What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    Is this build pve tank viable still after the patch i hear lots of people having issues facetanking im level 47 so i have yet to run
    The higher content
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    Is this build pve tank viable still after the patch i hear lots of people having issues facetanking im level 47 so i have yet to run
    The higher content

Depends how good you are at positioning, but that's pretty much with any build.
    If you facetank stuff that isn't meant to be facetanked don't blame the game for it.
    If you use Ancient weapon+shield set with timeless, you still reach about 3,5k def which is about 45% DR with the AC you get and since the ancient sword has higher base dmg you don't really loose out on the dmg side.
    So yes it still works, but as it's always been it won't be for everyone.

You'r not a turtle tank, you ll have to position yourself out of stuff that you'r not supposed to stand in and only block when really, really needed, as that's what conqueror tree is about.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    snowballo wrote: »
    Depends how good you are at positioning, but that's pretty much with any build.
    If you facetank stuff that isn't meant to be facetanked don't blame the game for it.
    If you use Ancient weapon+shield set with timeless, you still reach about 3,5k def which is about 45% DR with the AC you get and since the ancient sword has higher base dmg you don't really loose out on the dmg side.
    So yes it still works, but as it's always been it won't be for everyone.

You'r not a turtle tank, you ll have to position yourself out of stuff that you'r not supposed to stand in and only block when really, really needed, as that's what conqueror tree is about.

well im staying conqueror but im just debating on the extra 10% cd reduction and 10% more damage on controlled targets vs 5% deflection and 5 AC for the last 10 paragon points
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    dilaniodilanio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    well im staying conqueror but im just debating on the extra 10% cd reduction and 10% more damage on controlled targets vs 5% deflection and 5 AC for the last 10 paragon points

You're going to get a free respec token on the 20th. There is no such thing as a perfect build so losing sleep over whether Envy's or Uncag3d's build is better is a moot point. Your playstyle will determine how you go. Play the game and choose your own skills and if you don't like them then respec. There is a lot of synergy in the GF paragon trees and how and what you play will determine which way you go.
  • Options
    sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    We already have the free respec now....
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Lol i have been saving my respec i just wanna know that i can get by in pve tanking without that deflection and extra 5 ac because i am a halfling
    The deflection stacking might be nice but im not aware of what you need exactly in tanking t2s. Im slowly approaching 60...
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anyone tried if a dex/str ability score investment would actually help?
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    penpenstar wrote: »
    anyone tried if a dex/str ability score investment would actually help?

Maybe once Dex gets fixed.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Wow really lol selling the account? :(
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    At a pretty good price, too, considering that's what a naked founder's pack costs.
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So far it's not so bad, the loss of con isn't the end of the world.
  • Options
    willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    LOL at selling account.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why o.o isn't this still a great build?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if hes bored of the game...or just doesnt enjoy the class anymore...let us know whats up jeremiah
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi,

i have been following this thread for some time and used the proposed build for my own GF and i am happy how he plays, so thanks for the work put into this guide.

I have got a couple of question and i would be happy if someone could help me out a bit.

Firstly id also like to get your opinion if the recent changes to the GF lead to changes in the DPS build. Personally i think not.

The skill Knight Valor (which i recently used for the first time to keep a cleric alive) has me also a bit confused. How exactly does it work? I activated the skill, but i didnt seem to receive any more damage from partymembers.

When fighting a Rogue i noticed that they sometimes turn black and are immune to most attacks, including Cc. First i thought it had to do with the soulforge enchantmant but i noticed that they activate this skill even when at 100%. Its quite frustrating, because a well equipped rogue has a good chance to do heavy damage to me during the time this skill is active, while i cant stun or damage him. Is there a weakness to this skill? Is it a daily? And when the invincibility stops they usually make the AOE that blocks all your skills. Very frustrating to say the least.

Another question concerning the offensive slots. To be a bit more on the cheaper side, would it be also feasible to slot in Light enchantments (the yellow stones, sorry i have the game in German, so i am not 100% sure about the translations) to increase the power (since we basically double the power received as long as the shield is fully up) instead of the tenebrous enchantments? How often do the tenebrous enchantments activate?

Thanks in advance :)
  • Options
    arrywilarrywil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Concerning you're second question about the Rogue's turning black lonewolf. That is an ability they have called Impossible to catch, it basically makes them immune to CC and damage. Its only an encounter aswell so best you can do is wait it out and as soon as they return to normal burst them.

And as for the Radiant enchantment's (Yellow stones) I use them myself as Tene's are quite expensive. Personally I find the Radiant enchantments brilliant and I would say they are worth it when you are receiving double the power. however because I have never used Tenebrous enchantments I cant comment of whether they would be better. From what I gather as well the proc time for Tenebrous is 10 seconds after the recent patch however as I have said I,m no expert when it comes to Tenebrous enchantments.
    Sons of Schlarb
    Thaddeus Talbot - GF - Dragon
    Aysta Tarley - TR - Dragon
  • Options
    lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the reply :)

I think I have decided now to go for the Radiant enchantmants. I also wont be using the plague fire enchantments i think but rather either flamming or, most likely, elektro enchantments, since i prefer the higher damage output.

Do you now by the way what exactly is meant by "chain reaction" that elektro enchantments can trigger?
  • Options
    arrywilarrywil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry haven't got a clue about the lightning enchantments although at a guess I would assume if it said, "Three chains at 50% chance"
    there is a chance that the damage can chain to a maximum of three targets each at a chance of 50% per target.
    Sons of Schlarb
    Thaddeus Talbot - GF - Dragon
    Aysta Tarley - TR - Dragon
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    Bah ha ha, selling his account. Good luck doing that now that it will be banned instead. I'm pretty certain he abused many exploits to get his gear set anyway, you could tell that from his earlier bragging posts.
  • Options
    kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    Bah ha ha, selling his account. Good luck doing that now that it will be banned instead. I'm pretty certain he abused many exploits to get his gear set anyway, you could tell that from his earlier bragging posts.

How come he doesnt have better gear then that then? Sure its not bad but he could improve it alot more so how come he didnt if he now used so many exploits?

I think hes gear is legal if you check the picture at first page that is, he may have upgraded what do i know but its not like its impossible to get.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    kr0owe wrote: »
    How come he doesnt have better gear then that then? Sure its not bad but he could improve it alot more so how come he didnt if he now used so many exploits?

I think hes gear is legal if you check the picture at first page that is, he may have upgraded what do i know but its not like its impossible to get.

He had that gear very early on when no one was bringing GFs to T2s. They were only bringing them for the bugged armor which was when he was running dungeons to get his gear. Notice he stopped running T2s when that exploit was fixed. That's why he hasn't upgraded his gear further.
  • Options
    chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    He had that gear very early on when no one was bringing GFs to T2s. They were only bringing them for the bugged armor which was when he was running dungeons to get his gear. Notice he stopped running T2s when that exploit was fixed. That's why he hasn't upgraded his gear further.

What are you talking about? He has bis gear, nub. He doesn't NEED to upgrade anything. Hateraid.
    INB4, INB4
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    What are you talking about? He has bis gear, nub. He doesn't NEED to upgrade anything. Hateraid.

Those facts doesn't exclude each one the other. But do we really care ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »

Someone lacks reading comprehension.
  • Options
    pchampouxpchampoux Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can you respec the stat points in this game? :S
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Aww thats total lamesauce man. Better check your stuff for keyloggers etc etc...hopefully can get your stuff recovered. Glad to hear my favorite GF isnt tryig to quit and sell out. Nice Paramore reference in the name. Is there a way to contact them on the phone?
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Can always reroll on beholder and ill hook up as much as i can if worse come to worse.
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can always reroll on beholder and ill hook up as much as i can if worse come to worse.
    Id pitch in for this. Obviously it wouldnt be Envy again but i would help get some nice gear too. Maybe even run you through stuff if needed also...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    *Thumbs Up*
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have no sympathy as you exploited the bulk of your gear to begin with, and even bragged about said exploitations on your YT videos. Word has been around for a while that you were shopping your account, so...I wouldn't support you a cent.

Sorry!
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.