What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    andre666nzandre666nz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Quick question. Is it possible to view how long you have spent playing the game?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Sorry I have been quite preoccupied for the last few days (such as having little to no internet access)
    rrwalden wrote: »
    How long can unsold items sit in the mail before being deleted?

As far as I know forever. Put it this way I have mail from April 25. :)

Sorry, haven't checked the forums since I started playing, I'm sure this has been answered before, but... Does this also apply to items? (Like when my Control Wizard finds something that my Great Weapon Fighter could use)

You can mail unbound items to other characters.

andre666nz wrote: »
    Quick question. Is it possible to view how long you have spent playing the game?

Not at this time to the best of my knowledge.
  • Options
    ima2lazy4nameima2lazy4name Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would be appreciated if I got an answer from anybody.

I'm currently trying to get in a party with a friend, but we cannot see each other in-game, even though we are in the same shard, Beholder. Does anybody know how to fix it so we can see each other?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Would be appreciated if I got an answer from anybody.

I'm currently trying to get in a party with a friend, but we cannot see each other in-game, even though we are in the same shard, Beholder. Does anybody know how to fix it so we can see each other?

Each area has multiple instances. If you use the Social UI (defaulted to o) and invite them to a party through your friends list then you will always be put into the same instance from that point forward as well as be given the ability to right click their Heads Up Display Avatar and select "Move to their Instance."

Alternatively you can view and change which instance you are in by clicking the Blue Crystal Icon on the top right of the Mini-map.
  • Options
    mceverettmceverett Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm hoping im not doing this wrong or maybe i am misunderstanding. I went and bought the Guardian of Neverwinter pack. Payment went through, but I haven't got a email confirmation or anything in the in-game mail yet. Its been about 24hrs, figuring it might take awhile. Should I call someone about this or what ??
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Try following these steps.

No E-mails!
    -Make sure you are checking the e-mail addressed registered to your PWE Account. Your registered e-mail and a means to change it can be found on this website.
    -Then be sure to check your spam bin and other folders to ensure they have not been misplaced.

Where is my in game stuff?
    -Make sure a Founders Pack has been applied to your account on this page.
    -If your account is flagged as purchasing a Founders Pack:
    Steps wrote:
    1) Complete Rags to Riches.
    2) Check the courier near the Auction House. He might have them.
    3) If they are not there please check the Founder's Vendor located just through the tunnel west of Sgt. Knox. He will have the items. Make sure you look at BOTH tabs. The Mounts for instance are under promo.

If you still didn't receive any items don't hesitate to send a support ticket and they will be glad to help you out! :)
  • Options
    mceverettmceverett Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for the help. i did all you mentioned. except ..
    Where is my in game stuff?
    -Make sure a Founders Pack has been applied to your account on this page.
    -If your account is flagged as purchasing a Founders Pack:
    because i don't have a redeem key, which i believe i get in the email. and yes my email i use is the email i use for this game aswell.
    i haven't received anything. ill be sending a ticket.

thank you for the help
  • Options
    andre666nzandre666nz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not at this time to the best of my knowledge.
    Well thats annoying, maybe something that needs to be implemented?
  • Options
    deathchild24deathchild24 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ok im hoping someone on here can help me out all i want to know is when are the training tomes for the companions coming out cause i saw them on the exotics section when you go to buy a companion and i'm beginning to wonder since its been awhile and they still say coming soon
  • Options
    npeckoxnpeckox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello. I would like to ask can you transfer to a different shard? If not when the shard merge is going to happen?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well thats annoying, maybe something that needs to be implemented?

I don't know of any plans to release such a feature at this time. Maybe in the future? :)

ok im hoping someone on here can help me out all i want to know is when are the training tomes for the companions coming out cause i saw them on the exotics section when you go to buy a companion and i'm beginning to wonder since its been awhile and they still say coming soon

They will be released with Fury of the Feywild.

npeckox wrote: »
    Hello. I would like to ask can you transfer to a different shard? If not when the shard merge is going to happen?

The shards will be merged in the future but the details behind the merge have not been finalized yet.
  • Options
    deathchild24deathchild24 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thank you for the help :)
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there any chance these packs will soon be available on Steam so we can get them at a decent price in the UK and Europe?
  • Options
    mullllltipassmullllltipass Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yay finally feywild time
  • Options
    harityharity Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Type "/played" : shows how long you have played on char.
  • Options
    mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A few quick questions here, only because I'm too lazy to look for the answer, and this thread moderator is EXTREMELY HELPFUL.

1. So, the Feywild expansion, is it self contained with its own server launcher like NW is, or can you get to it from Protector's Enclave (or wherever you may be) by logging into the game normally?
    2. Is the expansion level-specific or do I have to be a certain level to go there? Same goes for the dungeon in that region.
    3. The crafting and new races, will they be available for everyone once this goes live?

Thanks in advance for the help.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    harity wrote: »
    Type "/played" : shows how long you have played on char.

Thanks! Didn't know that myself. :o

A few quick questions here, only because I'm too lazy to look for the answer, and this thread moderator is EXTREMELY HELPFUL.

1. So, the Feywild expansion, is it self contained with its own server launcher like NW is, or can you get to it from Protector's Enclave (or wherever you may be) by logging into the game normally?
    2. Is the expansion level-specific or do I have to be a certain level to go there? Same goes for the dungeon in that region.
    3. The crafting and new races, will they be available for everyone once this goes live?

Thanks in advance for the help.

1. The Fury of the Feywild will be a part of the game like any other adventure Zone. It will not require a separate launcher as if it was a different game.

2. That information has not been released yet. Check out the Official Fury of the Feywild website for details when they become available.

3. To date only the Moon Elf is stated to be exclusive. The crafting, as far as I know, should be available to everybody.
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Moon elf race is hardly exclusive.

A "unique variant of the Moon Elf race" will be, just like it was for the "Heroes of the Noth" founders that got access to the "Menzoberranzan Rogue" variant of the Drow race.

It'll just get different racial powers, like "Moon Elf Resilience" and "Wanderlust".
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    umaeko wrote: »
    The Moon elf race is hardly exclusive.

A "unique variant of the Moon Elf race" will be, just like it was for the "Heroes of the Noth" founders that got access to the "Menzoberranzan Rogue" variant of the Drow race.

It'll just get different racial powers, like "Moon Elf Resilience" and "Wanderlust".

I have yet to see anything that suggests it will be a variant of the Moon Elf that comes in the pack. Besides, Sun and Moon elves are already Forgotten Realms variants of Eldarin.
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's hardly all that farfetched.

The Moon and Sun elves are announced as new races over on the Fury of the Feywild site. Every imprecation made by the devs until today indicated that when the expansion launched, you'd have access to playing both races.

Today, they mention you'll get access to an "Unique Moon Elf Race", which is likely going to be exactly what it means: an unique take on the Moon Elf race that "Knight of the Feywild" buyers will have access to. I figure all the sudden doubt is much more because of unclear communication more than anything else due to *flourish* common sense.

Of course, one could argue it could go both ways... but if Cryptic's Devs are knowledgeable D&D fans and that what they do passes a litmus test with Wizards of the Coast, I'm inclined to think they would have more sense that to paygate the most common elven race in the Forgotten Realms setting. It also seems counter intuitive to announce both sun elves and moon elves together when one will only be accessed exclusively during the pre-order period; an unique variant of the moon elves, though, would compute a lot more.

I don't really care either way, since I've already bought the pack for several other reasons and that I'll have access to the Moon elves either way... but as I see it, it's the only way to implement it that makes sense.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sun Elves are free for everybody.

Moon Elves will be exclusive to the Knights of the Feywild.
  • Options
    xtropianxtropian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    umaeko wrote: »
    Of course, one could argue it could go both ways... but if Cryptic's Devs are knowledgeable D&D fans and that what they do passes a litmus test with Wizards of the Coast, I'm inclined to think they would have more sense that to paygate the most common elven race in the Forgotten Realms setting. It also seems counter intuitive to announce both sun elves and moon elves together when one will only be accessed exclusively during the pre-order period; an unique variant of the moon elves, though, would compute a lot more.

They've only mentioned Moon Elves for pack-buyers and Sun Elves for all. It doesn't make sense that the most aloof and elitist Elves are available to everyone and the most common are behind a pay-gate, but I think pay-gating the most common Elven race in the (pre-4e) FR setting is intentional. They're trying to entice long-time D&D players and FR fans to buy the packs, and they feel that more people will be tempted to pay to play what was the default Elven PC race in pre-4e FR out of nostalgia than to play what was traditionally a variant Elven race.
  • Options
    angielatte1angielatte1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is Knight of the Feywild pack available in game now, or is it just preorder? I bought mine, and it's not showing up in game.
  • Options
    rmoacreyzeusrmoacreyzeus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's a preorder, check this out: http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild
    I bought mine too ^_^
  • Options
    gothicgirl9gothicgirl9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    can anyone post a link regarding the preordering of the feywild pack im not worried about using pack yet just ordering it all I get are errors and Im pretty sure im not making any mistaking filling out this simple form ..again im looking for a link regarding any errors and issues trying to order the pack please .. thank you
  • Options
    savagefistsavagefist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fine elven silk bag only good for one character. Forget it. When some of these packs are the price of a new game for just a smattering of new content and on top of that, it isn't even account-wide then I have my doubts about spending any further money on this game beyond my initial founders pack. I'll just keep earning AD/Zen and buy one through in-game time. Fyi, micro-transactions for me are things below $5 and account-wide. I laugh anytime anyone mentions a new 'micro'-transaction for this game. Ugh, didn't know how good I had it with CoH prices.
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
    AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
    Intel 335 Series Jay Crest 240GB
    3 x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB
    XFX Core Edition FX-785A-CNL4 Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How much will companion upgrades cost?

I've been waiting since launch to have an upgrade hound for my guardian. Sniff. Poor doggie. (And I do not want a wolf or a skeletal dog)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    can anyone post a link regarding the preordering of the feywild pack im not worried about using pack yet just ordering it all I get are errors and Im pretty sure im not making any mistaking filling out this simple form ..again im looking for a link regarding any errors and issues trying to order the pack please .. thank you

You can pre-order it from here. Just note that you must be a North American Resident in order to purchase the pack at the current time. International sales will be available soon. :)
    When will the pack be available for French, German, Italian, Polish, and Turkish players?

Currently, the packs are only available for purchase to customers in North America. It was our original intention to have the packs available in all territories simultaneously, though in an effort to provide a better experience for our global customers, we are implementing a price change in these territories to absorb the cost of VAT, bringing the prices for all countries into alignment. Implementing these changes will require a couple additional days of development time. Our current goal is to make them available for purchase on Thursday, July 18. We'll let you know as soon as the packs are ready in all territories!

zahinder wrote: »
    How much will companion upgrades cost?

I've been waiting since launch to have an upgrade hound for my guardian. Sniff. Poor doggie. (And I do not want a wolf or a skeletal dog)

This information has not been released yet.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just noticed there has been a change to the PWE Games package as it no longer contains any items for Star Trek Online, so why have they gone?
  • Options
    arcaisarcais Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Are they going to release a new class with the exp pack? I would be willing to buy the feywilds and return to the game if they add a new class. Something I could sink my teeth into :P Druid, Ranger, or Bard would be nice. I would swoon over a Spellblade or Duelist ! Humm or maybe a Warlock that has the option of making a Fey pack as one of the paths?
This discussion has been closed.