test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

End-Game Loot System Changes Ready for Testing Soon!

Comments

• kaelon79kaelon79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    Will these changes also including fixing t2 DD chests to actually give you T2 loot?! It already feels like a waste of time when 75% of the loot from running a t2 is t1. I have almost 400 Drake Seals on my rogue and only one piece of my t2 armor because I get nothing but random t1 loot.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kaelon79 wrote: »
    Will these changes also including fixing t2 DD chests to actually give you T2 loot?! It already feels like a waste of time when 75% of the loot from running a t2 is t1. I have almost 400 Drake Seals on my rogue and only one piece of my t2 armor because I get nothing but random t1 loot.

Fixing? They work as designed.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Might as well bind crafted gear too, you know, since NO ONE USES IT. Aside from shirts and pants.
    edited June 2013
    serpenttt wrote: »
    Might as well bind crafted gear too, you know, since NO ONE USES IT. Aside from shirts and pants.

Inferior and a pain in the *** to make? Not really surprised no one cares about it.
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Inferior and a pain in the *** to make? Not really surprised no one cares about it.

That's exactly the point. There's absolutely no reason to use crafted purples over even the crappiest t1 set piece. Give crafted gear set bonuses then maybe.
  • ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Speaking as someone who has bought gear for my characters instead of actually farming it out of convenience, I still think this is a good change. Actually taking time to run the dungeons to farm the gear should mean something (even if I probably won't do it all that much), and under the current system, it simply doesn't.

Good change.
    edited June 2013
    ratrail wrote: »
    Speaking as someone who has bought gear for my characters instead of actually farming it out of convenience, I still think this is a good change. Actually taking time to run the dungeons to farm the gear should mean something (even if I probably won't do it all that much), and under the current system, it simply doesn't.

Good change.

I'd agree if there was an alternate way to earn AD in any meaningful quantity.
  • dukegoddarddukegoddard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Who in there right mind thought this was a good idea? It if your fault if you let end-gear flood into the market because you cannot properly test and fix glitches in a timely matter. How are new characters going to gear up, how are new classes? You have screwed every player who has spent the time to get their gear fairly and avoiding the bloody exploits.

This smells like an attempt to push more players to spend zen as well. Oh you cannot complete this T1 dungeon to gear up for T2? Buy from zen equipment! I have spent a considerable amount of money on this game because I have enjoyed it greatly, however if Cryptic or Prefect World, whichever the bloody company thought this was a good idea, I'm done and I assume a lot of the veteran players that have loved and supported your game from day one.

Thanks for nothing, listen to your community more before you even suggest something this absurd.
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh, so this must be why a ton of epic gear is missing from the AH..

Well, I sure missed out.. again.
    edited June 2013
    Who in there right mind thought this was a good idea? It if your fault if you let end-gear flood into the market because you cannot properly test and fix glitches in a timely matter. How are new characters going to gear up, how are new classes? You have screwed every player who has spent the time to get their gear fairly and avoiding the bloody exploits.

This smells like an attempt to push more players to spend zen as well. Oh you cannot complete this T1 dungeon to gear up for T2? Buy from zen equipment! I have spent a considerable amount of money on this game because I have enjoyed it greatly, however if Cryptic or Prefect World, whichever the bloody company thought this was a good idea, I'm done and I assume a lot of the veteran players that have loved and supported your game from day one.

Thanks for nothing, listen to your community more before you even suggest something this absurd.

Most of the epics on the AH are the crappy non tier loot. No cooldowns on epic instances and bad drop chances for t2 even during delves just means that pages of those boss drops end up on the ah for 2k AD.

Lots of t1 on there from all the frustrated players getting **** from their delve chest too.
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Best change.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • civildudecivildude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    With the loot system already being so poor for actually getting the loot you want I don't see this as being a positive change.
    inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
  • osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    civildude wrote: »
    With the loot system already being so poor for actually getting the loot you want I don't see this as being a positive change.

Yeah...unless they manipulate the drop tables this isn't a welcome change. If bosses dropped ya know, 5 epic pieces of loot per run. and DD chests gave an item guaranteed to be of the same tier of the dungeon. Then it wouldnt be so bad. But at the moment, this just sound like a major headache for the casual gamer.
  • iamsmokeyiamsmokey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LOL all about the money.... my gear is still unique to my CLASS seeing's there is only a limited amount of "TIER SETS" for my class how can this "change" possibly make my gear more unique than it is?? isn't transmuting your gear to look like other gear "unique" OH BY THE WORD "UNIQUE" you must mean THE Gear with the best "stats" (<<important word here) for your build??? so who gives to "" about how unique gear is??

remove gear on boe, = LESS AD per person = market house economy to change. which forces pay to win. which is ZEN. so in other words perfect world want more NET PROFIT from the game.

why would I feel the need to buy zen from perfect world and cash it in for diamonds after the patch if nothing is UNIQUE about the gear people sell??

only thing diamonds will be usefull for is enchants,shirts and pants. everything else gonna be gold and keys.

infact this could possible cripple the game due to fact people wont have a need to buy zen, unless its for certain cash shop items and that's only going be bags, mounts and pets. unless you release PAY TO WIN GEAR or pay2play content.

hard-core gamers who already maxed out there classes gonna quit due to fact be nothing to do.

don't even use the forums much for games but FELT THE NEED TO WITH THIS.
  • osirisofdoomosirisofdoom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just wanted to feedback a bit as an avid MMO player for the last ten years, the change you are considering is a good one, but only if some other changes come with it.

*If dungeon epics are Bind on Pickup, then the loot tables from dungeon delve chests needs to shrink to only dropping the appropriate tier armor piece + a chance at another random epic, or the blue enchanting shard. End bosses would also need to drop 1 set piece from their tier, usable by someone in the party and 1 random epic, along with the blue enchanting shard. Without a change like that, gearing will become near impossible.

*The astral diamond salvage NPC needs to reward an incredibly HEFTY amount of diamonds for certain gear, otherwise there will be no point in a geared character to ever set foot in dungeons again. Not everyone wants to reroll alts or another class in their spare time, and people will stop playing the game, which means less micro transactions, less player base, harder to find groups, more people leaving, and eventually a slow death of the game.

*Or give the ability for the salvage NPC to trade one tier piece for another. If I do a run, and we get tank boots from the frost dungeon, and nobody needs them, the salvage vendor should take those boots as a trade for the appropriate tier piece for the class that won them. I.e a rogue trades tank boots to the vendor for his rogue boots.

I look forward to the BOP change, but only if the loot system is enhanced and corrected, otherwise it is a bad, bad change. Please listen to the player base who has made this game an overnight success.
  • flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a horrible idea. Keeping the BEST items BoP makes sense but making everything so will just turn this into another soulless grind. I don't understand who would benefit from this, unless a new item appears in the ZEN store - "The unbinder, now only 1000ZEN". Please don't do this for everything, just BiS items. Think about what happens on release day if every new player is put at a disadvantage.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• xanquilxanquil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    Seriously; just get rid of N/G/P, and go to Individual loot. Making "end game" gear bop is not a good way to fix the problems. I will just make things worse like a lot of people already said.

As for breaking down items for AD love the idea, but it needs to be for more than dungeon gear.
  • fractalprismfractalprism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WereRat Thief and Jagged Dancing Blade will drop even more in price than the last few weeks.

Sets will be a massive chore to complete.

People who already have their gear wont run X dungeon anymore, ever, since you can't sell anything.
  • iamsmokeyiamsmokey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got full gear now, till new content. why should I run dungeons for less gold than im going for?
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am not a fan of this proposed change, not at all.

I hope you are able to read through this thread and see the legitimate concerns for what they are.

Please do not implement this 'Bind on Pickup' for the main servers.
    va8Ru.gif
  • chunkienoodle26chunkienoodle26 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This seems like a bad idea. What's the purpose of running dungeons if we're fully geared then? At least make the items Bind to Account or share-able between characters on the same accounts.
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wah, I want all my gear handed to me, I dont want to spend time working on my character, I want my character 1-60 and fully geared in a week. Shut up people, this will stop all the instant gratification. The only thing that will definitely be BoP is DD loot. If you don't need your DD loot you can turn it in for AD directly instead of selling it for pennies on the AH. Go check out the preview server and the constructively post your criticism.

Right now the economy is ****. Epic items worth 2k AD is nothing, that is less then 10 zen equivelant. Epic peices are cheaper then a dime. Less then 1 minute of work at your job. These things are worthless........ Stop complaining about this change and get on the preview server. I am all for it.

+10 for the devs, I love this.
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wah, I want all my gear handed to me, I dont want to spend time working on my character, I want my character 1-60 and fully geared in a week. Shut up people, this will stop all the instant gratification. The only thing that will definitely be BoP is DD loot. If you don't need your DD loot you can turn it in for AD directly instead of selling it for pennies on the AH. Go check out the preview server and the constructively post your criticism.

Right now the economy is ****. Epic items worth 2k AD is nothing, that is less then 10 zen equivelant. Epic peices are cheaper then a dime. Less then 1 minute of work at your job. These things are worthless........ Stop complaining about this change and get on the preview server. I am all for it.

+10 for the devs, I love this.

Ah youre talking about the non set <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> nobody cares about, how great. Why you don't mention the Stalwart t1 helm which sells for 1 million?
  • chunkienoodle26chunkienoodle26 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would say leave the current gear as is and make the Gauntlgrym gear (or make a T3 dungeon and gear) BOP.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They will release an unbind item on the cash shop.

2k zen ($20,00) to get.

Have fun.
  • theshadowlivestheshadowlives Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    assassin83 wrote: »
    They will release an unbind item on the cash shop.

2k zen ($20,00) to get.

Have fun.

I have purchased plenty of Zen related to this game.
    They won't see one zen from me for something like this.
  • reeferdtrinireeferdtrini Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is no need for bop of any gear, people should be entitled to farm get lucky and sell an item on the ah if they choose to that is the entire purpose of the ah.

If im working an i like the game and feel i want to spend money to buy zen to use the zen ad exchange to get an item that is also my choice and a mech the dev's put in. dont see how that bother's anyone else personally.

the new need only class items already suck's, make's o sense making the items now bop becasue now ontop of only getting your class item repeatedly, your further punished by not being able to make some extra ad. vender epics for ad? there is no game that ever made vendoring a item worthwhile cant see how or why pwe would start.

pwe always start good and makes stupid decision's, eg battle of immortals making all the events timed, that was the best way ever to kill off a game. and in the end they had to remove all the time lines but it was too late.now they introduce the same single event time nonsense into a new game.
  • thepaintraynthepaintrayn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a terrible idea!! We have a guild of 68 players that will most likely stop playing the game due to these changes. We run the dungeons with the purpose of helping out the guild, and trading off gear between players that it will it will benefit the most and / or sell the gear to get what we want. So, this change doesn't make sense and ruins the uniqueness of the game. One of the most attracting features in this game is that the gear is BOE, otherwise, your risk turning this game into another Wow / Rift grind fest that will eventually cause loot drama, cause people to rage quit and move on to a different MMO. This is a FTP game and with that being said, it is hard enough to keep peoples attentions as it is, adding these changes would be an Atom bomb!!

YOU MUST RECONSIDER THIS IDEA!!!
    Guild Officer - Paintrayn - Level 60 Great Weapons Fighter
  • pieszczotekpieszczotek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let me get this straight. Almost all the tier equipment will be BoP so the only way to get that end game T2 equipment is running dungeons like crazy. But considering that the T2 dungeons end chest give crappy T1 gear and it's almost a miracle to get anything better during a DD (except CN maybe) people who just reached end game content or are not in a guild (like me rely on PUG for party) or are just casuals will have a much harder time to obtain their equipment. Not to mention people who simply like to trade ingame. There will be no point to PvP anymore - you get your PvP set and might as well quit. When you get your T2 you can basicly stop doing dungeons altogether and wait for T3 dungeons to be released. The ones who will benefit from it the most will be hardcore gamers who will gather T2 gear before the patch hits and exchange it on the AH for insane prices. Yup really love the idea. Good going Cryptic!

The only way I see this idea might work is if the salvageable goods that will be offered will be worth it (like exchange for zen purchasable goods) and at the same time they up the chance to get good gear from end chests. And it might help to redesign the dungeons alltogether with the insane amount of adds dropping greens and add-spamming bosses ( impossible wish i know :p).
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    YOU MUST RECONSIDER THIS IDEA!!!

They won't. Its Perfect World.
This discussion has been closed.