Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529g.25

Comments

• Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    m4erl1n wrote: »
    because this bug affects only people who doesn't have the standard ENG-US layout. *slow clap*

That's because outside of the US, the "standard ENG-US layout" is NOT STANDARD.

<comicbookguy>Worst Patch Ever</comicbookguy>
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    darbisonhighdarbisonhigh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hahah, cryptic morons....seriously. their games are f2p for a reason.......because nobody is gonna pay monthly for this kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. bwahahaahahahahaahahahahhhhahahaahaaaaaaaahahahaahahahaahahaah *chokes*
  • Options
    marygunineveremaryguninevere Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah yes NPC ! I am new to mmo's too, but thanks for a fast reply, I will wait, perhaps monitoring this thread and use gateway ... :)

Mary
  • Options
    marygunineveremaryguninevere Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oops double posted
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Fix.your.<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Chests don't work. Wasted 2 hrs playing only to find out you can't even get your GG coins.
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You ruined the only way a normal player would have to get good AD, reducing caravan to 100 will only make more people get 50 fricking bots to collect more, while morons like me can t. You haven t fixed, temple of the spider, and haven t even tried to add a Foundry quest point system. Great weapon fighter is still a walking point blank for rougues, and Guardian fighter is now an overpowered monster. I can t buy zen from my country so the only way to get things is through AD whose are buyed from other players so ther is no point in limiting us that, because now zen won t lower their prices to half! Protect the caravan should have 200 AD 3 hours, no 100 in 2 nor 200 in 2. Also is imposible to get materials like the swords or armor for the rest of the craft.
  • Options
    m4erl1nm4erl1n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    N'ah.

If i wanted to use an ENG-US Keyboard I'd buy one.

All The Best

Once in the game you can ALT-TAB and restore the original layout. This fix will "stick" until you restart the game.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To fix the empty quest box bug you have to:

- Close the game
    - Change your keyboard layout to ENG-US
    - Open the game
    - Profit

Obviously they ****ed up hard with some "layout recognition" or something because this bug affects only people who doesn't have the standard ENG-US layout. *slow clap*

I'm pretty newblike with computers and their settings and I'm guessing others here are too , can you please give a step by step on how to do this? or basically how to change my keyboard layout? is it in the control panel and will it effect any other programmes I have installed?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »

<comicbookguy>Worst Patch Ever</comicbookguy>

I know, I'm italian and I was struggling with that bug. Sorry for posting a quick fix? o_O
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    PvP

Domination: Mount Hotenow and Rivenscar Ruins: Players may no longer target and attack players in spawn points with ranged or teleport attacks. Players in spawn points may not snipe from their perches there, either.
    considering that that isnt possible anymore, it happened quite often after the patch
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I'm pretty newblike with computers and their settings and I'm guessing others here are too , can you please give a step by step on how to do this?

Well in your "Control Panel" you should have something like "Language". Here you can set your keyboard layout to another language, in our case "English US". I have Windows 8 in italian, so I don't know if this screenshot may help you:

ejIFWC9.jpg
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Spawn campers will be happy to know, TRs at least, that you can still spawn camp the enemy. At least on the Rivenscar map
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess the question ultimately is.. is ANYTHING working in this patch? because I am seriously beginning to wonder.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    hikariyoukhikariyouk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Obviously they ****ed up hard with some "layout recognition" or something because this bug affects only people who doesn't have the standard ENG-US layout. *slow clap*

It's only standard in the standard layout in the US. It's non-standard everywhere else in the world; we have our own standard layouts.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well in your "Control Panel" you should have something like "Language". Here you can set your keyboard layout to another language, in our case "English US". I have Windows 8 in italian, so I don't know if this screenshot may help you:

ejIFWC9.jpg

YES! THANK YOU!

This works , thanks for the fix , very much appreciated ! to anyone else like me who isn't exactly computer savvy do this - open control panel - click on Regional and Language - click the Keyboards and Languages tab - click 'change keyboards' - choose English [United States] US as the default input language and apply , close the client if it is open and restart it then the game will work and the text boxes will be fixed , all credit to m4erl1n
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess the question ultimately is.. is ANYTHING working in this patch? because I am seriously beginning to wonder.

Yes, the nerfs to leadership are working as described.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    hikariyouk wrote: »
    It's only standard in the standard layout in the US. It's non-standard everywhere else in the world; we have our own standard layouts.

33942535.jpg
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Neverdeath Graveyard
    • History Lessons now properly provides progress for the Maps II achievement.

Is this retroactive?
    rapticor wrote: »
    Oh darn people can't spawn camp the other team when 3 of their members ends up leaving. Whatever shall they do?

And for a lot of people there is a reason to stay: They're only there for the daily 4 PvP matches. Why would they want to quit out of a match and start another? Quicker to just sit it out and get it over with at that point.

Agreed. I don't PvP much, and have only lost 3 members once. The remaining guy and I just went "Well, what's the point now?" We both had 3-4 kills each before we lost the others, after that it was 5 vs 1 as they kept hitting us out of spawn.
  • Options
    hellfireaxishellfireaxis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the sound of that because I would like to be able to change the race of my TR but that's impossible!
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Is this retroactive?

Yes. I got it when logging in.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

You don't mean.. there's things that aren't American? Are you some kind of dang commie liberal, boy?
  • Options
    shandareneeshandarenee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can't even cast dailies or AOE's, they keep asking for targets.
  • Options
    shandareneeshandarenee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bekey2nd wrote: »
    Various Bugs Added

Quests and Environments
    • NPCs: We've disabled all NPCs to compensate for the Gauntlgrym downtime. You may no longer be allowed to access the Auction House, Seal traders, Rhix, as well as any other Vendor and/or NPC.

Gauntlgrym
    • Gauntlgrym Reward's Chest: When successfully completing the GG Dungeon, a lucky member will be randomly chosen from the party and get exclusive denied access to the chest as well as the opportunity to be stuck in the dungeon forever. Yay.

I thought this was for real for a second...
  • Options
    wrathchild68wrathchild68 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just installed this latest patch and now when I go to talk any NPC there is just a blank window that appears where the text should be. Can't even do anything now except press ESC to back out.
  • Options
    kingramzekingramze Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What the hell? Who was complaining that Leadership needed to be nerfed? You effectively cut Leadership diamond farming in HALF. Hey, next time just make it so that each Leadership task gives out a max of 1 diamond so that it takes us even longer to afford anything. That'd be great.
  • Options
    coxjulcoxjul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So ... in order to play a broken game I've got to compromise all my other games/applications by messing around with my locale settings?

I can wait! Stupid thing is that one of the objectives of this patch was to... (wait for it) ... FIX LOCALE ISSUES! lol
  • Options
    bekey2ndbekey2nd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    -sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip-
  • Options
    aislehealzjuaislehealzju Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think the real question id like to know is. HOW DOES CHANGING A FEW LINES OF CODE TAKE UP 1 GIGABYTE OF SPACE FOR A PATCH?
  • Options
    jiguur1jiguur1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is anyone having FPS drops after this patch, dropped like hell?
    Dominatin' force of Mongolia:mad:
  • Options
    gmajorplayzgmajorplayz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, and they've screwed the chests during quests too? "No remote version of faux treasure" trying to open the final chest on a quest. Really?

How about rolling back this POS and un-nerf leadership in the process. Perhaps GF might be fixed by the time they test and re-implement.
This discussion has been closed.