test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Xbox One Welcomes Over 1.6 Million Adventurers!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Greetings adventurers,

As Neverwinter on Xbox One has been live for over a month, we decided to gather some amazing data to share with you all! Check it out at the link below:

http://bit.ly/1K5emYv

With great power comes great responsibility,
Andy

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is there still going to be more updates. :)
  • sobritish1sobritish1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And still they're slow with fixing things and updating.
    NW Xbox - Howie
    Class - Control Wizard
    GT - Howie EU
    edited May 2015
    They, can only do it as fast as they can., as they have to deal with STO and etc. So please give them time thanks.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like that you rewarded the players with a companion.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited May 2015
    I like that you rewarded the players with a companion.

STO do that as well, so it's almost the same thing aha ;)
  • monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lol 1 million players but only 60 get a companion, **** you, I started playing non stop as soon as it released
    edited May 2015
    monktoasty wrote: »
    Lol 1 million players but only 60 get a companion, **** you, I started playing non stop as soon as it released

Hello, can you not swear thanks. And that isn't a big deal. They might do other things like that if you ask them to in the FEEDBACK of the forums. It's better to voice your ideas for the xbox community..
  • monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    danny3421 wrote: »
    Hello, can you not swear thanks. And that isn't a big deal. They might do other things like that if you ask them to in the FEEDBACK of the forums. It's better to voice your ideas for the xbox community..

Its not a big deal? Rewarding 60 people out of a million for supporting their wonky release?

Its a huge deal, and its just like them to do things half arsed

Sorry for cursing, I.get a little heated sometimes, ill stop
    edited May 2015
    monktoasty wrote: »
    Its not a big deal? Rewarding 60 people out of a million for supporting their wonky release?

Its a huge deal, and its just like them to do things half arsed

Sorry for cursing, I.get a little heated sometimes, ill stop

This is getting a bit off topic as well, but you need to post any of your feedback into the feedback for thanks.
  • arlequin13arlequin13 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Greetings adventurers,

As Neverwinter on Xbox One has been live for over a month, we decided to gather some amazing data to share with you all! Check it out at the link below:

http://bit.ly/1K5emYv

With great power comes great responsibility,
    Andy

I hope you guys are aware that the next month will be CRUCIAL in growing that number, otherwise the opposite effect might happen. Here is hoping for some more content before it's too late. I love this game, was ingame 7min after launch and don't want to stop. Please meet me halfway :)
  • shepardtheweakshepardtheweak Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    a few of the companions are now on AH lol..guess some people would rather have AD..
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Luckily for us that played on PC it won't make much of a difference but I too am curious to see how the console generation takes the change to mod 6 when it's released. I'll definitely have me a bucket of popcorn ready to watch the action when it takes place.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • arlequin13arlequin13 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Luckily for us that played on PC it won't make much of a difference but I too am curious to see how the console generation takes the change to mod 6 when it's released. I'll definitely have me a bucket of popcorn ready to watch the action when it takes place.

Here's hoping that mod 1-2-3-5 come out first :)
  • majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Slow at fixing things? ....ever play cod?
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If either one of those 2 players moves on to another game thats it... :rolleyes:
    edited May 2015
    Slow at fixing things? ....ever play cod?

No they. Are not they do it as fast as they can, if you need to report anything about the game to the dev's can you please send them though the bug report :) if you want to report another user from the xbox verson make a ticket thanks ;)
  • au5tackerau5tacker Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    danny3421 wrote: »
    No they. Are not they do it as fast as they can,

Time IS of the essence in this regard.

Right now on Xbox Neverwinter has complete market domination simply because there is NO market competition in this genre on X1.

In a few short weeks, ESO will launch as it's first main rival and if the beta is anything to go by, they're going to struggle to keep a playerbase, even if Neverwinter is technically free to play. The production values of ESO, even being a Buy to play release positively crush the current Neverwinter port on X1 at this present time. To deny that is to avoid facing reality here.

I've been playing this game since launch on the X1, but won't sugar coat it's short comings and especially on the technical front, there's some very, very serious issues with the game itself.

I can appreciate they can only do 'so much' in the time they have, but the playerbase won't wait it has to be said and more to the point, most 'MMO gamers' don't generally play more than one MMO at a time. They'll pick their core MMO experience and stick with it.

It's great the team got off to a great start on it's playerbase on X1, but I put that down mostly to two simple factors.

1 - It's free to play
    2 - It's the only MMO option on Xbox one right now

That situation isn't going to last and laurels shouldn't really be rested upon.

Content on the way is great to hear, but I strongly feel the technical shortcomings are going to undermine the playerbase retention looking ahead a lot more and needs the most urgent attention.
  • nervusbreakd0wnnervusbreakd0wn Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    au5tacker wrote: »
    Time IS of the essence in this regard.

Right now on Xbox Neverwinter has complete market domination simply because there is NO market competition in this genre on X1.

In a few short weeks, ESO will launch as it's first main rival and if the beta is anything to go by, they're going to struggle to keep a playerbase, even if Neverwinter is technically free to play. The production values of ESO, even being a Buy to play release positively crush the current Neverwinter port on X1 at this present time. To deny that is to avoid facing reality here.

I've been playing this game since launch on the X1, but won't sugar coat it's short comings and especially on the technical front, there's some very, very serious issues with the game itself.

I can appreciate they can only do 'so much' in the time they have, but the playerbase won't wait it has to be said and more to the point, most 'MMO gamers' don't generally play more than one MMO at a time. They'll pick their core MMO experience and stick with it.

It's great the team got off to a great start on it's playerbase on X1, but I put that down mostly to two simple factors.

1 - It's free to play
    2 - It's the only MMO option on Xbox one right now

That situation isn't going to last and laurels shouldn't really be rested upon.

Content on the way is great to hear, but I strongly feel the technical shortcomings are going to undermine the playerbase retention looking ahead a lot more and needs the most urgent attention.

i am with you on this, i love this game and i do see improvements but its not enough, if eso hits it with one shot then its going to take at least 50% of the players here.

the framerate is by far the biggest issue they have.
  • dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree that this game is extremely weak technically. And we should all keep in mind that this port is not 1-2 months old. No, Neverwinter was a launch game in China last year. So the Xbox One port exists for quite some time now. I'm afraid the technical issues are here to stay forever. The frame-rate will never be improved simply because this is how the game was made. Without any attention to running sufficiently. It should be completely remade in order to run better. It will never happen. This is how the game is.

Also, I agree that ESO runs better and it will turn a lot of players. It also has a much bigger name, so even if it's not free, much more people will buy it. Possibly millions more. The active player base of Neverwinter will shrink considerably. Not only because of ESO but because of a lot of other big releases (Witcher 3, Batman, you name it). So if something miraculous doesn't happen with Neverwinter this year, I think it will be abandoned in a short time.

Also, the PS4 version is coming. You can bet that it will run tremendously better than on Xbox One, and given the much bigger installed base it will be much more profitable for the developers. When they see the difference between Xbox One and PS4 Zen purchases they won't favour the Xbox version in terms of development.

In the end of the day, as much as I like this game even in its current form, and having spent quite some money on it, I'm really afraid that this version will be quickly abandoned. With no communication from the developers, no improvements, no new content yet announced, a much better console version in the works for a much bigger player base and a lot of other releases coming this year, I'm really afraid that this 1.6 million base will not grow any more and Neverwinter on Xbox One will be a wasteland in a year's time. Remember that there were some intriguing free to play projects on 360 as well (like Ascend: Hand of Kul or Warface for example) and after a promising start they flopped and the servers were switched off.

I'd really, really like to know what the developers have in mind in terms of the future.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2015

me too . need a bucket of popcorn
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    au5tacker wrote: »
    The production values of ESO, even being a Buy to play release positively crush the current Neverwinter port on X1 at this present time. To deny that is to avoid facing reality here.

It seems u really have a problem comprehending reality. Despite all the issues NW has, it cannot possibly compare to ESO. Apart from the fact that they are 2 completely different approaches, NW gameplay has no competitor, not a chance. But they also have no competitor regarding the lack of support needed to maintain the production quality. I hope with the huge new playerbase they will eventually raise the support standards to a decent level cause as it is right now on PC its a freedive with no parachute.
  • fatpobfatpob Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not sure the PS4 statement is particularly valid, these are 2 markets that need to be tapped by the company, and I cannot see why they would sacrifice one for another.
    In relation to ESO - you are not comparing apples to apples, they are 2 different games really.

I enjoy NWN and it does has some flaws, but it (currently) is more fun than other well known MMOs. Will it last, if there is continuing additions, then yes, it will, after all it's free.
  • wheelnonwheelnon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so be fun if you can cross play with peps on other platforms. why cant i find my friends that have xbox or why cant i see i have played on here?????? so many ?????? and so many why cant? we but its a start and u all are making a good game
    edited May 2015
    I'm afraid the technical issues are here to stay forever.

Sadly, the playerbase won't.

matiagronx wrote: »
    It seems u really have a problem comprehending reality

Why would you say that? I'm saying in the most polite way possible this game can enjoy the sunshine for today, but tomorrow has a storm brewing that won't play nice.

The Beta of ESO absolutely destroys Neverwinter at the present time. If ESO launches as good or even better in a little over a week... The Protector's Enclave becomes a ghost town.

It simply CANNOT compete with ESO at this point in time. It's flat out not good enough & THAT is the reality of the situation here.
    I hope with the huge new playerbase they will eventually raise the support standards to a decent level cause as it is right now on PC its a freedive with no parachute.

I don't see it. Not because I have no faith in the development behind this game, but because the X1 port has been out more than six months now in the chinese market and it's STILL in this state we see on console today.

Granted, PC gamers might be used to pre-alpha testing quality of budget games done on the cheap, but the console market has much higher expectations on quality and simply won't tolerate a poorly performing game for long.

Go take a look at how badly the Halo MCC release dropped off a cliff due to a terrible launch and that's the one franchise that launched Xbox Live into the massive product it is today. A 50 million+ franchise for the console market and the playerbase walked away from it enmasse because it's launch sucked.

343 had to give away a month of free Xbox live AND a Full HD remake of Halo 3 ODST JUST to keep people around and interested in their franchise. Even then, it's still being received luke warm at best.

THAT is what Cryptic have to deal with here. The console market is much smaller than PC and far more harsh on how they approach a poorly released product.

The ONLY reason why Neverwinter still has any support at all is because of two simple reasons.

1 - Xbox gamers have no alternative MMO
    2 - It's free.

You can bet your bottom dollar console gamers are hungry and eager enough they will happily front $60 for a GOOD MMO experience on their console.

I really had high hopes for Neverwinter, but it seriously feels their focus for this game is on short term gains whilst there's no market competition rather than the long term in ensuring the game is solid as a rock on networking, frame rate and connectivity.

Right now it's a complete and utter joke and we're just over a week away before ESO.

I've played Neverwinter since launch every day, gritting my teeth through the technical flaws but sticking with it because the MMO format is my favourite gaming genre and I do hold hope this game can turn a corner and focus on it's technical foundations and just get it right.

But every new update we get with yet ANOTHER **** ZEN store addition whilst I constantly fight disconnections, mid fight freezing, pathetic frame rate and lag... a little more of me just gives up hope and dies inside.

I'm trying hard here. Really hard. But I've all but given up on this game right now and I just know once I get into ESO and no longer have to deal with the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this game throws at me, I'm going to find it very difficult to come back.
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    /hugs au5tacker. 100% correct.
    edited May 2015
    alisi1 wrote: »
    /hugs au5tacker. 100% correct.

Trust me, I DON'T want to drop a steaming pile on Neverwinter at all. I love MMOs. I love Dungeons and Dragons. I've been on board with Neverwinter on X1 since it was in beta. I gave strong feedback on their forums during the beta to try and pitch in and improve the game.

But I'm living in a world where you simply have to compare apples with apples & just be a realist about things.

I'm used to production standards on Xbox one games being much, MUCH higher than this. It was to my utter dismay almost none of the issues I reported in the beta were addressed at the launch of Neverwinter and worse, still have not been fixed to this date.

But the number of **** ZEN store additions we get every update tells me a lot about where the priorities of Neverwinter are.

I'm at the point now where I've almost given up.
  • ginlaaanginlaaan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Player count means nothing at all. 1.6 million would be great if it was a active player base. I bet you run a quarry on unique log in per toon in a month and you see that number in maybe the low hundred thousands. If your play to win game is borked from the start how do you expect people to actually want to pay to win?? I mean if there is one type of game you don't want to launch or ignore your player base it would be a pay to win. Fire the business managers and replace them with more programmers to help save this game.
    Quite frankly your cash cow now could be so ohh much better. loads of money are still rolling in regardless from zen maybe that is why you see no panic or response or care from the arc on the issues brought forth?
  • cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I started playing on launch with 5 other real life friends. I'm the only one that has logged in in the past month. One has even spent hundreds of dollars. /shrug I can't even pay them to come back.