test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    penpenstar wrote: »
    okay so, i got 1k arpen just by buying a berserker blue belt and changing my slavemaster rings to pyro bands with dark stones. You said if we ever should get arpen it should be boosted to 2k. Does that mean i have to remove 1k from my recov and put it into arpen? I have this feeling that arpen will be wonderful when I make the jump to vorpal.

Are all of your offense slots currently Dark? Are you building for PvE? A cat with Arpen jewelry and Arpen stones slotted will do wonders for your 2.2k reach.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    im currently not wanting to touch my stone bec I wanted to try arpen in pvp instead of tenebrous (kinda like a budget enchantments approach) O.O

yes 6 offense slots with dark 5 and 2 pyro bands
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    im currently not wanting to touch my stone bec I wanted to try arpen in pvp instead of tenebrous (kinda like a budget enchantments approach) O.O

yes 6 offense slots with dark 5 and 2 pyro bands

Tenebrous highly outclasses Arpen in PvP. I would recommend saving up for normal tenebrous x6.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Where's Waldo edition of the stream, come ask questions and have fun~

Youtube Channel

• Options
    masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hey im playing GF too and im lvl60 since 2 days.

Im trying to get ADs to buy some blue equipment (most of my items are still green). Actually im a little bit confused: i dont know which stat should be focused and which is less important?!

Power - more damage, okay, easy to understand
    Lifesteal - seems to be useless (in PvP and PvE)
    Recovery - less cooldown/more AP, sound very nice
    Crit Strike - more damage, yay
    Armor piercing - more damage, yay#2
    deflection - seems to be very useless (hoping that ill avoid an enemies attack - but the chance is too small)
    defense - facetanking :p

okay, now i would say:
    Power, Recovery, Crit, Armor Piercing and Defense are the important stats. But which one is the most important stat?!

i would say:

Power > Recovery > Armor Piercing > Crit > Defense

Correct or not? :D
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    masu84 wrote: »
    Hey im playing GF too and im lvl60 since 2 days.

Im trying to get ADs to buy some blue equipment (most of my items are still green). Actually im a little bit confused: i dont know which stat should be focused and which is less important?!

Power - more damage, okay, easy to understand
    Lifesteal - seems to be useless (in PvP and PvE)
    Recovery - less cooldown/more AP, sound very nice
    Crit Strike - more damage, yay
    Armor piercing - more damage, yay#2
    deflection - seems to be very useless (hoping that ill avoid an enemies attack - but the chance is too small)
    defense - facetanking :p

okay, now i would say:
    Power, Recovery, Crit, Armor Piercing and Defense are the important stats. But which one is the most important stat?!

i would say:

Power > Recovery > Armor Piercing > Crit > Defense

Correct or not? :D

Crit > Arpen >= Recovery > Power > Defense.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Tenebrous highly outclasses Arpen in PvP. I would recommend saving up for normal tenebrous x6.

thought so, main reason why im trying to put darks instead of tenes in my off slots for pvp is bec im actually not confident about tene, I have this feeling that it's gonna get nerfed in the future with plently of people and TRs abusing it currently as it is (they proc it better and safer than us eventho they have less hp making their fights more trivial).

Anyway I'll say it again, I love your guide especially the explanation on the armorset, I know there are a lot of people argue-ing about stalwart being a better pve set (altho not by much), timeless is the better pvp and a great pve armor. I've seen people rooting for stalwart sets for pvp but that's just insane, you have to let yourself get hit first which is not ok. If against a cw if u let him hit you, he's gonna choke freeze you to death with a rain of MMs. If against a TR, if you let him hit you, you'll be dead in 3 hits. If you let a GWF hit you, he deserves to die, they have to go over mountains to beat GFs 1on1. I'm not even gonna talk about clerics.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    thought so, main reason why im trying to put darks instead of tenes in my off slots for pvp is bec im actually not confident about tene, I have this feeling that it's gonna get nerfed in the future with plently of people and TRs abusing it currently as it is (they proc it better and safer than us eventho they have less hp making their fights more trivial).

Anyway I'll say it again, I love your guide especially the explanation on the armorset, I know there are a lot of people argue-ing about stalwart being a better pve set (altho not by much), timeless is the better pvp and a great pve armor. I've seen people rooting for stalwart sets for pvp but that's just insane, you have to let yourself get hit first which is not ok. If against a cw if u let him hit you, he's gonna choke freeze you to death with a rain of MMs. If against a TR, if you let him hit you, you'll be dead in 3 hits. If you let a GWF hit you, he deserves to die, they have to go over mountains to beat GFs 1on1. I'm not even gonna talk about clerics.

I wouldn't say they proc it easier. We can proc it from ranged with KC if you wanted the front loaded damage. I think we might see a nerf to them, which is why I haven't invest into greaters yet. If/when they're nerfed, darks will be the better choice I'm sure. Better to buy them now when they're cheap, rather than later once they become FOTM.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't say they proc it easier. We can proc it from ranged with KC if you wanted the front loaded damage. I think we might see a nerf to them, which is why I haven't invest into greaters yet. If/when they're nerfed, darks will be the better choice I'm sure. Better to buy them now when they're cheap, rather than later once they become FOTM.

haha but you'll definitely agree on the safer part yes? they can proc it while stealthed with a plaguefire dagger and cloud of steel.

anyway yeah i got ahead of you! i already bought 6! altho i need 3 more for my mr. cat :D

btw does the eldritch on a def slot work with the cat? coz it didnt add stats into the summoning bonus.
  • Options
    masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Crit > Arpen >= Recovery > Power > Defense.
    Hey, THX :)

But now another question...

Ferocious Reaction
    - it is very good... .... every 180 seconds. But the balancing patch is very interesting because of the following point:
    Feat: Shield Defense: All ranks of this feat now properly increase Armor Class

guard meter will be buffed slightly.

+15% guard meter and an (unknown?!) AC bonus by this class skill may be stronger than the chance to regenerate every 3 Minutes. The main problem in PvP: if im lower than 15% HP, im dead normally (onehit...). Because of this i dont think that this passive is that good. In PvE its more useful, but i prefer the daily skill to fill my healthpoints because its saver and available more often.

So i think ill try to reskill my GF to use Shield Defense. Alll in all after reading the patchnotes its looking like this:

+25% guard meter, +XX (15?)% AC, -20% loss of guardmeter by "strong attacks"... seems to be nice.

The last feature of the conquerer tree and using the shield to block sounds bad, but staying allive in dangerous situations is much better than dying :p

Using shield defense class skill after patch? Yes/No? Why/Why not :D
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    haha but you'll definitely agree on the safer part yes? they can proc it while stealthed with a plaguefire dagger and cloud of steel.

anyway yeah i got ahead of you! i already bought 6! altho i need 3 more for my mr. cat :D

btw does the eldritch on a def slot work with the cat? coz it didnt add stats into the summoning bonus.

Tene's can't proc from your cat ;o

Youtube Channel

• Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

You should see a buff icon under your character portrait from a defensive slot eldritch.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    kmwismkmwism Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    Hey..if im human, what feat should i take??..
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Human - You can get Both Threat 3/3 & CRT 3/3
  • Options
    kmwismkmwism Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    Isnt pin down better for pvp?..and what do u mean by CRT?

edit: What feat should i get?..im focusing more on dps than tank..
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Human - You can get Both Threat 3/3 & CRT 3/3
  • Options
    bodidharmabodidharma Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the best stats for a half orc GF is 24str 22 cons 16 dex at lvl 60 without the camp fire buff?
  • Options
    v3g3taxv3g3tax Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I luvved this thread for so long since I was forced to o dps tank because my original idea for going a tank GF was fail with aggro (( ftr I id a grat job of holing aggro before and after patch ill luv it)) but as said since tanks will be able to tank ill probably be sitchin it up to maxxout my tank def survivability...whoch may hurt in pvp and may not...as pvp is about holding points.. But luv this GF set up...

Now give e my duel wild ranger, my anti paladin, and mybpsionic wrrior lol
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    crit=crt
    is what he means
  • Options
    elynwelynw Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for posting this. It has been a great baseline while leveling my character. I just hit 60 so starting to have some fun now.

Question, can you post your current armor enchantments? Sorry I haven't been able to read all 100 pages but I was just wondering if you were still using the same rank 5s etc from the first page.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    elynw wrote: »
    Thank you for posting this. It has been a great baseline while leveling my character. I just hit 60 so starting to have some fun now.

Question, can you post your current armor enchantments? Sorry I haven't been able to read all 100 pages but I was just wondering if you were still using the same rank 5s etc from the first page.

Still using rank 5s from first page. I haven't bothered upgrading anything because the effort vs reward isn't appealing enough to me. I might invest when GG comes out and better gear along side it.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    wh0wh0 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Envy does vorpal works with tene now?
  • Options
    darkslaya27darkslaya27 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you said to use enforced for PvE. you also said that enforced is good for taking enemies off your healer, but i dont have a healer. which encounter can replace enforced in PvE?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    you said to use enforced for PvE. you also said that enforced is good for taking enemies off your healer, but i dont have a healer. which encounter can replace enforced in PvE?

None. The AoE is still better than any other skill you might use.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    Are humans superior for a pvp choice. I dont quite understand the difference vs 2 extra stat points in our halfling race vs
    Extra feat points possibly into defense like uncaged
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    Are humans superior for a pvp choice. I dont quite understand the difference vs 2 extra stat points in our halfling race vs
    Extra feat points possibly into defense like uncaged

Dont spec for defense, defense is bad.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited June 2013
    But theres no where else to put the points if you were human
    It just feels a little unfair that they can get more survivability
    At barely a minimal cost to damage as far as i understand? While we get shafted being halflings?
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    silverdicesilverdice Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Amazing guide, Great work! let me know if you want it featured on a website
  • Options
    cipilicasocipilicaso Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi can you be a tank in dungeon using this guide?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Dont spec for defense, defense is bad.

Lol i know that but would the extra human feat points make or break a character in pvp with the ubiquitous shield
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    chacol927chacol927 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't seem to find that belt that you have in the picture. Did they change it or is there a different belt I should be looking for?