test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so, how about that combat sup lvl 1 @lvl5 tac sup?
  • skreechrskreechr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    Nerf hammer coming soon...
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skreechr wrote: »
    Nerf hammer coming soon...

Link or gtfo
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just an update. I'm no longer playing NW for the immediate future. I'll probably come back when new classes are out and will probably put out a Ranger guide. Until then I'll be playing Aion and Dawngate if you guys want to play with me!
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • yunah112yunah112 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can someone please tell me where I can get the Tenebrous enchants other than the AH? I've been looking around and there were not threads or guides as to where they drop. Please help this n ooob out :p
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yunah112 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me where I can get the Tenebrous enchants other than the AH? I've been looking around and there were not threads or guides as to where they drop. Please help this n ooob out :p

Nightmare Lockboxes.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • yunah112yunah112 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nightmare Lockboxes.
    ah ok, thanks :)
  • norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just an update. I'm no longer playing NW for the immediate future. I'll probably come back when new classes are out and will probably put out a Ranger guide. Until then I'll be playing Aion and Dawngate if you guys want to play with me!

What server on Aion? I just Dl'd it for kicks to see if it's still grindy as hell or not.
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Huh shame you will not be around. I was wondering on your thoughts of the build now with the changes. Still the same? Made some differences? Me I brought Con slightly down by 2 points while raising my Dex up by 2 points so it would be an overall 22, 22, 16 for the slightly more Pen. Though I'm starting to think maybe I should have done 20, 22, 16. Anyways, shame you didn't update it.
  • facemetinfacemetin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Jeremiah, what is best race for GF? and best race for GWF?
    thx for help.

best regards
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    facemetin wrote: »
    Jeremiah, what is best race for GF? and best race for GWF?
    thx for help.

best regards

Dont think Envy plays anymore.

Best race is really up to you and doesnt change the game much.

Humans are always a safe bet for both classes.

Dwarves are decent. Halfings are good. There really is no "best" race for either class you just gotta pick what play style you want and go from there...

If you NEED an answer, I prefer Humans since they have 3 more points to spend and 3% more defense AND you cna get a +2 to a base stat.

Dwarves get +2 con and +2str so its good too, and they are more resistant to knockdowns/backs. Halflings to more damage below 50% and I think get a +2 Dex which is good too... Just in all honesty, pick what class YOU want to play cause it really doesnt matter that much in the end...

Spend more time worrying about your base rolls and where you wanna spend your points cause that can add up WAY more than the race issue.
  • crowdpleasingcrowdpleasing Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2013
    I chose Tiefling as you get a damage and defence bonus + 2 sets of stats. Charisma might not be the ideal stat but it's still ok adding to combat advantage and pet stats. Since you're the tank you should be getting hit a lot so infernal wrath should be up pretty frequently and will be a debuff that helps your entire team with AOEs doing less damage.

+2 Charisma
    +2 Constitution or +2 Intelligence
    Bloodhunt: You deal an additional 5% damage to targets below half health.
    Infernal Wrath: Whenever you are hit, you have a 10% chance to lower the Power of the attacker by 5% for 5 seconds.
  • microsorummicrosorum Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Hy i just wanna ask what you meen until vorpal is fixed ? I folow yoie build and now need to knowrshould i take plague oe vorpal ?
    edited July 2013
    microsorum wrote: »
    Hy i just wanna ask what you meen until vorpal is fixed ? I folow yoie build and now need to knowrshould i take plague oe vorpal ?

This is old but ill amuse you :)

Vorpal USED to be bugged in that it wouldnt add any crit severity. NOW it IS fixed in that it DOES add crit severity, but it just doesnt show on your character sheet... But you will get the benefits of it...

Now, does that mean I agree with his premise that vorpal is best? Its really hard to tell actually... If you are NOT using Tene Enchants, then use vorpal! GFs dont attack fast enough or have enough mobility to use plague fire to a good extent.

Where plague fire shines is that each tick of the DoT has a chance to proc Tene enchants, so while your hiting OR kiting you have a MUCH higher tene proc chance using it. Arguably enough to overcome the DPS difference between a vorpal or plaguefire enchant...

If you use vorpal, and dont use tene, my suggestion is to shoot for ATLEAST 1500 crit and 1500 arp on your gear. reason being that dim returns happen after that AND when using vorpal every 1% more crit is an effective >1% damage boost. ARP is arguably one of the best stats to stack as well and both of these have dim returns AROUND 1500...

Just my 2 cents.
  • ataranesataranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited August 2013
    Deleted my post.
    Steelkat/Unfrozen Caveman - DCs
    Guild Leader of MOPP4
    MOPP 4′s community was created to cater to those who have served or currently serve in the armed forces around the world as well as friends, family & supporters of the armed forces. We also now proudly support the Wounded Warrior Project. For more details please go here.
  • godomingodomin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Could this build tank t2 stuff? I am still new to the game, but I'm guessing that is as far as PVE goes atm, and since I don't, usually, go for PVP, I assume that's what I'll be doing eventually...

Any thoughts on the subject from the experienced players?
  • theystolemybuffstheystolemybuffs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dunno if you gonna reply to this, but is it good to start with this build in pve from lvl 1? I want a dps GF. Do you reccommend still yours or shud i try and search for other guides?
  • eurscrewedeurscrewed Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I only have one Question Greater Vorpal or Greater Plague. I use lesser tenebrous as imo tenbrous and greaters are way over priced.
  • s00pahhs00pahh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this build viable as a halfling with con/dex stat focus?
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Envy quit the game awhile ago. If you are going Timeless you want to stack STR or STR/DEX. Timeless is a glass canon set and best if designed around pumping out as much damage as possible. With good CW's you don't need a lot of tank stats like regen, defense/deflect just pure damage. :D
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Envy quit the game awhile ago. If you are going Timeless you want to stack STR or STR/DEX. Timeless is a glass canon set and best if designed around pumping out as much damage as possible. With good CW's you don't need a lot of tank stats like regen, defense/deflect just pure damage. :D

Hence why we need a "scroto's" Uber Leet GF Guide - Think ill trademark that name so youll have to pick a new name:) but still a new guide from a good GF who still plays is almost necessary now..
    Both Rokuthy and Envy's builds are pretty outdated and with the change to stalwarts... Really no good GF guide is out there now
    edited August 2013
    Ayroux - I'm waiting till after module 1 is released and if rework goes thru. I could write a GF guild with several builds using different sets and concepts for each build. With/Without pet.
  • ritosinoritosino Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello there. thanks for the great guide.. well my human guardian fighter's initial rolls are 13str.20con.13dex , i am level 21 now,and i put my points to con and str as i lvled up..
    is it good to have 13str,13dex,20con stats as initial? what do you suggest me to do after that?
  • petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi guys, I have a question regarding a PVP GF.

I'm currently running 4 GTenes, and other offense slots fitted with arp (about 1400 arp to complement that 17 DEX)

But I don't see myself giving a 1-shot to anyone yet. So in order to improve that, should I

1) switch out all that arps for crits?
    2) add 2 more GTenes?

Thank you
  • cross2112cross2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    get vorpal (perfect would be better of course)

im assuming ur using timeless.

pick a squishy target (cw, some TR's)

knights challenge and hope you crit and your tene procs.
  • nicroholicnicroholic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hello guys, Is this thread still active? If so.. may I ask if the timeless hero set has been nerfed? sorry if my question was raised earlier on this post. I'm new playing neverwinter and I'm kinda stuck between what sets should I be investing in. As I've seen timeless hero pieces in-game, it only shows 203 or 250 crit per stack when you have a 4-piece combo. Is this true or am I just being stupid and too **** enough to see what's real
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you are leveling, ie say level 44, it shows you a reduced amount on set bonuses when you inspect other people. REally strange considering your level has nothing to do with them, but it still does it for some reason.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • nicroholicnicroholic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The thing is I just saw it on the chat. 1 guy selling it, so I scrolled over and saw halved effect. But I'm assuming it goes both inspecting or just seeing it around?
  • randygustarandygusta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What about Boons? ;)
    edited November 2013
    Envy quit a long time ago and you just dug up a zombie from their grave.