test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not getting fooled about packs again

12346»

Comments

• Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I'm waiting on the new classes as I've stated before but the thing that bothers me about this pack is the mount.

I was all excited during the beta because they had it in the store you purchase things from by doing daily prayers. Then it went poof. Now it's in a pack that doesn't have anything else in the pack for founders like me.

I already have my phoenix companion (the only one I wanted), the money (don't need AD), the outfit, the bag, etc etc

Why do I need any of these things as a founder all I wanted was that mount the rest of this stuff will do what my other useless items will do, take up valuable space in the bank.

They needed to sell this mount in the Zstore and not put it into this kit full of items we don't need.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The stuff with the packs seems benign. If they really wanted to sell the stupid things they would announce the slyph as a very rare augment pet.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    seraphna wrote: »
    I like how no one seems to realize that the Drow and the Menzoberanzan Renegade are still different. Or how even if they weren't, what they paid for was a pre-order bonus. Seriously name a game where they don't make that pre-order DLC available to all months after release to make an extra buck.

Checkers :p
    10PM CST

• Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why do I need any of these things as a founder all I wanted was that mount the rest of this stuff will do what my other useless items will do, take up valuable space in the bank.

You don't need them.
    They needed to sell this mount in the Zstore and not put it into this kit full of items we don't need.

No, they didn't. Don't confuse your want with their need.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fathomful wrote: »
    This X1000.

Most people commenting on their "priority" have no experience in how this is handled in a business format.

Different teams, different leadership, different metrics, different resources, different goals.

It is pretty naive to lump together like its 20 guys working in one area.

I will not pretend I know how Cryptic's environment is setup. All I have to go off is the information that is provided. I can read what is released and what is communicated to the player base. And by that I have my opinion of where their priorities lie.

I also don't have industry experience for other topics discussed here and I venture the majority of us do not as well. I do not think that should prevent us from expressing our opinions.

I'm no politician, but I can see where some of their priorities lie as well.
  • Options
    blondesolidblondesolid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    You don't need them.

No, they didn't. Don't confuse your want with their need.

If I can't get what I want, they are certainly not going to get what they need.
    And that's a fact, Jack!
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If I can't get what I want, they are certainly not going to get what they need.
    And that's a fact, Jack!

Your contribution to their needs is miniscule. That is also a fact.
  • Options
    walbangerwalbanger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wont be buying this pack thats for sure..........

I spent enough money on the 1st pack which was a complete waste of money.... YES i knew this before i bought it, but i paid money to support the game as i love it..... If you look at everything in it Ring/Wepon/Enchant All useless after level 15, then you got Companion/Mount these are ok but you can buy cheaper and more unique.....
    So I SOLELY bought it to support the game.

Now they bring out another pack (less than 1 month after release) that has a different Race???? so i cant use it unless i pay again (nealy 100GBP)

****EDIT ffs why does it stop posting when you use a pound sign :(
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    walbanger wrote: »
    Now they bring out another pack (less than 1 month after release) that has a different class???? so i cant use it unless i pay again (nealy
    There is no new class in the pack. I think that you must have misread.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    walbanger wrote: »
    I wont be buying this pack thats for sure..........

I spent enough money on the 1st pack which was a complete waste of money.... YES i knew this before i bought it, but i paid money to support the game as i love it..... If you look at everything in it Ring/Wepon/Enchant All useless after level 15, then you got Companion/Mount these are ok but you can buy cheaper and more unique.....
    So i SOLELY bought it to support the game.

Now they bring out another pack (less than 1 month after release) that has a different class???? so i cant use it unless i pay again (nealy

The game is an utter waist of money right now anyway. Why anyone thinks different is a joke really. If all the stuff thats wrong with the game was fixed i would be into spending cash on the game. The dev's got greedy and started the zen store and selling packs and such before the game was fully tested. With the exploits and bugs and hacks inbalance characters botz its not finished.

Adding more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to the game right now is another huge mistake on their part once again. It will bring in people back to check out the module but with all the stuff wrong right now its just going to add more issues to the game nothing ever released from the dev's has gone right so far.

They should stop the development of new stuff and have all the people they can get to work on fixing the game instead.
  • Options
    jegerwulfjegerwulf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited July 2013
    I don't think it's worth it, but that's me.

Unique Moon Elf Race - New Race = so what? Elves don't excite me.
    Unique Dawn Unicorn Mount = worthless to me, I alreayd have an account-wide mount.
    Unique Sylph Companion = Pretty cool. Looks nice, but no real need for it. I'd pay $5.00.
    Unique Moonsilver Regalia Fashion Set = Worthless to me.
    600,000 Astral Diamonds = Not inerested in paying cash for diamonds. Call it $10.
    LOAMWAVE = Withholding judgement. Bet it is just fluff
    Stone of Earth (necklace) = worthless.
    1 Extra character slot = you get 2 for $5, so $2.5

all-in-all, I'd pay $20. I hope PWE makes a mint, though - just not from me. :P
  • Options
    walbangerwalbanger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    khatzhas wrote: »
    There is no new class in the pack. I think that you must have misread.

Ya sorry i ment "RACE"
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Me, like so many other people only play this scam game because ESO or ffxiv isn't released yet and as soon as it is more then half the players will vanish. We'll see if this half-*** game and greed will keep the game alive when a real game is released. :D
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Me, like so many other people only play this scam game because ESO or ffxiv isn't released yet and as soon as it is more then half the players will vanish. We'll see if this half-*** game and greed will keep the game alive when a real game is released. :D

I think there are plenty of real games that have already released, and guess what. People still want to play this. Only the MMO Locusts are looking for the next new MMO to spend a couple months with then start *****ing and complaining about that one and how they are only playing it because they are waiting for MMOx or MMOy
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think there are plenty of real games that have already released, and guess what. People still want to play this. Only the MMO Locusts are looking for the next new MMO to spend a couple months with then start *****ing and complaining about that one and how they are only playing it because they are waiting for MMOx or MMOy

It's the combat, and the fact that the game is only a couple months old. A lot will depend on how some new games monetize, because a lot of them are adopting action combat. If a game has combat just as good or better, and has aspects that people like from other games like exploration, raiding etc... it will not be good for neverwinter. This game will always have a following though.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    actually if you read the faq for the pack it does give full details
    the sylf goes to level 30 and the unicorn is tier 3 and purple
    for people who like either or both of these their is most the packs value in anutshell
    as mounts are 30 and pets are 20 15$ in ad also and 2.50 in char slot and 10$ in fashion

if you don't like these don't buy the pack.

they have listed the moon elf and sun elf stats they are near identicle to each other in mechanics.

sun elves get 2% action point bonus and 10% resist to control powers
    moon elves get 1% action point bonus % stamina bonus and 10% resistance to control

both of them are Int and choice of dex or cha
    I estimate both new elves will be vastly hated in PVP.

there is tons of info on what your getting and you can see the comparison prices of similar items
    so unlike the earliy bird purchases of HOTN and guardian packs no one can really say they are going in to this one blind
    and if they do then its really a case of "Let the buyer beware"

its not really a matter of greed at these packs are paying the monthly fees for you
    and are not much different than a company releasing a new 60$ box every few
    months with special exclusive items. like SIMS does, or like downloadable contents most console games have.

I would like to see them add in extra bank slots with these packs to hold all the special exclusive free stuff thatwe are getting, or have them add a mount and or fashion outfit tab like we have to combat pets. this will make it less painful to buy these.
  • Options
    thepresident777thepresident777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zephryl1 wrote: »
    Nope, and I doubt there will be until some poor sap buys it.

Personally I think they don't tell us so that you're not instantly turned off when you realise they completely suck.

THIS! x1000000000.........
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

The reason is that nowadays devs don't care about quality but about making shiny stuff that sells a lot of money for a little while and then move on. I know one that doesn't follow that pattern, and it's an indie game called Path of Exile, if you wanna see quality, go there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All I have to say on the subject is about the unicorn mount. LOL! Really, Cryptic? First a spider now a unicorn? What happened to cool but "normal" mounts? Not wasting my money either, just like I decided not to waste my money on the Founder-turn-Neverwinter packs.

I some what agree as they are releasing THIS unicorn to the zen store... which is what I was expecting from the pack but I got a unfinished sharp edges unicorn...
    hiqFDmL.png
    mavalon wrote: »
    The point i am trying to make is 60 euro gets you a new AAA game.
    Or if you look on steam summer sales you can buy 5-6 full games for that price.

Yes because you can compare single player 1 time play games to Online Multi Player games... This game definitely has AAA quality in it (yes there are bugs and yes there are issues) but they are being smoothed out over the past month alone they have fixed ALOT of problems that I have had with the game (speaking becuase I've been playing on the Feywild preview for the last month)
    Paid 200$ for the Hero of the north and now they are like if you want another race and some other bull**** pay us another 60$.
    Getting reall tired of your **** perfect world. They should NOT advertise this game as a free 2 play mmo.

Everytime I see someone QQ'ing about the $200 HotN pack they always never seem to have the Title attached is that becuase they are lying? I mean you spend $200 why would you not use the title... maybe you did purchase it but why no title?
    They are out of their ever lovin freakin minds LOL LMAO..ssssure I'll put down 60 bucks for a race..OH WAIT!! it looks NO different than high elves LOLOLOL.

In beta they told us TWO races were practically ready for release..is THIS what they meant?..OMG the greed and money lust WREAKS.

UM Wood Elves are not High Elves... Moon Elves in Character Creation are labeled as High Elves which would make them WoW's Blood Elves (Though I did expect the Sun Elves to be the High Elves and Moon Elves to be Night Elves).
    voodoopapa wrote: »
    I strongly considered picking this pack up, but the game isnt advancing in the direction i want it to go.

Until more paragon paths are released and at least one more additional class, this game is going to collect dust. Ive already leveled the only two classes i have interest in.
    As a long time fan of this franchise i cant begin to express how bummed i am on the lack of classes and paragon paths. Just not worth further investing.

Please show me this dust collecting on data I'm pretty sure Harddrives are designed to keep air/dust out of them and I don't see how dust could gather on an Icon or on your character? OH I KNOW it's a figure of speech but really DUST? this is DIGITAL content no disk to gather dust.

Most of the QQer's in here don't even have valid points and remind me of a bunch of.... wait for it

QZcYsV1.png
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    This thread went no where but in insulting circles and has now been borderline necro'd with arguments instead of discussions. Topic closed.
This discussion has been closed.