test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Maintenance - 06/13/13 (Look here for slow launcher patching)

Comments

• Options
    darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    Hmmm i just have a small feeling that while my patcher *has paused* it will resume and give me a big jump in % So I'm holding on...i'm not exiting patcher
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ah well not wasting more time today, maybe patcher will be fixed tomorrow
  • Options
    sdrtriplexsdrtriplex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    51% back to 44% LOL
  • Options
    elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know bout' anybody else. When i try some patching i cut myself woah
  • Options
    jagoritannajagoritanna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    If only there were some kind of peer to peer client that would allow us to stream and share!

• Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No way in.

Patching takes forever.

Google Chrome gateway let's me in, refuses to respond to choose task command - cannot craft.
    IE gateway won't send the email but demands a one time code.

Game completely broken.

You guys realize that the re-tards you hired to run on the moue wheel have gotten loose, and started pounding on keyboards changing code and are currently chewing on your internet cables?
  • Options
    thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    I think what he is trying to say...

is once your patcher starts working, LEAVE IT ALONE AND GO AFK.

I know its hard since we are so used to immediate results, but for now that is just how it goes.

And greebling about it wont do you any good.

In fact, I think all the greebling with closing the client/reclogging etc hoping to get a better download speed... is fowling up the greebly waters of The Internet Grobble!

So get it running, go afk and do something irl. Don't worry most of us are in the same situation.

GREEBLE GROBBLE!!!
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    starlitenlstarlitenl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like the patching server are having *MASSIVE* bandwidth issues, or they just need more of them/better hardware. If bandwidth is the issue, with current patching (non)speeds, their gonna need to get at least 10 times the bandwith for the current player base :s

Luckily bandwidth is cheap ;);)
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ooh, numbers moving... up
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    starlitenl wrote: »
    Sounds like the patching server are having *MASSIVE* bandwidth issues, or they just need more of them/better hardware. If bandwidth is the issue, with current patching (non)speeds, their gonna need to get at least 10 times the bandwith for the current player base :s

Luckily bandwidth is cheap ;);)

But, so is PW :(
  • Options
    doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This is because so many players are patching currently. We're working to improve speeds.

This equates to: "We are yelling at our ISP but little can probably be done" and "Were hoping some of the queue starts to complete patching and it speeds up for others".

Sorry for the cynicism lol.
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is because so many players are patching currently. We're working to improve speeds.

Do we believe that?

No we don't.

You know a) how many players you have and b) how big your patch is, so there is no excuse for your bandwidth causing a bottlneck.

None at all.

Now, if you hadn't anticipated how much bandwidth you'd need for this patch to within a 10 margin of error then you need a new Project / Technical Director.

There is no excuse for a leading MMO company to have "unexpected pressure" on a DL server on Patch Day causing this many problems.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol walk2k it went to 1% cause you now have less to patch (least it should be)

when you were at 53% it said a number left....now at 1% you should have way less :)

dont worry took me a while to figure out too
    well then it's really broke because it went to 13% and now just sitting on 37%
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    is Gauntasdfasdf in this update?
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Neverwinter Team, what in the world is going on with the patching? Please give us an update about how you screwed this one up and when you will get off your *** and fix it.
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    elahndra wrote: »
    I don't know bout' anybody else. When i try some patching i cut myself woah

ROFL! Genius.
  • Options
    jagoritannajagoritanna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »

I lol'd.
    (ignore this text, it's simply as a result of 10 characters needed to make simple reply, but I said all I had to say, so I'm just filling space at this point...)
  • Options
    thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Greebling about it is getting us nowhere, just go afk and chill for greebliness sakes!
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    highropes wrote: »
    Oh my god, here it begins.. Once they confirm we get 1 per character, next thing is - Only one? U serious? lol..

Jesus christ, stop ****ing demand everything for free..

The founder respect wasn't for free.
  • Options
    torulv1torulv1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do we believe that?

No we don't.

You know a) how many players you have and b) how big your patch is, so there is no excuse for your bandwidth causing a bottlneck.

None at all.

Now, if you hadn't anticipated how much bandwidth you'd need for this patch to within a 10 margin of error then you need a new Project / Technical Director.

There is no excuse for a leading MMO company to have "unexpected pressure" on a DL server on Patch Day causing this many problems.

All The Best
    I soo mutch agree
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank god they put all that ninja pre-patching into the system - I spent a ton of time downloading already.

Oh wait, those re-tards changed everything at the last minute, and all the pre-patching was useless.

Wait, am I surprised by that.....
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, um Neverwinter, Star Trek Online AND Champions Online all went through some kind of major maintenance this morning, and all are sending patches along for players to update with. And with the shiny new nature of Neverwinter and the massive influx of new Romulans in STO and as for CO, well, uh... it's CO...

And people are still wondering WTF is up with the patcher? LOL

I just hope all of you get your stuff all patched-up before I get home this afternoon so the ol' freeway isn't so congested.
  • Options
    mrtokenmrtoken Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have no Clue why everyone is complaining READ the PATCH Notes while you are waiting my download is fine I am at 89% and still going
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Are you new to the interwebs? You know that getting your software patch to your customer is critical to the infotainment superhighway? Right?

I have an idea: Call Verizon and tell them you want to try broadband; you think, maybe, dial-up is a thing of the past.

I am still amazed at Perfect World's ability to make Blizzard look like Gods of All the Earth, while PW looks like Screech on Saved by the Bell.
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »

I've seen no refference to it, so I'm assuming that it isn't.

As for the patching itself, again it's stopped compleetly again. for only 635MB, that would normally take me only a couple of minutes, this is frustrating.... >.<
    more patch servers are needed, or something is horrbly wrong.. =/
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    stuck on 11.0MB / 38%.

um.. so, the whole patch is only 29MB?

shouldn't that take about 3 minutes to download even on my slowbutt DSL?

wait now it's 13.5MB / 38%

yeah I think the patcher has issues with... math.
  • Options
    azmoran11azmoran11 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Not Verizon, I don't want the government to know what I say in guild chat or that I am Halfling Tank sometimes. It would ruin my run for President.
  • Options
    shaft805shaft805 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So since the update had anyone else had patching issues
  • Options
    dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well i am patching again ...
    Around 9 % done -> but speed varies from 4Kb/sec to a little more.
    This remind me off the amiga era - in the electronic-stoneage with dialup modem.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.