What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Guide] Companion info and a bit of a guide

Comments

• Options
    mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What Class is the Man At Arms considered?
    Guardian Fighter?
    or
    Great Weapon Fighter?

I'm trying to find a Sword Knot for mine.
  • Options
    zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mjonis wrote: »
    What Class is the Man At Arms considered?
    Guardian Fighter?
    or
    Great Weapon Fighter?

I'm trying to find a Sword Knot for mine.

GF, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elilusoeliluso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zjesminz wrote: »
    GF, I think.

That is right.
  • Options
    zelciahzelciah Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got the Phoera earlier, is it worth leveling this companion? I've heard that's it's pretty weak even at 30. I'm CW and looking around for new companion.
  • Options
    shanawdithitshanawdithit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    since it would take any players way too long to get the Angel of Protection companion, could any devs/mods please show a picture of it, either from the test server/shard or maybe a concept picture? does it actually have angel wings? is it human sized or more pixie float over your shoulder type? please ?
  • Options
    hocuspocushocuspocus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wonderful guide, ty men
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    jayws84 wrote: »
    What stats are actually good for the cleric disciple? Power doesn't seem to change her heals, and can they even crit? Is all defense the way to go? Weak as she is, won't she die as much anyway?
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Has anyone tested in-game how the recovery stat affect Companion's ability cooldowns? Should recovery be avoided when gearing Companions?

The Cleric's heals are based off a % of your HP: Power does not affect them. (It seems to affect the damage of her Sacred Flame, but I can't be certain.)
    Recovery does however, reduce the cooldown, of the heals, so is probably the best way to get more healing from her.
    I have yet to see notice her healing spell crit.
  • Options
    rgrmrdthrgrmrdth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if i put the "lesser Indomitable Runestone" into the "stone of allure" will it give me the extra 10% dmg over 3 secs"? It would normally give that to my pet.
  • Options
    cartivacartiva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fruitbrute wrote: »
    Question: How am i supposed to level my companion after i reach level 60? Im 59 currently, my pheora is 18 and it seems the only progress with its exp bar is after i gain exp rewards for quests and stuff like that. Can i still gain exp on my companion for yet not completed quests when im 60? Whats the best way to level him after that?

I level my companions by exp gained from professions, and from invoking at campfires. I have gone to lower levels and just hung back while the companion wacks away, but that does not work well if at all. The professions xp seems to be the best.
    Keira Taletreader 60 GF 13.9 GS
    Erdan Loreweaver 60 CW 11.3 GS
    Mika Hawklight 60 DC 11.5 GS
    Rukia Stealthfoot 60 TR 11.5 GS
    Ka D'Argo 60 HR 13.7 GS
    Ivan Ironfist 60 GWF 11.6 GS
  • Options
    xtremejtb1xtremejtb1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will they ever fix the unbinding on compagnions? My pvp'er is stuck with an stone of allure lv25 can't unbind/trade it.
  • Options
    phinsphanphinsphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    I noticed that when you unbind a rune-stone, it charges you based on the level of the enchantment and the level of the companion. It is charging me 50,000-ish AD to remove a rank 5 rune-stone from a level 30 companion, 115,000-ish to remove a lesser indomitable rune-stone from a level 19 companion, but only 643 to remove a rank 7 rune stone from a level 1 companion. So if you forgo training your companion until training the first time would max their level, just before you do, remove the rune-stone. Save tons of AD!

P.S. I don't know if this is an exploit or just a neat feature? Just something I noticed.
  • Options
    gallantflamegallantflame Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the Guide...is it possible for you to update... to include their levelling abilities and purple companions in Companion info and a bit of a guide, so it is easier to find in one place?
    Unfortunately I read this after I used glory pts to get a blue blade, but you mentioned it is basically useless:( Lesson learned...check forums before buying. Information is still so scattered so much appreciated if you could do this.
    Cheers
  • Options
    thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    civildude wrote: »
    I'm glad that I'm getting positive feedback! If there is anything anyone would like for me to add such as images of other companions or the other pets abilities please let me know!

I must disagree with you assessment of the Priestess blue 2000 zen; as GWF I have the hits to spare and dice out enough dmg that her lifesteal is a life-saver. Especially for one such as I; I tend to run fast in foundry I know and I literally kill everything until I die or all are dead. Usually they all dead.

You could call it Leroy, but since I only do that kinda thing solo... I don't think it counts:)

Great guide though.

The big question is whether that Honey Badger is really worth 35 bucks....
  • Options
    rgrmrdthrgrmrdth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rgrmrdth wrote: »
    if i put the "lesser Indomitable Runestone" into the "stone of allure" will it give me the extra 10% dmg over 3 secs"? It would normally give that to my pet.

I ask again please
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rgrmrdth wrote: »
    I ask again please

The stone does no damage, 10% of nothing is nothing. So no, it doesn't work that way.
  • Options
    scottbriscottbri Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    civildude wrote: »
    Acolyte of Kelemvore - Blue quality - Leader - Female Elf - the acolyte will place a ward on you at times that will reduce incoming damage by 10%. She will also give you a life steal buff. Still not worth having over a cleric companion even with the greater quality. Life steal and damage reduction still don't compete with a clerics healing ability.
    And please help me to make this better! I would love more screen shots or information to add. With this thread having so many pages now the best way to do this would be through PM's. Thanks for your help!

Great writeup but, sadly, I must disagree with your assessment of the Acolyte companion. I currently use her, exclusively, on my 60 GF. The Cleric companions heals at lower levels are much more helpful but in the higher levels they don't do much nor are they often enough. The Acolyte, however, gives that wonderful 10% mitigation buff (which stacks w/astral shield 40% mit.) plus a healthy lifesteal (at max level w/items).
    She is, by far, more effective than the cleric companion at 60 in dungeons as the lifesteal allows you to pump out more health through damage than the cleric would give. :)
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just wondering if the first page is still being updated. I know there are others, but the skeletal dogs and tiefling cleric don't seem to be listed.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    gallantflamegallantflame Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jirodyne wrote: »
    Hmm.... I vote, that we bug the Devs to make it so we get more info about the companions in the Zen store when we hover over them.

Using http://imgur.com/a/OCJK1#Z6WrhAM To see all the Store Items from the Zen store, the companions just give basic flavor text that doesn't really give any information about the guy before you buy them. A good example is the Tomb Spider for $25, all it says before buying is: 'With the right Pheromones even this deadly creature will be by your side.' Which tell you absolutely nothing about it, how it will act, any special abilities like the Ghost, (one that can take over enemies for a few minutes?), and with them costing between $15 and $35 that Information to get the right companion is kinda important.
    Bump:)
    Whether players use cash, Zen, AD or gold, we should know exactly what we are getting from the in-game information. Developers please devote more time to all the information players need and fixing bugs,before you add more content or unbalancing builds of characters so constant respec is needed. Also most casual but dedicated players, don't want to spend hours and hours trolling the forums for information, that is rarely confirmed by any Cryptic staff.
    Thanks to the OP for your hard work putting this together:)
  • Options
    darkorberdarkorber Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Someone please tell me if you can still get a companion (cleric I think) some where from the Neverdead Graveyard Questlineor something?

And is it worth it to buy a mount for 5Gold?
  • Options
    icarley14icarley14 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you soo much for writing this. I was wondering if there is a female tank companion?
  • Options
    elilusoeliluso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    darkorber wrote: »
    Someone please tell me if you can still get a companion (cleric I think) some where from the Neverdead Graveyard Questlineor something?

And is it worth it to buy a mount for 5Gold?

There removed the Cleric as reward

And the Mount is again 5g ? not 20g ?
    And its o.k. to buy a horse, some areas have long distance to overcome
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    eliluso wrote: »
    There removed the Cleric as reward

And the Mount is again 5g ? not 20g ?
    And its o.k. to buy a horse, some areas have long distance to overcome

Oke. Thank you for your answer.

Because I am considering to buy the Cleric and change it with my current Wizard.

And yes, the mounts now cost 5Gold.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Does Recovery affect the spells of the Devoted Cleric?
  • Options
    gefjongefjon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I bought the $60 Guardian Pack, but my character still is not being offered a companion.

I have received the money in the game, so the purchase must have been successful.

How do I retrieve the companion please?

Edit - I still do not have the special Forum Title either.
  • Options
    tranglectranglec Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Did I get that right that there is no way to get a cleric companion above level 15 and no companion of any kind above level 30?
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tranglec wrote: »
    Did I get that right that there is no way to get a cleric companion above level 15 and no companion of any kind above level 30?

not quite, there were some promocodes for a lvl20 cleric though im not sure if those are still available or already all used

but yes, 30 is the max for every companion, but since those levels count for 2 player levels, its basicly lvl60 too

@gefjon: have you checked your mail? it comes via post....also you can get the stuff also at the founders agent west to seargant knox
  • Options
    tranglectranglec Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    not quite, there were some promocodes for a lvl20 cleric though im not sure if those are still available or already all used

but yes, 30 is the max for every companion, but since those levels count for 2 player levels, its basicly lvl60 too
    Well that sucks. I'm apparently forced to play alone (none of my friends is interested in MMORPGs and it just seems as if it is next to impossible to make friends in game) and a strong companion would have helped me a lot. I bought that little stone golem or elemental or whatever (forgot the original name) that can go up to level 30, but apparently a tank/defender isn't really a good match for the Rogue/Striker character I play.
    I don't get why they don't provide a lvl 30 option for all classes.
  • Options
    ludwig251ludwig251 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey i had a question, someone in a group I was in said that companions influence the difficulty of bosses (more adds or something like that) in dungeons and I was wondering if that was true ?

thx
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ludwig251 wrote: »
    Hey i had a question, someone in a group I was in said that companions influence the difficulty of bosses (more adds or something like that) in dungeons and I was wondering if that was true ?

thx

I highly doubt it... Solo missions are tuned for a solo player and Companion. Last Cryptic game to have party size scaling missions was City of Heroes.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    paladmethiuspaladmethius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    Why the hell is everything evil/nightmarish almost free such as the nightmare, the fire bird, the archeon, all gotten for like 2 bucks a key, yet everything paladin and holy is 360 days of clicking pray to get an angel and another 150 days if you want a holy looking sword to go with it?

This game reeks of try hard. I know how heroic a demonic horse riding flame summoner is in most games..(sarcasm) but can I have the option to be the stereotypical paladin with celestial charger and angelic companion too please? AT A REASONABLE LEVEL!
    This forum set up is absolutely horrible, I cant even figure out how to get my knight of the feywild title.