What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Regen Tank/Healer: Gear choices and build

Comments

• Options
    mrblazermrblazer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are some alternatives for the rings. Have been looking in the AH for 3 days and nothing.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't really see what the fuss is about half elf clerics.
  • Options
    saivyresaivyre Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've watched the videos and I got interested in this video. So I decided to try it out :3.

I'm however doing it with another race. I know you suggested Tiefling, Human, and Drow, but I decided to go with Half Elf.

Here's why. You can start off with 14, 16, 14 with them easily. You get a +2 to constitution as well for more life down the road, which I like. Then I put the other +2 to Wis to get the 14, 18, 14 look. Then they get a +1 to Intelligence thanks to Dilettante so that helps a bit in the long run as well. Then there's the +1% to both Deflect and Crit Severity.

I hope it goes well xD

Thank you again for the build.

Also went with half elf, although it was a tough choice for me - I almost went wood elf for +3% innate crit.
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    saivyre wrote: »
    Also went with half elf, although it was a tough choice for me - I almost went wood elf for +3% innate crit.

If it was 3% it would be a really popular race choice lol, it's only 1%. I'm pretty sure.

I personally went Elf, mainly for theme/cosmetics, but I liked the Dex/Wis combo, extra mitigation from Dex is handy. I wish the racial was a bit better though.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really cool build, a friend recommended it to me and I'm trying it now. Question. You prefer the Cat rather than the stone because of the belt slot? Does the gear for passive pets apply to you instead of them?

I am not a fan of complete min-maxing, so I run a Half-Elf Cleric. I'll probably end up with something like 19 STR 21 WIS 21 CHA. I hope it doesn't hurt her too much.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, before I checked up this build I was already buying Divine Emissary (I loved the aura effect, it's sad to know it's broken). However I haven't seen the Greaves anywhere, anyone knows where they drop?
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    If it was 3% it would be a really popular race choice lol, it's only 1%. I'm pretty sure.

I personally went Elf, mainly for theme/cosmetics, but I liked the Dex/Wis combo, extra mitigation from Dex is handy. I wish the racial was a bit better though.

Wood elf is 3% =p Thats what my TR is.
  • Options
    preshapresha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

er... are you including the %2 for your dex on your TR? Because the base crit chance increase for Wood Elves from elven accuracy is only 1%, and the crit chance for DC is based off str.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Also, before I checked up this build I was already buying Divine Emissary (I loved the aura effect, it's sad to know it's broken). However I haven't seen the Greaves anywhere, anyone knows where they drop?

Boots never seem to drop for some reason, the AH has been vacant of T1 boots for some reason.

I had to run cragmire during delves like 10 times before I finally found mine, and they were BoP.

Maybe that's why... lol they're bop.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Linking to a 1/2 hour video as your entire build explanation is... well, many people who might benefit from your build will not.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Since there's isn't a wood elf in this game, I'm going to assume you mean half elf. In that case, you're looking at 1% crit severity, not crit percentage, which is a huge difference. Just thought I'd point that out.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    Since there's isn't a wood elf in this game, I'm going to assume you mean half elf. In that case, you're looking at 1% crit severity, not crit percentage, which is a huge difference. Just thought I'd point that out.

Nope, he means wood elf. Go to create new character, click on Elf, and look at the caption.

Elven Accuracy is still only 1% though.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I stand corrected, somewhat! Kind of weird it says elf but then says wood elf when you click on it. Still is only 1% crit though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    presha2 wrote: »
    er... are you including the %2 for your dex on your TR? Because the base crit chance increase for Wood Elves from elven accuracy is only 1%, and the crit chance for DC is based off str.

Ahhh, thats why I thought 3%, makes sense now.
  • Options
    dustehtmdustehtm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've looked around and asked alot of people no one can tell me where the greater rings of repulsion come from if anyone could give me a heads up on where I could get them that would be great.
  • Options
    cyrclecyrcle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Posting because I am actually interested on how the new cleric (100% HG/DA/AS uptime) you were making is coming along, if you are still attempting it. I assume you are maxing your CHA and stacking recovery as much as possible. Please provide us more info on that, as I was actually thinking of re-rolling myself into a similar spec.
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cyrcle wrote: »
    Posting because I am actually interested on how the new cleric (100% HG/DA/AS uptime) you were making is coming along, if you are still attempting it. I assume you are maxing your CHA and stacking recovery as much as possible. Please provide us more info on that, as I was actually thinking of re-rolling myself into a similar spec.

Horrible build, not worth trying. I did provide a data dump of recovery/recharge speed related stuff in another thread though.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?287742-7-951-Recovery-23-Cha-20-Int-and-56-1-Recharge-%28A-bunch-of-numbers-not-a-build%29

The biggest problem is that the formula for recharge speed increase prevents you from getting your CDs low enough for it to be worth going full out Int/Cha/Recovery. 56.5% recharge rate is only 12.7 seconds on Astral Shield and 7.6 seconds on Sun Burst.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Horrible build, not worth trying. I did provide a data dump of recovery/recharge speed related stuff in another thread though.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?287742-7-951-Recovery-23-Cha-20-Int-and-56-1-Recharge-%28A-bunch-of-numbers-not-a-build%29

The biggest problem is that the formula for recharge speed increase prevents you from getting your CDs low enough for it to be worth going full out Int/Cha/Recovery. 56.5% recharge rate is only 12.7 seconds on Astral Shield and 7.6 seconds on Sun Burst.

That's interesting though, that recharge speed works like that, in that it's 56.5% more casts rather than actual 56.5% reduction.

It really just means it's not as overpowered as we thought it was. It would be pretty **** OP if it did actually work that way lol. There's a reason there's a 40% cap on CDR in League of Legends, get's exponentially stronger the higher it goes.

It's strange how ambiguous it is here though, although I supposed it makes sense considering it's called Recharge SPEED rather than Recharge Reduction. 56.5% FASTER recharges as opposed to 56.5% REDUCED recharges.

On the bright side it means Wisdom is by far the best Stat for us then. :3

Atleast in terms of output. Str still gives an edge in survivability with the stam regen.
  • Options
    cyrclecyrcle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thank you for posting that. Sucks it doesn't work like you thought it would. It saved me from re-rolling at least. :/

FYI, was running epic Dread Vault for fun earlier, Ring of Repulsion drops off first boss.
  • Options
    noxzwotanoxzwota Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone knows where Ring of Greater Repulsion drops from ?
  • Options
    dustehtmdustehtm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FYI, was running epic Dread Vault for fun earlier, Ring of Repulsion drops off first boss.

Ohhh normal or epic? :P
  • Options
    cwiyk13cwiyk13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dustehtm wrote: »
    Ohhh normal or epic? :P

Greater Ring of Repulsion or just Ring of Repulsion?
    Krae Vull - Devoted Cleric
  • Options
    bloodraiderx42bloodraiderx42 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    1. Get 33% Recharge Speed Increase. How much recovery this requires varies based on your Charisma and Intelligence scores. You NEED a 15 second, or less CD on Astral Shield.
    2. Get Critical Chance up between 25% and 33%. Again how much Critical Strike you need depends on your Strength.
    3. Get around 2,000 Defense.
    4. Stack Regeneration and +Health while maintaining the above.

Regeneration stacking is really the ultimate goal but I don't think you should sacrifice the other 3 criteria to do it, especially not 1). Crit is a bit more flexible but I like to have my crit somewhere in that range. Defense makes regeneration and +Health better but around 2k is where DR starts to set in. It might be better to go for more defense, but I haven't done the math on it to really figure it out.

Because the extra Pip is useless. I should NEVER have 3 full pips, I should be using DP not saving up 4 pips of it. If I actually had 4 full pips of DP I've been doing something wrong, like putting down a yellow circle or not casting Forgemaster's or Daunting Light (whichever I'm running) in divine mode. I don't see any purpose in having a higher max DP when I'm already never at full DP and I don't ever want to have full DP (except maybe right before a boss fight I'll build up spare DP).

If I was going to pull a point from Rising Hope (I assume that's what you meant by righteousness) I would put it back in Ethereal Boon waaayyyy before Greater Divine Power. More DP regen >>>>>>>>>>>>> a higher max DP I'll never fill.

amazing guide and info. cant wait to test the build. thanks man for all your help!!!
  • Options
    redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is regen still far safer than using Diestik's normal gear with 5700+ power for CN and skipping adds?
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Recently hit 60, after leveling with this spec, and t1 epics were a breeze. Couldnt find the rings you were using, and I wasn't ready for t2s yet. So here's what I got so far, as a fresh 60(and this was today's haul after I dinged 60 and said "Let's Leeroy some dungeons!):
    4pc Divine Emissary - I liked the passive on this t1 set, more because it boosts my defense than for any other reason tbh.
    Symbol of the Sacred Hand + Lesser Tenebrous Enchantment
    Nightmare Icon
    Thickgristle's Sturdy Belt
    Cloak of the Erupting Volcano
    2x Minor Slavemaster's Ring of Control(from Peg Seal Vendor)

I also don't have the Cat yet, so using Phoera which I leveled with for AoE ownage.

My base stats, as a half elf, are 20/20/20 Wis/Str/Cha - 14/14 Int/Con and 12 Dex
    Secondary stats come out to 3662 Power, 2081 Crit(+14%), 1790 Recovery(15.3%), 1721 Defense and 369 Regen(only 3% =/)

According to my little breakdown I have... 32% Crit Chance with 76% Crit Severity, 31.1% Damage Resistance, 29.3% Recharge Speed increase, and +41.8% AP Gain

Unfortunately my Astral Shield has a 15.4s recast time, so there's a slight downtime on it, less than a second, but I think I need to work on that.

I was also a bit poor as a fresh 60, so was only able to get r5 enchants to start off. I slotted Azure(+defense) in my defense slots, Radiant(+power) in my Offense slots and Dark(+movement) in my utility slots.

Is this a good starting point to be at on my cleric using your spec?
  • Options
    sitedynositedyno Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Been working on this build and my stats are really close to what Unspecified recommends. Just ran epic spellplague and 3 of the team ended up getting blown off the platform. With the help of regular soulforged, a few pots, and lots of running in circles the remaining rogue and I managed to get through the last fourth of the boss. Thanks so much for the useful information Unspecified :)
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Is this a good starting point to be at on my cleric using your spec?

Yeah it sounds like you're well on your way. The main thing I would work on is getting the Cat companion, that's where I get ~900 regen. It makes a huge difference. Even if you don't slot all the same stuff it at least gives you a free ring, belt, and amulet for extra stats. When all is said and done you get around an extra 2k-3k stats to spread around through a Cat/Ion Stone.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With the sudden changes to Cleanse, you think it's still viable? Personally I don't, especially since now it's 1 debuff at a time every 20 seconds with a 10% chance within a heal. Oh it no longer removes the Recently death debuff either.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    With the sudden changes to Cleanse, you think it's still viable? Personally I don't, especially since now it's 1 debuff at a time every 20 seconds with a 10% chance within a heal. Oh it no longer removes the Recently death debuff either.

My opinion on that nerf is that it seems Cryptic decided the Cleric didn't have enough useless Powers/Feats/Sets already and wanted to give us another one.

That 20 second ICD basically ruins cleanse to the point I don't feel it's worth taking anymore. Just move the point down to the divinity gain feat and call it a day. If you're human I don't know where to recommend putting 3 points, clerics don't have enough worthwhile feats for 23 points anymore.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Level 50 so far. I'm going to seriously have to go through your vids when I reach higher levels dealing with the gear. Reason being is I've concentrated purely on Recovery and Regeneration. Right now with the fireplace buff my Regeneration is at 11.9, Recharge speed is at 24.3, and Action Point Gain is at 37.4. Don't ask me about Crit lol that's completely ignored. I'm just glad it's at least 17% XD.

Still loving this build. Can't wait until I get higher.