Install Arc
Options

PvP - Fighting from perma stealth is not balance

Comments

• Options
    l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    I guess, but look at all the digital testosterone flying around, that can't be healthy for a person's stresslevel :p

Haha, these guys are just stressed-out anyway. I get it. They come here to vent, and that's okay. If they were really interested in learning how to counter a TR, then they would be trying one out to see how it drives. I think they're just afraid that they might like the class and have to swallow that bitter pill. :)
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    l0th4ri0 wrote: »
    Haha, these guys are just stressed-out anyway. I get it. They come here to vent, and that's okay. If they were really interested in learning how to counter a TR, then they would be trying one out to see how it drives. I think they're just afraid that they might like the class and have to swallow that bitter pill. :)

So you know how other people think and feel behind your screen? That's cool.
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    vverg wrote: »
    So you know how other people think and feel behind your screen? That's cool.
    Thank you.

Here's what you're thinking: "I'm gonna troll this guy because I have nothing better to do, and a minor personal attack at what I perceive to be arrogance might make me look good."

It's all right, man... I do the same thing sometimes. Trolling can be fun. :)
  • Options
    valaxusvalaxus Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do not normally bother with forum posts but I find this one pretty unbelievable, that someone would leave a pvp match with a rogue in it because there is no way you know at the start whether that rogue is perma stealth or not. The sooner cryptic introduce a deserter buff you people like you the better , meaning you cannot re-enter pvp for 15-30 mins. You are totally selfish with no thought for anyone but yourselves, deserting your team.

I can also almost guarantee that none of you have thought , hmm how can I beat that rogue next time, and review your powers and feats to counter them, no you come here crying nerf which personally I hate to see for any class, because I know you have made no attempt to try and better your own gameplay to counter them.

I can only assume that for many complainers this is their 1st MMO , as stealthed rogues have been around in many many others, WoW, Rift, Warhammer Online to name but a few , the list goes on and on and tbh rogues in NWO are not that hard to find as they are not totally invisible and once I do I usually destroy them, they wear leather I wear plate and if daggers are flying at me from nowhere , I just run out of the way for a few secs.

To the pvp leavers please do the rest of the community a favour and do not enter pvp , you should not be in there in the 1st place, spoilng other players games through your selfishness.

I am getting a bit sick of reading so many nerf this class nerf that class posts for people I know will have made no attempt to improve their own gameplay. Going by all the nerf this class and that class posts, every class except maybe DC ,I guess the game is pretty balanced.

Peace out.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    valaxus wrote: »
    I do not normally bother with forum posts but I find this one pretty unbelievable, that someone would leave a pvp match with a rogue in it because there is no way you know at the start whether that rogue is perma stealth or not. The sooner cryptic introduce a deserter buff you people like you the better , meaning you cannot re-enter pvp for 15-30 mins. You are totally selfish with no thought for anyone but yourselves, deserting your team.

I can also almost guarantee that none of you have thought , hmm how can I beat that rogue next time, and review your powers and feats to counter them, no you come here crying nerf which personally I hate to see for any class, because I know you have made no attempt to try and better your own gameplay to counter them.

I can only assume that for many complainers this is their 1st MMO , as stealthed rogues have been around in many many others, WoW, Rift, Warhammer Online to name but a few , the list goes on and on and tbh rogues in NWO are not that hard to find as they are not totally invisible and once I do I usually destroy them, they wear leather I wear plate and if daggers are flying at me from nowhere , I just run out of the way for a few secs.

To the pvp leavers please do the rest of the community a favour and do not enter pvp , you should not be in there in the 1st place, spoilng other players games through your selfishness.

I am getting a bit sick of reading so many nerf this class nerf that class posts for people I know will have made no attempt to improve their own gameplay. Going by all the nerf this class and that class posts, every class except maybe DC ,I guess the game is pretty balanced.

Peace out.

I don't mind deserter debuffs ill take them all day long. They need to fix PvP and permastealth first though. Then they should implement a penalty system. Even if there is a penalty for leaving there should be a reason to stay and there isn't in most cases. So working on reasons to stay in a match should take priority first. That and getting rid of permastealth.
  • Options
    dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The throwing daggers really don't do that much damage and you run out of them anyway.

But you have all the time in the world to wait those daggers come back, you are still alive and in stealth while the opponent(s) are dying.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I play a non-perma stealthed rogue, and at first the perma stealth rogues even took me off guard. Its a matter of adjusting your tactics accordingly. Now, I LOVE to see them, easy points for my pvp matches.

and this such a stupid line.
    Edit: so you would agree with the idea that people who play TRs are those who cannot hack it playing a "real" class, then? They are not able to block/dodge due to being lame and so must rely on stealth?

A real class and can not hack playing them?

Psssst. the class is called Trickster Rogue.... Why not take a good hard look at the class, just about every thing they do is based of stealth and damage. Calling for nerfs on stealth (just because you want to facetank someone like a clod) is like saying taking a control wizards control powers. SMH.

Learn to hunt, learn tactics, figure it out. As much as people want to say its invisibility to try an exaggerate their claims, its NOT invisibility.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    But you have all the time in the world to wait those daggers come back, you are still alive and in stealth while the opponent(s) are dying.

Takes 36 seconds for daggers to recharge to unload on someone.
  • Options
    dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    valaxus wrote: »

Peace out.

There is no counter! Just today I was toyed and humiliated by permastealth rogue that couldn't even be targetted unless he was nose to nose distance in front of me. I had the time to try all my encounters on him but NONE could break his stealth while he was slowly killing me knife by knife. Have fun you miserable <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    valaxusvalaxus Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is no counter! Just today I was toyed and humiliated by permastealth rogue that couldn't even be targetted unless he was nose to nose distance in front of me. I had the time to try all my encounters on him but NONE could break his stealth while he was slowly killing me knife by knife. Have fun you miserable <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I'm sorry you can't figure it out m8. As the rogue above said , if I know there are perma stealth rogues in my pvp they are easy meat, but if a well geared executioner opens on me ,that's a whole other story.
  • Options
    therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    GWF sentinel build with DR and Regen hard counters this build. They can't do any reasonable damage unless they come in close, which is suicidal. With 5 stacks, I have 50%DR and 50%Deflection, which is effectively 75%DR. Along with 30k HP and regen at around 1k per 3 seconds, I can usually outheal whatever damage they throw at me.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TR best melee dps in game. okey its normal. But + best range dps in game ahahah. dagger everyhit 4k-5k-4k-3k
    pukmp.jpg
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    GWF sentinel build with DR and Regen hard counters this build. They can't do any reasonable damage unless they come in close, which is suicidal. With 5 stacks, I have 50%DR and 50%Deflection, which is effectively 75%DR. Along with 30k HP and regen at around 1k per 3 seconds, I can usually outheal whatever damage they throw at me.

Gratz, you're describing another build (for GWFs) that is totally overpowered in pvp. And using TR as an example to what can't kill you proves this even more. If a TR can't kill you then noone can.

GWF's are out of hand and so are TR's ranging people down from stealth. Stealth is suppose to be something that either helps the Assassin archetype escape OR helps them sneak up on someone and deliver a devastating attack. Stealth is not there so that you can just run around as a ghost and kill people without even using a melee ability. All the best players understand this.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    so its possible to dodge every GF move, but TR moves are undodgable?
    shows how little you know

Well, you must be a real PRO. If you are such a high skilled monster, that you are able to dodge an attack as a GF, you should show me how you do it. Guard meter is empty very fast and the TR is able to throw daggers towards my GF all the day.

And additionally: dodging 12 daggers? LOL no chance. 12 daggers ~24k damage. A CW is able to dodge 3 daggers. 18k damage left. And then 36secs later: 12 new daggers are coming. The CW CAN NOT target the TR. So its just waiting until the TR killed the CW.

And GF vs TR: The TR is running faster while stealthed and has dodges to stay on distance. The GF must be very(!!!) close to the TR to target him. The GF has no dodge or gap closer because each gap closer of the GF needs a target.

If a perma steal TR is attacking me i got only 2 options:

1) dying.
    2) using lunging strike onto another enemy to get as far away as possible.

Killing the perma stealth TR is impossible if he isnt the greatest no0b which is living on this planet.
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    perma stealth and CoS is not the problem, perfect vorpal lashing blade is :D.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    More clueless...

Cloud of Steel has a build up, if you break the chain the damage doesn't build up... hence why you do something to break the chain of daggers. if you sit there and take the daggers like a dad gum fool that's your fault.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    masu84 wrote: »
    Killing the perma stealth TR is impossible if he isnt the greatest no0b which is living on this planet.

I had no idea I was the greatest no0b (wow, I had no idea that was censored!) on the planet, since other skilled PvP'er can take down my permastealth rogue if they're not careless, make a mistake, or are otherwise occupied.

A) teamwork matters
    B) perma-stealth rogues can be reasonably countered by any other class with AoE effects (all of them) and a good player
    C) people who aren't great at PvP will still be shredded by people who are very good at PvP - and a number of perma-stealth rogues have spent a lot of time working on PvP.

When my rogue is up against another rogue using a similar build and tactics we are very limited in facing off until one makes a mistake or slips out of stealth. When my rogue is up against a GF or GWF, I need to be very careful and stun them before then and tag me. Facing off against a CW or DC I need the quick kill before they can do various explody things to me.

When I am playing my GF I love when the TR's come at me, because unless I am careless or they are very fast with ItC I am going to play whack-a-rogue and send them flying before killing them.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    if ur up against another perm stealth rogue, try using path of the blade and ull see magic
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    If that were true, wouldn't every team with a permastealth rogue automatically win? And seeing how that isn't the case.... I'd say it's more likely you are not paying attention to the many dedicated TR's here who are telling you on how to counter them.

If you can honestly say that you can't stumble upon a stealthed TR with four people running around the platform and put some kind of effect on him, then I honestly think you really need to learn a lot more about the game before you start complaining.

Lol you rogues arent here to tell people how to beat them. You are crapping yourselves about a nerf to stealth. Its not out of the goodness of your hearts.

Ive seen that from all the rogues who counter post in these threads. Its all you care about. You dont care there is a stupid build you can counter but other some classes cant.

You are all selfish. It is obvious to even the uninitiated that a class mechainic that allows perma stealth is just wrong.

You are all selfish.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nerf nerf nerf.

This game needs balance not nerf. It is clearly not designed for PvP. If this was a real PvP game, you would have a downside and upside to most things. for example stealth should be detected when youa re close to the target. or if they are throwing knives from stealth atleast show which direction they are doing their annoying spam.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yeah capgarnas, I know what a rogue is. I was wondering how you knew how the opposing players were built.

But I think we both know the real answer to that.

I can imagine that your definition of what determines an evil "permastealth" build is dependent upon if you are losing or not. If you are having a good match and winning, then the opposing rogues are okay. It's when you're losing that the rogues are suddenly changed beings who are OP due to stealth... time to quit.

You don't have to confirm or deny any of this, as it makes no difference anyway. As I said before, I am not judging you or the other "I quit" guy, and I've had my laugh already. There was never any point to make, nor any criticism.

Looks like i got a censor on my previous post to you.

Its simple as i mentioned previously there are different types of rogues. You didnt think i knew the difference. Then i showed i did. You still persist with the unbelievable notion that im complaining because i got beaten in a match by a rogue. You still continue to say i leave if I cant beat a rogue.

Im sorry you find it so hard to say you were wrong. Even though you were proven wrong you still persist with you completely unfounded attack on my principles. Im not complaining about stealth and you know that but still you persist with your unfounded lie.

Every single PvP match i play there is at least one rogue. I do not leave. I leave when there is a perma stealth rogue.

Its not that hard to understand.

I have found more than another class on any other game forum that the rogues that counter post against the perma stealth build will never admit when they are wrong. You can post their incorrect statements and directly show them they are wrong and they will still say th sky is green.

I know you will all continue to counter post to because you are scared of a stealth nerf. Ive seen it written before by other rogues as you are doing now.

My hope is that the developers read these posts without the one eyed view of many of you.

Here is the sole reason you fight for this ridiculous build. Your scared.
    I honestly think it's just easier to complain and call for another nerf, yerune. :)

I will not posting with regards to the stealth mechanics in this game. There are more than enough posts. It would no doubt be fixed if the devs didnt have to deal with a huge backlog of gamebreaking bugs.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    A) teamwork matters
    A team (at least 2 players) is required to kill a perma stealth bob?!
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    B) perma-stealth rogues can be reasonably countered by any other class with AoE effects (all of them) and a good player
    Well, i like the AoE stun of the GWF... oh wait
    The AoE stun of clerics is nice too... oh wait 2
    Even Cws need a target for all CC effects except their daily singularity...other aoes are just dealing a small amout of damage. Nothing which should fear a perma stealth bob.

Well, the GF got a AoE stun which is working sometimes, but its hard to detect a TR while he is in dagger range (dagger range >>> frontline surge range!) and the TR is able to dodge frontline surge.

But well... talking to TRs which think that the TR isnt imba ... a waste of time.

10 players per domination
    2% clerics
    13% GF
    20% GWF
    25% CW
    40% TR
    (just my opinion .. playing 5-10 domination matches per day...)

Hmm why are there so many TRs? Hm? Because they are weak?!
    Well i should ask capt. obvious...

And here is the reason:
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    3 more pages and so much more bull**** posted by clueless people pretending rogue to be OP...ah well :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    3 more pages and so much more bull**** posted by clueless people pretending rogue to be OP...ah well :)

Its the blind leading the blind, making assumptions and drawing conclusions from those assumptions, and they love to show one or two heavily geared TR's owning some scrubs on youtube. Like I said they wont be happy till you can only stealth for .003 seconds and force squishy melee to face tank everyone.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    chipster wrote: »
    lol.. before you find them, they give you a hard lashing blade 22k + a few throw.. bye bye~

If you honestly think a perma takes lashing you are sorely mistaken. Stop. Saying. All. Rogues. Have. All. Abilities. Of. All. Specs. While. Begging. Fr. Nerds. Cause. You. Suck.
    perma rogues are easy to handle for anyone ith half a brain. You, sadly, are out of luck.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If you honestly think a perma takes lashing you are sorely mistaken. Stop. Saying. All. Rogues. Have. All. Abilities. Of. All. Specs. While. Begging. Fr. Nerds. Cause. You. Suck.
    perma rogues are easy to handle for anyone ith half a brain. You, sadly, are out of luck.
    Its the blind leading the blind, making assumptions and drawing conclusions from those assumptions, and they love to show one or two heavily geared TR's owning some scrubs on youtube. Like I said they wont be happy till you can only stealth for .003 seconds and force squishy melee to face tank everyone.

WOW

tons of really good statements... oh wait.

guys plz tell me:

1) something around 40% TRs in PvP why?

2) TRs gotvery often most kills in PvP

3) Perma stealth TRs cant be targeted if the keep a little distance between them and their target.

4) TRs are able to kill a CW by using 12 daggers without beein targetable or visible

What about changing the cooldowns in a way so that the TR isnt able to be stealthed permanently?! You guys are looking like really really "high skilled pvp 1337 rul0rz!!!", so you should be able to win with nerfed TR as well... so what are you afraid of?! hm?!

well there is only one conclusion: you are afraid of loosing, because you did never learn to play a TR normally without abusing imba skills. pre patch: onehitting everything and now beeing able to abuse perma stealth. in case that the TR would be fair, you guys would cry.

And here is the reason:
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    1) selective memory and they are DPS...its known that most people like DPS
    2) killstealting and such? and even if, kills mean nothing anyway
    3) so they are smart and you are not...aint a rogue problem, its a problem of you not beeing smart (like moving towards them or nuking their stealthmeter with aoe)
    4) other classes can do that too, not a rogue problem

in short: you suck, learn to play, sorry to be that harsh but its like that

stop crying for nerfs about something just cause you are to unskilled to find a solution to fight it....lots of people have done that befor (thats also one of the reasons why rogues are worse then GWF and GFs and sometimes CWs), you can do it too, all it takes is osme little effort that is not spend on crying but on learning
  • Options
    barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ill add to the discussion they should add a node or script that allows only players with a range in gear score to be put up against one another. I seen teams of 12000 plus gears score stop on lower gear score. Fix the problem. Second problem is the astral diamond bug that was exploited.

As for rouge it simple implement a true seeing potion last so many rounds!

Fix the problem the problem and the hackers that you have not caught

Thanks
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    barthan wrote: »
    Ill add to the discussion they should add a node or script that allows only players with a range in gear score to be put up against one another. I seen teams of 12000 plus gears score stop on lower gear score. Fix the problem. Second problem is the astral diamond bug that was exploited.

As for rouge it simple implement a true seeing potion last so many rounds!

Fix the problem the problem and the hackers that you have not caught

Thanks

Yea sure that's fine, true seeing? sure.. As soon as they allow anti-magic pots and berserker/invulnerability pots.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Here is the sole reason you fight for this ridiculous build. Your scared.

I'm sorry but I have some bad news: no matter how many threads you fill with your screed, there will be no nerf or "fix" to permastealth, because it is working as intended. There could be 1000 more threads started about this, and it literally will not matter. Sorry. To reiterate my first post on this thread: get comfortable with the idea of rogues that can turn invisible and stay that way for a long time. Get very comfortable. If it becomes too much to deal with, there are always other games you could be playing.

Other folks can deal with it just fine, but that doesn't mean that you can. It's okay, that doesn't mean you are dumb or anything. Nor am I subtly hinting at your lack of knowledge, critical thinking skills, reasoning, or bravery. This is not an attack post in any way, nor should it be construed as an attempt to troll, harass, or be negative about anything at all.

This is just common sense. The entire rogue class is built around the idea of turning invisible and having ways to prolong it. In order to "repair" what you and some others perceive as "broken" would require the removal/reworking of the entire class.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong... it could be that the most popular class in the game is suddenly removed and everyone's char is deleted or whatever -- maybe they change them all to clerics? And drastic changes to the class mechanics are just as likely. After all, why would a rogue need to stay in stealth for longer than a max of 5 seconds? It's easy enough to balance... just give them a monstrous boost to AC, HP, or damage to make up for it. Better yet, we can listen to the other "I quit" guy and just remove stealth altogether. LOL

Sorry that you are having such a hard time with this. I really am. :)