test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not getting fooled about packs again

Comments

• Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's sad that they'd put this out, instead of pushing to fix as many bugs and exploits as possible. The game is stupidly linear. There is no variation. It launched incomplete, and their idea of completing the game is adding more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to sell, instead of a lot more content than this feywild <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    blondesolidblondesolid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    And you are getting the content of a AAA game here for FREE. You dont need to pay anything to be able to play this game and complete every bit of content in it.

Yeah I enjoyed that time Knox sent me to a zone to kill 10 x
    Oh I enjoyed it again when Knox sent me to another zone to kill 10 x
    Then then then!!! Wait! It blew me away when finally Knox sent me to a zone to kill 10 x
    I couldn't believe myself next, when... omfg.... Knox sent me to a zone to kill 10 x
    Then in the stunning finale I went and had a chat with Knox, and Knox sent me to a zone to kill 10 x

I have a sweet story about pvp too, but I'll save that for another time.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yeah I enjoyed that time Knox sent me to a zone to kill 10 x
    Oh I enjoyed it again when Knox sent me to another zone to kill 10 x
    Then then then!!! Wait! It blew me away when finally Knox sent me to a zone to kill 10 x
    I couldn't believe myself next, when... omfg.... Knox sent me to a zone to kill 10 x
    Then in the stunning finale I went and had a chat with Knox, and Knox sent me to a zone to kill 10 x

I have a sweet story about pvp too, but I'll save that for another time.

Yeah its much different then in WoW when its a different person telling you to go into Zone X to kill 10 X.
  • Options
    mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    Anecdotal opinion means nothing. And I never said it was a AAA game.

Anecdotal opinion means nothing.
    I can answer all your posts with this to.

I understand you're defending the game you like.
    But 60 Euro for a new race is ok?
    It has AAA content?
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mavalon wrote: »

It has AAA content?

Again the 60 Euro gets you more then just a race, dont like it? Dont pay it and play the OTHER new race that is completely FREE.
    And yes this game is a high quality game despite all of the bugs and your opinions on the game.
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

It has AAA content?

I think it was being implied that you get multiple things other than just a new race for that $60.

character slot, mount, companion, etc, etc.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    IMHO it's worth it if you think this game has a future. Otherwise it's not worth it. For the value of the items in the pack itself it's worth more than the $60 that it is selling for but not $150 like it claims.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    IMHO it's worth it if you think this game has a future. Otherwise it's not worth it. For the value of the items in the pack itself it's worth more than the $60 that it is selling for but not $150 like it claims.

QFT. For me personally the pack isn't worth it. For others, hey if they've been dying to get a unicorn mount and a new elf race, then it's probably totally worth it.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The point i am trying to make is 60 euro gets you a new AAA game.
    Or if you look on steam summer sales you can buy 5-6 full games for that price.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Apples v Oranges.
    MMO's are not the same as other games. Typical non-MMO games give you about 40-60 hours of gameplay (depending on how thorough you choose to be). MMO's are designed for long term gameplay over multiple years. Please proceed with the FAIL argument though. And hey, if you don't want to spend $60 on the pack, you don't have to! What a novel concept!
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013

That's true. It's up to you decide if you think this game is worth your money or not.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

And? Dont like the price then dont pay it. Simple as that.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Apples v Oranges.
    MMO's are not the same as other games. Typical non-MMO games give you about 40-60 hours of gameplay (depending on how thorough you choose to be). MMO's are designed for long term gameplay over multiple years. Please proceed with the FAIL argument though. And hey, if you don't want to spend $60 on the pack, you don't have to! What a novel concept!

This mmo takes 20 hours to level, 10 more to get the best gear or 5 minutes if you pay for it.
    Something as simple as a new race should not be in a 60 euro pack.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This mmo takes 20 hours to level, 10 more to get the best gear or 5 minutes if you pay for it.

Why? Its an incentive for more people to buy that pack for a company that developed this game, and the upcoming module for free.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013

If you don't like it, don't buy. Instead, buy your AAA game.

Problem solved.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Oh, I see, I was mistaken. Clearly the focus of the game (over years of play) should be grinding to actually level. They obviously didn't design it to be quick-to-cap with the intention of building lots of end game material.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    My favorite is Dragon Age 1 & 2 and Fallout 3 .. i still play with those.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    My favorite is Dragon Age 1 & 2 and Fallout 3 .. i still play with those.

I like me some DA:Origins and Fallout 3&NV but I did not like DA 2 at all.
  • Options
    crimzinlolcrimzinlol Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Grrrreat moderation, you should be on a cereal box or get a brownie badge. Too bad the developers aren't as pro-active as you.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    crimzinlol wrote: »
    Grrrreat moderation, you should be on a cereal box or get a brownie badge. Too bad the developers aren't as pro-active as you.

Who or what are you talking about.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Who or what are you talking about.

Glad you ask, almost ironic. I had a eloquent but rude post pointing out the flaws in YOUR posts and the other poster on the "DON'T WANT TO PAY 60$? THEN DON'T DERR" bandwagon. Mod didn't like it I guess.
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So much anger for something that is purely optional and has no bearing on experiencing content at all.

Somewhere on an ice cream forum there are people freaking out that Brachs is pushing toffee toppings.......

Obviously you cannot experience ice cream without buying the toffee topping. They dont even offer the luxury of eating enough ice cream will earn you toffee topping.

Ahhh quick take this the anger to the blue bell forums. Together our voice can be heard and we can make examples of these bottom dwelling sugary confection con artists!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Glad you ask, almost ironic. I had a eloquent but rude post pointing out the flaws in YOUR posts and the other poster on the "DON'T WANT TO PAY 60$? THEN DON'T DERR" bandwagon. Mod didn't like it I guess.

Yes I read that post and nothing about it was eloquent, nor did it actually point out any flaws in my argument of if you dont like the price of $60 then dont pay it, speak with your wallet and your voice will carry further. I advocate playing completely free like I do and I dont feel gimped in the least, and to top it off Im still having fun playing the game. Probably because I dont suffer the dreaded Buyers Remorse.
  • Options
    thehorizon66thehorizon66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Paid 200$ for the Hero of the north and now they are like if you want another race and some other bull**** pay us another 60$.
    Getting reall tired of your **** perfect world. They should NOT advertise this game as a free 2 play mmo.
  • Options
    cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Paid 200$ for the Hero of the north and now they are like if you want another race and some other bull**** pay us another 60$.
    Getting reall tired of your **** perfect world. They should NOT advertise this game as a free 2 play mmo.

This. Except I wasn't foolish enough to give these guys 200 bucks.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

I know they should advertise this as a Free to Play MMO But You Can Pay For Convenience and Cosmetic Items If You Want.

A F2PMMOBYCPFCCIIYW.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    fathomful wrote: »
    So much anger for something that is purely optional and has no bearing on experiencing content at all.

Somewhere on an ice cream forum there are people freaking out that Brachs is pushing toffee toppings.......

Obviously you cannot experience ice cream without buying the toffee topping. They dont even offer the luxury of eating enough ice cream will earn you toffee topping.

Ahhh quick take this the anger to the blue bell forums. Together our voice can be heard and we can make examples of these bottom dwelling sugary confection con artists!

How would playing with a brand new class not have any bearing on the experience of the content? You know, an entirely different set of tools? An entirely new way of playing the game? It's not like we're talking about ice cr-- ...... Oh right, you were. What a terrible analogy..
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    They are out of their ever lovin freakin minds LOL LMAO..ssssure I'll put down 60 bucks for a race..OH WAIT!! it looks NO different than high elves LOLOLOL.

In beta they told us TWO races were practically ready for release..is THIS what they meant?..OMG the greed and money lust WREAKS.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

I know. Way to prove a point, forum mods! :)

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    How would playing with a brand new class not have any bearing on the experience of the content? You know, an entirely different set of tools? An entirely new way of playing the game? It's not like we're talking about ice cr-- ...... Oh right, you were. What a terrible analogy..

Learn to laugh a bit, childlike games are not meant to be taken so seriously.

At the end of the day its optional. To go to CN you dont have to purchase a pack, to experience foundry you dont need to buy a pack, to participate in pvp matches you dont have to buy a pack.

If you want to look differently while doing CN then buy a pack, if you want to have a new companion with you in foundry then buy a pack, if you want to ride a unicorn in PVP then buy a pack.

It is not like they introduced a new class that you have to pay for, new paragon path, new dungeon, nada. It is just optional fluff you can buy if you want or not if you dont.

Complaining about having too many cosmetic options for a fantasy based online game.... does that count as a first world problem?
This discussion has been closed.