test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crit on wizards?

glasglowglasglow Member Posts: 0
edited November 2013 in The Library
So, what happened to crit, did the meta slowly shift away from crit for some reason?

Watching some youtube videos where i was hoping to see how to stat build a wizard, people nowadays seem to have prefered recovery over crit? Saw some thieflings with 20 charisma at lv60 o.o

So whats up with wizards nowadays, is the reommended wiz stats still max charisma and int on thiefling? or did anything change?

And how will that interact with the new wizard paragon path coming out thats probably not focused on passives like eye of the storm..obviously.

So, whats up with wizards nowadays?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Eye of the Storm replaces stacking Crit in my build.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    u dont need to stack crit, its quite easy to get some 35% crit without any expensive stuff, close to BiS EoS should be good, but at more reasonable gear lvls mehh..

• Options
    sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Crit has the worst diminishing returns. Get vorpal/plague fire and enjoy the damage.
    /thread
  • Options
    glasglowglasglow Member Posts: 0
    edited November 2013
    I meant stat wise when creating a character, is it still best option to make it a thieflign with 18/14/18 int/wis/cha?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    . . . . . Personally, it's just a playstyle for me. I prefer to do consistent large damaging hits rather than relying on a stat that has high diminishing returns and relies on RNG to be on your side.
  • Options
    sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    glasglow wrote: »
    I meant stat wise when creating a character, is it still best option to make it a thieflign with 18/14/18 int/wis/cha?
    Well if you can roll one :)
  • Options
    cimerea1cimerea1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sorry for barging in on a thread, but i can't seem to make one of my own. I got a few very technical questions about CW. Very technical. Very :]

They are related to crit issue, that's why I decided to post here. Kill me for that, if you must, I'll totally understand ;p Here goes:

1. Does every discharge of fully channeled Storm Pillar have a chance of procing Eye of the Storm?

2. Do crits achieved through Eye of the Storm work with Critical Power feat from Renegade feat tree?

Well as it comes to crits, that's pretty much it. The rest of the questions I still have about CW aren't so technical and are probably answered somewhere else on this forum :]
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cimerea1 wrote: »
    Sorry for barging in on a thread, but i can't seem to make one of my own. I got a few very technical questions about CW. Very technical. Very :]

They are related to crit issue, that's why I decided to post here. Kill me for that, if you must, I'll totally understand ;p Here goes:

1. Does every discharge of fully channeled Storm Pillar have a chance of procing Eye of the Storm?

2. Do crits achieved through Eye of the Storm work with Critical Power feat from Renegade feat tree?

Well as it comes to crits, that's pretty much it. The rest of the questions I still have about CW aren't so technical and are probably answered somewhere else on this forum :]

1. No. It's per Storm Pillar cast, not per discharge.

2. Yes, but note Critical Power has a 10s cooldown of its own...
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    glasglow wrote: »
    So, whats up with wizards nowadays?

The CWs that do most damage these days (from what I've seen) have almost completely ignored ArP and Crit (Recovery is already at 3200 or so in the common PvE gear so no need to touch it), and they stack Power instead. This works now, because ArP is bugged for spells such as SotEA, SS, CoI and OF, but if/when ArP gets fixed things will change.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A bit of personal preference around it, but imo:

Power = as much as you can get with emphasis on other stats.
    Crit: 2300 (lets you crit outside of EoTS cds -would want to go to 3k or so if I didnt have EoTS -aka fire paragon....which seems lackluster)
    ArmPen: 2200 (still works for more powers than it doesn't - 2500 puts you around PVE cap)
    Rec: 3000+ (comes easily from set bonuses & gear stats)
    Def: 1700+
    And whatever else you can squeeze in defensively (Regen, Life Steal, Deflect)
  • Options
    kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Alright here is the deal.

It all depends. This is like making a post asking "should I buy a truck or a car?". The rest of your build is important to know.

For example, I have high CHA and EotS. I have 180 crit stat so that I can focus on defensive stats more. If you don't have high CHA, you probably have another stat high. This would mean you could put more into crit to balance.

Overall, gear to balance out your character. Dont gear because others do it :)