test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not getting fooled about packs again

Comments

• Options
    onewayhighwayonewayhighway Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They are out of their ever lovin freakin minds LOL LMAO..ssssure I'll put down 60 bucks for a race..OH WAIT!! it looks NO different than high elves LOLOLOL.

In beta they told us TWO races were practically ready for release..is THIS what they meant?..OMG the greed and money lust WREAKS.

kinda hafta agree. cosmetic race isnt a real playable race. cant tell if its greed or incompetence.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yup the 60 euro ONLY gets you that one race. Not anything else that might have value as well. Only the race.

Yeah, because the other perks are totally worth the price and arent largely cosmetic **** you'll use for a week at most.

Its like pay mounts in warcraft. theyre shiny for a week and then everyone gets bored because everyone else has one too.

Not to mention half the pack is basically just a cheap excuse to give you excuse to go play another one of their wheezed out cash shops with a game painted over it in the hope you'll buy more forsaken world and blacklight **** too.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    Yeah, because the other perks are totally worth the price and arent largely cosmetic **** you'll use for a week at most.

Its like pay mounts in warcraft. theyre shiny for a week and then everyone gets bored because everyone else has one too.

Not to mention half the pack is basically just a cheap excuse to give you excuse to go play another one of their wheezed out cash shops with a game painted over it in the hope you'll buy more forsaken world and blacklight **** too.

Yup, those account-wide companions and mounts are *totally* cosmetic. And between them and the 600k AD, that's *definitely* not worth that amount of money. Oh well, don't find enough value in the pack? Hey, guess what! You don't have to buy it!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Yup, those account-wide companions and mounts are *totally* cosmetic. And between them and the 600k AD, that's *definitely* not worth that amount of money. Oh well, don't find enough value in the pack? Hey, guess what! You don't have to buy it!

The Unicorn mount isnt any different than any other mount other than a horse reskin. The companion at best will be yet another case of cash players having a massive advantage over free players due to free companions being absolute ****. and anyone who cant manipulate the market to get 600k AD in a day or three isnt trying very hard.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The Unicorn mount isnt any different than any other mount other than a horse reskin. The companion at best will be yet another case of cash players having a massive advantage over free players due to free companions being absolute ****. and anyone who cant manipulate the market to get 600k AD in a day or three isnt trying very hard.

Ah, you clearly already know exactly how all these things will function in exact detail. Hey, what are next week's winning lotto numbers going to be?!
  • Options
    finnthehuman10finnthehuman10 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I just bought the Knights of the Feywild pack.
    I don't know why, but I was under the impression that i'd get it early.
    No. You get it when the expansion actually comes out.

I hate this. If you buy something, you should get it, period.

The very least they could do is give me my 600 diamonds. They're already part of the game...why can't they just give me that right now?
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ^ because it is clearly stated that Items are recieved with release of Module 1
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

The very least they could do is give me my 600 diamonds. They're already part of the game...why can't they just give me that right now?

homer-simpson-doh.gif

If you read the faq listed you could have avoided this. In the Faq The moderator states that all you are doing is Pre-Ordering the package and that none of it's contents will be made available until Module 1 goes live.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This pack seems like significantly better value than the founder pack, but it does make me feel a little ripped off.

I'll wait and see if Fey is any good(and bug free) before deciding if it's worth me throwing money at the screen(which I kinda doubt). If Fey(and the accompanying patch) has the same kind of game breaking bugs as the stock game, I'll be more disappointed (I think I have a little more disappointment left in me).

My expectation is that the Loamweave will be broken on release, the Moon Elf racial bonuses will be bugged, the Companion will be really useless and the Unicorn will have a dreadful sound file. XD
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Yeah clearly stated on the Feywild site that it is a preorder of the pack.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    you must be constantly disappointed that the world doesn't live up to your expectations (and that other people make choices for themselves)

considering my hometown is filled with country yokels who think Larry The cable guy is hilarious,. yes, my opinion of humanity is rather dim.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    considering my hometown is filled with country yokels who think Larry The cable guy is hilarious,. yes, my opinion of humanity is rather dim.

oh boy, i can sympathize with that. have you tried moving to a city?
  • Options
    cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    If you read the faq listed you could have avoided this. In the Faq The moderator states that all you are doing is Pre-Ordering the package and that none of it's contents will be made available until Module 1 goes live.

On that note, why are they even taking preorders? Is there some limited supply of data that's gonna dry up if you don't reserve your copy today?

Just another way to prey on people with more money than brains. I don't know whether to be impressed by their initiative or revolted.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Where is that exactly? I've been looking over the pages and I'm not seeing it.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/feywildpack/feywildknight

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=933751

"Fury of the Feywild live date and Feywild Packs announcement

We're proud to announce that Fury of the Feywild, Neverwinter's first content expansion, will be live on August 22, 2013 – just a month away! We're extremely excited to bring you into the new adventure zone of Sharandar and introduce new game features like the Campaign System, new Professions, new loot, and much more! Click here to learn more about Fury of the Feywild's development direct from Cryptic Studios developers.

To get players ready for the dangerous journey ahead, we're introducing two new packs filled with unique items including companions, fashion, and more!

Knight of the Feywild Pack – Here are just some of the items and unique items. Click here to learn more and purchase."

No mention of preorder or it's unavailable until the expansion is released.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys, remember you are free to express your opinions...

But do so while following the Rules of Conduct. Don't insult others. Don't use profanity. :)

Thanks!
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »
    On that note, why are they even taking preorders? Is there some limited supply of data that's gonna dry up if you don't reserve your copy today?

Just another way to prey on people with more money than brains. I don't know whether to be impressed by their initiative or revolted.

Its the same as taking pre-orders for digital editions of games. Because they can.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    oh boy, i can sympathize with that. have you tried moving to a city?

I plan to once I finish my degree. country towns aint good for graphic design work anyhow >.>
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kinda hafta agree. cosmetic race isnt a real playable race. cant tell if its greed or incompetence.
    Where do they state that the races are cosmetic only? I thought that they also had different racial abilities as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

http://nw.perfectworld.com/feywildpack/feywildknight

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=933751

"Fury of the Feywild live date and Feywild Packs announcement

We're proud to announce that Fury of the Feywild, Neverwinter's first content expansion, will be live on August 22, 2013 – just a month away! We're extremely excited to bring you into the new adventure zone of Sharandar and introduce new game features like the Campaign System, new Professions, new loot, and much more! Click here to learn more about Fury of the Feywild's development direct from Cryptic Studios developers.

To get players ready for the dangerous journey ahead, we're introducing two new packs filled with unique items including companions, fashion, and more!

Knight of the Feywild Pack – Here are just some of the items and unique items. Click here to learn more and purchase."

No mention of preorder or it's unavailable until the expansion is released.

Like I said on the Feywild site, not the news post or the page about the pack but the page about the entire Module. Right hand side

http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild
  • Options
    voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I strongly considered picking this pack up, but the game isnt advancing in the direction i want it to go.

Until more paragon paths are released and at least one more additional class, this game is going to collect dust. Ive already leveled the only two classes i have interest in.
    As a long time fan of this franchise i cant begin to express how bummed i am on the lack of classes and paragon paths. Just not worth further investing.
  • Options
    cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Its the same as taking pre-orders for digital editions of games. Because they can.

But just because you can doesn't mean you should or that it even makes sense (other than the aforementioned preying on people).
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Check the FAQ: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297671&viewfull=1#post297671
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Like I said on the Feywild site, not the news post or the page about the pack but the page about the entire Module. Right hand side

http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild

Ah I didn't see that page. It's like they've got multiple pages for the same thing, but with only one page saying it's a preorder. It would help clear up the confusion if they would place the preorder tag on all pages.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Yeah I think it's not a great idea to post about it on the FAQ of the forums and not on the other pages. Alot of customers will come to the homepage and click the link for the news post. Then purchase from there.
  • Options
    possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Keep this in mind people....

"While the Feywild expansion will be free, two purchasable packs will give players access to bonuses, mounts, a new race and a companion"

...Paying attention?
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    possum440 wrote: »
    Keep this in mind people....

"While the Feywild expansion will be free, two purchasable packs will give players access to bonuses, mounts, a new race and a companion"

...Paying attention?

Paying very close attention. Mainly to the fact that many times in the past it was stated in interviews that the game's content will never be charged for. Except, by your post( and that of the announcement itself) we are now being asked to buy packs that contain a new race. I realize this is not necessary to experience the Feywild expansion.....but it is(in my own opinion) opening the door for them to charge for it in the future. It sets a dangerous precedent.

Edit: This is all I'll say on the matter, for I have no wish to engage the moderators yet again. I'm sure they're tired of me voicing what I see as truth.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm only hesitant because I purchased the Guardian Pack during Open Beta. I am not to fond of spending another 60 so soon. It's something I am strongly debating on.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Paying very close attention. Mainly to the fact that many times in the past it was stated in interviews that the game's content will never be charged for. Except, by your post( and that of the announcement itself) we are now being asked to buy packs that contain a new race. I realize this is not necessary to experience the Feywild expansion.....but it is(in my own opinion) opening the door for them to charge for it in the future. It sets a dangerous precedent.

It could set a bad precedent but I hope they can just keep it to inconsequential races if at all possible.
  • Options
    crimzinlolcrimzinlol Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Edit: This is all I'll say on the matter, for I have no wish to engage the moderators yet again. I'm sure they're tired of me voicing what I see as truth.

True enough, most of the people fail to see this. Lets not forget that it says a lot about a company depending on how they (poorly)practice business. That's what most of the derogatory slander is derived from. People just don't know what they're mad about but it's a valid feeling 50% of the time. Promising one thing then delivering another is simply unfair. The way they've implemented them is out of order, like as if they just discovered bundles and are trying to beta test them too.

It should also be appealing to the buyers, not enrage them because of the price. Now, I'm not saying you have to be rich or they have to make poor people content. It just seems by setting the price high, they classify everyone just by doing so. People willing to pay money and people who want to F2P. Yea, sure, you don't have to buy it. But that is invalid, it isn't even an argument. It's an opinion about another topic. If I want to play the game with that "race" there is only one way to do that. Everyone here is explaining how the price to do that is unfair(or the price of other items in the pack.) But "people" keep confusing that with complaining about buying something mandatory when it is OBVIOUSLY not....
  • Options
    demise03demise03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Are the sun / moon elves completely identical in terms of racial bonuses? If so, I don't see an issue with them charging for the moon elf race as you can make the exact same character minus some minor cosmetic differences. Same thing with the drow. They'll come out for everyone eventually and as long as they get the same racial bonuses then it shouldn't matter. It basically comes down to pay to be different. They aren't forcing anyone to buy anything, it's all there in case you want to be different. If you are a function over aesthetics person then don't buy the pack. If you like what you see being offered, then by all means buy the pack.. It's not complicated.
This discussion has been closed.