What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529g.25

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Combat and Powers

Guardian Fighter
  • Block: Extremely high amounts of damage no longer break through Block when the player has plenty of the Block meter remaining.
  • Block: When Block is broken, the damage is now more significantly reduced by the amount of Block meter remaining before the meter breaking hit.

Misc.
  • General: Powers, Feats, and effects that adjust cooldowns, such as Dazzling Blades and the Master Duelist set bonus for the Trickster Rogue, now adjust cooldowns by the proper amount.
  • Skills: Arcana, Dungeoneering, Thievery, and Religion now have unique icons.

Foundry
  • Story Editor: Several cases have been addressed where dragging a component between maps would create undeletable components.
  • Well-Informed Barmaids now properly show Featured quests.
  • Well-Informed Barmaids now properly show the first quest in a campaign.
  • Well-Informed Barmaids now properly show the player's language in their default search.

Localization
  • In the German locale, the Y key now toggles the Quest Path and the Z key now opens the Zen Market.
  • Italian, Polish, and Turkish locales are now available with text translation.
  • Italian, Polish, and Turkish language versions of the intro cinematic are now available for viewing (and listening).
  • The Neverwinter client now properly detects installed keyboards with non-English locale settings and binds keys appropriately.

Professions
  • High-tier Arm slot pieces no longer require Tier 2 dungeon resources.
  • The tasks that make the high-tier Arm slot pieces now require the piece to be upgraded. These tasks are now always visible.
  • Alchemy: Experimentation tasks now display their potential rewards on the Summary screen.
  • Leadership: The rewards for several tasks have been updated, as well as the contents of Leadership chests.
  • Rank 3: Extended Guard Duty: A medium chest has been added to the rewards for this task.
  • Rank 4: Protect Caravan: The Astral Diamond reward for this task has been lowered to 100.
  • Rank 4: Protect Local Merchant: 150 XP and a medium chest have been added to the rewards for this task.
  • Rank 5: Explore: The time to complete this task has been increased to 2 hours.
  • Rank 5: Raid Supply Cache: 450 XP has been added to the rewards for this task.
  • Rank 6: Protect Survey Team: 2 Silver has been added to the rewards for this task.
  • Small Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 1.
  • Medium Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 3, but the Healing Potion count has been increased to 2.
  • Large Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 6, but the Greater Healing Potion count has been increased to 2.
  • Very Large Chest: The Greater Healing Potion count given by this chest has been increased to 7.
  • Profession Pack reward windows now properly inherit the color of the best item in the pack.
  • The Alchemy promotion in Profession Packs has ended.

Quests and Environments

Protector's Enclave
  • Moonstone Mask: The security on the VIP area of the Moonstone Mask has been beefed up.

Tower District
  • Cloak Tower: Campfires now only act as respawn points after defeating the minibosses preceding them.
  • Cloak Tower: There is now a gate after Makred. It opens upon defeating him.

Blackdagger Ruins
  • A dip in terrain next to Blackdagger Keep has been smoothed out. It is no longer possible to become stuck in that location.
  • Several quests have been updated to have proper "Return" objectives.
  • Several spawns have been cleared out from frequently traveled pathways.
  • Some locations that previously displayed flickering characters and objects have been addressed.
  • Hidden Cove: The Religion skill node in this instance is no longer blocked by an invisible wall.
  • Cragmire Crypts: The introductory quest to this dungeon no longer requires a turn-in.

Neverdeath Graveyard
  • There is no longer an invisible wall blocking a Religion skill node.
  • History Lessons has had another flow improvement. The scrolls are now more visible and the objective order is clearer.
  • History Lessons now properly provides progress for the Maps II achievement.
  • Doomguide's Duty: This quest is now lit correctly at the beginning.
  • The Emissary: Adventurers may want to be more careful near sarcophagi going forward.

Helm's Hold
  • Hellfire Archmagi now spawn less frequently near the Old Dirty Dwarf Tavern.
  • Several spawns have been cleared out from frequently traveled pathways.
  • The secret passage from the forest to the street outside the tavern has been removed, but the passage to the tavern basement still works properly.
  • Crypt of Vigilance: There is no longer an invisible wall blocking a Religion skill node.
  • Lair of the Mad Dragon: The pit under the Pit Fiend now kills players instead of teleporting them.

Vellosk
  • The campfires now properly give the Mending Wounds effect.
  • The map now depicts the player's location more accurately.
  • There is no longer an invisible wall blocking a Thievery skill node.
  • Gray Wolf Den: The collision in this map has been simplified and adjusted. It is now more difficult to exit the gameplay space and skip content.

Pirates' Skyhold
  • Lair of the Pirate King: The collision in this map has been simplified and adjusted. It is now more difficult to exit the gameplay space and skip content.
  • Lair of the Pirate King: Due to increased dungeon safety standards, enemies in the third part of this dungeon are now much less susceptible to being knocked off the edge.

Icespire Peak
  • Several encounters through the zone have been removed or adjusted to provide better enemy density.
  • To Remember the Fallen: Planting the flag no longer requires super precise positioning.
  • The Frozen Heart: Players may no longer destroy Grast the Gutcruncher's orbs and open the path before engaging him.
  • The Frozen Heart: There is no longer a wall that allows players to walk directly through it.

The Chasm
  • The third major section of the exterior now spawns level 53 enemies, up from level 49.
  • Spellplague Caverns: The collision in this map has been simplified and adjusted. It is now more difficult to exit the gameplay space.

Rothe Valley
  • Temple of the Spider: The collision in this map has been simplified and adjusted. It is now more difficult to exit the gameplay space.
  • Temple of the Spider: Lord Jevahn Jhalvar has sealed up his doorframe to prevent crafty adventurers from sneaking past him.
  • Temple of the Spider: There is now a gate after Halbryn Darkstalker. It opens upon Halbryn's defeat.

Mount Hotenow
  • A path that was missing from the Map window now shows up more brightly.
  • Seeds of Rebirth: Seedlings can now be seen from farther away on low graphics settings.
  • Caverns of Karrundax: The collision in this map has been simplified and adjusted. It is now more difficult to exit the gameplay space.

Whispering Caverns
  • Illithid Enclave: A few skill nodes have been removed from this instance.
  • Illithid Enclave: This instance is now considered level 59 for random drop calculations, down from 60.
  • The Dread Vault: The intro quest to this dungeon is now level 60, down from level 61.

Castle Never
  • Player characters who phase through one of the solid walls at the beginning of Castle Never will now swiftly meet their end.
  • Campfires now only act as respawn points after defeating the minibosses preceding them.
  • The gate after the third boss may now only be used after killing him.

Gauntlgrym
  • Fardelver Crypt: There is no longer phantom collision blocking part of the gameplay area.
  • Server performance has been improved even further in the second phase of Gauntlgrym.

PvP
  • Domination: Mount Hotenow and Rivenscar Ruins: Players may no longer target and attack players in spawn points with ranged or teleport attacks. Players in spawn points may not snipe from their perches there, either.

Stability
  • A crash in mouse buffering has been fixed.

User Interface
  • Auto-Refine: When Rough Astral Diamonds have been automatically refined, a notification now appears upon logging in.
  • Calendar: The Event tooltip display now shows the number of days until the event begins.
  • Death / Near Death: When clicking Release, the confirmation window now properly appears at the center of the screen.
  • Request GM Help: Fields that require entry now actually require entry before submitting a request.
  • Request GM Help: The categories in the category selection menu have been rearranged.
  • Request GM Help: The "Other" category has been changed to "Bug Report."
  • Request GM Help: When reporting Behavior issues, the ticket confirmation now properly informs the player that a GM will only contact him or her if there is a need to follow up.
  • Wealth: The tooltips for Gold, Astral Diamonds, Glory, Ardent Coins, and Celestial Coins now show the maximum amount a player can hold.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    commandogarencommandogaren Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GJ. Finally I can play some GG :^)
  • Options
    xhaxonxhaxon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    great.. thanks for fixing
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    [QUOTE=dezstravus;4754341PvP
    • Domination: Mount Hotenow and Rivenscar Ruins: Players may no longer target and attack players in spawn points with ranged or teleport attacks. Players in spawn points may not snipe from their perches there, either.
    [/QUOTE]

About time. Now implement a race-change function before or with the release of Fury of the Feywild (because Champions Online already has this in the form of the ability to completely change your archetype and this is a requested function; See Here) and we'll be quite happy.
  • Options
    commandogarencommandogaren Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Too slow m8
  • Options
    jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    xhaxon wrote: »
    I feel so honoured to be the first one to comment. All of my hard work and dedication has paid off. Getting the top comment has been a dream of mine for many years, and I would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost I would like to thank god for giving me this opportunity. Next I would like to thank my parents. I would also like to thank my pet tadpole for surviving against all odds for over a week. Next I would like to thank the squirrel that lives in my backyard for climbing trees because that gives me inspiration that I need to get through the day. This is a special moment in my life and I would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be a moment that I will never forget. I just remembered a few other people I would like to thank Facebook, the fish I caught in the third grade, my light in my room because I wouldn’t be able to see the keyboard without it, the internet for letting me go on Facebook, my house because without it I would be homeless, and last but not least I would like to thank all the people out there that actually took time out of their day to read this. I cannot stress how much of a big deal to me this is. I have been trying to be the first comment on a post for years, but that has not been possible until this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck will continue but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked me how I did this, I would say, you can achieve anything you set your mind on. To all the kids out there reading this, I would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being the top comment is amazing. But again, since this Facebook and things cannot be predicted, I also might've ended up not being the first one to comment but I'm going to post this anyway. And yes, by the way, I know a few of you have read something like this earlier before so you do not have to comment saying things like "This is Copied+Pasted" and "I am tired of reading this over and over again", this comment isn't for you to read, it is for the ones who still haven't...

Thank You Everyone!!!

PS: Failwhale.
  • Options
    osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lots of fixes, sweet. Still waiting on module one though, see ya then XD
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *snip*
    You were second ...
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So... the same patch notes that were already published (and the GG) took so long?
  • Options
    destiny5465destiny5465 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [*]Leadership: The rewards for several tasks have been updated, as well as the contents of Leadership chests.
    [*]Rank 3: Extended Guard Duty: A medium chest has been added to the rewards for this task.
    [*]Rank 4: Protect Caravan: The Astral Diamond reward for this task has been lowered to 100.
    [*]Rank 4: Protect Local Merchant: 150 XP and a medium chest have been added to the rewards for this task.
    [*]Rank 5: Explore: The time to complete this task has been increased to 2 hours.
    [*]Rank 5: Raid Supply Cache: 450 XP has been added to the rewards for this task.
    [*]Rank 6: Protect Survey Team: 2 Silver has been added to the rewards for this task.
    [*]Small Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 1.
    [*]Medium Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 3, but the Healing Potion count has been increased to 2.
    [*]Large Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 6, but the Greater Healing Potion count has been increased to 2.
    [*]Very Large Chest: The Greater Healing Potion count given by this chest has been increased to 7.

Wow you guys hit leadership hard. :(
  • Options
    jorderon1jorderon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whispering Caverns

Illithid Enclave: A few skill nodes have been removed from this instance.
    Illithid Enclave: This instance is now considered level 59 for random drop calculations, down from 60.
    The Dread Vault: The intro quest to this dungeon is now level 60, down from level 61.

Well this sucks, now what will I farm?
  • Options
    ericanorthericanorth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guardian Fighter

Block: Extremely high amounts of damage no longer break through Block when the player has plenty of the Block meter remaining.
    Block: When Block is broken, the damage is now more significantly reduced by the amount of Block meter remaining before the meter breaking hit.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, does this mean the GF will be even more impossible to damage and take out in PVP?
  • Options
    al3xdentonal3xdenton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Castle Never
    • Player characters who phase through one of the solid walls at the beginning of Castle Never will now swiftly meet their end.
    • Campfires now only act as respawn points after defeating the minibosses preceding them.
    • The gate after the third boss may now only be used after killing him.

Finally. Thanks.
    We can enjoy epicness of CN again, which will regain its orginal purpose of being the endgame dungeon, and not a glitch party.
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    F your PVP!
    ericanorth wrote: »
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, does this mean the GF will be even more impossible to damage and take out in PVP?
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    Is there any information yet as to fixing your patch, in reguards to pvp? Most especially the benefits you gave to bots, and how badly you screwed over characters?
    For information, look on the forums under the pvp section (one of the places you have been ignoring)
    Though if the developers decide to actually pay attention and listen to the people, especially why so many left, and why this game is noted as the biggest disappointment of 2013, I will finally speak to them without being insulting and derrogitory as I had in the beginning.
  • Options
    b4r0ns3t3b4r0ns3t3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So italian, polish and turkish, and WTF happened with spanish? i couldn't believe that there were more polish than spanish speaking people. You implemented language spanish in guild finder, and now, u let it out, it's that a joke? what a shame...
  • Options
    kasyeekasyee Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still waiting for fixes for CW but good to see youre working on current issues :)
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    So unnecessary nerf to leadership :(
  • Options
    arcadioxarcadiox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    b4r0ns3t3 wrote: »
    So italian, polish and turkish, and WTF happened with spanish? i couldn't believe that there were more polish than spanish speaking people. You implemented language spanish in guild finder, and now, u let it out, it's that a joke? what a shame...

+1 have more population spanish than polish.
  • Options
    orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Question: Is Gauntlgrym being reopened with this patch? All the Patch Notes say is that stability has been improved.
  • Options
    saultbawlzsaultbawlz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's all good except the pvp one, now they can hide in their spawn when they know they're gonna lose and we can't do anything about it. Atleast before we could get to them if they tried that and force them to keep fighting.
  • Options
    burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Leadership is even MORE useless now... thanks...
  • Options
    xaiim7xaiim7 Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

Gauntlgrym
    • Fardelver Crypt: There is no longer phantom collision blocking part of the gameplay area.
    • Server performance has been improved even further in the second phase of Gauntlgrym.

So, ONE weak of work and just fix bugs? (this is still maybe they fix it)

Still GG play only on ONE SPECIFIC TIME in DAY??? So, we in EU today not play :) GG. COOL. Maybe, very maybe next day? This is just joke, Cryptic :)
    Guild?

I was no longer interested about GG or even NW.
  • Options
    omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiadannah wrote: »
    Is there any information yet as to fixing your patch, in reguards to pvp? Most especially the benefits you gave to bots, and how badly you screwed over characters?
    For information, look on the forums under the pvp section (one of the places you have been ignoring)
    Though if the developers decide to actually pay attention and listen to the people, especially why so many left, and why this game is noted as the biggest disappointment of 2013, I will finally speak to them without being insulting and derrogitory as I had in the beginning.

May we eat cake? Christ.
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    b4r0ns3t3 wrote: »

Or Portuguese!

Batatas violentas estao em nossa camisa. ( Oi, De! :D )
  • Options
    slaine013slaine013 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Leathership is hardest profession to level up, and you nerf it? It wasnt necessary i think
  • Options
    meads91meads91 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No Miracle Healer 4 piece fix ? Boo! :p
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know it's hard enough getting AD and they lower it again, morons.
    utania wrote: »
    So unnecessary nerf to leadership :(
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ericanorth wrote: »
    That is exactly what it means.

A class which is nearly indestructible in PvP is now *more* indestructible.

This is getting stupid at this point. Nerf DC healing, beef up the damage that can be done to everyone else because a class that can knock you down repeatedly and block repeatedly is just the right thing to do.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • Options
    bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    saultbawlz wrote: »
    It's all good except the pvp one, now they can hide in their spawn when they know they're gonna lose and we can't do anything about it. Atleast before we could get to them if they tried that and force them to keep fighting.

Them? you mean him or her... You making it sound plural
  • Options
    saultbawlzsaultbawlz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bostish wrote: »
    Them? you mean him or her... You making it sound plural
    lol sorry then him or her
This discussion has been closed.