What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Guide] Companion info and a bit of a guide

Comments

• Options
    paixerpaixer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Strange, I tried it after I've red your post (risk free, since I don't have enough AD left for an another upgrade...) and now it indeed gives an extra window with a confirm. It wasn't the case in the morning, when I clicked on it, all I've got is the result window right away. Maybe just glitched...

Anyway, delete/ignore then my previous post, seems that statement not correct.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    mordwolf wrote: »
    well actually it is really a simgapore money grab company...most stuff bought has no real impacting usefullness...but on the other hand if you remmber everything including zen can be gotten in game without cash makes it slightly less of a money grabber company...just remember key word is company so its main purpose is to generate money for itself

If companies making money rubs you the wrong way, perhaps look for an open source game? Those are the only ones created without expectation of actually being paid for work.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    ludwig251 wrote: »
    Hey i had a question, someone in a group I was in said that companions influence the difficulty of bosses (more adds or something like that) in dungeons and I was wondering if that was true ?

Some bosses have an AoE life steal ability. If you have pets out (other than Cat or Stone), the boss can heal from that. Pets also sometimes draw agro from things the party is trying to sneak past.

I have never seen more ads spawn because pets were out.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    skeleton202skeleton202 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2013
    guys skeletal dog is good pet?

if not decide to sell it off
  • Options
    civildudecivildude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited September 2013
    Would be great if someone else stepped in to keep the first post updated. Would need a mod to switch control. I got bored and stopped playing a couple months ago.
    inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    guys skeletal dog is good pet?

if not decide to sell it off

Depends on what you are looking for. As far as pets go, the knockdown is a pretty good bonus. Is your dog white or blue quality? Obviously, white's sell for pretty low amount compared to blue but I would still be more inclined to sell a white one as opposed to a blue.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    laka1999laka1999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Umm, can I have a question? I want to ask, that I have 3 slots normally, so if I got 3 companions, can I summon all of them once so 3 companion will follow me?
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    laka1999 wrote: »
    Umm, can I have a question? I want to ask, that I have 3 slots normally, so if I got 3 companions, can I summon all of them once so 3 companion will follow me?
    No, only 1 companion at a time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gallantflamegallantflame Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you for this very useful link:cool:
  • Options
    aunlaeaunlae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nice job with this info. Helps me decide what NOT to get. The Dancing Shield and the CW apparently. I'm getting a Panther but I'd love to get a Honey Badger. Honey Badger doesn't care. Honey Badger doesn't..... A Ghaleb Duhr would be sweet also.

I bought Honey Badger, and I feel like its the first time I've felt like I really wasted my money. It spends more time dead, than not. Sometimes it dies, and decides never to come back, because it's bugged, or it just don't care to live anymore. You can't revive it, it doesn't revive after battle. I didn't realize it would just be a joke character that is useless, but I suppose once you hit 60 they become sorta pointless. I wish they were account bound so I could send it off to my cleric, of whom, might help increase it's survivability - but cannot. It's actually made me stop spending money on the game after feeling sorta burned about it~

I sort of wish companions were more partners, than just sidekicks. Especially as you approach end game and continue to wander around on your own.
  • Options
    eliotx2eliotx2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    civildude wrote: »
    Would be great if someone else stepped in to keep the first post updated. Would need a mod to switch control. I got bored and stopped playing a couple months ago.
    Indeed, first post need some editing. Would be nice to include information about Cleric Disciple healing better when equipped with Power stat items. It's just a bit of improvement, but it's better than nothing...
  • Options
    apollidapollid Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi! Maybe it is a stupid question, but please help me..

I have a lvl 15 Man-At-Arms companion. I could give different stones, enhancements to him even to waist.

My problem is that I can not equip anything to his 'Sword Knot' place. I had many identified swords and stones so far, but I simply unable to equip anything.

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but what is the problem?
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    apollid wrote: »
    Hi! Maybe it is a stupid question, but please help me..

I have a lvl 15 Man-At-Arms companion. I could give different stones, enhancements to him even to waist.

My problem is that I can not equip anything to his 'Sword Knot' place. I had many identified swords and stones so far, but I simply unable to equip anything.

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but what is the problem?

a sword knot is a great weapons fighter off-hand.

8ycr49.jpgNW_Epic_SwordKnot_06.png

it's not an actual sword, but more like an ornamental piece. just like the control wizard has an orb as its main-hand and a talisman for its off-hand.
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Note that if you aren't a Great Weapon Fighter any sword knot you come across will be red (meaning you can't equip it), but your Man at Arms companion will still be able to use it. (Same applies to the icons for cleric companions, and talismans for wizard companions.)

I do continue to find it strange that it's the sword and board companion rather than the 2 handed sword companion that gets the sword knot, though. I keep wanting to give sword knots to sellsword companions.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    apollidapollid Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks a lot guys! :)
  • Options
    c0dybc0dyb Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I cant login
  • Options
    robertmzrobertmz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know this is an old thread,but im new to the game and I just wondered if you can use the same companions if you have two characters,i know you can share the mounts. Regards Rob
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Companions are bound the first character that uses it, you cannot move them between characters after you have equipped it. You can move them to a different character if you have not equipped yet, it is still in your bag not in a companion slot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nerumasenerumase Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    aunlae wrote: »
    I bought Honey Badger, and I feel like its the first time I've felt like I really wasted my money. It spends more time dead, than not. Sometimes it dies, and decides never to come back, because it's bugged, or it just don't care to live anymore. You can't revive it, it doesn't revive after battle. I didn't realize it would just be a joke character that is useless, but I suppose once you hit 60 they become sorta pointless. I wish they were account bound so I could send it off to my cleric, of whom, might help increase it's survivability - but cannot. It's actually made me stop spending money on the game after feeling sorta burned about it~

I sort of wish companions were more partners, than just sidekicks. Especially as you approach end game and continue to wander around on your own.

There was supposed to be a feature where you could unbind bound pets for AD (or a way to do it) but it's doesn't seem to be working (and highly unlikely it ever will be fixed). I made a similar mistake, picked the wrong pet (sprite instead of wisp). So lesson of the day is, be CAREFUL when you pick out a pet that you purchase with zen!
  • Options
    fhelstagfhelstag Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How do you upgrade your pet's max level?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    fhelstag wrote: »
    How do you upgrade your pet's max level?

to upgrade a companion, you first have to level it to it's current cap. once you do that, there will be a flashing button that allows you to upgrade them.

the price is in AD and they aren't cheap to upgrade.

for the common (white) to uncommon (green), the cost is 300k AD.
    for uncommon to rare (blue), the cost is 500k AD.
    and for rare to epic (purple), the cost is 750k AD.

that said, upgrading the free companions isn't as important as doing other things in-game and upgrading other companions isn't necessarily important to do either. to me, companions are a fun addition to the game, but the aren't necessary. probably some of the most useful companions you can benefit from are the free cleric if you're leveling a melee character, the free man-at-arms if you're a cleric and one of the augment companions at end game because these will grant you their stats and you can boost whatever you're lacking in PVE (since companions and their active bonuses do not carry over into pvp).
  • Options
    fhelstagfhelstag Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    to upgrade a companion, you first have to level it to it's current cap. once you do that, there will be a flashing button that allows you to upgrade them.

the price is in AD and they aren't cheap to upgrade.

for the common (white) to uncommon (green), the cost is 300k AD.
    for uncommon to rare (blue), the cost is 500k AD.
    and for rare to epic (purple), the cost is 750k AD.

that said, upgrading the free companions isn't as important as doing other things in-game and upgrading other companions isn't necessarily important to do either. to me, companions are a fun addition to the game, but the aren't necessary. probably some of the most useful companions you can benefit from are the free cleric if you're leveling a melee character, the free man-at-arms if you're a cleric and one of the augment companions at end game because these will grant you their stats and you can boost whatever you're lacking in PVE (since companions and their active bonuses do not carry over into pvp).

Thanks for your time in providing me a response. I got my wolf to 20 and saw the button, I'm not sure if 500,000 is worth it, lol
  • Options
    kvanvigkvanvig Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi everyone! I have a problem. I have a man-at-arms companion, which I upgraded to max level. he has a sword knot slot. But when I put a sword knot in it, it doesn't change his stats. Also, the sword knot is below my level (I'm 60 CW). The same thing for my cleric. The icon looks red on her and doesn't addd stats. Is this a bug?
  • Options
    shanawdithitshanawdithit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    xiamandrewxxiamandrewx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm wondering.. Is there someway to get a companion of a different race than your main Character? Or are they by default a certain race. I am playing as a drow and I chose the wayward wizard and now we're two drows running around together looking like the black panthers. It also bashes the back story I made for my character. He's supposed to be a son of an outcasted family. With another drow it looks like we're planning an uprising to take Neverwinter and I want to be seen more or less as a ragtag group of mercenaries.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    unfortunately, a companion's race cannot be chosen. each companion has a specific set of skins and skills. if you're interested in a different (free) companion, i would suggest the renegade illusionist. it is a promo item for trying out the ARC client. here's a link:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/3030473-come-grab-your-free-arc-gifts_
  • Options
    dragonlordzedragonlordze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Dose any 1 know the total needed exp for a companion like is I used tomes so that lets say if im lvl 10 and use tomes to lvl my companion to lvl 30 before I even go questing with it homw many would be needed
  • Options
    jozakiwijozakiwi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey, I bought Cleric Disciple and it shows that I spent my gold (2) but she's nowhere to be found? I already have a dog companion, but Cleric Disciple is really necessary, does it have to do with my level (28 at the moment) or something? Help is appreciated.