test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Wizard - Which build to choose?

larva888larva888 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Library
Hi! I'm a new player. I want to play a Control Wizard but i do not know what build to choose. I wish that my mage was strong in PvE and also to deal well in PvP.

What stats draw during character creation?

Which race to choose? He wanted me to play a human or tiefling.

Which builds will be best for me with this issue http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?182621 ?

P.S - My English is very poor.
Post edited by larva888 on

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To be honest if I was you I'd use a build that you made yourself , I've tried just about all the current "best" builds on here and to be honest not one of them suited my playstyle , if you really want to be handheld through running your character then the here is a link to the currently agreed best builds for each class although with the control wizard these may now be outdated since some of the broken renegade feats appear to have been fixed in the latest patch , sorry if this isn't much help. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?182621-Sticky-gt-Master-List-of-Class-Builds-lt
  • jawarisinjawarisin Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Self promotion on mine here ~ in my sig
    CW Renegade comprehensive build+guide PvP:
    Here for the build+guide
  • larva888larva888 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is this build is also suitable for PvP? - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?196742-Lvl60-8-5k-Gearscore-CW-s-views-on-best-DPS-build-for-Dungeons

Which specialization is most suitable for PvP? Well, I would not was poor in PvE.
  • seantierseantier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This build works great while leveling: CW-Icy-Aoe-build-Great-for-Leveling

Check out this guide for some expert tip's: Grimah's Comprehensive Wizard guide

When you get to 60 you can either stick with your leveling build, make your own or chose one of the other end game builds in this forum. Copticone's Thaumaturge build is a strong end-game build, it all boils Down to how you like to play.

Some minor tips while leveling.
    Dont bother spending AD/Zen on enchants or BIS items. It's a waste of Resources. Just take your time to 60 and then start building up your toon according to chosen build. The only thing i would consider spending AD on while leveling is the "Orb of the Fugue"

This is a Rare (blue) level 11/21/31/41/51 weapon that act as a higher Level weapon.. ie. Level 11=20, 21=30, 31=40, 41=50, 51=60
    You will do some high dmg with this weapon.

have fun :)
  • bropinebropine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What does BIS mean?
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    BIS = Best in Slot. Meaning the best item you can wear in a particular slot.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.