test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Maintenance - 06/13/13 (Look here for slow launcher patching)

Comments

• Options
    bowiethemantisbowiethemantis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just finished patching, some advice that might be useful to someone:
    -Disable firewall/antivirus (enable after finishing)
    -If the download stops, close and restart, it saves the progress.
    -I have checked force verify and disable on-demand patching in the options.

Hope it helps
  • Options
    jelleh21jelleh21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mrtoken wrote: »
    I have no Clue why everyone is complaining READ the PATCH Notes while you are waiting my download is fine I am at 89% and still going

We're complaining because we have every right to. There's nothing wrong with a good complaint, as long as you're not completely rude like that "tormeanted" guy a page or two back, calling everyone 're-tards'. When you pay money for something you're entitled to complain.
  • Options
    jagoritannajagoritanna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    stuck on 11.0MB / 38%.

um.. so, the whole patch is only 29MB?

shouldn't that take about 3 minutes to download even on my slowbutt DSL?

wait now it's 13.5MB / 38%

yeah I think the patcher has issues with... math.

EXACTLY the same for me about where it's stuck.

But 29mb is what's left at this time. Everytime I disconnect from patcher and it reconnects, it updates how much is left to download. But it's funny that you and I are at the exact same place from % and MB. Anyone else?
  • Options
    elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dmolisher1 wrote: »
    Well i am patching again ...
    Around 9 % done -> but speed varies from 4Kb/sec to a little more.
    This remind me off the amiga era - in the electronic-stoneage with dialup modem.

Sorry guys we have to physically update each file in your client. We hope you understand.
  • Options
    rudolphobhrudolphobh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jeahanne wrote: »
    When my launcher finally opened I got an internet explorer window pop-up too, but it was after the launcher took forever to log me in. Although my pop-up window said "Internet Explorer could not display the page". (I use Firefox as my default as well)

Yep, that's exactly what happened with me. Not sure what is up with that.
  • Options
    adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    Don't hate the rage fest that will continue to escalate. It is amusing reading. I am at about 10 minutes per 1%. Got 95% more to go.
  • Options
    jelleh21jelleh21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shaft805 wrote: »
    So since the update had anyone else had patching issues

Nope, everything's fine. It's all you.
  • Options
    baium666baium666 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello , can some1 pls tell me why the game is not working no more ? I patched 2 times already , 1 from normal launcher and it didnt start and then i used my game booster and he patched again , but that is not the point , he fully patched and now at the launcher it just say Version :the game version ofc , and it just loads . , .. , ... etc and thats it ! Some 1 give me a hint pls ? ty in advance :)
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Training tombs? Oh wow, my sick imagination XD

ha, didn't notice I typed a B and not an E...that's what I get for posting without having coffee yet.
  • Options
    byllyyybyllyyy Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2013
    Stuck at 26 %.. this is when it disconnects me AND starts over.. Whats The Matter????
  • Options
    azmoran11azmoran11 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    baium666 wrote: »
    Hello , can some1 pls tell me why the game is not working no more ? I patched 2 times already , 1 from normal launcher and it didnt start and then i used my game booster and he patched again , but that is not the point , he fully patched and now at the launcher it just say Version :the game version ofc , and it just loads . , .. , ... etc and thats it ! Some 1 give me a hint pls ? ty in advance :)

Hello! Welcome to Earth, I am its leader, you may purchase Earth by giving me a spacecraft. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Why does it get stuck at 26%??? this is maddening..
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    azmoran11 wrote: »
    Hello! Welcome to Earth, I am its leader, you may purchase Earth by giving me a spacecraft. Thanks!

+1. This sure beat my RTFPost reply.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And it dosent save the progress either??? Whats wrong?
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    byllyyy wrote: »
    Why does it get stuck at 26%??? this is maddening..

this_is_madness_300.jpg

And it does save your progress. Try paying attention to the total left to download next time it closes.
  • Options
    rasmuseprasmusep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    Guess the resident server hamster is dead. Just as my DL speed
  • Options
    kultyzkultyz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    The download speed is quite terrible.

Maybe hosting a file of the patch in some place could be useful to speed this up?

If everyone didnt download from the same place it would be faster.

EDIT: i've downloaded 23 MB in 1 hour....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Neverwinter books
  • Options
    kazanlikkazanlik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just adding my own to the mix. I'm getting data anywhere from 30 second a megabyte to 1 minute a megabyte. Launcher as now says Patched "55.3MB / 436MB Received 32.1MB - 12%" I figure if this rate continues, I've got about a 4 to 5 hour wait.
  • Options
    adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    I have improved to 2% per 10 minutes! Got 92% to go.
  • Options
    vorphevorphe Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    haha, I have 144Mbps connectivity speed and am "unable to connect to launcher...after almost two hours, at 12%

Excuse me, mr. PWE forum mod, why does the launcher come to a screeching halt after patches?

295a9ep.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    *cough* Bit Torrent *cough*

I'd seed it. C'mon.
  • Options
    htgblackguardhtgblackguard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic Launcher doesn't get any connection on my side :(
  • Options
    pskittenpskitten Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Connecting and disconnecting, over and over.
    = w=
  • Options
    doktorvonwerdoktorvonwer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can't open the launcher anymore, apparently can't connect to patch server at all.

Which is annoying, because I already successfully patches and was playing an hour ago...
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wonder how long it will take before people start realizing they're not actually starting over each time it closes.
  • Options
    tiddly1tiddly1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they need a mirror site to get patches from because their patch server obviously cant handle the traffic after a new patch
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    Wonder how long it will take before people start realizing they're not actually starting over each time it closes.

not sure, but maybe if the pathcer can connect at all would help allot ;)
  • Options
    rasmuseprasmusep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    Well I guess you can excuse them, this being a major patch, no pre-patching was done, and also them being a new and inexperienced develop.. o wait. Nevermind.
  • Options
    amdusiasiamdusiasi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    God damit im stuck on 12 % what in the hell is going on are the hamsters in the wheel dead? Jesus christ almighty.
  • Options
    kultyzkultyz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    i still think if they host the patch file on another server or even a p2p torrent could make many of the people downloading speed up things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Neverwinter books