test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529g.25

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    nodozennodozen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not happy about nerfs to Leadership.
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    Dialogue day - Where a massive infectious cloud of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-ism wreaks havoc in neverwinter and the surrounding area's and all Npc's forget how to talk. The source of this is though to come out of the Dwarf kings *** himself.

A nice Cloak of lost dialogue to be passed out to all those not affected by the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-ism (cool looking cloak random writeing all over) to help the npc's remember how to talk. free enchant removals for the not so savage enchantments. Double Ad weekends to happen more often due to the unnecessary nerf to Leadership

Just a though :D probaly wont happen but be nice

First off I like your retardism day ref... lol... second, you CAN just over write the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> savage chants by dropping a new chant there for free...

Also... for the devs - dont even think about increasing zen cost to pay for you retadded ability to double your own work load and double/triple our downtime.

Rant over
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    havocw wrote: »
    All that useless patches but no one mentions if GG is out.

This game is going down the drain. What we need is new classes and new races (and Drow won't do).

Dude they are rekeasing 2x new elvish classes ... research before you type
  • Options
    wasd007wasd007 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do not think only the β test
  • Options
    tossburgertossburger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rank 4: Protect Caravan: The Astral Diamond reward for this task has been lowered to 100.
    Rank 5: Explore: The time to complete this task has been increased to 2 hours.

* Because screw you(us) players, that's why.
  • Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rodosto wrote: »
    Please dont patch this game anymore.

Every patch this game gets unplayable. Just dont touch anything.

Your post made me think of this from Ren and Stimpy. Ten minutes later I'm still laughing :D

big_red_button.jpg

Don't do eeeet you CRAZY FOOL!!!
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • Options
    w3est0fn0w3r3w3est0fn0w3r3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So Dev's? are you retarted? Like do you know how to make a stable client? One that does not crash in the middle of every important fight? and while I'm on the note of crashing how about letting me log back in at the last campfire in the dungeon I was in that at the start of teh **** instance so I have to run my tired *** all the way back to the last boss? Like really did you hire kids straight out of college for the bull**** of a game ?

Stable client and relogging back at your last point. These are two basic things that almost every MMO has that lasts a long time. GET THEM IN YOUR GAME.

I don't care about your new content or your new classes or races, what I care about is PLAYING A STABLE ****ING GAME.
  • Options
    snorchysnorchy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What an embarrassing patch lol.
  • Options
    aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    On top of the aggravating missing text issue, I also seem to experience a greatly lowered performance in Protector's Enclave (when in an instance with barely 15 people!). It's a slideshow. It wasn't like this before the patch, I had it pretty smooth whenever there was below 50 people. Has another memory leak been reintroduced, or has it never gone away and I just got lucky until now?

Things really felt much more stable before this failure of a patch.
  • Options
    wasd007wasd007 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please come by time of patch soon :D
  • Options
    vangreekvangreek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is the E_OUTOFMEMORY bug fixed?
  • Options
    rajey0402rajey0402 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aesandil wrote: »
    On top of the aggravating missing text issue, I also seem to experience a greatly lowered performance in Protector's Enclave (when in an instance with barely 15 people!). It's a slideshow. It wasn't like this before the patch, I had it pretty smooth whenever there was below 50 people. Has another memory leak been reintroduced, or has it never gone away and I just got lucky until now?

Things really felt much more stable before this failure of a patch.

You were just lucky till now.
  • Options
    xkillerknightxkillerknight Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So where are the patch notes for the performance changes you made?

Don't tell there weren't any, because there quite clearly were.

Prior to patch I had spent weeks honing my graphics settings to get the best performance I can get from a system that is lagging behind the times. My CPU would run at about 60%-80% of capacity, and my GPU would run at around 40% (idling in PE) to 80% (hectic combat in an instance).

Now, after this patch something changed. Not my settings, not my PC, something in the game.

Because everything looks and acts the same until I enter combat, and then my GPU usage drops to 1-10%, and I get around 1FPS and the game is, effectively, unplayable.

So, Cryptic, what stealth-changes did you just push out?

Because you certainly changed something that isn't listed in the Patch Notes.

All The Best

the game isnt very well optimized.
    :D
  • Options
    xkillerknightxkillerknight Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vangreek wrote: »
    Is the E_OUTOFMEMORY bug fixed?

they cant even make godd solid models, what makes you think they can fix a memory leak? :3
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    stevo6342 wrote: »
    It's one of the trolls that lives in object oriented coding. I would guess there's probably a break down in proper source code management

You think? Constant random regressions are a right Git.

Ahem.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Rank 4: Protect Caravan: The Astral Diamond reward for this task has been lowered to 100.

2 hours for an amount of AD that you can literally do nothing with. Fantastic.

Really makes you want to log in.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    a88ba88b Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i cant play i wana play but i can t say me Arc The server pactch cant be found som1 help me
  • Options
    ddguns00ddguns00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I actually want to say thanks for the last couple of patches, rather than complain like so many are doing. Looks like you've managed to free up a couple hours of my time every day with this. I don't regret too much having spent a few bucks on your lovely game, I was enjoying the novelty for a while. Then I found it was becoming something of a drudgery. So thank you for making leadership, pvp, and my cleric unbearable - your nerfs have set me free.

I may check in again a few months down the road, if nothing else is filling my days - wish you all the best.
  • Options
    levander2levander2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    aladnis wrote: »
    Learn the definition of irony and then take a class on basic reading comprehension.

Telling someone to not be something is different from telling someone they ARE something.

That is as simple as I can explain it for you. If it is still unclear to you, then we have come to an impasse and I can no longer assist you.

In any case, good luck. I know you like to grief people just because your team is p2w in PvP and are steamrolling everything in their way, while killing the remaining 2 players of the opposing force over and over at their spawn point. Because, you know, that is fairness.

You just wrote a run on sentence you pompous prick.
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't seem to be getting any notification of auto-refine AD when I log in. The AD is received, just no notification.

Also, Alchemy experiment in Gateway doesn't tell me if I've got the basic knowledge/recipe. I just get a blank icon and the word "tracker". I still get the BK/recipe (eventually) but I have to look in my inventory to make sure. Works fine in game.
  • Options
    ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been getting nothing but health potions from greater chests of goods since the patch, I understand the amount of actual useful stuff has been decreased but right now I am getting nothing useful at all anymore.

I really like this game, but a lot of the recent changes seem to push it stronger and stronger into P2W territory. There is the cleric nerf, which has been explained with "we want players to dodge and drink potions" (Buy healthstones!) Now the leadership changes, which make it harder to get professions (Buy Profession packs!) and Astral diamonds (Buy more Diamonds!). Gauntlegrym requires players to equally be able to do PvP and PvE (Buy uber gear, because the other team will do so as well and steamroll you if you don't!)

Every F2P game needs an incentive for players to regularly invest money, I know that, but NW has been already costly at the beginning and is only getting more and more costly with every patch.
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    [*]Leadership: The rewards for several tasks have been updated, as well as the contents of Leadership chests.
    [*]Rank 3: Extended Guard Duty: A medium chest has been added to the rewards for this task.
    [*]Rank 4: Protect Caravan: The Astral Diamond reward for this task has been lowered to 100.
    [*]Rank 4: Protect Local Merchant: 150 XP and a medium chest have been added to the rewards for this task.
    [*]Rank 5: Explore: The time to complete this task has been increased to 2 hours.
    [*]Rank 5: Raid Supply Cache: 450 XP has been added to the rewards for this task.
    [*]Rank 6: Protect Survey Team: 2 Silver has been added to the rewards for this task.
    [*]Small Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 1.
    [*]Medium Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 3, but the Healing Potion count has been increased to 2.
    [*]Large Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 6, but the Greater Healing Potion count has been increased to 2.
    [*]Very Large Chest: The Greater Healing Potion count given by this chest has been increased to 7.

Wow you guys hit leadership hard. :(

its working as intended no. No rewards of note unless you pay them lots of money.
  • Options
    thorny911thorny911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Been days, can we fix Pirate King already? So I can go back to not doing it because I don't need to and not because I can't.

But seriously a T2 dungeon where one can't complete the final boss (especially during delves) has got to be frustrating, certainly since it's more or less people first "easy" T2 dungeons.
  • Options
    gibblefenwickgibblefenwick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pprandom wrote: »
    Also is imposible to get materials like the swords or armor for the rest of the craft.
    Buy swords and armour from the same vendor where you get other resources and basic assets.
  • Options
    gibblefenwickgibblefenwick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ericanorth wrote: »
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, does this mean the GF will be even more impossible to damage and take out in PVP?
    aladnis wrote: »
    That is exactly what it means.

A class which is nearly indestructible in PvP is now *more* indestructible.

This is getting stupid at this point. Nerf DC healing, beef up the damage that can be done to everyone else because a class that can knock you down repeatedly and block repeatedly is just the right thing to do.

Would you allow a CW to stand at distance and rain deadly spells on you?
    Would you stand toe-to-toe with a GWF while he chops you to bits?
    Would you turn your back on a rogue and hope for the best?

With those thoughts, here's a little tip: ;)

--\.
    GF-| . . . Loser
    --/.

./--
    |-GF . . . Winner
    .\--
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Having now played for a while with the leadership nerfs, I find it irritating but not gamebreaking.

I never really used protect caravan. Why ? because I devoted all my slots to leadership at the start and whistled it up to higher levels as fast as possible.

All 5 of my characters are lvl 16+ leadership, so I get my maps out of chests and barrels (plus the rare level 8 or so task) and do the collect taxes level 12 task a lot (8 hours, 800 Ads) together with some level 16+ tasks that award 1200 or 1600 a time.

That said I still think the prolonging of the level 5 task is still very wrong, and will hamper lowbies levelling leadership up a lot.
  • Options
    wurstboiwurstboi Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Guys, your last "localization fix" changed keyboard layouts. I am on german layout, but playing english client. Now i can't write properly (english keyboard layout in client).
    And i don't want to switch to german client, because why should i?
    Please consider this.
This discussion has been closed.