Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    I have no sympathy as you exploited the bulk of your gear to begin with, and even bragged about said exploitations on your YT videos. Word has been around for a while that you were shopping your account, so...I wouldn't support you a cent.

Sorry!

Where did he brag about exploiting for gear? I saw the YT vids and never saw any of that, also he wasnt shopping his account i have watched him play and he has even said numerous times he is trying to build a base of viewers for gaunt coming out...

While I think he IS a little cocky, I also think he is the type of player you want playing this game who is willing to learn the ropes and teach others what he has learned. He had/has one of the best GF guides out there for people learning to play the class and what to stack and how to play.

Also I would wager that you have "exploited" to get your gear... ever take a shortcut in 5 mans? Ever thrown a mob off a cliff to avoid killing it? Ever been in a party that AS stacked? Without knowing exactly what he "exploited" it seems a tad rash (more than a tad) to jump to conclusions... Just sayin
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Where did he brag about exploiting for gear? I saw the YT vids and never saw any of that, also he wasnt shopping his account i have watched him play and he has even said numerous times he is trying to build a base of viewers for gaunt coming out...

While I think he IS a little cocky, I also think he is the type of player you want playing this game who is willing to learn the ropes and teach others what he has learned. He had/has one of the best GF guides out there for people learning to play the class and what to stack and how to play.

Also I would wager that you have "exploited" to get your gear... ever take a shortcut in 5 mans? Ever thrown a mob off a cliff to avoid killing it? Ever been in a party that AS stacked? Without knowing exactly what he "exploited" it seems a tad rash (more than a tad) to jump to conclusions... Just sayin

If there was a like button I would. I hope his account gets fixed and he sticks around.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As for his bragging?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D48CSUYnBSo

Deny it all you want. There is the video evidence that =used= to be linked off of the first post of this thread by the author himself. Read the comments. Dude is humble-bragging and this is just one of his videos.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    crushcrushzcrushcrushz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    As for his bragging?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D48CSUYnBSo

Deny it all you want. There is the video evidence that =used= to be linked off of the first post of this thread by the author himself. Read the comments. Dude is humble-bragging and this is just one of his videos.

I don't know why you emphasized =used= to when the video is still clearly linked in my 2nd post, where it's always been. Yes, this was an exploit. The reason why I don't care that people like you think I exploited my gear is because you don't pay attention. Players like you take my content out of context because you see something that you can't do and cry exploiter. The ones who cry the loudest are the ones who couldn't benefit from the exploit before it's patched. I have SO much footage of various exploits that I was able to find and report, and as a result made a better game for you to play.

Look at the facts.
    I report exploits.
    I prove that they exist, but not how to do them.
    I have never been banned.

It's almost like I was doing what you're supposed to do in the beta. If I had ever abused an exploit for personal gain, I would have been permanently banned, or suffered a suspension. While Kripp, and many other players who actually participated in exploits were banned I enjoyed the game knowing that I helped improve it.
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    Helping get then removed
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Come join us on Beholder! I only hit 60 two weeks ago on my GF and have had no luck with Stalwart drops to get myself going, so I don't have a lot of money, but I'll help with power leveling or anything I can do.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yay for support
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    whiteknightedwhiteknighted Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Could someone please tell me if the block 'bug' has been fixed yet? Can GF's block again? I've been holding off on playing the game again until I can play my main GF.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yes its been "fixed" and now has a cooldown
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Could someone please tell me if the block 'bug' has been fixed yet? Can GF's block again? I've been holding off on playing the game again until I can play my main GF.

I would like to say yes but some things you could block before wont work now.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lame sauce, Hey reroll another toon on a different account on beholder and lets all PL it up and Hook you up envy
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    hadran1hadran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Exploits in MMO are legits.

EVERY MMO have exploits at one point, there's not a single MMO out there that hasn't suffered from cheap ways to get rich faster than the developers PLANNED.

What serious developers do, more or less in this order, is:
    Release a open beta, find and fix bugs, find and fix exploits, review content difficulties, truncate the database and release the final version, fresh with most bugs fixed and fairer for all the players.

Nobody is guilty from abusing exploits, this is how we, beta testers, report to the developers so they can act. It's the developers who are at fault for releasing a game where the newer players won't have the same chance to build their wealth as the older players did.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't know why you emphasized =used= to when the video is still clearly linked in my 2nd post, where it's always been. Yes, this was an exploit. The reason why I don't care that people like you think I exploited my gear is because you don't pay attention. Players like you take my content out of context because you see something that you can't do and cry exploiter. The ones who cry the loudest are the ones who couldn't benefit from the exploit before it's patched. I have SO much footage of various exploits that I was able to find and report, and as a result made a better game for you to play.

Look at the facts.
    I report exploits.
    I prove that they exist, but not how to do them.
    I have never been banned.

It's almost like I was doing what you're supposed to do in the beta. If I had ever abused an exploit for personal gain, I would have been permanently banned, or suffered a suspension. While Kripp, and many other players who actually participated in exploits were banned I enjoyed the game knowing that I helped improve it.

I know a TON of people who "exploited" dungeons to skip ahead to fires who pull bosses back so they dont spawn adds, There was a spider glitch where she would KILL HERSELF! It was really popular for a little while... I would wager that whoever calls "foul" has done the SAME type of things themselves... They just get mad because they dont get good drops and cant get gear, and then take it out on others....
  • Options
    burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Im human looking for a place to put my 3 bonus points, taking suggestions... looking at Potent Challenge (Just for off-tanking I spose), and Pin Down.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Burn - 3 Points in Threat & 3 Points in CRT
  • Options
    burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Please excuse my ignorance... but what is CRT?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Got my account back no thanks to support. Might log in tomorrow for GG.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Envy send me a friend request

Tempirius@ayroux - on your server.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Don't buy AD/Gold from websites and don't use the same email address/password as your gaming accounts. :P
  • Options
    darkyugi10darkyugi10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i know this been ask in other threads and some point out that you have answered it somewhere in these 110 pages but what will be the difference of having Lv3 Combat Superiority and Lv1 if you have Lv5 Tactical Superiority?
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    darkyugi10 wrote: »
    i know this been ask in other threads and some point out that you have answered it somewhere in these 110 pages but what will be the difference of having Lv3 Combat Superiority and Lv1 if you have Lv5 Tactical Superiority?

i gotta bump bec i have the same question
  • Options
    sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The difference is, Lv5 Tactical Superiority lets you hit them first, but the buff will only last for 5 seconds without the other two ranks of combat superiority. Now the question is, does it just reapply a refreshed 5 second buff every time you attack or what? This would save you two power points, but I don't know if it will work.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    problem with combat sup is that its hard to test (no buff/debuff icon appears), then add the fact that the game's tooltips dont help too much
  • Options
    neverwinterrogueneverwinterrogue Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see that the originalposter has written it very well, but I think that many things are still NOT clear. How do you get 12.000 damage with one attack? I had wasted so much diamonds with my level 60 Guardian Fighter for similar items, and it's not nearby by your values (only 3500 damage with Lunging Strike). Looks even more that you reach it only through pay to win items, especially because you haven't posted a screenshot of your character summary (with all your values!). If you don't edit and add it, I will assume that it's really only reachable through these pay to win enchantments. And then everyone thinks Guardian Fighters are overpowered... the problem is elsewhere. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    no, your 3.5k is actually pretty weak, i have full timeless with 2.3k arpen no power runes or those over the top teneb enchants whatsoever, my pve crit reaches 17-20k with lunging (debuffed by tide, boss). 12k is actually quite normal in pvp for a non critical lunging (challenged foe).

okay back to the question esp. for Envy, what do you think about lvl 1 combat sup?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Do you mean it's only possible with the Timeless Hero set to get such a high damage value? If yes, wow... sounds crazy and shocking. I had bought the Captain's set, and I thought it's similar, even with its less power stats. I hope you can answer again star, thank you!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My PvP Encounter Setup:

4/4 Knights Cap set

Bull Charge - 3.8k tooltip - Hits upwards of 20k
    Lunge - 3.6k tooltip - Hits upwards of 20k
    Knights Challenge - 100% Damage Increase

Cast Knights Challenge - Bull Charge Target (non crt - 7k+) - Follow up with Lunge (non crt - 7k+) - If not dead finish off with cleave or play defensive till cooldowns are up.

Reason for massive CRTs in PvP - Teammates buffs/debuffs.

Targets may have 3 stacks of Greater/Perfect Plague Fires on them and suddenly you are hitting for massive damage. Target goes flying and you just hit for 20-23k CRT with Bull Charge or Lunge.

GF's are not OP we just have Knights Challenge. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Do you mean it's only possible with the Timeless Hero set to get such a high damage value? If yes, wow... sounds crazy and shocking. I had bought the Captain's set, and I thought it's similar, even with its less power stats. I hope you can answer again star, thank you!

might be because of the arpen, it boosted my damage quite a lot. I can dps down a boss with 1 tr as fast as double TRs maybe even faster now that bleed has been fixed.

here are my numbers on my recent Spellplague (just the DD before i posted this, have bloated damage on paingiver bec we died once (boss around 30%, cw accidentally died). Could've gotten higher numbers but alas, i was using into the fray (pug cw, low recov) and i accidentally fell off on pits twice haha.

epicspimmov2.jpg
    epicsppain.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for posting these pictures and your info :) That's really very nice.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    My PvP Encounter Setup:

4/4 Knights Cap set

Bull Charge - 3.8k tooltip - Hits upwards of 20k
    Lunge - 3.6k tooltip - Hits upwards of 20k
    Knights Challenge - 100% Damage Increase

Cast Knights Challenge - Bull Charge Target (non crt - 7k+) - Follow up with Lunge (non crt - 7k+) - If not dead finish off with cleave or play defensive till cooldowns are up.

Reason for massive CRTs in PvP - Teammates buffs/debuffs.

Targets may have 3 stacks of Greater/Perfect Plague Fires on them and suddenly you are hitting for massive damage. Target goes flying and you just hit for 20-23k CRT with Bull Charge or Lunge.

GF's are not OP we just have Knights Challenge. :D

Thanks for your post too, I'm very thankful.