test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529g.25

Comments

• Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If level 20 is the max for professions, why does level 20 crafting missions still give profession xp?
  • Options
    clownshockclownshock Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    got a new problem LOTS of npc's is like bugged no dialog comes up so cant get quest or finish any quests atm, lots of ppl hae this problem so pls check it up =)
  • Options
    mirtisaudrotimirtisaudroti Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Wow , what a coincidence , that makes 3 of us ;D

make that 4 ;), know a certain somebody in closed beta....its coming along nicely, lots of improvements from the last phase to the current one. you could bout fit the entire world of NW into half of one factions area (content and landmass wise). pvp balance i think will be fkn murder. but the freedom in how you can build your characters is a joy to behold, i could...i mean someone could literaly end up making 100 alts and none of them being remotely the same. fun fun fun! go team altoholics ;)
  • Options
    giovalainen85giovalainen85 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    b4r0ns3t3 wrote: »
    So italian, polish and turkish, and WTF happened with spanish? i couldn't believe that there were more polish than spanish speaking people. You implemented language spanish in guild finder, and now, u let it out, it's that a joke? what a shame...

this game is dead to the Spanish and South Americans, I for my part I leave until we meet, I hope you all do the same.
  • Options
    ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    tapp3r wrote: »
    Unless you fix the Clerics (give us a reason to keep playing..) in the next patch. You're gonna lose a ton of players. Right now it's literally the worst healing class in all of MMO history, we have 1, ONE, viable power and that's obviously Astral Shield. Not even exaggerating, weakest healing I've ever seen in a MMO game, also not a single anti-CC or survivability power/ability. In no other game is the healer just as easy to take down as a cloth wearing caster class. And don't say "AS is your defense", it's not a personal defense ability and you gotta cast it on the ground and stay in it (gl doing that if you're dazed or knocked down), also you need 1 pip on the divine power to cast a blue AS, which you don't have from scratch. I'm kind of sick of getting one-shotted or killed in less than 3 seconds (about how long daze lasts, or a serious of knock downs) while not being able to do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because my spells are silenced. And that's at 11k GS.

As a Cleric Player myself, I do hear you and agree PVP at level 60 is much harder and not as fun as it was at lower levels. (Yes, leveled at least 20 levels easy just playing PvP). I do believe the cleric does need to be looked at especially at making some of the other Powers more worthwhile to bring into PvP or PvE dungeons. Bastion of Health could use some help to make it worthwhile - lower CD or more HP returned. Perhaps Instant Astral Seal like Brand of the Sun would certainly be an upgrade. Or some other less used powers to be considered for a creative upgrade in some way.

But honestly, this patch was not for class balancing. It was for making Neverwinter Available in other languages and to get Gauntlgrym up and playable again after a WEEK of NO ACCESS since their opening day. Let's just enjoy they they are trying to get this new feature up and working "AS INTENTED" before we rage about what is not here.

The Day of the Clerics will come...I hope.
  • Options
    kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    Clerics will be better when they have better gear selections. Look at what they have now? It is ****.
    Now on the other hand, if they had a set like gf's steel hauberk, and they could tank and heal, with some offense, then yes, they would be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, especially with their daily hammer.
    They would not be godly at all, since they will still take beatings to the face, but their lasting ability would be much, much better.
    The class I would say is fine, they get eq of clerics to par with gf, or offensive ones to par with TR, then clerics would actually be rather nice. That is the baseline problems with the three classes that aren't gf and tr.
  • Options
    dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gorrund wrote: »
    Wow, Leadership which was already tedious, but at least rewarding in some ways just became irritating. The least inefficient way to rank up was a few level 5 Explore Local Area, then 9 Chart Region when you have enough maps. Then 14 Combine Maps to get some region maps. I've been working at that since beginning of open beta and just hit lvl 16. I do other professions as well so only used a couple slots for Leadership. For just leveling, War Game Training seems the only way to go..but that last 8 hours and you end up missing rares.

Excellent job on punishing the many because of a few. Seems to be the predominant way to handle every problem.

Considering that up until a couple of weeks ago Chart Region gave a BoS as reward I am going to have to call bull ****.
  • Options
    joangruberjoangruber Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiadannah wrote: »
    This is something that was posted : Don't take me the wrong way, I understand what you're trying to say, but the fact of the matter is that they should punish quitting a match, not punish those who stay and take the beating. It's really hard to win a match with 4 people, when it was already hard with 5. See where I'm getting here?

No, they should not punish quitters. The developers have forced us to play with often 2-4 bots on our team, leaving us badly outnumbered in a fight. There is no reason to have to suffer this. If I am on a team with 2 or more bots, I will leave it. I will not support the bots.

I agree with the bot statement, however, the right way to fixing this would be allowing kicking in the party, problem solved. And maybe make it vote kick, so it won't be abused as much.
    Secondly, I will also leave at one other time in the game. If at the start, the people in my group all huddle on the back node.. that will instantly screw over the party. The initial charge will gather two nodes for the team. You huddle in the back, and you have no choice but to start the game in a losing situation, and then you find yourself fighting for 1, and only 1 node, with getting no points, and the enemy team getting a lot of free points. Its why my team wins so much. I charge like a maniac, and they rarely ever reach the second node. However if my team wants to screw me over, I leave them. They can suffer their own mess.

This is exactly what should be punished, you are there to play with others. You are not alone. If you suffer a loss, then you take it like a man (or a woman, idk). You may want to inform other players of your tactics in advance also, this makes a huge difference. And by this I don't mean the normal "omg what are you doing", "noobs", thing. That doesn't help. At all.
    Anyway, this is needed said.

Ditto.
  • Options
    mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    clownshock wrote: »
    got a new problem LOTS of npc's is like bugged no dialog comes up so cant get quest or finish any quests atm, lots of ppl hae this problem so pls check it up =)

Yup, there's many people reporting this. Awesome ....
  • Options
    xkillerknightxkillerknight Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What about the player model bugs?
    When you wear a cloak it flys forward instead of waving backwards.
    When you sit most of your clothes stays still and legs come out of it. (Add an animation for that D:)

Whats up with 200 AD to 100?
    Leadership was awesome till now....
    THATS NOT GOOD. seriously :(....

and where the heck is the memory leak fix for protectors enclave? :S

This game was a good experience for me till this patch.
    I WAS A HUGE FAN WITHIN 3 DAYS. FFS.

also, the memory fix please? ....
  • Options
    rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Another ****ed up patch.

NPC's wont work, lag spikes, launcher wont work as expected and game itself freezes when i try to interact with NPCs or anything.

Why every patch is **** incomplete? Why are you trying so hard to kill the game? If you can't do it right, then pass rights to another company that does better job than you.
  • Options
    alkieraalkiera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gorrund wrote: »
    Wow, Leadership which was already tedious, but at least rewarding in some ways just became irritating. The least inefficient way to rank up was a few level 5 Explore Local Area, then 9 Chart Region when you have enough maps. Then 14 Combine Maps to get some region maps. I've been working at that since beginning of open beta and just hit lvl 16. I do other professions as well so only used a couple slots for Leadership. For just leveling, War Game Training seems the only way to go..but that last 8 hours and you end up missing rares.

Excellent job on punishing the many because of a few. Seems to be the predominant way to handle every problem.

Regarding missing rares; I have yet to see a leadership rare worth the time to complete. Most of them look like they generated a level 4 rare by taking a level 8 task, reducing the asset requirement, reducing the reward, the tripling the required time. There are a couple that aren't horrible if you're not going to be able to play for awhile (sleep, work/school, etc) and just want the reward, but most of the time there is a similar/better option among the normal tasks.
  • Options
    dogo1323dogo1323 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't talk to Rhix, or any other NPC for that matter.

No text shows up, and if I press 1 to hopefully ghost-advance my way everything stops working.

Please pay your programmers more and your bosses less so we don't have to have 3 patches in 3 days.

Thank you.
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tapp3r wrote: »
    Unless you fix the Clerics (give us a reason to keep playing..) in the next patch. You're gonna lose a ton of players. Right now it's literally the worst healing class in all of MMO history, we have 1, ONE, viable power and that's obviously Astral Shield. Not even exaggerating, weakest healing I've ever seen in a MMO game, also not a single anti-CC or survivability power/ability. In no other game is the healer just as easy to take down as a cloth wearing caster class. And don't say "AS is your defense", it's not a personal defense ability and you gotta cast it on the ground and stay in it (gl doing that if you're dazed or knocked down), also you need 1 pip on the divine power to cast a blue AS, which you don't have from scratch. I'm kind of sick of getting one-shotted or killed in less than 3 seconds (about how long daze lasts, or a serious of knock downs) while not being able to do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because my spells are silenced. And that's at 11k GS.

My Cleric can solo heal every dungeon. I admit the proc-based healing of our only paragon tree is offputting at first, but once you get used to it a DC is a very effective healer so long as the other players understand how to get healed(ie attack things with Astral Seal on them, Stay in Blue Astral Shield circles, stay near mob when low for Forgemaster Flame's small radius massive heal and of course pop potions at the right times when needed.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    uhm...regarding the missed texts...this had been reported on the preview forum boards before the patch went live. Do the devs not even bother to read what the players on the preview server (Mimic) are finding?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    misterzacmisterzac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't patch. I get the following error message; A file was locked that could not be open for writing (Error 36).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gorrundgorrund Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    Considering that up until a couple of weeks ago Chart Region gave a BoS as reward I am going to have to call bull ****.

Yeah, and? This was changed shortly after I hit level 9. I do have some Bills of Sale sitting in my inventory, but most of it has been District Maps. I have only hit lvl14 recently so the fix came in well before I needed it. So how exactly is this bs? What exactly does it matter to the point of the post anyway? Explore and Chart both gave 40xp/hour. So now to do chart you have to do 6 hours at 20xp/hr to get enough maps. Not worth it.
  • Options
    konidragoskonidragos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    My Cleric can solo heal every dungeon. I admit the proc-based healing of our only paragon tree is offputting at first, but once you get used to it a DC is a very effective healer so long as the other players understand how to get healed(ie attack things with Astral Seal on them, Stay in Blue Astral Shield circles, stay near mob when low for Forgemaster Flame's small radius massive heal and of course pop potions at the right times when needed.

You forgot stay the hell out of the red!! I was about ready to stick a TR with his own knives last night.
  • Options
    aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Argh. Only blank windows for Wondrous Bazar, Auction Broker, Rhix, and (from what I hear) a plethora of other NPCs? I guess the text went on vacation. Not much point in playing until that's corrected.

******* it, really. It seemed like a patch that at the very least tried to tackle some of the minor issues and bring about a few improvements/updates, yet instead it manages to introduce new bugs (as if we haven't had enough of the old ones). What was the Preview for, and is the QA team over there actually doing anything productive?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    uhm...regarding the missed texts...this had been reported on the preview forum boards before the patch went live. Do the devs not even bother to read what the players on the preview server (Bimic) are finding?

Haha that would be silly. I mean that make having people test it worthwhile, and not just for stress testing.

Gorund: Open beta has been around for more than 2 weeks. Keep the hyperbole in your pants. ;)
  • Options
    dpglerchdpglerch Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If the patch today was 900+ mbs what was that gigs worth of prepatch = 2 gigs for this little bit, not likely

Thanks for the patch i just want to know why you are taking so much (I got the room that's not the problem) isn't the initial install around 4 gigs?
  • Options
    itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    OK AFTER PATCH FAIL..

This is what happens when I attempt to use ANY seal vendor (in this case the unicorn/drake seal vendor)

R29QbvV.jpg

Have to spam hit escape key to get out.

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

Welcome to the last 15 pages.
  • Options
    fraktalquarilfraktalquaril Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same. after the patch i cant talk to NPC, i see a blank window
  • Options
    xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    still no fix to the DC's 4 set bonus to Miracle healer set?..it's been broken since day 1...PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...either fix the effect, or reword the tool tip...come on guys!!!!!
  • Options
    konidragoskonidragos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    itsneo wrote: »
    OK AFTER PATCH FAIL..

This is what happens when I attempt to use ANY seal vendor (in this case the unicorn/drake seal vendor)

Have to spam hit escape key to get out.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?373811-Patch-Notes-NW-3-20130529g-22&p=4746571&viewfull=1#post4746571 <
    kinda like this?
    I'm surprised custom keyboards are working tbh
  • Options
    xenniusxennius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've not seen it mentioned in any of the previous 15 pages+ but what about fixing the notoriously bugged health pots in PVP?! Nearly every match I play (and i play a lot) has at least 1 (often 2 or more) health pots that simply do NOT work when you pass over them, stand on them, jump up and down on them - nothing! I have reported this many many times and STILL they remain broken. The only way to heal without a cleric on your team is to suicide and respawn! WTF!?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I predict a new patch tomorrow to fix today's broken patch - the missing text is pretty much a showstopper.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    survivorczsurvivorcz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tomorrow? this should be patched ASAP, the game is unplayable without texts. I can't even take things from chests after completing quest....
  • Options
    kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kiadannah View Post

Secondly, I will also leave at one other time in the game. If at the start, the people in my group all huddle on the back node.. that will instantly screw over the party. The initial charge will gather two nodes for the team. You huddle in the back, and you have no choice but to start the game in a losing situation, and then you find yourself fighting for 1, and only 1 node, with getting no points, and the enemy team getting a lot of free points. Its why my team wins so much. I charge like a maniac, and they rarely ever reach the second node. However if my team wants to screw me over, I leave them. They can suffer their own mess.

This is the response that was written. one day i will learn how to use the forums - This is exactly what should be punished, you are there to play with others. You are not alone. If you suffer a loss, then you take it like a man (or a woman, idk). You may want to inform other players of your tactics in advance also, this makes a huge difference. And by this I don't mean the normal "omg what are you doing", "noobs", thing. That doesn't help. At all.

Yes I am there to play with others. I am not there to be screwed over by my team. If they do not want to play pvp to win, I will not sacrifice the points I get, experience I get charging, and suiciding for no reason, when they aren't there to take the node / support from ranged etc.
    There is no party or group in this instance, its only me trying to win for the team, even at the cost of my own points / gains from being in the pvp match. I will not be the only person on the team trying to win.
This discussion has been closed.