test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best way to reach 13000 gear score (a must for the good campaign epics)

doffe89doffe89 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
I noticed what a small amount of people are wearing the Gemmed exquisite shirt/pants and the Greater Defense Armor Kit which gives you 100+ def on the gear you reinforce. These items are great to buff you gearscore.

They are selling these items really cheap right now (the prices are going up tho), ask any Pc player and he will agree that this is the time to buy them up. 3-500k on the pc and 130k here? You can even put them on your companions ^^

Is there any specifik reason for why you can buy these items so cheap on the xbox one?
Post edited by doffe89 on

Comments

• namebrandnamebrand Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Simply because the game is a lot newer here and the economy hasnt progressed that far. For example, AD to Zen ratio last night anyway, was around 160 AD to 1 Zen. On PC I believe its capped at 500 AD to 1 Zen thus your AD doesn't go as far over there. Give it time, prices will climb sooner or later.
  • brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2015
    doffe89 wrote: »
    I noticed what a small amount of people are wearing the Gemmed exquisite shirt/pants and the Greater Defense Armor Kit which gives you 100+ def on the gear you reinforce. These items are great to buff you gearscore.

They are selling these items really cheap right now (the prices are going up tho), ask any Pc player and he will agree that this is the time to buy them up. 3-500k on the pc and 130k here? You can even put them on your companions ^^

Is there any specifik reason for why you can buy these items so cheap on the xbox one?

5 more hours until I can make these for myself!
  • doffe89doffe89 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    namebrand wrote: »
    Simply because the game is a lot newer here and the economy hasnt progressed that far. For example, AD to Zen ratio last night anyway, was around 160 AD to 1 Zen. On PC I believe its capped at 500 AD to 1 Zen thus your AD doesn't go as far over there. Give it time, prices will climb sooner or later.

Indeed there is not enough diamonds out there yet. But i know many people with well over a 100k with a gearscore at 12000, and they are saving it for better days. While people who got the 13000 gear score because they bought those shirts and the armor kits are doing the campaign epic dungeons, which drops loot for anything between a 100k to a 1000k.

Maybe it's because people are still new to the game?
    edited May 2015
    5 more hours until I can make these for myself!

Which one? :D
  • curygreenleaf69curygreenleaf69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Your can also boost your GS with an artifact, cheapest one is the one in the PVP store for 24,000 glory turn it blue and gain about 400 GS
  • marloongmarloong Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2015
    Guys I wish to have 20k gs. Can someone explains me how
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You don't necessarily NEED the Defense armor kit. Any of the Greater Armor kits will do the job just fine. You'd have to look at your character sheet and see which stat(s) it is you need most. I presonally prefer the Greater Power Armor kits just because the Power stat has no diminishing returns unlike every other stat in the game with the only other exception being HP. But HP is weird when it comes to GS and (obviously) isn't a 1 to 1 stat to GS ratio. You can also artificially inflate your GS by running 2 different T2 sets. Making sure all your companion slots are full with companions that have an active bonus that raises a stat or two. Fully kitting out your companions with enchanted gear and making sure to put Eldritch enchantments into their Defense slots. Also make sure you're running at least all rank 7 enchantments in your gear's offense and defense slots. With current market values it's cheaper to straight up buy a rank 7 enchantment rather than trying to upgrade one yourself. If you don't have one already, invest in an artifact belt as well and at least upgrade it to blue. As mentioned above, the PvP artifact, Bloodcrystal Raven Skull, is also a nice boost to GS and that one you don't even have to pay AD for, just put in some time in PvP.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
    edited May 2015
    mrtehpuppy wrote: »
    You don't necessarily NEED the Defense armor kit. Any of the Greater Armor kits will do the job just fine. You'd have to look at your character sheet and see which stat(s) it is you need most. I presonally prefer the Greater Power Armor kits just because the Power stat has no diminishing returns unlike every other stat in the game with the only other exception being HP. But HP is weird when it comes to GS and (obviously) isn't a 1 to 1 stat to GS ratio. You can also artificially inflate your GS by running 2 different T2 sets. Making sure all your companion slots are full with companions that have an active bonus that raises a stat or two. Fully kitting out your companions with enchanted gear and making sure to put Eldritch enchantments into their Defense slots. Also make sure you're running at least all rank 7 enchantments in your gear's offense and defense slots. With current market values it's cheaper to straight up buy a rank 7 enchantment rather than trying to upgrade one yourself. If you don't have one already, invest in an artifact belt as well and at least upgrade it to blue. As mentioned above, the PvP artifact, Bloodcrystal Raven Skull, is also a nice boost to GS and that one you don't even have to pay AD for, just put in some time in PvP.

Yea the defense kit was just an example since it's mostly good for any Class, same with power tho. But i agree with you with the rank 7 ones, costs more to make one then to buy one really, if you don't have the spare parts already.

Considering how many people i see farming those dragons, i really wonder how many people there are that actually works on their campaign? Farming Dragons and Caste Never is not the end game hehe
    edited May 2015
    Considering how many people i see farming those dragons, i really wonder how many people there are that actually works on their campaign? Farming Dragons and Caste Never is not the end game hehe

Nor is it very profitable in terms of AD or upgrading your character. Sure you have a *chance* at getting a sweet artifact belt from one. But the drop rate is stupid low from dragon kills. Where as I've already managed 2 artifact belts from running eShores and I never run it more than say about 5 or 6 times a day... I find it a bit silly that people farm dragons to the excess that they do. But whatever they find fun I guess. Perhaps the dragon farming thing is more popular just because it's easy mode farming. Get into the right instance, walk up to the dragon and roll your face across the controller a bunch until the dragon dies...
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can you stack the Greater Armor Kits? I'm pretty high up in leatherworking and can make them, so I could really beef up my armor for little cost if they stack.
    edited May 2015
    Can you stack the Greater Armor Kits? I'm pretty high up in leatherworking and can make them, so I could really beef up my armor for little cost if they stack.

no, one kit per armor piece and they cannot be removed. You CAN replace them by applying a new armor kit onto armor that already has one on it, but it will merely overwrite the first armor reinforcement.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited May 2015

^
    Yeah, that...

Not to worry though, I'm willing to bet the Xbox AD exchange will reach the maxed cap for AD's to Zen quickly, and just as quickly the AD exchange will stop working...

It seems to be the way of things IMO.
    DD~
    edited May 2015
    dionchi wrote: »
    ^
    Yeah, that...

Not to worry though, I'm willing to bet the Xbox AD exchange will reach the maxed cap for AD's to Zen quickly, and just as quickly the AD exchange will stop working...

It seems to be the way of things IMO.

I think it like 161 ad for 1 zen now? It was like 140 one week ago ^^
    edited May 2015

I dont think leatherworking got any armor kits ^^ Think it got lifesteal or smth
  • namebrandnamebrand Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think it like 161 ad for 1 zen now? It was like 140 one week ago ^^

Yeah I think PW is trying to up the ratio by putting up the double AD events.
    edited May 2015
    Yeah I think PW is trying to up the ratio by putting up the double AD events.

Yea the double ad is helping the ratio go up a lot.
  • kickinchicken80kickinchicken80 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I dont think leatherworking got any armor kits ^^ Think it got lifesteal or smth

Leather working have Greater Critical Strike Armor Kit and Greater Deflection Armor Kit
    Neverwinters Fan site trading forum http://neverwintertradeforum.com/index.php
    edited May 2015
    Leather working have Greater Critical Strike Armor Kit and Greater Deflection Armor Kit

Ah okey, my bad! I don't keep track on all the proffesions hehe
  • matricunolummatricunolum Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the AD exchange wouldn't stop working as they would lose out on money and they can't have that. that would be fixed the same day. in-game stuff that only affects us is a different matter of course!

sposed to reply quote dionchi my bad. you get the idea lol
    edited May 2015

Another good way to get more gear score is actually buying Companions. The active bonuses are active even tho the companion is not summoned.

Anyone else noticed how unstable the Ad exchange is right now? It was at 181 ad something 4 days ago and now it's down to 165 ad?
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Let's hope it stays that way. I'm making quite a bit from this new and growing economy.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2015
    Let's hope it stays that way. I'm making quite a bit from this new and growing economy.

Nice man :)
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the AD exchange wouldn't stop working as they would lose out on money and they can't have that. that would be fixed the same day. in-game stuff that only affects us is a different matter of course!

sposed to reply quote dionchi my bad. you get the idea lol

I don't know don't know if I would have the same confidence about, the AD Exchange not going down or being immediately fixed if it does.

The PC AD Exchange suddenly and inexplicably stop working one day and everyone was told the ‘powers that be’ were: “looking into it”, but that has been several months ago and the Exchange remains down with the rare and occasional exception...
    DD~
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mrtehpuppy wrote: »
    Perhaps the dragon farming thing is more popular just because it's easy mode farming. Get into the right instance, walk up to the dragon and roll your face across the controller a bunch until the dragon dies...
    It's also something people can do before reaching level 60 to have a shot at good loot. No other sub-60 content will drop what dragons drop. Why level 60+ players kill more than five dragons per day (for the campaign currencies) is beyond me though...
    edited May 2015
    WOW just checked the prices of the gemmed shirts and pants ^^ You can buy a gemmed shirt for like 80k and a pants for 100k, how come the prices are so cheap at the moment?