test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not getting fooled about packs again

Comments

• Options
    undyinundyin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Nope, FAQ says it is a Rank 3 (Purple) mount with 110% speed and no need for training.

Yeah I just read that. Sorry been doing a lot of research into this. I still do not think its worth it.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    utania wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to spend money on a pack without knowing what I was getting

Moonface elf with unknown racials and abilities
    Offensive companion with unknown abilities
    LOAMWEAVE - rooting in pvp could be very useful, but no clue on % chance, duration, etc

Is there anymore details then just the one liners?

"Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothin', but you're tellin me everything."
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Corporate greed at it's finest. Yes I know I don't need to buy it and I will Not, bought the founders pack if I buy this I will have paid the price of 3 games just for a cpl mounts and companions and 1 race, LOL no thank you. Rip off. So I will be joining the second class gamer's who can not afford to keep up.
  • Options
    dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    glantorx wrote: »
    Corporate greed at it's finest. Yes I know I don't need to buy it and I will Not, bought the founders pack if I buy this I will have paid the price of 3 games just for a cpl mounts and companions and 1 race, LOL no thank you. Rip off. So I will be joining the second class gamer's who can not afford to keep up.

What's to keep up with? I didn't know mounts were some kind of progression lol
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

2nd class gamer? Im sorry but I dont feel like I am less important just because I dont have the new shiny pixels. But thanks for informing me of how you feel about people who dont pay to play. Now I know what foundry quests to avoid.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Corporate greed! Really not seeing the "greed" here. It's called a business. How are you a "second class gamer" if you don't have a unicorn or moon elf?
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So the stone of earth is a necklace ? That makes it pretty much useless.
    Well, it could be amusing as change appearance fodder if you like hovering pet rocks. A mage with the orb that looks like a rock shard, a decent neck item changed to look like this, and an ioun stone would be have an impressive orbital junk collection...
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited July 2013

See that is the type of over the top nonsense no rational person can agree with.

2nd class gamer really? I didn't know gaming was your sustenance. :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Let's breakdown the cost:

Unique Moon Elf Race - New Race $10 (?)
    Unique Dawn Unicorn Mount - Presumably it's an epic mount $30
    Unique Sylph Companion - $20-25 (?) <- epic (purple companion).
    Unique Moonsilver Regalia Fashion Set - $10
    600,000 Astral Diamonds - $17
    LOAMWAVE - Possibly just fluff
    Stone of Earth - Good for tanks I guess and maybe GWF $15 or $20 (?)
    1 Extra character slot - $5 bucks

Heck let's say the costume cost $10 so you already get the value you paid for $60 even without the mysterious companion, loamwave, stone of earth and new race. All in all I think it's a good deal if you want to "buy" into the game.

Unless more information has been released that I don't know about, the quality of the mount and companion hasn't been detailed. I hope they are of purple quality, and that would make sense, but I would like to see that confirmed.

Edit: There seems to be a FAQ I missed, so I'll look for that.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All I have to say on the subject is about the unicorn mount. LOL! Really, Cryptic? First a spider now a unicorn? What happened to cool but "normal" mounts? Not wasting my money either, just like I decided not to waste my money on the Founder-turn-Neverwinter packs.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I have a couple of questions for people that have a little more knowledge in regards to packs and what not.

1) If i buy the 59.99 pack do i get the contents of the 19.99 pack as well. (specifically the ring and bag?) It doesnt show it as being included but having no previous experience was not sure if it was a give in that big pack included small pack.

2) If i dont like the idea of riding a unicorn can i sell this mount or trade it for another 110 mount? (is it account bound or something?)

3) Same as 2, with companion(s) included?

Appreciate any responses and apologize if information was easy to find. I did read the info page about the pack and anything else i could find and it did not seem to explain.
  • Options
    trav35trav35 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fathomful wrote: »
    I have a couple of questions for people that have a little more knowledge in regards to packs and what not.

1) If i buy the 59.99 pack do i get the contents of the 19.99 pack as well. (specifically the ring and bag?) It doesnt show it as being included but having no previous experience was not sure if it was a give in that big pack included small pack.

2) If i dont like the idea of riding a unicorn can i sell this mount or trade it for another 110 mount? (is it account bound or something?)

3) Same as 2, with companion(s) included?

Appreciate any responses and apologize if information was easy to find. I did read the info page about the pack and anything else i could find and it did not seem to explain.

You get the contents of one pack or the other. Not both. Also, pretty much everything in the Founder's pack is bound and non-sellable.
  • Options
    thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's not worth $150 that's for sure. I calculate it at most it's worth around $100.00

I think it includes a gift pack of items of mounts, pets, fashion sets and more, in many of the other PWE games. Actually it is well over $150 worth IF you play all the other PWE games too.
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    trav35 wrote: »
    You get the contents of one pack or the other. Not both. Also, pretty much everything in the Founder's pack is bound and non-sellable.

Bummer.

I really want to find a way to support the game financially, but everything seems to be a pack which only has like one thing i want, or the cost seems very inconsistent with what i would expect from an impulse buy, or a hey cut out some grind buy.

The only thing i have been able to justify getting so far was my ioun stone and a respec (silly i didnt get a free one, thought i read that people do...).
  • Options
    anjastasiaanjastasia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nofrem wrote: »
    It is a scam---I bought the founders, with the hope that the game has some future value....I was wrong!!! You cap out and then there is nothing to do...so you get a new race--you get to run the same missions, over again, and for what? Nothing of much worth. It is a suckers grab and pretty soon this game will go down the tubes like many MMO's. There is NOTHING to keep people playing, other than the so called "free" word. Free until you find out you have to actually spend money to advance in the game.

+1

/10chars
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    anjastasia wrote: »
    +1

/10chars

/b-hurt
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Billy Madison was such a funny movie, and that was one of my favorite quotes from that movie. :rolleyes:
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not really interested in riding Andahar, there will be hundreds of thousands who will though so much so that it will drown out all the screams of rip off.

from a money making standpoint the pack is a very smart move, but with Drizzt and Andahar clones under every rock, it firmly puts the game into something you just can't take seriously, Doesn't make it doom or fail, just a lot more lighthearted.
    The days of serious MMOs seems to have ended. I approach this game as a silly romp in a fantasy styled Renaissance Faire with lots of children in the crowd.
  • Options
    mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    The days of serious MMOs seems to have ended. I approach this game as a silly romp in a fantasy styled Renaissance Faire with lots of children in the crowd.

I wouldnt even call this a mmo.
    Its a cash shop with a half game attached to it.
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can't argue with that, mavalon. You could also call it a spamming chat room with a cash shop attached to it and not be wrong.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mavalon wrote: »
    I wouldnt even call this a mmo.
    Its a cash shop with a half game attached to it.

Yeah its totally different then most of the other F2P games out there. I mean at least there arent any F2P MMOs out that have you pay for dungeons (DDO) or quests (LOTRO), nope Neverwinter is the worst out of all of them because when you buy a $30 mount off the cash shop all over your characters on your account will get that same mount.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah its totally different then most of the other F2P games out there. I mean at least there arent any F2P MMOs out that have you pay for dungeons (DDO) or quests (LOTRO), nope Neverwinter is the worst out of all of them because when you buy a $30 mount off the cash shop all over your characters on your account will get that same mount.

60 Euro for a new race.
    Makes you wonder howmuch class 7 is going to cost. 200 Euro?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    60 Euro for a new race.

Yup the 60 euro ONLY gets you that one race. Not anything else that might have value as well. Only the race.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    60 Euro for a new race.

Oh, right, because that 1 race is going to be the ONLY race ever worth playing once it comes out. And it's not like you get a ton of other things for that $60 too.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Oh, right, because that 1 race is going to be the ONLY race ever worth playing once it comes out. And it's not like you get a ton of other things for that $60 too.

60 Euro is the value of a full AAA game these days.
    This is just some pixels.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

And you are getting the content of a AAA game here for FREE. You dont need to pay anything to be able to play this game and complete every bit of content in it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Uh, aren't all games just pixels (or bits)? Seriously, your argument does not make any sense.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    And you are getting the content of a AAA game here for FREE. You dont need to pay anything to be able to play this game and complete every bit of content in it.

This is not a AAA game.
    Far from it.
    Its a tiny action rpg with some bad mmo elements trown in there.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This is not a AAA game.
    Far from it.
    Its a tiny action rpg with some bad mmo elements trown in there.

Anecdotal opinion means nothing. And I never said it was a AAA game.
This discussion has been closed.