test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

End-Game Loot System Changes Ready for Testing Soon!

Comments

• brutallsbrutalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I only say BYE BYE my AD income :)

But there is still PVP daily reward 4k AD, and Foundry 4k AD...
    U need like 2-3h for 8k AD not so bad. And u can buy for that AD almost 1 enchantment, rank 2 at NPC shop.

I say bad idea.
  • computerlamecomputerlame Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is worst change that u could do to this game.
    1)right now me & my guild run CN & delves to get AD becouse we r fully geared so we have something to do even now but with bop gear when u finish content what r u supposed to do? thats right nothing leave the game.
    2) if u get item that u already have or dont need right now u can sell it on AH & still gain something for your run with your change u get 1.5 gold - thats trash
    3) what do u suppose people will trade in AH after this change? nothing? nice
    4) what is the purpose of AD get enchants then what? why buy zen if u cant get anything u already dont have?
  • jeadeyerocksjeadeyerocks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    really dont want to get a 5k ad reward at the end of an hour long dungeon.
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yliana1 wrote: »
    I can just lol at the people defending this change with stuff like : Now you have to "work" for your gear,or be skilled to clear stuff to get it etc etc..

You all do realize that,there is a chance that you NEVER EVER get your set complete? Or never ever get that t2 Weapon you so badly want even if your group clears t2 content while the cleric is making love with the gwf,the cw is afk on the phone and your tr is sleeping on the keyboard... While your Friend that is in another premade group,gets the same piece you so desperately want,every run,and all he can do with it is salvage it for a few unrefined AD..

Sorry,but there is nothing good or fun in a change that means i have to get lucky to get the gear i want. And nothing else it is,luck,not skill.. Im all for good play beeing rewarded,but not with a rng factor added on top of it ^^
    Thats obvious timesink,and moneygrabbing... Next we sell "unbind" scrolls in the ZEN store and there we go.. wouldnt be the first time,although thats just me seeing things a bit darker then they are currently so nvm that one...

Again,defending the change with saying now having gear means having skill or feels like an achievement is BS.. All it means is you were lucky that the things you needed dropped eventually.

GL and have fun :)

ok and if the item you want is on the AH for 15 millions of AD, or 100$, and it stays that way because there's very few people that can drops and since there is no money sinks 1% of the server holds 90% of the economy, you might never still get the piece of gear you need, it's irrelevant of the BoP/BoE argument, it's more like a dropping frequency issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dartakx wrote: »
    I have a job too, actually i play less than 2-3 hours per day, i'm very busy at the moment. I have bills to pay too.

It's not my sense of accomplishment i care about, it's the fact that the game is a grind fest, it's more efficient to buy everything, do everything after while there is no challenge to then make profit to cover your expense... that's not the game i want.

To be honest i bought some of my gear too, i have no shame to say it, it's actually the norm, since it helps you to get your investment back quickly, i just find bad some people are excluding classes or less geared people that don't buy their stuff so they won't slow down their profit. It's ridiculous, we are able to get all best in slot enchant/gear in a week. The game is already corrupted and he's dying of it, i enjoy this game and i don't want this to happen. No ones does nothing except PvP or farming gear, i would really like to know how many of the 60 that have CN gear, how many of them actually entered in the instance ?

I think it more desirable to make people playing the game instead of this. If it takes months to get geared and the amount of effort/pleasure needed to do is bad, i will complain, but so far we don't have this information. But we have the information the way the game is right now is just plain bad, and i would welcome a change in that direction. They have the potential to make unique items BoP
    in dungeons, while rewarding the less lucky and the more casual people, without making a pointless game where the content is secondary.

Understood. and well written.
    However my friend. same as what i and EVERYONE on this forum is posting...is stating our OWN opinion.
    In your opinion. You want the game to be a certain way. As to your idea of having fun.
    There's nothing wrong with that.

NOW as things are, you have the OPTION to farm your gear, explore the content, etc etc, should you WANT to.
    On the otherside, there are ppl like me, who like to buy stuff, pvp, go dungeoun should i CHOOSE to, or do WHATEVER i want.

The problem with this new changes is. it is taking away MY option...and forcing YOURS down my throat.
    I don't think you live in a dictatorship, neither do i.......So the outrage here from me and others is....WHY are our options being taken away?

Also genuinely....i like this game. I like the looks, i like my mount, i like that i can step into any, foundry, dungeoun,pvp, that i WANT. If this changes are implemented. We will see a few bad things happening.
    One is...the longevity of this game depends on players.....Like i said before...new players coming in, are gonna realise that they are at a distinct disadvantage, cos they will farm their lives away...not to be better, but just ON PAR with ppl already in the game.

Ppl will get bored of getting owned, the ubers will get bored of owning ppl....and soon all of us would have left. Then a whole new generation would come....but sadly, we won't be part of it...cos we LEFT.
    I don't wanna leave. I'm having fun now. I go pvp...own and GET owned, cos ppl are more or less on the same level. THATS fun.
    I just ran a spell plague for the hell of it today, cos i FELT like it.

Options......choices....don't take it away from us.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    me & my guild run CN & delves to get AD becouse we r fully geared

This game has not even been released yet and you and your guild are at max level, and fully geared, with nothing to do but amass large amounts of AD. It's amazing the arguments players are posting on this thread without even realizing the irony of their arguments ... and that those arguments are exactly the reason PW is implementing these changes.

/smh ...
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    This change constitutes a bait-and-switch IMO

Keen observation. Suck you in, then pull a quick one. Precisely why I am so upset.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lashes wrote: »
    This game has not even been released yet and you and your guild are at max level, and fully geared, with nothing to do but amass large amounts of AD. It's amazing the arguments players are posting on this thread without even realizing the irony of their arguments ... and that those arguments are exactly the reason PW is implementing these changes.

/smh ...

This game was released when Open Beta started. Be serious for a minute. If this game was really getting released on the 20th, there would be a wipe.

These changes really feel like they are aimed at people buying expensive Zen store items for AD. PWE doesn't make any money from that.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited June 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    Understood. and well written.
    However my friend. same as what i and EVERYONE on this forum is posting...is stating our OWN opinion.
    In your opinion. You want the game to be a certain way. As to your idea of having fun.
    There's nothing wrong with that.

NOW as things are, you have the OPTION to farm your gear, explore the content, etc etc, should you WANT to.
    On the otherside, there are ppl like me, who like to buy stuff, pvp, go dungeoun should i CHOOSE to, or do WHATEVER i want.

The problem with this new changes is. it is taking away MY option...and forcing YOURS down my throat.
    I don't think you live in a dictatorship, neither do i.......So the outrage here from me and others is....WHY are our options being taken away?

Also genuinely....i like this game. I like the looks, i like my mount, i like that i can step into any, foundry, dungeoun,pvp, that i WANT. If this changes are implemented. We will see a few bad things happening.
    One is...the longevity of this game depends on players.....Like i said before...new players coming in, are gonna realise that they are at a distinct disadvantage, cos they will farm their lives away...not to be better, but just ON PAR with ppl already in the game.

Ppl will get bored of getting owned, the ubers will get bored of owning ppl....and soon all of us would have left. Then a whole new generation would come....but sadly, we won't be part of it...cos we LEFT.
    I don't wanna leave. I'm having fun now. I go pvp...own and GET owned, cos ppl are more or less on the same level. THATS fun.
    I just ran a spell plague for the hell of it today, cos i FELT like it.

Options......choices....don't take it away from us.

Understood. and well written. I just feel, economy will get worse when the stock pile of AD will enter in the economy. And people will continue to do so, and at some point it might compromise that option when everything will get out of price and the economy will be run by a small minority.

Actually i'm not really totally for a change from BoE to BoP, i'm just against everything BoE and buyable. I think there should be a change about how the economy is right now, and maybe their change as a whole might give a breath to the game. It's just getting into neverstockexchange, better farming than playing, better playing the AH than the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    This game was released when Open Beta started

mhm ... even so, how long has that been?

Exactly.
    edited June 2013

Exactly.

Exactly nothing.

You're seriously claiming that guy who farmed early and hard to make AD is why this change is happening? NW should have had mechanics in place to regulate items entering the economy months ago. The lack of mechanics allowed me to make several million AD selling items to lazy people.

Nothing in this game gets fixed fast enough. These changes do nothing to address the massive gap between early players and new adopters.

Blaming players for this is asinine.
    edited June 2013
    Understood. and well written. I just feel, economy will get worse when the stock pile of AD will enter in the economy. And people will continue to do so, and at some point it might compromise that option when everything will get out of price and the economy will be run by a small minority.

Actually i'm not really totally for a change from BoE to BoP, i'm just against everything BoE and buyable. I think there should be a change about how the economy is right now, and maybe their change as a whole might give a breath to the game. It's just getting into neverstockexchange, better farming than playing, better playing the AH than the game.

Yeah...i feel you.
    I support the idea of boe/bop on the NEED roles. what i don't support is the TOTAL stoppage of items reaching the AH and ppl who choose to buy it are unable to.
    Honestly i never "ninjaed" One thing before. Infact the other day, My wife, my friend and me ran pirates, i GAVE my friend a purple that he said he needed for his alt.
    The new changes will take away my ability to do this again...or any other things that anyone chooses to do. It's really quite crazy. Like i'm playing is some prison....and my rights are what the WARDEN says they are.....

About the small minority taking control....If things are kept the way they are now, there is actually LESS chance of that happening, cos ppl with top gears are spread out. I mean when u pvp, u can see the myriad of different ppl all in different guilds with top gears.

Whats more likely to happen, is when these changes come in...ALL it takes is a few guys to stand up and say..."HEY the new content is out, wanna "form an alliance and OWN gauntyl till everyone of us have the new stuff?"
    If you played MMOS alot...u otice THIS happens alot...when the playing field is unbalanced between ppl who HAVE, and ppl who CAN'T get.

Just leave things the way they are or make the boe/bop on NEED is my opinion.
    edited June 2013

Exactly.

about 40 days, 40 days for some people to get max geared/enchants and many millions of AD are sitting waiting for new stuff, that will then be used to set the prices of the new items to absurd amount, their economic system is failing and will continue to do so, because the money spent on gear will increase and increase at each new content cleared and that money will never be sunk, there will be so much inflation it will jeopardize their cash shop and it will create absurdly rich AD players and only a few % of them will be able to buy gear in AD, or in Zen.

They need a change if it's not BoP i have no idea quickly.

They need a way to sink AD and stop the growth of Ad from selling/buying gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    about 40 days, 40 days for some people to get max geared/enchants and many millions of AD are sitting waiting for new stuff, that will then be used to set the prices of the new items to absurd amount, their economic system is failing and will continue to do so, because the money spent on gear will increase and increase at each new content cleared and that money will never be sunk, there will be so much inflation it will jeopardize their cash shop and it will create absurdly rich AD players and only a few % of them will be able to buy gear in AD, or in Zen.

Nah, remember that most of the new items will be BoP too.

People sitting on huge AD now will buy cheap Zen while they can and just get anything off the store with a tangible game impact for "free".
    edited June 2013
    Nah, remember that most of the new items will be BoP too.

People sitting on huge AD now will buy cheap Zen while they can and just get anything off the store with a tangible game impact for "free".

Hence why i think BoP is good, but i do agree like other people here it's not a perfect solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • showyofaceduckshowyofaceduck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I personally love this system (I firmly believe you shouldn't be able to throw your wallet at the screen to attain the best gear) I can see why many lazy, short-on-time, AD farming salesmen, or people who just hate to grind are going to hate this, but really the only ones you have to blame for updates like this is yourselves. They made nearly everything BoE and how did the community respond? Ninja looters ruined the random queue/pug options by kicking/needing everything they could get their hands on so they could make AD by selling it.

I love this update, it'll make it a bit harder to get gear but hopefully it'll put an end to most of the Ninja's.

EDIT: I could also live happy with the NEED roll only being BoP, but then Ninja kicks might still happen.
    edited June 2013
    Exactly nothing.

You're seriously claiming that guy who farmed early and hard to make AD is why this change is happening? NW should have had mechanics in place to regulate items entering the economy months ago. The lack of mechanics allowed me to make several million AD selling items to lazy people.

Nothing in this game gets fixed fast enough. These changes do nothing to address the massive gap between early players and new adopters.

Blaming players for this is asinine.

No but it has everything to do with complete guilds reaching max level, becoming fully geared, and left with nothing to do but farm for large amounts of AD.

Focus.
    edited June 2013
    No but it has everything to do with complete guilds reaching max level and becoming fully geared before the game has been even released.

Focus.

Game has been released already.

Focus.
    edited June 2013

Focus.

/Not worth the effort
    edited June 2013

Focus.

"Game release" could be used to designate a date, whether you believe it or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    While I personally love this system (I firmly believe you shouldn't be able to throw your wallet at the screen to attain the best gear) I can see why many lazy, short-on-time, AD farming salesmen, or people who just hate to grind are going to hate this, but really the only ones you have to blame for updates like this is yourselves. They made nearly everything BoE and how did the community respond? Ninja looters ruined the random queue/pug options by kicking/needing everything they could get their hands on so they could make AD by selling it.

I love this update, it'll make it a bit harder to get gear but hopefully it'll put an end to most of the Ninja's.

EDIT: I could also live happy with the NEED roll only being BoP, but then Ninja kicks might still happen.

I'm glad you love it.
    HOWEVER....seeing your 'throw wallet at screen" comment....
    You DO KNOW that this game we are playing is a COMPANY right.
    Do you honestly think, they are gonna kill off their cash cow?
    I bet my LAST CENT...in doing this seemingly cash loss move...they have a TRIPLE CASH EARNING scheme in the works.

Just remember u heard it here first.
    New lockboxes that give a small chance to drop uber gear...$1usd per box.
    Call me the LORD PROPHET DEVLINNE after it happens^^
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Worst idea ever. Making purple gear bind on pickup, you might as well remove the AH from the game altogether.
    I really hope this doesn't go through, if it does then I guess I'm done with the game.
    I do definitely appreciate the salvage thingie though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad you love it.
    I bet my LAST CENT...in doing this seemingly cash loss move...they have a TRIPLE CASH EARNING scheme in the works.

While i was skeptic about some of your prophecy, this one is more likely to happens, i could see it called: "Gauntlgrym Artifact Boxes" with the "Ancient Dwarves Keys" to get a chance to win a Ram mount and many more more cool stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad you love it.

Honestly, If the company doesn't make a profit we don't have a game. I can understand the push back behind the motive, but I don't think anyone should really be surprised that a company made for profit would like to make a ... um ... profit.
  • showyofaceduckshowyofaceduck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, Lord Prophet, that COULD be the way they are taking it, but it could be going in the exact opposite direction. If we all start to assume everyone and everything is evil and only after your money while sacking the game in the process, why would anyone be here? I've been here since CB and seen large changes (that I believe) are going to the right direction; hell most of the changes I've seen are directly from the forums/game chats.

You can sit there and believe that every update that comes out will kill the game because it'll hurt some AD farmer's profits, I'd rather enjoy the game and watch as it grows without you.
  • lucangenehmlucangenehm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maligkn0 wrote: »
    i am 100% sure ill quit this game if they implement it.

You will be not the only one..
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not too hard to imagine that they have some sort of plan to replace the income from people buying zen to sell it for AD to buy gear.

They have to be thinking that there is some way they can profit more than that. But they are wrong and people are just going to leave because we didn't come to NW for a grind. Ultimately the change will amount to taking the D&D intellectual property out behind the shed and snuffing it, adding yet another barren wasteland to PWE's trophy case of junk.

Seems like their ultimate goal is to shuffle Neverwinter out of the top spot on that list and hide it right amongst the others so they don't have to worry so much about it anymore.

Update your resumes, Cryptic devs.
    edited June 2013
    You will be not the only one..

I do hope that you and yours will reconsider and stay but I think it is pretty much a given that populations in MMOs fluctuate consderably. In other words, players come and go and there are generally no hard feelings when it happens.
  • bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally, I'm fine with it. As long as there is a token system which allow us to acquire the same item after 10 runs or so. I hate the RND system and don't feel like making my life goal trying to find one item. Make it like glory system, get enough glory get your bound piece.
  • lucangenehmlucangenehm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do hope that you and yours will reconsider and stay but I think it is pretty much a given that populations in MMOs fluctuate consderably. In other words, players come and go and there are generally no hard feelings when it happens.

My hole Guild was kinda shocked about the latest patch, DC is just boring as fck.. Then this got released today, its like, they trying to banish people...
This discussion has been closed.