test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP - Fighting from perma stealth is not balance

Comments

• yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    masu84 wrote: »
    Enforced Threat - well, its a aggro skill. useless in PvP. This skill deals something around 2-3k damage. More than 10sec cooldown. No stun, nothing that would help to kill a TR.

You can call everyone a troll who point out the flaw in your reasoning, but that still won't change the fact that you are persistently clueless.

You obviously have never seen a big, red X running around on the battlefield, have you? Underneath it is a stealthed TR thinking he is invisible, even though you just plastered a huge mark on his head.

And nobody can go into immune-mode when they're prone.

If your complaint is that you can't kill someone because it's too hard to hit them, then this will probably upset your feelings, but it's real clear you need a lot more time in the arena and a lot less time fuming on the boards.
  • masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Ah lol i should mark a TR which can hardly detect or even target? You are funny.

And using Enforced Threat = no damage. Well im able to mark the TR until he used CoS on me (instantly...). but im not able to kill him because i have to change a STUN with high damage to a aggro management skill with low damage. NICE!

MaWell im wasting my time again in talking to people which dont know anything about other classes.
    You should play a GF then you would know thatn enforced threat is a bad PvP skill. totally useless and the GF needs each stun and lunging as the only gap closer!
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    You obviously have never seen a big, red X running around on the battlefield, have you? Underneath it is a stealthed TR thinking he is invisible, even though you just plastered a huge mark on his head.

Shhhh..... what are you doing, man? You just gave up the game, dude! :)
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    so, now suddenly enforced threat doesnt deal damage anymore?
    have they patched the game in the last few minutes?

do you really not see how illogical you sound?

Edit:
    people which dont know anything about other classes.
    its also quite funny that YOU say that, considering you know nothing about other classes as well
    edited July 2013
    Bull charge= 4-5k damage + stun 10sec cooldown
    Frontline surge 3,5-4,5k damage + stun 25sec cooldown

+15% damage vs CCed targets increases the damage in combination with stuns extremly.

Enforced Thread=3k damage, no CC effect, enemy is just able to continue his attacks. 14sec cooldown. The "x" vanishes after the TR attacks the GF. CoS can be used to remove the "x" instantly! TR which are that stupid that they are not able to remove the "x" instantly are no0bs. Well now some of our high skilled programers around here (wow, all Progamers are TR ... strange *rolleyes*) would now say: "block all attacks of TR!!!". Well, if im blocking everything my guardmeter will be empty soon.

empty guardmeter= lower damage because 50% power is gone. Im not able to block any CC effects any more and im vulnerable. because of enforced threat, which deals lowest damage among theses encounters, im not able to kill a TR because a stun or a gap closer is missing.

Frontline surge <-> enforced threat
    loosing the best AoE stun. frontline surge is very strong vs multiple targets and is a great opener vs CWs. Well, its the best opener vs CWs because they wont let any GF close enough for bull charge.

Bull charge <-> enforced threat
    Bull charge is one of the best skills of GF. its the only skill which is able to kick players out of the clerics circle. Really high damage.

lunging strike <-> enforced threat
    the one and only gap closer of the GF. Without this skill you will not get in range to do anything.

Come on my lovely programers around here! Tell me which skill should be switched to enforced threat to do what?! Stop talking plz, your posts are annoying because you did just demonstrate that you dondt know anything about this game.

And here is the reason:
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
    edited July 2013
    so you chose not to adapt and hence you whine

you could for example remove lunging strike and use the at will that lets you charge forward (forgot the name) [thats another part where you show that you dont even understand the class you play yourself, let alone others]

you basicly have 2 choices: adapt and get better or whine and stay unskilled...sadly you chose the second one

also even without the mark enforced threat is useful against stealth rogues
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    so you chose not to adapt and hence you whine
    I tested enforced threat very often in PvP because i forgot to change my encounters after PvE ... and the missing stun weakens the GF extremely.
    you could for example remove lunging strike and use the at will that lets you charge forward (forgot the name)
    Your dodge distance is bigger then the range von thretening rush. And the damage is quite low. Using threatning rush as a gap closer for CWs will not work.

You should try your "tactics" first before you try to explain a 13k gs GF with 150+ PvP matches how to play his class.

you basicly have 2 choices: adapt and get better or whine and stay unskilled...sadly you chose the second one

also even without the mark enforced threat is useful against stealth rogues
    Well, YOU should use enforced threat instead of lunging strike. You will suck vs. everyone without your 2nd stun.

These arrogant TRs which are recommending stupid encounters for PvP are not funny at all.
    Next time you should say that the "dancing animation" is just awesome and very useful to kill perma stealth no0bs!

Welcome to ignore.

And here is the reason:
    edited July 2013
    and then those whiners wonder why they always hear "learn to play"

cause no matter what advice they are given, they ignore it and rant on
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rogues arent immune to anything when in stealth...its post like these that make people like you look dumb

Oh ok then when I use sunburst when I know a rogue is right next to me and it does nothing to them, and they are still stealthed. Yup, thats not immune or invulnerable. Stupid hat
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Oh ok then when I use sunburst when I know a rogue is right next to me and it does nothing to them, and they are still stealthed. Yup, thats not immune or invulnerable. Stupid hat

Yeaaaaaa, you're doing it wrong. Rogues are NOT immune nor invulnerable while in stealth. I hate having to teach, but you don't fire off sunburst (AoE) as soon as they stealth. wait 4-5 seconds, go into divinity mode, fire off sunburst and you mess up their rotations and knock them back.

Most people just panic in pvp too much.
    edited July 2013
    its neither immune, nor invulnerable

you just damaged them, thus you reduced their stealth (they have a meter for that, you know...a pool, that gets reduced over time when they are stealthed and also when they are damaged)

why dont you also learn how the game works befor you complain about something?
  • beleb1beleb1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited July 2013
    Well on my gf with a lowly gear score of 10.5k I destroy perma stealth rogues. Try using supremacy of steel when they are nearby. Yes, it is a daily, but when do you not have a daily up in pvp? I literally have it up 90% of the time. Basically, supremacy of steel will reflect approx. 900 damage back at them with each attack and it sends a bright yellow bolt towards them allowing you to chase them down. Then kill the TR with ease.
    edited July 2013
    its neither immune, nor invulnerable

you just damaged them, thus you reduced their stealth (they have a meter for that, you know...a pool, that gets reduced over time when they are stealthed and also when they are damaged)

why dont you also learn how the game works befor you complain about something?

Jesus you are an angry little midget, smoke a bowl or something and lighten up.

I'm not complaining about the stealth build, I could give two ****s about this build, a rogue in this build never kills me anyway. Its just annoying.

What I did say, is a rogue taking "any" damage while in stealth, should make them come completely out of stealth, ...and it doesnt. Which is a silly mechanic.
  • coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013

I'm not complaining about the stealth build, I could give two ****s about this build, a rogue in this build never kills me anyway. Its just annoying.

What I did say, is a rogue taking "any" damage while in stealth, should make them come completely out of stealth, ...and it doesnt. Which is a silly mechanic.

that wud make them so useless lol, if u just think its anoying, why are u whining so much. they already lose a big chunk of their meter + health when they are stealth
    edited July 2013

just cause you say that it has to be that way, doesnt make it true, in fact in this case its completely wrong
    going with your logic, GFs should only be able to block 1 attack and then the entire guardmeter should be depleted
    GWFs are only allowed get hit once while unstoppable and then it ends

its not only wrong, its also stupid

and yes, you are complaining about stealth
    edited July 2013
    coglover wrote: »
    that wud make them so useless lol, if u just think its anoying, why are u whining so much. they already lose a big chunk of their meter + health when they are stealth

I'm not whining.....Are you people on crack?

You rogues are some high strung dudes. Have your silly stealth build /snicker I'm cool with it, cross my heart =P

Its "my" opinion rogues coming out of stealth completely when taking damage. I'm used to the old days of rogues in EQ 1 is all. I'm not on here crying rogues are OP cuz this build, lighten up.
    edited July 2013
    just cause you say that it has to be that way, doesnt make it true, in fact in this case its completely wrong
    going with your logic, GFs should only be able to block 1 attack and then the entire guardmeter should be depleted
    GWFs are only allowed get hit once while unstoppable and then it ends

its not only wrong, its also stupid

and yes, you are complaining about stealth

A GF is a tank, holding a physical shield. It makes absolute sense they have a meter. Same with GWF unstoppable, the mechanic makes sense.

Like I said, oldschool rogue player from EQ1, so no...the rogue stealth meter is silly to me, and doesnt make sense. I'm not crying to nerf it, I just gave my 2 cents and you are getting all sorts of butt hurt. Thx for the laughs this morning geek, hope your day gets better for you, cheers =)
    edited July 2013
    I'm not whining

yes, you are
    there is something you dont understand and you want it changed to fit your needs

thats whining

you just dont see it that way, but thats normal for the whiners
    edited July 2013
    yes, you are
    there is something you dont understand and you want it changed to fit your needs

thats whining

you just dont see it that way, but thats normal for the whiners

At this point its obvious my 7 year old has a better understanding for common sense then you do.

I'm on your side you dult, I'm all for the stealth build.

As a matter of fact, i wish every rogue would use it, then I would have nothing to worry about in PvP against a rogue.........ever

How, in your warped sense of logic, this constitutes whining, is laughable.

Pro Tip: Finish High School
    edited July 2013
    you whine about stealth cause you have the wrong understanding of how it should work

while you whine about it from another angle, its still whining
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yes, you are

Stealth is about escaping a bad situation or sneaking up on your enemy and dealing a devastating blow. It's not about running around as a ghost shooting people with an automatic shotgun. Do you even understand what the assassin/rogue archetype is all about?

TR's have 3 ranged abilities instead of just 1 and you can attack multiple times while being at a distance and invisible <- It doesn't make sense.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
    edited July 2013
    just that we arent the assasine type archetype, we are an infiltrator type...and those stay in stealth

ever played splinter cell? thats what we are
    we kill you while beeing invisible

not to mention that what you wrote there is nowhere written
    edited July 2013
    you whine about stealth cause you have the wrong understanding of how it should work

while you whine about it from another angle, its still whining

I was wrecking people in PvP with a rogue from stealth when you were probably still ****ting in diapers precious.

If anyone needs an "understanding" on how, when, why, and where Stealth came from. Its you kiddo, you are out of your element.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The mods should rename this thread into: PvP - Fighting over Nerfs nevers leads to balance.

That, or just dump it in the pits.

It's always the same.

- I want x nerfed, it's OP
    Well, you could try this...
    - I don't wanna, I want x nerfed and I throw my verbal <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at you so you will understand.
    edited July 2013
    just that we arent the assasine type archetype, we are an infiltrator type...

Darling, this isn't Splinter Cell. It's an MMO, you're a rogue, aka melee assassin. Since when does a melee assassin use a ranged ability as its primary damage source? Since when does a melee assassin only do damage while being invisible? This style of play is broken. A decently geared rogue with some armor pen can decimate practically anyone from stealth with CoS in seconds. SECONDS. Don't forget about the obnoxious Impact Shot either.
    edited July 2013
    why do you insist that we are a melee assasin?
    and going with your logic, where are your posts about the complete removal of any damage CWs have, you know, CONTROL wizards, not damage wizards

but you just want to whine for the sake of whining, youre just another troll that cant be bothered to either learn how the game works or to adapt

dont have much more to say to you, its all been said already, yet you ignored it, otherwise you wouldnt write that nonsene

also we arent assasins, we are infiltrators...read the books and stop talking nonsense
    You are an expert at getting into and out of places
    unseen. Furthermore, you have the skills and training
    you need to handle any infiltration situation that
    comes your way, from spying and scouting to sniper
    attacks
    and assassinations.
    edited July 2013
    But you just want to whine for the sake of whining, youre just another troll that cant be bothered to either learn how the game works or to adapt

The only thing I do is pvp and I play with the top players on Dragon. It's you that needs to learn how the game works, the best TR's know how broken stealth ranged attacking is, L2 look at things from multiple perspectives.
    edited July 2013
    "best" according to what?

and i know how the game works, thats why you see no whine posts from me...cause those come only from unskilled people...maybe those "top players" should teach you how the game works instead of just carrying you to victory
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Perma-stealth rogues are an exploit for PvP and PvE...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Perma-stealth rogues are an exploit for PvP and PvE...

wrong
    /10char