Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529g.25

Comments

• Options
    aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    saultbawlz wrote: »
    It's all good except the pvp one, now they can hide in their spawn when they know they're gonna lose and we can't do anything about it. Atleast before we could get to them if they tried that and force them to keep fighting.
    Yeah, because shooting fish in a barrel is how it's supposed to go.

You already have the win. You don't need to add insult to injury by camping people at their spawn points.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • Options
    al3xdentonal3xdenton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pednick wrote: »
    I know it's hard enough getting AD and they lower it again, morons.

Problem could be that with potentialy 50 character slots open, leadership might be a bit too powerful.
    When I can understand this potential problem, nerfing leadership to the ground just penalizes legit players, 50 characters bot accounts will just farm AD a bit slower...
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do not see a fix for savage enchantments.
  • Options
    bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think we should patch everyday. I heard "a patch a day keeps the bots away."
  • Options
    saultbawlzsaultbawlz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aladnis wrote: »
    Yeah, because shooting fish in a barrel is how it's supposed to go.

You already have the win. You don't need to add insult to injury by camping people at their spawn points.
    i disagree, "him or her" shouldn't give up, how would all pvp matches be if as soon as the team noticed they had no chance they all hid in their spawn to collect their glory and get the match over faster so they can join a team they know will win.
  • Options
    joangruberjoangruber Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's all good except the pvp one, now they can hide in their spawn when they know they're gonna lose and we can't do anything about it. Atleast before we could get to them if they tried that and force them to keep fighting.

What now? If 1-2 people on my team leave, I should keep running down for you to kill? How is that supposed to go out, I should magically be able to win that fight? As far as I know, that campsite should be a safe haven, and the way people get into the campsite and start slaughtering is your idea of forcing them to play? You are not just trying to get more score, so you can get the blue item? Please, you sir are ridicilous. It's bad enough to play with a team of quitters, I don't need to get humiliated by getting slaughtered over and over again. Also, here's a nice quote to you from "Terms of Service", maybe you've read them?

"(l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,"
  • Options
    bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sangrine wrote: »
    Where is the fix for savage enchantments?

I saw a post before that they will address it soon. These notes seem very familiar to me.
  • Options
    baal68baal68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I still don't see a fix to the launcher issues either
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    YaY! I'm eighth, always wanted to be an eight. it's so similar to being infinity, and um, who does not want to live forever???

thanks for GG tho.

EDIT: CRIES. in the time it took to type this I am no longer 8th, Well maybe one day, my dream of being eighth will come true too. Like facebook boys dream of being first.

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

slaine013 wrote: »
    Leathership is hardest profession to level up, and you nerf it? It wasnt necessary i think

It's easy to level to about 13 then insanely tedious later, I can level any of the other 4 original professions 1-20 faster than I can level leadership 19-20.

The only change I think is hideous is the nerfing of the 1 hour task. The reason I do that task is if there's nothing among the rare tasks I want to do when I'm level 5-11 (or higher when I don't have a spare tier 3 resource) just for something to do while the rares change, it also nerfs the level 9 task virtually out of existence which needs 3 local maps, they just become too difficult to obtain.

This is a nasty moneygrabbing P2W change IMO as it means you MUST have spare T3 resources to earn leadership XP at a decent rate, and since they're so much work to obtain, it looks like we're being forced to buy them to progress.

Since you were always limited to only doing the same task 3 times, this change was completely unnecessary IMO.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i disagree, "him or her" shouldn't give up, how would all pvp matches be if as soon as the team noticed they had no chance they all hid in their spawn to collect their glory and get the match over faster so they can join a team they know will win.

I think what you are looking for is the spawn point timeout thing. I don't recall which games, but I know some where if you stand in the safe area too long it will kick you back to town as though you were idle.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This game is dying, but they are giving you the illusion that they give a **** about your feedback and nothing could be further from the truth.

The devs do not listen. They simply do not. If they did, the critical and game-breaking issues being posted about on these forums day in and day out, week in and week out, would be getting addressed before ridiculous items like nerfing leadership. Again, with the leadership nerf, they show that they only truly care about their cash-flow.

In a few months time, people will say "Hey! Remember that flop of a game with so much potential that fell flat because the devs were too immersed in making money rather than fixing issues to keep the cash coming in?! Yeah, I think it was called Dungeons and Dragons: Neverfixedproperly or something."
    Fletchette F. Fletch
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sweet , now that Leadership has been rendered useless I can concentrate on Alchemy .
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not too shabby , keep up the good work .
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    joangruber wrote: »
    What now? If 1-2 people on my team leave, I should keep running down for you to kill? How is that supposed to go out, I should magically be able to win that fight? As far as I know, that campsite should be a safe haven, and the way people get into the campsite and start slaughtering is your idea of forcing them to play? You are not just trying to get more score, so you can get the blue item? Please, you sir are ridicilous. It's bad enough to play with a team of quitters, I don't need to get humiliated by getting slaughtered over and over again. Also, here's a nice quote to you from "Terms of Service", maybe you've read them?

"(l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,"
    Well you can rest easy, you can hide in your spawn now when ur team is losing, if everyone would rather have that then who am i to argue against it. It's just my opinion is all.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah. I guess people don't just leave matches these days, either.

It's not fair to a losing team that you camp them at a spawn area and kill them as soon as they respawn. It's not very sportsman-like and it's not very fun for the losing team. Encourage them to fight, don't be a belligerent idiot who camps them and greifs them repeatedly just because you can.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
  • Options
    deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    QQ Clerics are now useless
    QQ Leadership is now useless
    QQ I am also useless
    QQ Devs this is it, I quit
    QQ No really I mean it this time
    QQ Im leaving for real
    QQ Dont try and stop me
    QQ Ok then, thats it
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bostish wrote: »
    I think what you are looking for is the spawn point timeout thing. I don't recall which games, but I know some where if you stand in the safe area too long it will kick you back to town as though you were idle.
    GREAT IDEA, i'd prefer them losing all their glory for quitting than be forced to fight. Thank you now i can stop being chastised for my thoughts on it.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    <-- extremely annoyed at the AD nerf on the leadership profession

I don't really get a whole lot of time to play so doing 4 dungeons/skirmishes/PvP/foundry's much less all of them for the daily rewards is pretty much out of the question, while the profession is something i can do while not at the computer so i can actually generate AD on it. good to see you kicking me in the face here, that **** hurts.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    joangruberjoangruber Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well you can rest easy, you can hide in your spawn now when ur team is losing, if everyone would rather have that then who am i to argue against it. It's just my opinion is all.

Don't take me the wrong way, I understand what you're trying to say, but the fact of the matter is that they should punish quitting a match, not punish those who stay and take the beating. It's really hard to win a match with 4 people, when it was already hard with 5. See where I'm getting here?
  • Options
    konidragoskonidragos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deacon777 wrote: »
    QQ Clerics are now useless

Guess I better read the patch notes again - unless they are QQ'ing about the previous patch still, as yet I havent had a problem with my DC *shrug*

EDIT: Phew no changes, I can go back to having no problem with my class :cool:
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they show that they only truly care about their cash-flow.

This!!!!!!
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah. I guess people don't just leave matches these days, either.

It's not fair to a losing team that you camp them at a spawn area and kill them as soon as they respawn. It's not very sportsman-like and it's not very fun for the losing team. Encourage them to fight, don't be a belligerent idiot who camps them and greifs them repeatedly just because you can.
    I haven't called you names why are you calling me names? It's uncalled for. As someone said there should be a timeout at spawn thing, i agree with that over forcing them to fight.
  • Options
    serpentussserpentuss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    Nice news...Castle Never finally fixed so we'll not have those exploiters around anymore. But pls fix pvp balance...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I haven't called you names why are you calling me names? It's uncalled for. As someone said there should be a timeout at spawn thing, i agree with that over forcing them to fight.
    I didn't call you a name.

Calling you a name would be "you are an idiot." I said "...don't be a belligerent idiot."

There is a massive difference in that.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    serpentuss wrote: »
    Nice news...Castle Never finally fixed so we'll not have those exploiters around anymore. But pls fix pvp balance...

The last boss exploit was not fixed at all nor the spider exploit . They only kinda fixed the shortcuts lol.
  • Options
    amphitryoamphitryo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    =( Y U NERF Protect Caravan? That was the best one.
    Also, GF buff? Have you played PvP? You can't even damage them behind them while they're blocking. Since when is a shield a bubble?
  • Options
    itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    This game is dying, but they are giving you the illusion that they give a **** about your feedback and nothing could be further from the truth.

The devs do not listen. They simply do not. If they did, the critical and game-breaking issues being posted about on these forums day in and day out, week in and week out, would be getting addressed before ridiculous items like nerfing leadership. Again, with the leadership nerf, they show that they only truly care about their cash-flow.

In a few months time, people will say "Hey! Remember that flop of a game with so much potential that fell flat because the devs were too immersed in making money rather than fixing issues to keep the cash coming in?! Yeah, I think it was called Dungeons and Dragons: Neverfixedproperly or something."

Take it easy on the Dev's. It's not their fault. They are paid developers who are required to follow instruction given to them from both Cryptic and ESPECIALLY PW's Executives. You know, the guys in the blue suits with their hands in all our pockets, and the sly, devilish smirk on their faces.

Also, the community team, well, it's not their fault either, they read, they inform, they even plead on our behalf. But the suits see only the potential to **** our bank accounts. It's fine. You know why? Because you have the CHOICE to play, the CHOICE to pay, and the CHOICE to fade away. But do so silently, and let the "Devs" do what they are paid to do. (follow instructions - 'fix' what they are told to 'fix', and when to 'fix' it, and how to 'fix' it.)

Developers need love too you know. Hug a developer today.

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

All i know is that i wont be lvl ing leadership anymore.. ill do alchemy instead - its 100x more worth the time.

Leadership needed boost not nerfs. Boxes with hp potions? Who the hell needs hp potions if you can CRAFT or BUY them + they drop alot.
    The 1h mission to 2h was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> aswell - it removed obne of the best exp missions at med leadership levels (80xp/hour with some extras).
This discussion has been closed.