test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

best GF build atm - By FearItsSelf jun4/2013

Comments

• uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Wow thats pretty nice HP... If you could change your base stats would you? Did you care much about what you rolled for that and do you think it would be worth rerolling for better?
    No, i like my stats the way they are.
    Yes, these are the stats I thought best suited a gf when i started.
    No, i think that is alot of time spent on a small tweek to your character, if you rerolled. If you find a later point where it would help alot i would but sense their is a big content patch due at end of month or mid way into next month things could change to where you might have wasted your time making this tweek.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    uncag3d wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of glasscannon, w/ hp you atleast get somthing that can help w/ that an also stal/tene synergize off hp. You can go pure hp w/ ancient fugitvies rings, and the valcano cape. But i think this come at to much cost of other stats. deflect is decent but the arm pen helps alot w/ the dmg side of build sense this is only area you can fit any pen in. I'm at 32k hp ~7.2k protection score atm not exactly a quick burn target unless green beamed. (who isn't w/ green on them tho)

So you gained 2k more health with your choice in itemization. Thats one cleave. Ok.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
    edited June 2013
    So you gained 2k more health with your choice in itemization. Thats one cleave. Ok.

its 32.5k so a swing an a half?(it adds up)

timeless only gives 28k-29k?

bout to finish my last radient thanks to guild saving me money since i been off so i will have ~33.7k
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    its 32.5k so a swing an a half?(it adds up)

timeless only gives 28k-29k?

bout to finish my last radient thanks to guild saving me money since i been off so i will have ~33.7k

You trade 3k-5k+ dmg per rotation for 2k-3k more HP. Okay.
  • imobiusimobius Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    People are pretty quick to call him out but no ones willing to jump to his challenge are they? The vacuous credibility of the over criticals.

Because going on the internet and stating you'er the best is really solid...
    Theres nothing impressive about being able to 1v1 as a Guardian. Considering how you can pretty much one shot everyone with Knight's Challenge.
    And i wouldn't exactly call it a high skill based combat system either.
    While i like the combat system in Neverwinter. Its far to limited and its versatility is only dictated by the power of each individual ability, diminishing the skill requirements significantly.

Skilled players can do much better than others in terms of awareness and mind games, but that has no relevance to his claim of being the "best guardian in neverwinter".
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    You trade 3k-5k+ dmg per rotation for 2k-3k more HP. Okay.
    3k hp = 750 Pwr.. and adds 540 dmg to my tenebrous opener... so it adds more damg an more tank you need to go read build b4 posting...

Update: I get alot more hp then that 5,200.09 including feat gain .. idk if con bonus adds to gear hp(didnt include)
    imobius wrote: »
    Because going on the internet and stating you'er the best is really solid...
    Theres nothing impressive about being able to 1v1 as a Guardian. Considering how you can pretty much one shot everyone with Knight's Challenge.
    And i wouldn't exactly call it a high skill based combat system either.
    While i like the combat system in Neverwinter. Its far to limited and its versatility is only dictated by the power of each individual ability, diminishing the skill requirements significantly.

Skilled players can do much better than others in terms of awareness and mind games, but that has no relevance to his claim of being the "best guardian in neverwinter".
    lol, if you think correctly gf rotating skills, block prediction, an prediction of their skill rotation has no skill.. there is no hope for you an you dont know much about any mmo pvp cause that is all mmo pvp consists of..
    an if i was bad or my build ppl would be stepping up to the plate an robbing me of 1m ad.

Update: you only 1 shot ppl if they are green beamed or if they are in greens at that point you basically 24/7 green beamed
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • bloodraiderx42bloodraiderx42 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    more threat now 35% should be interesting
    edited June 2013
    more threat now 35% should be interesting

ya just got off ptr seems more like 200% lol. all builds are in for big changes
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now that we have a test server, why can't you guys pound it out over there and settle this once and for all?

Even with the changes, the feedback provided from these fights could give us a better idea of what's to come from the new build at the very least. I don't PvP much but any good info is valuable for future reference.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    synfoola wrote: »
    Now that we have a test server, why can't you guys pound it out over there and settle this once and for all?

Even with the changes, the feedback provided from these fights could give us a better idea of what's to come from the new build at the very least. I don't PvP much but any good info is valuable for future reference.

+1 to this. Also I have been theory crafting this morning. uncag3d, now that we see no real changes to tene enchants soon. I am wondering about rerolling to Human with HP stacked. I think more people will value a GF that can output good damage but also take a ton too...

It seems to me, that the majoirty of a GF damage comes from two things: Stalwarts (or timeless) and Tene procs. So sacficing a few strength points or a few +power/crit/arp in exchange for more survivability shouldnt in theory affect DPS a whole lot, but can impact survivability a ton...

what are your thought uncag3d? should I reroll from my dwarf GF (24/24/14) I think is what his stats are...
  • agbadehanagbadehan Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    "13k average GS", GS is bugged atm and often shows your GS in place of the target's GS. What is your GS?
    edited June 2013
    I am also wondering. Is the gauntlgrym "expansion" going to add new gear or drop existing gear? Will it be better or the same?

I am wondering because I am considering upgrading to a greater plaguefire but there might be new BiS weapon that drops...
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    synfoola - What would you learn from 1-2 shot kills?

This is why there is so much flamming in this thread because the scrub thinks he's good when 100's of other GF's can do exactly the same thing in less gear.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am also wondering. Is the gauntlgrym "expansion" going to add new gear or drop existing gear? Will it be better or the same?

I am wondering because I am considering upgrading to a greater plaguefire but there might be new BiS weapon that drops...

Wrong thread to ask or check for that information. Right now there is no released information about new gear and most suspect it's the same gear already in-game.
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Wrong thread to ask or check for that information. Right now there is no released information about new gear and most suspect it's the same gear already in-game.

Thanks and I did create a new thread and no response. Your the first one to respond so thanks. My suspicion is that would save any new gear release for the "expansion" this summer. I dont see a reason to change the gear just yet, so I was leaning that way too. The only thing I did notice is that the picture in the video was not what the current T2/T1 items look like (from what I could tell).

This is somewhat relevant given that I was talking about BiS weapons. Some say Scimmy is best, others that ancient is best... I am torn between the two, and the price to benefit ratio seems to obviously point towards scimmy...
    edited June 2013

the New items are diffrent teir 2 simply means the stat values stick at about 459 stats for acc.. an so on for other equip they might add new sets but no one knows. plaguefire is amazing id do it reguardless
    synfoola wrote: »

Yes im currently on it waiting for Envy
    dkcandy wrote: »
    synfoola - What would you learn from 1-2 shot kills?

This is why there is so much flamming in this thread because the scrub thinks he's good when 100's of other GF's can do exactly the same thing in less gear.

lol it more like i can do it to them an they cant do it to me type thing... but closer...
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    edited June 2013
    the New items are diffrent teir 2 simply means the stat values stick at about 459 stats for acc.. an so on for other equip they might add new sets but no one knows. plaguefire is amazing id do it reguardless

lol it more like i can do it to them an they cant do it to me type thing... but closer...

So they ARE new items... I was going to do it anyways since I doubt any BiS weapon will be easy to get or cheap so Ill stick with whatever I can get and put greater in that... and I doubt ill replace stalwarts anytime soon since its set bonus is Godly... Rings/Neck/Belt are already good so I doubt ill replace those soon too.... Which leaves Main/Off hand...

Ask Envy to stream is possible I would love to check this out...

Nice way to put it. I was going to reply and say your build does it "more often" since its not a matter of BEING able to do it, but how often you can do it...

Also uncag3d, you play with ancient sword an shield, is that for more tankiness? seems like scimmy is BiS for DPS?
    edited June 2013

Let me know how a 1v1 will show anything. This game's pvp has the lowest skillcap ever. You get RNG crit? GG one shotted.

Also, scimmy + shield of crusher is best for pvp.
    edited June 2013
    So they ARE new items... I was going to do it anyways since I doubt any BiS weapon will be easy to get or cheap so Ill stick with whatever I can get and put greater in that... and I doubt ill replace stalwarts anytime soon since its set bonus is Godly... Rings/Neck/Belt are already good so I doubt ill replace those soon too.... Which leaves Main/Off hand...

Ask Envy to stream is possible I would love to check this out...

Nice way to put it. I was going to reply and say your build does it "more often" since its not a matter of BEING able to do it, but how often you can do it...

Also uncag3d, you play with ancient sword an shield, is that for more tankiness? seems like scimmy is BiS for DPS?

yes scimmy is bis for dmg, an ipicked ancients cause it offers alot more tankiness and more "wep dmg" passive gives 450 def which is fairly decent.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    edited June 2013
    yes scimmy is bis for dmg, an ipicked ancients cause it offers alot more tankiness and more "wep dmg" passive gives 450 def which is fairly decent.
    "scimmy more dmg" "i picked ancient cus gives more wep dmg"
    edited June 2013
    "scimmy more dmg" "i picked ancient cus gives more wep dmg"

yes look at base wep dmg ancient gives, scimmy has offense stats that makes it deal more dmg
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    edited June 2013
    yes look at base wep dmg ancient gives, scimmy has offense stats that makes it deal more dmg

Then your comment is pointless, because if scimmy does more dmg overall, mentioning that ancient does damage is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, like the rest of this thread.
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    Then your comment is pointless, because if scimmy does more dmg overall, mentioning that ancient does damage is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, like the rest of this thread.

hey i've heard you are the best gf

can you post your build
  • chchchuin1chchchuin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dam that build is expensive .

need 10 million Ad for it about .
  • chchchuin1chchchuin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    how you get 18k power ??
    i get only about 12k with 4k base power ..
  • vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    So the three extra feat points make the difference here as human?
    Do i have to reroll as a human for superiority in pvp
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
    edited June 2013
    chchchuin1 wrote: »
    how you get 18k power ??
    i get only about 12k with 4k base power ..

yes its 12.7k, you can get alot more but i have all offense slots for tene, if you go def slots you'll be lil under that
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    edited June 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    So the three extra feat points make the difference here as human?
    Do i have to reroll as a human for superiority in pvp

not huge diffrence but i perf it compared to other races.
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    edited June 2013
    Alright Uncag3d, Ive bought in and loading up on greater tenes for a copy cat of you. Going to get the ancient set as well to help the non-squishy factor.

I would like to talk more about your official build though, you posted what you thought you were...
    edited June 2013
    Alright Uncag3d, Ive bought in and loading up on greater tenes for a copy cat of you. Going to get the ancient set as well to help the non-squishy factor.

I would like to talk more about your official build though, you posted what you thought you were...

This build is picture perfect atm, we were doing 1v1's an i went 29-0 vs 13-15k players an then finally died in a 2v1 vs a cw an a gf.. killed the cw an the gf had 10% hp left both 13-15k gs
    FearITsSelf #1 GF