test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

End-Game Loot System Changes Ready for Testing Soon!

Comments

• vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kekekekeke right
  • mynameisroustmynameisroust Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    Ya completing the same content 500 times for entertainment

I think there are plenty of grindy mmos out there you could go grind yourself into a drooling catatonic state and not ruin this one thanks

Already been farming CN so not sure what else you want me to complete, there will be no reason for me to run anything if this change goes through

Again, if completing content is not enjoyable at all for you, than why does getting gear at all matter? In all honesty, I don't understand why people complain about "grinding" (also known as playing the game) when they would rather buy gear and afk in town all day. Sorry, but I will never be convinced otherwise.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well you can lead a horse to water so they say

Enjoy your grindy, empty game if you get your way
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm no dungeoncrawler yet, just got my characters in glory-bought gear and bought some jewelry from the AH.

That's what I thought it was for, to complete or complement your stuff and I really like that.

Something is wrong though when I can get all my stuff from the AH, including exclusive items. And right now, everyone and their mother-in-law is selling everything.

I think the idea is fine, but they apply it too broadly and the drop-rate needs to be tweaked so it drops more stuff your character can use. Maybe implement something like the normal (solo) dungeons, where you more or less know what the drop will be and what you're fighting for.
    edited June 2013
    That would be a more reasonable and sane approach to implementing something like this

But PWE would likely prefer to just hamfist it
    edited June 2013
    Well you can lead a horse to water so they say

Enjoy your grindy, empty game if you get your way

It would become empty much faster at the rate it currently is at. Think about it, people simply buy gear to afk in town with rather than play the game and enjoy the process.

btw see you tomorrow
    edited June 2013
    I PVP or I log out so not sure why you keep bringing up AFKing

by process you mean grindfest, don't be ashamed of your passion
    edited June 2013
    I PVP or I log out so not sure why you keep bringing up AFKing

by process you mean grindfest, don't be ashamed of your passion

There you have it folks, playing the game is now a "grind fest", this is not your genre of game in all honesty if a change like this actually makes you consider not playing anymore.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bring on the buckets, I need to catch some of those delicious tears.
    edited June 2013
    Can you tell me how many times I should run each dungeon for head/chest/arms/feet to meet your definition of "completing the content"?

In "this genre of game" when you have really completed the content, it's now known as "on farm". Everything is already on farm. Except, if I've got BiS, and everything is BoP except <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear, then what am I farming for?

Oh, right, "completing the content". Wait, what? Go play a korean grinder.
  • zzhylawzzhylaw Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This change sounds great to me. I thought it was kind of odd being able to just buy the best gear in the game. Whats the point of running heroic dungeons if I can buy everything on the AH? This is a much needed change to make Neverwinter a full fledged mmo and not a pastime. If you are incapable of completing the difficult content you don't get the rewards.
  • saintblack1saintblack1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why are you guys killing the game? if this release aswell no one will play this ****!
  • zzhylawzzhylaw Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most of the comments on here are whining about not being able to buy a full set of best in slot gear for an alt without putting any effort forth. Its really a shame that the gaming community has gotten to the point that people are hell bent on instant gratification. What is the point of buying all this gear and sitting around in Protectors Enclave doing nothing? You don't have to be hardcore to run a dungeon every now and then to acquire gear, its supposed to be a process, not something that takes two hours. THIS TYPE OF SYSTEM IS IN JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER MMO THAT CURRENTLY LIVE... remember that people before you jump on the hate train.

quoted for great justice
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bad idea. But as usual, you'll release it on the test shard and pass it over to the live one without hearing any concerns. This is going to harm the free to play model and people having bad luck on dungeon drops. Trade make healthy games. That would be a huge step backward.

If i can't sell loots from dungeons to market price (don't tell me you're going to offer me 400k ADs for some T2s), there's no point running them.

If you want people to feel they have achieved something, make **** hard content, not buggy races to easy last bosses. Yep, even castle never is easy... Make something hard, lasting longer. And fix your game first and see what happens before killing trade!
    edited June 2013
    Just what we always wanted, every other MMO. Great argument.

What he fails to realize, is his "improvement" to the game ultimately winds up with him (not me) sitting around in enclave anyway. He just wants to make a 2nd job of getting there for some masochistic reason.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I liked NW because it was not as grindy as ... eh, certain other games ... I could run a dungeon, maybe get an Item I didn't need, but I could sell it at the AH and buy something I actually needed. Now I would have to run the same stupid dungeon a huge number of times to get the exact piece I wanted. Well, actually, *I* won't do that because I already have a full T2 gear set, but this would be a massive annoyance to new players - and that means I am absolutely not going to level a second char.

I am not saying this change will kill the game - it will just be one more thing that turns the game from a "fun" one into a mindless grind. I am going to hang around for a while, but I would not be surprised to see the player numbers go down if this happens.

Stupid move.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited June 2013
    Some people want to have a place to feel superior to others based purely on their ability to tolerate countless hours of monotonous grinding. That's what they think this genre is supposed to be. Every single game. Not one can be different.
  • scannjerscannjer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    Finally something good!

If you want your gear... then go and earn it!
    It's really annoying to see people running around in BiS gear and to have no idea how to play their class...

I'm sure that Gaunt dungeons will drop all Tier 1/Tier 2 set items, so if you really want that gear... you should be able to get it there easily... not like now!

Full support for this changes! ;)
  • okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I can't believe what I am reading here. So many spoiled brat whining: "I've already got BiS so what I will do noooow? I wanna earn my astraaaal diamoooonds, thats what I am playing foooor!".

Yeah, you are already BiS because devs have made some bad decisions right from the beginning, making it possible to buy everything with 0 effort. Now they are going to fix it so no more millions of Astral Diamonds for you from selling stuff from exploited content. Go play something else, wait, I forgot everywhere else you will have to earn what you wear too. What a shame.
    edited June 2013
    There must be something we are missing. Keep one thing in mind: The developers would not implement something that is likely to cause them to lose money, right?

So, with BoP, it means that people will not be able to buy Zen, convert it to ADs and buy a complete T2 set on the AH within minutes of hitting lvl 60. Less Zen sales -> less profit. This is obviously not the plan - so how are they going to get the cash back that they will lose because of this change?
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ya know...i calmly read the post....and started thinking.......came up with a blank.

I can't understand WHY you would make this changes? It's just OUSTIDE the realm of logic.
    I mean, you already made it so that only the class that can use it, gets to roll on it...THAT was logical.

What was wrong with a beautiful system? You run dungeouns, a piece drops for your class, however it's not the piece you want, so u sell it on ah. With the ad gained from that you buy the piece you DO want.....Was there something wrong with this?

Perhaps, whoever thought up this idea....needs to realise a few points....

1) Your MAIN SOURCE of money...is not from the(i'm sorry but it's a fact)MEDIOCRE things u sell in your zen shop. Your main source comes from ppl charging zen, selling that zen for AD and then buying want they want off the auction house. If they CAN'T buy the stuff they want off the auction house...why would they charge zen? If you think i'm talking rubbish...go through your game logs...see for yourself. How many ppl actually charge zen to buy your*ahem* items from zen shop...and how many ppl convert zen straight to ad and hit the auction house? Perhaps after checking this...you will FIRE the guy that came up with this...or at least slap his/her face for us please.

2) Kids on holiday, or no responsibilities, are free to run your dungeouns for 16 hrs++ to get their gear/set settled. They WILL get it, they will be happy, u get paid NOTHING. Adults however with credit cards and earn enough to splurge on their HOBBY, don;t have such free time, BUT they love their hobby...so to stay on a competitive level....what you think they gonna do? Do i have to SPELL it out? I better...if you thought this idea up...i better make it clear. Adults will BUY ZEN and change it to ad, and BUY what they want from the auction house.

3) HUMANS like convenience. This is a FACT. Everything in our lives is evolving everyday to make things MORE CONVENIENT for us. This proposed implementation will INCONVENIENCE the ppl that PAY you. Like i said, there are those with alot of free time, and those that don't have much. Your existing system now caters to BOTH. All is well, kids get ad cos adults BUY their stuff that they farmed. You get MONEY, cos the kids farmed the stuff the adults want, so they CHARGE zen for it. BEAUTIFUL system.....It aint broke don't fix it.

4) I kinda guess whatcha trying to do. You're making it so, that gear is gonna be uber hard to obtain, then you're gonna come out with "the special box!" That has a chance to drop the best gear if we buy a thousand of it.......
    Guys...this may have worked 4 years ago....Ppl have too many options these days to be suckered like that.
    This is totally speculation....but if you INDEED are planning that. I'm sorry to say....You will fail.

I hope i've at least reached your brain and made you think abit about this changes....Like is aid...It just doesnt make sense....UNLESS my point 4...is right on the MONEY^^
    We'll see.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
    edited June 2013
    I can't believe what I am reading here. So many spoiled brat whining: "I've already got BiS so what I will do noooow? I wanna earn my astraaaal diamoooonds, thats what I am playing foooor!".

Yeah, you are already BiS because devs have made some bad decisions right from the beginning, making it possible to buy everything with 0 effort. Now they are going to fix it so no more millions of Astral Diamonds for you from selling stuff from exploited content. Go play something else, wait, I forgot everywhere else you will have to earn what you wear too. What a shame.

I can't believe so many brats are whining "waaah I can't spend all day every day in an MMO and feel superior to others who go outside sometimes because they can actually clear 4/4 CN wearing a crappy PVP set the day after hitting level 60, make it grindy so time spent makes me better than you!"

Plenty of other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> games for that. There's the door.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so f2p or low lvl zen spender 100$ or less can forget now to earn enough ad to buy high lvl gems ,mounts,pets ....what a great idea
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    There must be something we are missing. Keep one thing in mind: The developers would not implement something that is likely to cause them to lose money, right?

So, with BoP, it means that people will not be able to buy Zen, convert it to ADs and buy a complete T2 set on the AH within minutes of hitting lvl 60. Less Zen sales -> less profit. This is obviously not the plan - so how are they going to get the cash back that they will lose because of this change?

Read my point number 4 below your post^^.
    It happened 4 years ago....they think nobody got wiser since then^^
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • gakonastickgakonastick Member Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    The Tale of Five Former Friends
    By Gakonastick

Five friends join together to form a party for a dungeon delve event. The five friends then proceed to bicker amongst each other over what epic to do.

One friend states, ''I need to do Frozen Heart to find <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> boots to complete my set''. Another screams, "but I need to get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> helm to complete mine". Yet another says " I'm not doing any other epic but Spider Temple because I need <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> armor to complete MY set!"

The five friends proceed to argue with each other till they realize there is no purpose in playing with one another anymore, never to party together again.

The End
    edited June 2013
    Or maybe there will be an "unbinding" item that you can buy for Zen ....

Anyhow, I'll see how this turns out, but quite frankly - if this goes in, I predict a serious drop in the player numbers. We'll see.
  • onyxghost1onyxghost1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alot of casual gamers will lose slowly but surely lose interest if this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of idea goes through.
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yramrag wrote: »
    Step back a moment, and think about why Cryptic is doing this. There was a vocal complain about ninja looting, and the new need-button-grey out-if-not-your-class will only work so much. You still have the situation where a player already with BiS gears Needing and depriving a party member of the same class who really needed the gear. BoP will solve this GREEDY PLAYER issue.

Whose fault is it that Cryptic is implementing this? The greedy players. If everyone would be decent, greed to sell instead of needing to sell, we wouldn't even have this at all. But people are greedy, so there.

My suggestion is this: item becomes BoP if it was NEEDED. If not, they remain BoE. Now you can eliminate ninja looting, and still able to make trading possible.

Uh no it won't.. Did you forget about the salvage NPC? So these ninjas will still NEED your weapon and sell it to the NPC for 10k AD.. GG solved nothing.
  • endofendsendofends Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll have to see how this turns out, but I have one main problem with it.

If I am any class other than a Devoted Cleric, and I need to get an Icon for my Stone of Allure companion, how am I supposed to do this after the patch? I can no longer buy them from the auction house, I can't loot them from dungeons, because there will always be a Devoted Cleric in the party rolling need on it (Because they can, and we can't), and I can't make a DC alt and mail it to the required character, because it's bound when picked up.

The Icon in the Stone of Allure is just one example, but you're going to make it near impossible to put decent gear in most of our companions.
  • imobiusimobius Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You money <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> S.O.Bs...
This discussion has been closed.