test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529g.25

Comments

• Options
    brostenbrosten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I laffed at some of the wordings :-)

- "Lair of the Pirate King: Due to increased dungeon safety standards, enemies in the third part of this dungeon are now much less susceptible to being knocked off the edge."

- "Temple of the Spider: Lord Jevahn Jhalvar has sealed up his doorframe to prevent crafty adventurers from sneaking past him."

Good to see some humor in there too :-)
  • Options
    saved1981saved1981 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    quit losing to 5 year olds then.
    Not my fault if the other 4 mates weren't at the level (or were DC like me) or the 5yo spent his grandma annuity on a pay2win pvp system.
  • Options
    aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tapp3r wrote: »
    Unless you fix the Clerics (give us a reason to keep playing..) in the next patch. You're gonna lose a ton of players. Right now it's literally the worst healing class in all of MMO history, we have 1, ONE, viable power and that's obviously Astral Shield. Not even exaggerating, weakest healing I've ever seen in a MMO game, also not a single anti-CC or survivability power/ability. In no other game is the healer just as easy to take down as a cloth wearing caster class. And don't say "AS is your defense", it's not a personal defense ability and you gotta cast it on the ground and stay in it (gl doing that if you're dazed or knocked down). I'm kind of sick of getting one-shotted or killed in less than 3 seconds (about how long daze lasts, or a serious of knock downs) while not being able to do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because my spells are silenced. And that's at 11k GS.
    Exactly this.^^^
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • Options
    saultbawlzsaultbawlz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aladnis wrote: »
    In the same instance, I'd say that if you cannot use proper grammar and punctuation, that you should definitely use a spellchecker before you reply to me.

See how that works?

The game is broken. Shortcuts in nearly every dungeon. Where is the challenge? PvP is ridiculously broken. Why no fix? Your healers have a "skill" that reduces heals on themselves by FORTY PERCENT!! Yes, 40% reduced heals on yourself from your own heals. Seriously? Was someone smoking crack when they thought that up?

Rogues killing anything and everything from stealth. Heck, rogues can stay in stealth and throw knives for 16k crits (watch any video on this on youtube) and that isn't broken?

Also, I think you do not understand what "Role Playing Game" means. It doesn't mean "a game works a certain way." It means that you act, talk and think in a manner consistent with the time period set forth in the game. It means playing a role. It means not running around, shouting "LOL i 4m t3h bes7! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!111!".

In conclusion, before you try to insult someone by telling them to go play another game which you obviously consider to be a child's game... sit back and reflect on the fact that you are playing a video game to begin with. A game. Children play games.
    The irony, you just said "don't be a belligerent idiot" then said you weren't calling someone an idiot. I'd like to point you in the direction of a dictionary for the word "be"
  • Options
    ahernnahernn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    man is this done yet i wanna rip some neverwinter..
  • Options
    drunkbumdrunkbum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Combat and Powers

Guardian Fighter
    • Block: Extremely high amounts of damage no longer break through Block when the player has plenty of the Block meter remaining.
    • Block: When Block is broken, the damage is now more significantly reduced by the amount of Block meter remaining before the meter breaking hit.

great, so GFs will be even harder to kill in pvp huh... who thought this was ok?
  • Options
    icetyger1icetyger1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    PS: Failwhale.

SO does this mean that Tasks I started before the Maintenance will now give the updated rewards. Some of them take far to much time. ie to make a rank 2 operative you have to make 4 rank 1 first, at 18 hours each it takes you a total of 90 Hours to make one rank 2.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    saultbawlz wrote: »
    The irony, you just said "don't be a belligerent idiot" then said you weren't calling someone an idiot. I'd like to point you in the direction of a dictionary for the word "be"
    Learn the definition of irony and then take a class on basic reading comprehension.

Telling someone to not be something is different from telling someone they ARE something.

That is as simple as I can explain it for you. If it is still unclear to you, then we have come to an impasse and I can no longer assist you.

In any case, good luck. I know you like to grief people just because your team is p2w in PvP and are steamrolling everything in their way, while killing the remaining 2 players of the opposing force over and over at their spawn point. Because, you know, that is fairness.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
  • Options
    tapp3rtapp3r Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    Where, in ANY of my statement, did I say to nerf clerics?

My statement reflected on that which was DONE already. Not that which I wish to be done. I play a cleric... do you think I wish to have my class nerfed?

Please do realize that you didn't mention that you reflected on that which was done already, and that sarcasm is hard to read in text. You wrote it in a way that makes it look like you want these changes to happen. There's not a single thing in your text that suggests sarcasm or that you DON'T want those things to be fixed. So please, either add something like *sarcasm*, or work on your sarcasm and make it more obvious. Cause the devs, and everyone else, is gonna read it as if you really want the DC to be nerfed again, and everyone else boosted. Sorry for misunderstanding, but you didn't make it easy..
  • Options
    timmentimmen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder how many whiners that say they quit actually does. Lots of them seem to be on the forum continuing whinin in absurdum.
    I don
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ahernn wrote: »
    man is this done yet i wanna rip some neverwinter..
    Light a match afterward.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
  • Options
    dercavadercava Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unless you fix the Clerics (give us a reason to keep playing..) in the next patch. You're gonna lose a ton of players. Right now it's literally the worst healing class in all of MMO history, we have 1, ONE, viable power and that's obviously Astral Shield. Not even exaggerating, weakest healing I've ever seen in a MMO game, also not a single anti-CC or survivability power/ability. In no other game is the healer just as easy to take down as a cloth wearing caster class. And don't say "AS is your defense", it's not a personal defense ability and you gotta cast it on the ground and stay in it (gl doing that if you're dazed or knocked down). I'm kind of sick of getting one-shotted or killed in less than 3 seconds (about how long daze lasts, or a serious of knock downs) while not being able to do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because my spells are silenced. And that's at 11k GS.

Clerics are fine, l2p
    Cyclop.. and I like coffee
  • Options
    drunkbumdrunkbum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    saultbawlz wrote: »

lol sum1 named "saultbawlz" is correcting sum1 elses grammer thats when you know you're a ****in <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ;P
  • Options
    fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    No fixes to gateway bug that stops progress in alchemy?
  • Options
    bobrawksbobrawks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GF gets a buff

DC are broken as hell, only useful one is a P2W DC.

Guess i'm done with this game :o
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Please do realize that you didn't mention that you reflected on that which was done already, and that sarcasm is hard to read in text.
    So you have knowledge of the difficulty in detecting sarcasm in text, yet you jumped on the offensive rather than asking me to clarify my statement for you first? Okay, I get that.
    You wrote it in a way that makes it look like you want these changes to happen. There's not a single thing in your text that suggests sarcasm
    I disagree. The line where I said "because it's the right thing to do" was dripping with sarcasm. Even in text, as another person stated earlier. They replied to you and said "he was being sarcastic." If that person detected it, why not you?
    or that you DON'T want those things to be fixed. So please, either add something like *sarcasm*, or work on your sarcasm and make it more obvious. Cause the devs, and everyone else, is gonna read it as if you really want the DC to be nerfed again, and everyone else boosted.
    I do not have to add sarcasm tags to my posts. If you can't pick the sarcasm up, that is on you. I do not have to define it in any way, shape or form.

And the devs realize it's sarcasm, I am sure, as did another reply already.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
  • Options
    swoods74swoods74 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    y kill leadership? very very bad men!
  • Options
    lathiezanlllathiezanll Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So why is there no fix for my Unstoppable bug in PVP. This morning i played 4 pvp games and out of those 4 i encoutered 3 times the unstoppable bug. Are you kidding me?? As soon this bug kicks in the game is lost for me and mostly also for the rest of the team.

Fix this!!

Also, GF gets a buff , are you serious?!?!

Its about time you think about the GWF class a bit more because its very lame to level all the way 60 and get your gear up to 12K with a stone and you still arent welcome for a CN run.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Anyway, I am disappointed in the patch today. It didn't do anything truly constructive for the game.

I'm off to watch a movie. Or some television. Maybe Pokemon or Hello Kitty will be on today.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
  • Options
    chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well this seals the deal. I'm taking my friend's advice and going with him to this other game we've been interested in as soon as it comes out. Guess PWE doesn't want more of my money... oh well.
  • Options
    gharetgharet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Sweet , now that Leadership has been rendered useless I can concentrate on Alchemy .

Just don't collect your result from the Gateway on your xp-granting task, or you'll be stuck and not able to progress. And they won't fix it in 2 patches.
  • Options
    morphizzlemorphizzle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rhix is bugged...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well this seals the deal. I'm taking my friend's advice and going with him to this other game we've been interested in as soon as it comes out. Guess PWE doesn't want more of my money... oh well.
    TESO?

If so, see you there in the future!
    Fletchette F. Fletch
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    morphizzle wrote: »
    rhix is bugged...

It appears that all NPC's are missing their text.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TESO?

If so, see you there in the future!

Wow , what a coincidence , that makes 3 of us ;D
  • Options
    flynnieflynnie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First off to all the people that will call me a QQer go head but it seems to me that just the Guardian Fighter and some of the other feats have no been working since the start of open beta.

Since I am a fan of PWE's awesome description of skills... I may be wrong about some, however some clearly do not work to some degree. As such, a class I would like to play, I feel put off from please simply for the fact that these really good tanking skills do not work.

I'm not asking the Devs to fix it right this moment but at least some acknowledgement of these bugs and a time frame for the fix.

I have also submitted a ticket about the skills a week ago it has yet to be even looked at.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    morphizzle wrote: »
    rhix is bugged...

It's not just Rhix, looks like this was released almost completely untested. I tried 2 foundry quests and in both of them the first contact's dialog boxes were completely blank, same as Rhix.
  • Options
    kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    This is something that was posted : Don't take me the wrong way, I understand what you're trying to say, but the fact of the matter is that they should punish quitting a match, not punish those who stay and take the beating. It's really hard to win a match with 4 people, when it was already hard with 5. See where I'm getting here?

No, they should not punish quitters. The developers have forced us to play with often 2-4 bots on our team, leaving us badly outnumbered in a fight. There is no reason to have to suffer this. If I am on a team with 2 or more bots, I will leave it. I will not support the bots.
    Especially when 1, there are so many. paid bot programs can be gotten from mmoviper. Free bot programs gotten from neverwinterhack.com. So many people have them. I just did a quick search and found these two and there are more.
    Reason being, these characters are sold online, or likely (as me and my friends bet, cryptic will sell soon characters premade at level 60 lol) such as this person is doing - www.epicnpc.com/neverwinter-accounts-buy-sell-trade/518647-neverwinter-selling-level-60s.html

I wont support this, and I will leave the party immediately. To be more accurate, if I get a pre-made party together and we are facing a team with multiple bots, they have no choice but lose. They cant compete, no matter what they do. Often times all of their members stay. Very rarely do any of them get so much as a single experience point. Yes they should have left.

Secondly, I will also leave at one other time in the game. If at the start, the people in my group all huddle on the back node.. that will instantly screw over the party. The initial charge will gather two nodes for the team. You huddle in the back, and you have no choice but to start the game in a losing situation, and then you find yourself fighting for 1, and only 1 node, with getting no points, and the enemy team getting a lot of free points. Its why my team wins so much. I charge like a maniac, and they rarely ever reach the second node. However if my team wants to screw me over, I leave them. They can suffer their own mess.

We are players in this game, those of us that are not bots. Some of us play to win. They do not play to say 'oh, its good of you to join us, now that we are down, enemy team has us routed already, we can go ahead and try to fight back now since you suddenly want to play.

Heh.

Also, if my team is doing so badly that I have 0 points in a match, and our camp is being camped as it were, then no I wont remain again. Staying to end will see me with 0 exp and glory, no matter how much I participated. The reason I should stay is?

Anyway, this is needed said.
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dercava wrote: »
    Clerics are fine, l2p
    Well, it is the worst healing class in MMO history. Which is kinda sad, considering D&D is the mother of all RPGs.
    But, I've still enjoyed playing a DC and it felt more like a D&D cleric than TR felt like a D&D rogue.
  • Options
    ashmanhafeezashmanhafeez Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fine with the GF buff up, but do something about the Tene enchantment. LOL. that's totally overkill. QQ
This discussion has been closed.