test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So this is where the bots are farming now.

bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Open social.Click Find person. Type "The Night Raid" .

enjoy the 100+ lvl 60 rogues with suspicious names and accounts farming a level 50 quest.

Due to naming and shaming I wont mention the name , but you can see certain rogue-only guilds have like 30 rogues farming there 24/7.

Your move cryptic.
Post edited by bel1eveee on

Comments

• Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They will end up just removing the nodes and the chest.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    They better do.If you look at the AH on dragon atm they are like 4 pages of the same people listing 99 RANK 5 dark/azure etc enchants.I made a thread about it earlier but it got removed,wonder why...
  • Options
    suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This has been going on for a while now. The "dungeon" for that particular quest has 1 of each type of node (nature, dungeoneering, arcana, etc) along with at least one chest, and all are in a relatively small area that is quick to navigate if you're a stealth-user.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I seriously hope they were not aware of this.I imagine something like this will be very easy to hotfix,not to mention that the hundreds of bots are super-easy to detect and actions can be taken against their accounts.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    I seriously hope they were not aware of this.I imagine something like this will be very easy to hotfix,not to mention that the hundreds of bots are super-easy to detect and actions can be taken against their accounts.

Of course they are aware of this - it is impossible for them not to be. They just are doing the very minimum they can to keep the cash flow going.

Shame as this could have been a great game, but now I woudl strongly advise people to not to spend a single cent on this.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It'd be nice if the solution wasn't just "remove all the treasure nodes", since..... regular players need to get their loot somewhere. Take all/many of the loot nodes away, where does that leave us?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A better solution would be to reduce any profession node drops if you are re-entering the same dungeon within a short time window. The second time you get less than the first time...the third time you get nothing from the nodes.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited July 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »

And when they do, regulars like myself we be hurt by that action. It is just like the lining up exercise in grade school: one future screw-up, I mean misbehaved person screws it up for all.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    One possible solution would be to vastly reduce the number of nodes in 'farmable' instances and increase the amount of nodes in areas where you have a large number of wandering monsters.

Won't stop the most sophisticated bots but would prevent a lot of the easier abuse.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not sure how much work it would take, but in known farming dungeons like this they link monsters to the nodes/chests. You open it they attack...this would kill the whole stealthing to get in and out quickly. May not be the best solution, but its another option.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Probably not the best solutions because a lvl 60 can kill lvl 52-53 mobs in 2-3 hits with bad gear
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey all,

We're investigating these reports. Thanks for posting! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    Not sure how much work it would take, but in known farming dungeons like this they link monsters to the nodes/chests. You open it they attack...this would kill the whole stealthing to get in and out quickly. May not be the best solution, but its another option.

In this game, if you get attacked and interrupted while interacting with a chest, you won't be able to open it again. Which would prevent farming, but would also screw over anyone just playing normally.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just put Loremaster near every chest in the game D:
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    ananvilhurtzananvilhurtz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »

It'd make more sense to just move them further into the quest.
    Religion - 60 GF (15.3k GS)
    The Seeker - 60 DC (11.5k GS)
    Faithless - 60 CW (10k GS)
  • Options
    domushdomush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    A better solution would be to reduce any profession node drops if you are re-entering the same dungeon within a short time window. The second time you get less than the first time...the third time you get nothing from the nodes.

This is the best fix to botting I've ever seen. GREAT IDEA! Cryptic, you should be doing this NOW!

Make this a 24 hour timeout. Good luck to the botters then!
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    domush wrote: »
    This is the best fix to botting I've ever seen. GREAT IDEA! Cryptic, you should be doing this NOW!

I agree this fix would be ideal.
  • Options
    temjiutemjiu Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2013

+2 on this one. you shouldn't punish people running this on a normal schedule (i.e. dailies, or a few times a day). but repeated running within a narrow enough window...loot depreciates. fantastic idea
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all,

We're investigating these reports. Thanks for posting! :)

If I check the Auction House, am I going to see pages and pages of stacks of 99 enchantments? When I track down the name of that character, is he going to be in a guild full of rogues with suspicious names? Because I have been hearing "We will investigate SMILY FACE" for a very long time. Sorry for the inconvenience. >_>
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If I check the Auction House, am I going to see pages and pages of stacks of 99 enchantments?

YES.
    When I track down the name of that character, is he going to be in a guild full of rogues with suspicious names?

YES.

Because I have been hearing "We will investigate SMILY FACE" for a very long time.

YES.

Sorry for the inconvenience. >_>

Probably not actually......
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I am happily surprised by Cryptic's response.Kudos to you guys.
  • Options
    griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I am really starting to get a "if you cant beat them join them" attitude in regards to bots in this game. Which, honestly, just makes me want to quit playing. I have no desire to bot, but with the game economy like it is if you dont bot good luck trying to make a decent amount of ad on enchants and such. As the fllod of bot-farmed enchants makes them worthless.

And then there is pvp..

When you see the same bots in almost every pvp match from lvl 1-60, for weeks on end, its makes you wonder if the devs are even trying to combat the problem.

At the rate bots seem to be expanding the devs should just add a bot program to the game. So everyone can be on equal footing and everything in the game can be worthless :)
  • Options
    domushdomush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At the rate bots seem to be expanding the devs should just add a bot program to the game.

You mean there isn't? I thought I just hadn't found the hotkey yet. :confused:

As for PvP, the fact they haven't added a right-click "Report bot" feature is mind boggling. Add a voting feature, ability to kick someone, ANYTHING is better than having a steady stream of bots running around doing nothing.
  • Options
    ahleraahlera Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013

enjoy the 100+ lvl 60 rogues with suspicious names and accounts farming a level 50 quest.

Due to naming and shaming I wont mention the name , but you can see certain rogue-only guilds have like 30 rogues farming there 24/7.

Your move cryptic.

I saw this right after I finished the quest! I wondered if that was a botting situation. So sad. Couldn't they limit how many times you can enter a zoned instance before you have to wait a certain period?
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    It'd be nice if the solution wasn't just "remove all the treasure nodes", since..... regular players need to get their loot somewhere. Take all/many of the loot nodes away, where does that leave us?

Zen shop is right over there! --->
  • Options
    oriyellow8oriyellow8 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ahmm...i think i was the first to notice this exploit of lvl enchantments .cryptic is doing nothing with this. how hard is it to check up if u bot and kick the **** u out of game. but cryptic even if i gave them names from ah that sell like 6000 residuum or 500 enchantments lvl 5 is doing nothing. and why should i send this names if 5 min looking in ah is more than enough to notice this bots. i did it for 2 weeks and than gave up. if bots where easy thing to make i would have done it but since ur dealing with hackers who make this programs i really dont want to get involve in that. i only wonder why r they keeping hands on the fusing enchantment exploit ( wher u can fuse high enchantment with low enchantment %). i read in forums that they give bans to people who do it and they dont do anything with bots. how come any fusing exploit is doing more harm to game experience than bots which r ruining the economy of shard and r very irritating to all people who just want to have fun and not be overachieved by botting software.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Your move cryptic.

Where is this I should apparently be farming there. !!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013

No that's a terrible idea since there is already a throttle back in place where you get junk from farming to fast. The only thing that I do PvE wise in this game that I enjoy is farming. A couple cups of coffee in the morning and chest/node farming. If you take that away then there is nothing left for me to do PvE wise. I love farming I bought 2 bags to farm and hoard more. Farming is a huge part of any MMO you can't nerf it to nothing.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I don't get anyone that agree's reducing nodes as a solution do you guys not farm nodes? Farming nodes/chest is a huge part of my AD and gold income and the only thing I enjoy. I hate dungeons cause there all bad. I rather spend hours just farming killing monsters and doing nodes for loot. Once again if this is nerfed further then the already nerf of junk after farming to fast then a lot of players including myself will just have to find a game that has something enjoyable to do and better farming.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't get anyone that agree's reducing nodes as a solution do you guys not farm nodes? Farming nodes/chest is a huge part of my AD and gold income and the only thing I enjoy. I hate dungeons cause there all bad. I rather spend hours just farming killing monsters and doing nodes for loot. Once again if this is nerfed further then the already nerf of junk after farming to fast then a lot of players including myself will just have to find a game that has something enjoyable to do and better farming.

No. I don't farm nodes at all, I find it incredibly boring. Each to their own.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014