test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    bioxragebioxrage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello there,
    When I see the gameplay of other people it has good graphics and clear images, but when I play it very pixelated and the graphics aren't that good. Is it just me? Is there a way i can fix this? Thanks

Depends on your graphic settings, are they set to high?

Your graphic card may not support high performance.

You can post your graphic card information here, if you'd like.
    1. Click Start.
    2. On the Start menu, click Run.
    3. In the Open box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
    4. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens. Click the Display tab.
    5. On the Display tab, information about your graphics card is shown in the Device section. You can see the name of your card, as well as how much video memory it has.
  • Options
    bioxragebioxrage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    bioxrage wrote: »
    • Are all the enchantments asides from the GreyCloak re-usable?
    • Is it possible to get more potions/XP Scrolls, etc. from the vendor? Or are they a "one-time" use ordeal?

-All enchantments are reusable but may require AD to remove from items.

-Consumable items can only be claimed once. The Pack Details on the sale website should list if the items are once per account or one per character. :)
  • Options
    jayw26jayw26 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    how long does this probation period last... I still can't create threads. It's kind of annoying cause I want to make some threads in the feedback.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    It lasts roughly a week or so. If you still can't post new threads after a week contact support and they will change the permission flags manually. :)
  • Options
    bordishbordish Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When the game officially launches, will all the characters including the items will be wipe or reset??
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No they will not.
  • Options
    rapexprapexp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello,
    I'm sorry if it was already answered i skipped the whole thing. I bought the "The Hero of the North" pack and i deleted all the in-game e-mails so i didn't receive my items. I can show screenshots, i have absolutely nothing from the pack. My in-game name is Lia.
  • Options
    rapexprapexp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    2.PNGCapturar.PNG
  • Options
    xxspellflingerxxxxspellflingerxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    SECTION VII - SUPPORT

How do I get in touch with Customer Support?

We take customer support at Perfect World very seriously, and have a dedicated team of experts that is always happy to help. You can always get in touch with our support team via the Perfect World Support Home Page.

I'm getting a Redirect Error on the support page. What can I do?

This is a known issue that is affecting some of our users. We are working very hard to fix it, though unfortunately it is proving to be a bit tricky. Fortunately, we have some alternate contact methods that you can use if this issue affects you:

-You can get in touch with us on the Perfect World Tech Support Forum
    -You can send our customer service team an email at customerservice@perfectworld.com

How does the automatic chat mute system work and what should I do if I am muted?

In Neverwinter, it is possible to report another player for spamming by right clicking on there name. There is technology in place to place temporary mutes on accounts that receive a high volume of spam reports. The goal of this technology is to minimize the amount of "gold spam" and other forms of inappropriate chat.

Occasionally, it is possible for false positives to be detected, which can unfortunately result in a temporary mute being placed on a player who was not actually spamming. We understand that this can be frustrating. Our team actively monitors for these occurrences and is constantly tweaking the system to minimize these occurrences.

In the event that your account is muted, the best action to take is to wait for the mute to expire.[/QUOTE

i cant hear anything in game at all how do i fix this. my sound works for everything else outside game and with other games
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    rapexp wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm sorry if it was already answered i skipped the whole thing. I bought the "The Hero of the North" pack and i deleted all the in-game e-mails so i didn't receive my items. I can show screenshots, i have absolutely nothing from the pack. My in-game name is Lia.

You should still be able to claim them from the Foundry Vendor located to the west of Sergeant Knox.

xxspellflingerxx, I think you lost something there. Feel free to post your question again. :)
  • Options
    emmmamirabeauemmmamirabeau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Greetings I have a question that noone put on the FAQ,

Will we be getting more than 2 character slots available at launch or will we need to buy additional slots?
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Greetings I have a question that noone put on the FAQ,

Will we be getting more than 2 character slots available at launch or will we need to buy additional slots?

The slot system will not change. If you want more, though, they are very cheap to buy :)
  • Options
    emmmamirabeauemmmamirabeau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    The slot system will not change. If you want more, though, they are very cheap to buy :)

Do you work for PWE no I don't think so therfore I will nullify your answer as it was a question for them not other players.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Why so harsh? :o

Fazemladaiya has done a stand of job of helping people if I don't see their question first which is exactly what happened here. The answer they gave was the correct one to the best of my knowledge. ;)
  • Options
    bloodyladiebloodyladie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a question i asked in game but didn't get any answers i have this quest ..invocate the gods.. but i dont know how to do invocation someone can tell me please ?
    I hope this is the right section for my question.

Thanks in advance BloodyLadie
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why so harsh? :o

Fazemladaiya has done a stand of job of helping people if I don't see their question first which is exactly what happened here. The answer they gave was the correct one to the best of my knowledge. ;)

Hehe. Thanks for confirming that, Ambi.

And Em, remember this is a community . . . that is what an MMO is all about. Chances are, if you ask a question on the forum, multiple people who like to help other people will try to assist you in any way I can. I apologize that you were so offended by my trying to assist you with information that was already readily available to you by reading the web site and Dev blogs. It may not have been in the FAQ, but the information is posted, which is why I was confident in my answer to you. :)

You also addressed the question to the forum, not the staff, as you did not specify in your post that you did not want other players communicating with you. ;)
    I have a question i asked in game but didn't get any answers i have this quest ..invocate the gods.. but i dont know how to do invocation someone can tell me please ?
    I hope this is the right section for my question.

Thanks in advance BloodyLadie

Greetings. If you see a blue circle on the ground anywhere, you use those to invoke the gods. They are usually accompanied by a campfire. In your case, the quest takes place in Protector's Enclave, on the same level as Sgt. Knox. There will be a shrine with a blue circle around it, and you speak to the lady there who will instruct you on invoking the Gods.

To invoke the Gods, simply press CTRL+I on your keyboard.

You will usually get a buff, but once a day you also get special coins which will go toward a special store exclusive to that currency. If the Gods like you, you will also get Astral Diamonds as well as some other random goodies.

A lot of the quest dialogues will explain what you must do. Sometimes I have had to re-read a quest a few times before I get what I need to do, so be sure to go through and read those dialogues as an NPC speaks to you. It will help get the most out of your story-line.
  • Options
    bloodyladiebloodyladie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thank you very much for the answer and srry for the double posting

Greetings BloodyLadie
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Q: Is PvP mandatory?

I'd like to try Neverwinter, but after mostly bad experiences with NWN1 PvP PWs, I want to play a game like this with no or purely optional (fun sometimes) PvP.

Tried searching, but too many results!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    rortie wrote: »
    Q: Is PvP mandatory?

I'd like to try Neverwinter, but after mostly bad experiences with NWN1 PvP PWs, I want to play a game like this with no or purely optional (fun sometimes) PvP.

Tried searching, but too many results!

No. PvP is ALWAYS optional in Neverwinter. NW and NWN are two different animals altogether. The only thing they share in common is the title "Neverwinter" in them, but nothing beyond that is even remotely related. I hate PvP with a passion . . . it depresses me to see grown people reduced to whining every time someone else presses the fire button and owns them in a set of pixels that are not even real.

I do PvP with friends sometimes to have fun, and in STO I have taken part in PvP for SSR Radio, but beyond that I stick to PvE :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I will add that PvP in Neverwinter is actually quite enjoyable most times. It will be better when the Classes are a bit better balanced but overall I had fun even though I expected to hate it.
    It's worth a shot even if you're like me and don't care for PvP.

But it is indeed entirely, 100% optional. :D
  • Options
    deviltyphoon2deviltyphoon2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When companion will have the possibility to reach a better level (> 15 )?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Max Levels of Companions:

Common - 15
    Uncommon (green) - 20
    Rare (Blue) - 25
    Epic Rare (Purple) - 30

If you get a companion which is a higher rarity the max level will be higher. There's still no information on when training tombs will be available, though.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Our guild is active and I can see it on the list when I search, but on a friends computer the guild name simply doesn't show up.
    I want to invite 4 new players I just invited to my guild, but the option on my friends list is grayed out.

If this is by design I would like to know why a social site would even think of doing this.

A guild member asked me to invite his alt and once he was online the grayed out 'invite to guild' bar became active. I don't know if I stumbled on part of my answer here or not because it really irks me to not be able to send invites to friends whenever I want.

I think every active guild should show up on the guild list. :(
  • Options
    nalorilnaloril Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi will there be a shard avaliability icon like in your other games ex: star trek online ? it is a pain to use the launcher that way
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Eek, you have a knack for asking me questions I don't have the slightest idea how to answer Killroy!
    I would just send in a Bug Report. I don't think that is intentional.

naloril wrote: »
    Hi will there be a shard avaliability icon like in your other games ex: star trek online ? it is a pain to use the launcher that way

The Shards will be merged into a single server architecture like STO and CO in time. There is a server status light on the launcher though. There is an icon to change your map instance next to the Minimap though; it looks like a blue crystal.

I hope this helps as your question could have been interpretted as meaning several different things. If not just ask again and I'll do my best to answer.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Eek, you have a knack for asking me questions I don't have the slightest idea how to answer Killroy!
    I would just send in a Bug Report. I don't think that is intentional.

It takes me forever to come up with new ones....:)

I did that first and no one there bit...
  • Options
    sandralmen09sandralmen09 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    will the aromor and weapons ever look diffrent. me and my friends have been playing for a few weeks now and none of our equipment looks any diffrent from when we started. is this because you have yet to design the asstetic look look or because you r keeping it the way it is and you only see change drasticly at every 20 lvls?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Check out Fury of the Feywild and read about the improvements to armor and weapon variety in the Developer Blog!
  • Options
    donblais84donblais84 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, there's not much point in complaining about the pace of leveling. it's crazy fast. But whats quite annoying, is that you can quickly out pace the dungeons I want to play, and there's no easy way to go do them. You need to manually FIND a group, which is annoying, and then manually go to the location as well?! Weak weak weak. The queue is the BEST place for this to be easily fixed. Just allow the player to queue up for ANY dungeon they meet the level requirements for. Don't "take away" things from the player because they are higher level. Same would be said for the Skirmishes too. I consider this a pretty big flaw in design.
This discussion has been closed.