Install Arc

best GF build atm - By FearItsSelf jun4/2013

Comments

• silverdicesilverdice Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Amazing guide, Great work! let me know if you want it featured on a website
  • libashwyvernlibashwyvern Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a cool build, waiting on the respec tokens (Yes PLEASE).
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    uncag3d wrote: »
    This build is picture perfect atm, we were doing 1v1's an i went 29-0 vs 13-15k players an then finally died in a 2v1 vs a cw an a gf.. killed the cw an the gf had 10% hp left both 13-15k gs

you're a ****ing joke
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    you're a ****ing joke
    Wow, so sensitive.
  • uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    you're a ****ing joke

lol
    silverdice wrote: »
    Amazing guide, Great work! let me know if you want it featured on a website
    If you want to post my guide somewhere you can.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    uncag3d,

Im at 4 greater tenes, 2 tene enchants, greater plague, and lesser soulforged. Got ancients set, so Im pretty much the same setup as you (not quite to the max yet) and been rocking pvp. I do die when 2v1 rogue/CW but I mostly dominate and do great PVE dmg too. (This is a props to you more than anything)

I did want to ask you however, if you have thought or if anyone has tried going full timeless with rank 7 (crit) enchants + a vorpal greater?

Seems like you can get your crit over 3500 - 4k with the buff and with a vorpal, thats an insane amount of dmg VERY often...

Yes your power would be low, but you would crit hard and crit often. Seems like that setup COULD be on par with this one.

I think one of the reasons timeless < stalwarts is the fact that timeless relies upon crit to cheese people where I feel like (from my experience) stalwarts+tene are designed to just melt through people via hitting hard/often. So its less of a "waiting for that crit" and more of "im just gonna tear your faceoff"...

I would be very curious about the all crit/crit severity stack though because with knights challenge doing a threatening lung + two swigs (to full proc timeless) Then you have 2 encounters that 1 is bound to crit and while it wouldnt 1 shot the person, it would definitely finish them off from your first three hits + you have 1 other encounter too.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This build is picture perfect atm, we were doing 1v1's an i went 29-0 vs 13-15k players an then finally died in a 2v1 vs a cw an a gf.. killed the cw an the gf had 10% hp left both 13-15k gs

And I 1v5 all the time vs. bots but you don't see me posting SS of it claiming how OP I am.
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    And I 1v5 all the time vs. bots but you don't see me posting SS of it claiming how OP I am.

Its pretty rare to go 1v5 even with bots. Bots typically rush mid, you have 4 other players on your team and I am betting atleast 1 will be at mid with you. But you do pose a fair point. I dont know why your bashing him though without actually seeing the facts/vid or w.e...

Just saying. My setup is close to his (as posted above) and I do dominate pvp for the most part, although I wouldnt say its head and shoulders above everyone else, but I do feel like an unstoppable force, unless playing against 2 clerics which is just stupid OP right now...
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    uncag3d,

Im at 4 greater tenes, 2 tene enchants, greater plague, and lesser soulforged. Got ancients set, so Im pretty much the same setup as you (not quite to the max yet) and been rocking pvp. I do die when 2v1 rogue/CW but I mostly dominate and do great PVE dmg too. (This is a props to you more than anything)

I did want to ask you however, if you have thought or if anyone has tried going full timeless with rank 7 (crit) enchants + a vorpal greater?

Seems like you can get your crit over 3500 - 4k with the buff and with a vorpal, thats an insane amount of dmg VERY often...

Yes your power would be low, but you would crit hard and crit often. Seems like that setup COULD be on par with this one.

I think one of the reasons timeless < stalwarts is the fact that timeless relies upon crit to cheese people where I feel like (from my experience) stalwarts+tene are designed to just melt through people via hitting hard/often. So its less of a "waiting for that crit" and more of "im just gonna tear your faceoff"...

I would be very curious about the all crit/crit severity stack though because with knights challenge doing a threatening lung + two swigs (to full proc timeless) Then you have 2 encounters that 1 is bound to crit and while it wouldnt 1 shot the person, it would definitely finish them off from your first three hits + you have 1 other encounter too.

im sure it would work great on a point of dmg. However w/ this you lose alot of defense, so you will have to relie more on not being noticed an getting your combo in before cc'd/disabled. also perma stealth build will kill you w/ 12 daggers, b4 you get to swing at them.(in pugs you might do well but if i did this in our premades this would def be what i'd have to do)

but yes my guild an i have went over this idea. but discarded since ptr came out an we get alotttt of aggro now so in gyrm i dont need to be glasscannon need to be more of a tank. Thought about doing grand set, but only if i really start lacking on tanking.. i will be super tanky but 1/3rd less on dps.. but its about the whole team not just one player.

pretty sure this build will still be the best at that point, I'm testing a few changes to try an make this work better from what I learned on the ptr.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    edited June 2013
    im sure it would work great on a point of dmg. However w/ this you lose alot of defense, so you will have to relie more on not being noticed an getting your combo in before cc'd/disabled. also perma stealth build will kill you w/ 12 daggers, b4 you get to swing at them.(in pugs you might do well but if i did this in our premades this would def be what i'd have to do)

but yes my guild an i have went over this idea. but discarded since ptr came out an we get alotttt of aggro now so in gyrm i dont need to be glasscannon need to be more of a tank. Thought about doing grand set, but only if i really start lacking on tanking.. i will be super tanky but 1/3rd less on dps.. but its about the whole team not just one player.

pretty sure this build will still be the best at that point, I'm testing a few changes to try an make this work better from what I learned on the ptr.

Thanks for the update, I was looking at the grand set as well. I am hoping that with ancients set + buying higher qual +hp enchants for my stalwarts I will still manage stalwarts just fine. I am using pyro rings and pure offensive neck (losing about 12-1500 HP there) But overall I think I like the offensive stats (subject to change later) I have the HP gear you have as well but too lazy to unenchant and reenchant for the difference.
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Had the opportunity to try this build almost exactly as perscribed after saving for some time now... and previously used full timeless slotted for power. I can see why Envy THINKS timeless is better, but it isn't even close. I was so much squishier in timeless.
    edited June 2013
    ^ I have not tried timeless but have to agree from the math/what I have read...

The only thing timeless offers is 10% more crit. thats 1 more crit every 10 attacks... While that is a BIG advantage, the pure strength difference is astounding.

One other thing is that Tene is what is very strong in PVP and neither set adds benefit to Tene. What does add benefit? More tankiness which = more HP which = more/higher tene procs... All this meaning stalwarts synergies with tene enchants better than timeless.

Quitegonejin, what did you do for main/off hand? I have found that the ancient set (while seeming to put out less dps) actually performs well in PVP due to the added tankiness. I did not, however, spec into HP rings/neck (did the belt) and went for put offensive stats to make up for the lack of offensive stats on my main/offhand. I have about 30khp (could probably get another 1k through better enchants) and still have decent (~700 arp/crit) which is really nice for those big 1 shot hits..
    edited June 2013
    Also, I have been trying to figure out and been asking a good way to balance Tene. Currently Tene is not as good (from what I can tell) in PVE as enchant builds... So nerfing the damage of tene doesnt seem to be a good balance.

My idea. Turn Tene into a DoT that caps at 10 (?). This keeps the same DPS per tene so its not broken in PVE. IT diminishes the effects of multiple tene builds on a single target and also averages the damage out to give players a time to react (maybe pop a potion?).

Seems like it will still be VERY good for PVP and it wont harm the PVE DPS (unless multiple tenes) and it balances tene builds a little.

Thoughts?
    edited June 2013
    Quitgonejin...

I am wondering (since you seem to have a decent bankroll) If you have tried min/maxing with Rank 9s and Stalwarts with a Greater Vorpal. Seems like you can max out armor pen (around 2300? I forget), have pretty decent crit AND have amazing power... With greater plague being nerfed, Vorpal may be the way to go now...

Seems like you could get around 22% ArP, 14750 power, and 2000+crit with rank 9s. Throw a Vorpal on there and NOONE could stand through a crit which at 2k crit is what 15%ish +3 from passives?
    edited June 2013
    With greater plague being nerfed

Link to Patch notes showing GPF is being nerfed.
    edited June 2013
    Link to Patch notes showing GPF is being nerfed.

havn't looked, but the nerf is it doesn't stack w/ multiple GPFs.. not much of a nerf for pvp
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • zakarayzakaray Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Envy can be beat just the same as you can.. I watched him get 4 shot by our gf with some lucky crits. Anybody can be beaten if caught off guard with the right cc. Just saying
  • vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    zakaray wrote: »
    Envy can be beat just the same as you can.. I watched him get 4 shot by our gf with some lucky crits. Anybody can be beaten if caught off guard with the right cc. Just saying
    yeah but envy is full offense, this guy has some defense, they real question to me is, does that deflection and extra ac make a huge difference in being more tanky? If so i might lean that direction.
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
    edited June 2013
    vidfinnx - Anyone can be killed in 1 rotation of a GF stunlock, it's just a matter of RNGesus being on your side.

Last night I destroyed someone in STAL + G Tene build. I got all CRTS on my rotation + cleaves to finish off before they stood up. Every attack CRT & none of my attacks got deflected and their 30k HP was melted away. They were just as surprised as I was by the randomness but it just proves that it doesn't matter what gear you have.

I have just PvP GEAR & No enchants vs. a 10MIL+ Gear player.
    edited June 2013
    vidfinnx - Anyone can be killed in 1 rotation of a GF stunlock, it's just a matter of RNGesus being on your side.

Last night I destroyed someone in STAL + G Tene build. I got all CRTS on my rotation + cleaves to finish off before they stood up. Every attack CRT & none of my attacks got deflected and their 30k HP was melted away. They were just as surprised as I was by the randomness but it just proves that it doesn't matter what gear you have.

LOL nice...so its all RNG then hahah thanks
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
    edited June 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    yeah but envy is full offense, this guy has some defense, they real question to me is, does that deflection and extra ac make a huge difference in being more tanky? If so i might lean that direction.

It does.
    zakaray wrote: »

Doubtful to the point i made a 1m challenge to 1st person to beat me... still undefeated lol went against a few 16k gfs.. big talk but my build still stand supreme so cant wait for envy to try to fight me lol
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    edited June 2013

It does matter what gear you have.. come test your luck on me plz? :(

An my build pervents me from dieing in a combo regaurdless if you hit me w/ 100k ferious(100% pervents it) then soulforge( half the time pervents it)
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Meh, fairly interesting but I've done it before and still prefer a build closer to Envy's.

Knights Challenge is just unnecessary with good gear/enchants.

ps. Never call yourself the best.
    It does matter what gear you have..

Yup, and thats just another reason to never call yourself the best: because there could be players out there equally/more skilled at the game than yourself who just don't have the quality of items you do.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
    edited June 2013
    It does.

so you tested envys build before? and the extra ac is well worth the tradeoff in cd reductions and extra damage when enemy is controlled? what kinda crit do you have with just a power boost only? how so does the power>crit from timeless?
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
    edited June 2013
    It does.

so you tested envys build before? and the extra ac is well worth the tradeoff in cd reductions and extra damage when enemy is controlled? what kinda crit do you have with just a power boost only? how so does the power>crit from timeless?

The "build" doesnt make much difference... The gear is what your mainly talking about here...

The biggest differences in Stalwarts vs Timeless in PVP is:

1) Timeless crit % only comes from using ENCOUNTERS. Stalwarts comes from just being hit.
    2) Timeless buff has a 6second duration. There will be plenty of times you will lose the buff because of CDs/opponents running away. Stalwarts is a 8second buff from being hit. 2 more seconds here often makes the difference.
    3) You get about 7500 added power which is TONS of damage versus <10% crit chance? Gfs already have horrible crit and its not worth trying to stack crit severity over plague fire via vorpal... the added crit (at BEST) is only about the equiv of a 7% flat damage boost...
    4) Timeless is much less tanky than stalwarts. (less defense and less deflection).
  • dilaniodilanio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    It does matter what gear you have.. come test your luck on me plz? :(

An my build pervents me from dieing in a combo regaurdless if you hit me w/ 100k ferious(100% pervents it) then soulforge( half the time pervents it)

It isn't your build it is your enchants. Not sure why this isn't so hard to understand.
    edited June 2013
    dilanio wrote: »
    It isn't your build it is your enchants. Not sure why this isn't so hard to understand.

If it WAS that way, then why would anybody be able to beat other GFs with the same enchants over and over... The enchants will let a **** beat out (on average) someone without it, but here we are talking about people who all have tenes...
  • dilaniodilanio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    It does.

Unless you have 15million ad uncaged's build is no better or worse than any other build.
    edited June 2013
    If it WAS that way, then why would anybody be able to beat other GFs with the same enchants over and over... The enchants will let a **** beat out (on average) someone without it, but here we are talking about people who all have tenes...

has more than just tenes. Greater sf make you immune to 4 seconds worth of damage. I'll be glad to take any challenges of duels that don't have enchants.
    edited June 2013
    15 mill....how big a difference between rank 5s and 7 like he has?
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA