Install Arc
Options

Not getting fooled about packs again

Comments

• Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    demise03 wrote: »
    Are the sun / moon elves completely identical in terms of racial bonuses? If so, I don't see an issue with them charging for the moon elf race as you can make the exact same character minus some minor cosmetic differences. Same thing with the drow. They'll come out for everyone eventually and as long as they get the same racial bonuses then it shouldn't matter. It basically comes down to pay to be different. They aren't forcing anyone to buy anything, it's all there in case you want to be different. If you are a function over aesthetics person then don't buy the pack. If you like what you see being offered, then by all means buy the pack.. It's not complicated.

they arent forcing, but they certainly dont give two ****s about anyone who isnt willing to give them regular infusions of cash well beyond what a subscriber based game would ask.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    they arent forcing, but they certainly dont give two ****s about anyone who isnt willing to give them regular infusions of cash well beyond what a subscriber based game would ask.

Well, they are producing the expansion that one can play without purchasing either of the packs.

I'm sure they aren't doing so in a 'caring' manner, but players will have new things to explore and do at no cost to them, along with the new things to buy for those that choose to do so. New free stuff isn't all that bad of a deal.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    Well, they are producing the expansion that one can play without purchasing either of the packs.

I'm sure they aren't doing so in a 'caring' manner, but players will have new things to explore and do at no cost to them, along with the new things to buy for those that choose to do so. New free stuff isn't all that bad of a deal.

Cept it'll probably be for capped out characters only, and frankly, I cant stand the thought of levelling the classes we currently have.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    LOL why dont people use the search function on the forum before waisting money in the zen store. Stop feeding the dev's simple.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    Cept it'll probably be for capped out characters only, and frankly, I cant stand the thought of levelling the classes we currently have.

I expect it will be for capped characters only. Sit and wait until the class you want comes out, then, if none of the current ones appeal to you, or play something else in the mean time. This is a personal issue, not a game issue.
  • Options
    tag76tag76 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Again, this is looking more and more familiar each time new stuff gets done.
    Another game that involves nothing but " new cash items" and lack of ingame work! This is nothing short of a surprise for me and was expecting them to actually be "a better company" then this. But I guess I was wrong, as we're yet again, another mmo that does nothing but poor endless nick-nacks at the gamer and less and less frame work.

Sigh... back to Console games for this guy.
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    Thought HotN pack would be worth it, but was so wrong.

If they had mentioned anything about:

- New classes
    - New gear tier
    - Raids
    - PvP improvements

Maybe I'd buy a pack as I would feel that this game's future is moving in the right direction. But to buy a Feywild pack knowing that Savage Enchants still don't work? Not this time.

Neverwinter/Cryptic seems to be very, very careful lately on what they wish to spill out, judging from the Feywild package details. Mentioning random stuff like raids will just cause unnecessary uproar.

At least the packs are spelt out and displayed boldly, so the buyer won't be fooled into buying nonsense.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tag76 wrote: »
    Again, this is looking more and more familiar each time new stuff gets done.
    Another game that involves nothing but " new cash items" and lack of ingame work!.

They are making an entire new area and adding new systems to the game, all of which can be used by players that spend no money whatsoever. I believe that qualifies as in game work.
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The Knight Pack would be certainly worth its price if it could be available now. You know, for bragging rights at least. But we have to search for a FAQ to find out it's still unavailable.

Bad move, PR team.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If the 59.99 just came with a bag 24 or even 12 slot. Like the lesser one. I would of bought instantly. But now weighing options. Small things like that will get me. Everything looks good but that bag in the lesser and not included in larger package. And no I wouldn't want to spend half the diamonds theyd give me on the bag.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Knight Pack would be certainly worth its price if it could be available now. You know, for bragging rights at least. But we have to search for a FAQ to find out it's still unavailable.

Bad move, PR team.

It's stated on the front page of the Module 1 subsite... http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    It's stated on the front page of the Module 1 subsite... http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild

Yup, with a large "PRE-ORDER PACK" button, so it means pre-order.

Though the button next to the package should also be indicated pre-order instead of buy now. Some players will be so eager to purchase that they will not really go and look for an FAQ.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If the 59.99 just came with a bag 24 or even 12 slot. Like the lesser one. I would of bought instantly. But now weighing options. Small things like that will get me. Everything looks good but that bag in the lesser and not included in larger package. And no I wouldn't want to spend half the diamonds theyd give me on the bag.
    One of those bags would have been a nice addition to the $59.99 pack. Maybe they'll juice it up a bit before all is said and done, like they did with the other packs.
  • Options
    lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    for me I just find everything about 2 times more than I think it could be worth. For this as roughly equal to say buying an expansion pack most of those usually only cost about $30. I know it is not quite the same and you can still pay for free, but just from my point of view what they want for most of the zen shop stuff is just way too expensive, even after the reduction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is actually a pretty good deal, just as the Guardian pack was, but ONLY if you want both the Tier 3 mount and/or a account-wide Striker companion pet.

For previous pack holders, this is pretty lackluster so it would be nice if they did a higher level pack without the new mount and companion.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is it any surprise that people aren't happy with this latest development? Let's put things in perspective;

1) Cryptic's / PWE's communication is woeful. They love sending out Zen shop updates and advertisements for packs etc. But anything related to exploits / bots is shut-down really quickly. Couple this with a customer service section that 'loses' tickets or just plain doesn't respond equals an experience that is frustrating at best.

2) Didn't we all learn from the Guardian / HOTN packs? The sold them with 'unique' items (which turned out to be only the title) - a few months later the IDENTICAL packs (bar the title) is now on sale for anyone who wants it - a clear slap in the face for Founders.

3) Their status on what is actually open beta versus launch caused many arguments on these forums. Even their own website (at one point) said it was Live, yet the rest of their content still said Beta.

4) There is a heavy reliance on having to read between the lines with anything that Cryptic / PWE put out.

Remember, the line that said EVERYONE could do anything in this game without spending a penny? Well, most people missed the 'committed' part that preceeded it. (committed meaning months of grinding / AH trading) or just a few clicks with a credit card.

Getting drow sixty days after launch - again, that was dependant on what was considered launch.

Get Foundry access right away? Wrong, it meant 'right away from when we go into open beta'

Similarly, they are upto the same tricks with blurring the word 'content'. All future 'content' will be free - but it seems now that some races must be paid for (not must as is in they are a must-have, but as in if you want one, you must pay).

Whilst I appreciate the company needs money to continue development, I would personally pay them a flat subscription rate for everything and give me the abilities to discover those rarer items in game and earn them. But they wont, and the reason why is that their business section feels like they can bleed more money from the whales whilst keeping the game 'free' for everyone else - it's a win-win situation for THEM - advertise something as free for everyone, but make sure you get enough money off those willing to pay it.

I haven't played NW for a couple of months and I was holding out to see if Module 1 had something in it to bring me back. Unfortunately, as we get closer to it being released, I only see them going through the same motions that they did with open beta / release and which, in my opinion, will only produce the same frustrating issues all over again.

I hope I'm wrong.

I'd prefer to see them fixing the bots / exploits and bugged classes ahead of anything else that could also introduce new issues. If Ford released a car that was discovered to have faulty brakes, you can be rest assured that the first public announcement from them would be a recall / fix, rather than them trying to sell you the same car but with a better CD player.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Oh, I see, I was mistaken. Clearly the focus of the game (over years of play) should be grinding to actually level. They obviously didn't design it to be quick-to-cap with the intention of building lots of end game material.

The content does not support the speed to max level.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    Is it any surprise that people aren't happy with this latest development? Let's put things in perspective;

2) Didn't we all learn from the Guardian / HOTN packs? The sold them with 'unique' items (which turned out to be only the title) - a few months later the IDENTICAL packs (bar the title) is now on sale for anyone who wants it - a clear slap in the face for Founders

Getting drow sixty days after launch - again, that was dependant on what was considered launch.
    Everyone getting the exclusive Drow race sixty days after launch: I don't remember to have read anywhere, when they were selling the founder pack : "hey don't worry if you cannot buy the pack we will give you the Drow sixty days after launch"

And now that I think of it: so far the new races (included the buy them now before you can get them for free later) are just variations of the elven one
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Totally.

A **** sandwich is a sandwich with tard in it regardless of how much cheese, lettuce, mustard, etc you put on it.

Id like current bugs/issues fixed before i buy anything else. I mean some feats still dont work correctly for crying out loud!
  • Options
    seraphnaseraphna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like how no one seems to realize that the Drow and the Menzoberanzan Renegade are still different. Or how even if they weren't, what they paid for was a pre-order bonus. Seriously name a game where they don't make that pre-order DLC available to all months after release to make an extra buck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wylderfoxwylderfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013

Bad move, PR team.

100% agreed.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really don't think its worth the price of an entire standalone game in and of itself.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    I wish the bag is a 24 slot one instead of the 12 slot then I could actually buy in.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kimberix wrote: »

1) Cryptic's / PWE's communication is woeful. They love sending out Zen shop updates and advertisements for packs etc. But anything related to exploits / bots is shut-down really quickly. Couple this with a customer service section that 'loses' tickets or just plain doesn't respond equals an experience that is frustrating at best.

This pretty much sums up how I've been feeling about this game lately.

dezstravus recently said, "When it comes to the "fixing bugs" vs. "adding new stuff to the game" discussion, we have different people working on both at the same time - having a steady stream of new content/features alongside regular bug fixes is important to us."

It seems to me that "adding new stuff" (stuff to sell) is a higher priority than "fixing bugs". I can't get behind spending money on a game that ignores bugs/bots/exploits. Alot of problems have been around for a while now with no real update.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This pretty much sums up how I've been feeling about this game lately.

dezstravus recently said, "When it comes to the "fixing bugs" vs. "adding new stuff to the game" discussion, we have different people working on both at the same time - having a steady stream of new content/features alongside regular bug fixes is important to us."

It seems to me that "adding new stuff" (stuff to sell) is a higher priority than "fixing bugs". I can't get behind spending money on a game that ignores bugs/bots/exploits. Alot of problems have been around for a while now with no real update.

Not to mention all of the free stuff they are adding as well.

And how is adding stuff a higher priority then bug fixing when he clearly states that they are doing both AT THE SAME TIME
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    Well in defense of the development process.. it's actually a lot easier to create new content than to debug a bug. Most people just say blah blah is broken... the devs have to go thru hundreds of lines of code to see what actually cause the programming to be broken then fix it, then test it internally b4 putting it on the test server where it may or may not actually fix the bug.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not to mention all of the free stuff they are adding as well.

And how is adding stuff a higher priority then bug fixing when he clearly states that they are doing both AT THE SAME TIME

It's my opinion that new content is a higher priority than bug fixing because I see new content added more frequently and communicated to more than bug fixing.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It's my opinion that new content is a higher priority than bug fixing because I see new content added more frequently and communicated to more than bug fixing.

Ahh...I get it now.
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well in defense of the development process.. it's actually a lot easier to create new content than to debug a bug. Most people just say blah blah is broken... the devs have to go thru hundreds of lines of code to see what actually cause the programming to be broken then fix it, then test it internally b4 putting it on the test server where it may or may not actually fix the bug.

This X1000.

Most people commenting on their "priority" have no experience in how this is handled in a business format.

Different teams, different leadership, different metrics, different resources, different goals.

It is pretty naive to lump together like its 20 guys working in one area.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    seraphna wrote: »
    I like how no one seems to realize that the Drow and the Menzoberanzan Renegade are still different. Or how even if they weren't, what they paid for was a pre-order bonus. Seriously name a game where they don't make that pre-order DLC available to all months after release to make an extra buck.
    It would have been a pre-order if they would have said that it was their intention to give everyone the drow race free later on, but they didn't . They let you believe that only by buying the hero of the north pack you would have access to the drow race.
    Only later on , when they had sold a lot of packs they said us that the drow race would be available for free to everyone after the game went live and some time later they added the 60 days term.
    BTW In what the drow and the Menzoberanzan renegade would be different?
This discussion has been closed.