test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not getting fooled about packs again

jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Thought HotN pack would be worth it, but was so wrong.

If they had mentioned anything about:

- New classes
- New gear tier
- Raids
- PvP improvements

Maybe I'd buy a pack as I would feel that this game's future is moving in the right direction. But to buy a Feywild pack knowing that Savage Enchants still don't work? Not this time.
Post edited by jellicho on

Comments

• Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    jellicho wrote: »

- New classes
    - New gear tier
    - Raids
    - PvP improvements

Maybe I'd buy a pack as I would feel that this game's future is moving in the right direction. But to buy a Feywild pack knowing that Savage Enchants still don't work? Not this time.

Ok sounds good.
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    I wouldn't want to spend money on a pack without knowing what I was getting

Moonface elf with unknown racials and abilities
    Offensive companion with unknown abilities
    LOAMWEAVE - rooting in pvp could be very useful, but no clue on % chance, duration, etc

Is there anymore details then just the one liners?
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Nope, and I doubt there will be until some poor sap buys it.

Personally I think they don't tell us so that you're not instantly turned off when you realise they completely suck.
  • Options
    yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think it will be released - just not now. Probably not attributes but main category - Striker, Healer... and powers.

It's good that there is some new content coming.
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    yokanaan wrote: »
    I think it will be released - just not now. Probably not attributes but main category - Striker, Healer... and powers.

It's good that there is some new content coming.

They said it's an offensive companion, so I'm assuming that makes it a Striker.

I doubt they'll ever release any more information on it though, I don't think any of the other companions from the other packs ever had their stats released.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The "Stone of Earth" looks as if it might be decent if you have several characters as a cheap version of the 'Ioun Stone' though.
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    FotF should be coming to Preview in a couple weeks.
    We'll have to see if any of the packs will be available to test.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Who would buy this pack anyway?
    The Elves look like they've been listening to a bit too much Ziggy Stardust, horrible just horrible..

(not saying Ziggy is horrible, but elves in spacesuits don't wash for me;)
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    jellicho wrote: »

- New classes
    - New gear tier
    - Raids
    - PvP improvements

seems fair
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't know if fooled is the right word, but this pack sure makes the previous ones seem like they're overpriced. Frankly for the guardian pack the only really usefull stuff is the 600K ADs, the additional slot and the mount.

In this new $60 pack you get the same 3 important things + an augment pet + a unique race.

So anyway, can I get a pack switch? Used the respec so you can keep that, lol.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    wasn't there mention of a kitchen sink upgrade where they listened to the players and fixed many of the issues we've been having prior to actually moving forward with content or did I dream that?

I too am waiting for them to release new ranged classes. I like the cleric don't misunderstand but I need another archtype specifically something more fun to keep my interest and my altaholic addiction from screaming at me.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    wasn't there mention of a kitchen sink upgrade where they listened to the players and fixed many of the issues we've been having prior to actually moving forward with content or did I dream that?

I too am waiting for them to release new ranged classes. I like the cleric don't misunderstand but I need another archtype specifically something more fun to keep my interest and my altaholic addiction from screaming at me.

Was it a good dream? If so, then close your eyes and keep dreaming.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    railcarrailcar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    The "Stone of Earth" looks as if it might be decent if you have several characters as a cheap version of the 'Ioun Stone' though.

Really want to see the stats and rarity level of the stone.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    railcar wrote: »
    Really want to see the stats and rarity level of the stone.

Same here.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    Let's breakdown the cost:

Unique Moon Elf Race - New Race $10 (?)
    Unique Dawn Unicorn Mount - Presumably it's an epic mount $30
    Unique Sylph Companion - $20-25 (?) <- epic (purple companion).
    Unique Moonsilver Regalia Fashion Set - $10
    600,000 Astral Diamonds - $17
    LOAMWAVE - Possibly just fluff
    Stone of Earth - Good for tanks I guess and maybe GWF $15 or $20 (?)
    1 Extra character slot - $5 bucks

Heck let's say the costume cost $10 so you already get the value you paid for $60 even without the mysterious companion, loamwave, stone of earth and new race. All in all I think it's a good deal if you want to "buy" into the game.
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Who would buy this pack anyway?
    The Elves look like they've been listening to a bit too much Ziggy Stardust, horrible just horrible..

(not saying Ziggy is horrible, but elves in spacesuits don't wash for me;)
    I remember a time when AD&D elves did not have two foot long ears.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1 extra character slot is $2.50 I think. $5 gets you two.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I need more details on the Sylph and Stone Companions before I can decide if this is worth it...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    undyinundyin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Let's breakdown the cost:

Unique Moon Elf Race - New Race $10 (?)
    Unique Dawn Unicorn Mount - Presumably it's an epic mount $30
    Unique Sylph Companion - $15-20 (?)
    Unique Moonsilver Regalia Fashion Set - $10
    600,000 Astral Diamonds - $17
    LOAMWAVE - Possibly just fluff
    Stone of Earth - Good for tanks I guess and maybe GWF $15 or $20 (?)
    1 Extra character slot - $5 bucks

Heck let's say the costume cost $10 so you already get the value you paid for $60 even without the mysterious companion, loamwave, stone of earth and new race. All in all I think it's a good deal if you want to "buy" into the game.

Mount is going to be Blue for sureso not an epic mount so you have to buy the mount training to upgrade it. :/
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    The other thing that bothers me is the unicorn mount used to be available in Open Beta for the daily coins one collects for logging in and now suddenly they are part of a pack that's $60.

Uhm there's a ton of things missing from this game shouldn't you be building more classes, fixing the bugs with the current patches, and more armor/item skins long before you put things like this into the game? I mean it's unfinished you've admitted to it not being done and you say you are working on these things shouldn't we be seeing these things long before you put new packs into the store?

It's sorta like expecting a reward for not finishing your job all the way?
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    undyin wrote: »
    Mount is going to be Blue for sureso not an epic mount so you have to buy the mount training to upgrade it. :/

Is there a confirmation that it's blue ? According to the FAQ the Sylph companion will be an epic companion which levels up to lvl 30.
  • Options
    undyinundyin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there a confirmation that it's blue ?
    Not yet. I have that gut feeling though. Since they are releasing 600k AD with this pack as well as more "useful" items then the 200$ HotN pack. I think somethings is going to be lacked. I have a feeling its going to be the mount
  • Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not yet. I have that gut feeling though. Since they are releasing 600k AD with this pack as well as more "useful" items then the 200$ HotN pack. I think somethings is going to be lacked. I have a feeling its going to be the mount

Gotta admit, there's a part of me that would admire Cryptic's sense of humor if they released a unicorn mount -- and it turned out to be slow.
  • Options
    nofremnofrem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is a scam---I bought the founders, with the hope that the game has some future value....I was wrong!!! You cap out and then there is nothing to do...so you get a new race--you get to run the same missions, over again, and for what? Nothing of much worth. It is a suckers grab and pretty soon this game will go down the tubes like many MMO's. There is NOTHING to keep people playing, other than the so called "free" word. Free until you find out you have to actually spend money to advance in the game.
  • Options
    railcarrailcar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same here.

The video has it listed as a neck slot item rather than a companion.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It's not worth $150 that's for sure. I calculate it at most it's worth around $100.00
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    railcar wrote: »
    The video has it listed as a neck slot item rather than a companion.

So the stone of earth is a necklace ? That makes it pretty much useless.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Nope, FAQ says it is a Rank 3 (Purple) mount with 110% speed and no need for training.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So the stone of earth is a necklace ? That makes it pretty much useless.

Makes sense though; if the new stone were an Ioun Stone analogue, then the pack would include effectively two companions, for the whole account. Based on Cryptic's pricing model, that'd be a huge value upgrade over anything seen in the other packs.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not really interested in riding Andahar, there will be hundreds of thousands who will though so much so that it will drown out all the screams of rip off.

from a money making standpoint the pack is a very smart move, but with Drizzt and Andahar clones under every rock, it firmly puts the game into something you just can't take seriously, Doesn't make it doom or fail, just a lot more lighthearted.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
This discussion has been closed.