPF since its so good but cant go to perfect... If it went to perfect id do it hands down over anything but for pure damage, the Vorpal>GPF with GWF and its a tradeoff with GF it seems.

The tene thing is actually why Im dropping SF for negation too, it rarely makes much difference.

Also why dont u put 1 point in Grit? When you are healed you gain temp HP, which procs your 15% damage bonus... Seems like for 1 point that can be very good... I would trade that for 1 of your 5/5 in Ubiq Shield..

5% of Combat advantage or you get a 15% damage bonus when healed... Seems like an easy trade to me...