test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Major updates on the way!

1789101113»

Comments

• neozepneozep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rebalancing across the board. That's all I wanted to see.

Oh please... We haveno info about what changes they might be and you scrubs are already begging for respec tokens...

So "Every class will see big changes in regards to their mechanics" is not good enough for you?!
    Well to bad. If they expect me to pay $18 to change the specs on my chars because of changes they made. Then this game is not for me. Because then I simply do not understand and will not support the developers behind.
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    herakleia wrote: »
    The most recent front page announcement says that the rebalancing will make the game "more challenging". This is IMO exactly what the game does NOT need. I'd rather have a game that's fun than one that's frustrating, and frustration and "challenge" appear to be the same thing.

Personally, I enjoy the challenging video games, if I want to do something fun I watch a movie or I do some sports, etc.

So, I'm pro challenge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    naamaesa wrote: »
    Dear Mr. sominator, and Neverwinter developers team!

With all due respect, this game will die much, much faster than promised "changes" in this "Open beta", which is actually the game release, being betatested for the cost of users and their braincells due to shifted game release date.

So please, explain lead developers, that waiting for any actual changes in the game is getting boring and annoying, and basically, any new game on the market will easily turn my attention as a customer to it if it is better polished and taken care of by devs.

Since I don't care about dungeons with their cliff-knockdown fights and add-ridden bosses, here is basic PVP TODO for coders to start, today:

- BUG! Fix people not being teleported into next PvP zone after they were kicked from previous PvP zone.
    This bug is so easily reproduced, everyone is annoyed by this and it makes the game unplayable, because every player who is bugged will bugs new parties and break their PvP zone because thy cannot join, and the guys left 3v5 will find out, when they leave the PvP zone only to find out they cannot join PvP anymore themselves! And YET devs take time to fix frigging "gems in calendar" instead of gamebreaking stuff? Really???

- BUG! Fix broken/completely not working as advertised skills and feats.
    Grab those calculators, check your math, then check your code. And check your heads too - why this is not in priority queue for development???

- IMPROVEMENT! Prohibit random people from kicking each other from auto-premade PvP/dungeon party. make kicks vote-based.
    Fire developer/designer, responsible for current party system. Allowing me to kick someone from my own party, I have pre-made in TOWN is OK. Allowing me to kick people from auto-queued-random-collected party, teleported to instance without means of vote is plain DUMB.

No new features even! Let's fix these 2 bugs and improvement on next sprint!

Until then - NO, I will not pay a single cent into this game until I see developers actually doing something meaningful.
    Was thinking about Hero of the North pack, but really - you have to work for this guys, so I trust my $200 into you.

Let us analyze developer's Last patches!

1) Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.45
    - The Bid and Buyout buttons are now greyed out when an auction has expired
    (I dont care about non working auction house! I cannot join PvP zone because Im bugged!)

- The Hrimnir Item set can now be completed
    (what the heck is this item? I dont care!)

- Items will now be correctly consumed during fusion
    (I havent noticed any issues when fusing my stuff, dont care!)

THIS PATCH IS NOT EVEN WORTH THE DOWNTIME!!! WHY YOU ARE UPLOADING THIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> TO LIVE AND STOP CLIENTS FROM PLAYING?

2) Patch Notes: NW.1.20130416.42
    - Great Weapon Fighters can no longer become invulnerable due to cancelling specific powers.
    (Yes, lets fix 1 bug for GWF! Rogues/CWs/Clerics are still broken, whatever!)

- A Double Gems event has been added to the calendar, starting June 14 and ending June 16.
    - A Double Astral Diamonds event has been added to the calendar, starting July 3 and ending July 7.
    (Are. You. Kidding. Me??? DONT CARE ABOUT THIS!!!)

- The game client will no longer get stuck at the loading screen for some users.
    (Thank God for this fix, getting stuck on loading after instance was ridiculous)

Okay, 2 bugs fixed for the WHOLE sprint, omfg, now that is some productivity!

Please, put your priorities and mark your dev sprints into something that really matters and cost your player base from level 1 to level 60!
    Fix critical bugs and non-working functionality instead of barely noticeable things.
    Otherwise this game is dead real soon.

Hey look! Another entitled whiner. This game would be better off without you.
  • zxetzxet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you most likely will have to pay to respect, they want there money
  • balstromebalstrome Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    leeford wrote: »
    Archer Ranger?

Please Yes!!!
  • riggijeeriggijee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The main thing I want is a drop-in/out party system so I don't have to waste 40+ minutes on a dungeon just to have one person leave at the last boss so we can't finish.
  • daledaledaledale Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No reason in posting things if you're going to be completely vague.
    Just wastes time.
  • rck2rollrck2roll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would say that if PW wants any real money from the player community they should seriously pay attention to how the players feel about the game and what they feel is missing, broken, what is right, and liked, disliked, etc.

The happier players are with the game then the more likely they are to spend money on it.

If the upcoming changes turn out to be like the old SWG Combat Upgrade and NGE changes and the players hate what has been done. Do you think they will put much money into the game?

On the other hand, if the completely new combat mechanics and class re-writes are loved by the players then they will put more time and money into the game.

Because to PW the bottom line is money. Not a good game, but a good EARNING game. They want to make money, and not necessarily the best game ...

Of course the hard workers at Cryptic want to make the best game possible. But they are now owned by PW and have to answer and do as PW requires them to do. After all they wanna get paid ...

So hope for the best, plan for the worst, and it'll probably end up somewhere in-between.

I think that ultimately the game will be a great game that is fun to play and lasts for many years to come.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am playing Neverwinter almost entirely because of Foundry.

I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see what's in the pipeline for Foundry, please.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope they plan to fix the broken sounds in the Foundry before the game launches on June 20. That would just look really bad for them to launch with such a major bug in place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited June 2013
    finally TR's wont be so OP!
  • rck2rollrck2roll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they were doing this massive change in closed beta I would not have given it a second thought. That happens all the time.

I guess my trepidation arises from the fact that this kinda of change 2 weeks from going live (in fact I think this "patch" (which is a complete re-write of all classes, combat mechanics) is probably going to be the Live Release) and reminded me of the SWG CU/NGE fiasco.

Hopefully they get it right and things will be much better.
  • notaworgennotaworgen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    not going to lie, the game is unplayable for me (i am a guardian fighter) but hearing this did just make my day, thanks and lets hope its good.
  • dithrindithrin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I didnt read all the pages, but is everyone going to get a free re-spec. if you are completely revamping how all the classes work we will have to respec our character.
  • vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    any foundry tool updates coming?
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
  • herakleiaherakleia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    rck2roll wrote: »
    The happier players are with the game then the more likely they are to spend money on it.

If the upcoming changes turn out to be like the old SWG Combat Upgrade and NGE changes and the players hate what has been done. Do you think they will put much money into the game?

I am generally happy with the state of the game, think at minimum that it has gotten off to a good start, and like the existing content.

One thing that makes the game especially enjoyable is the power level of player characters, which for the most part seems pretty good for an MMO. Even my GWF, which many seem to feel is an underperforming class, has been fun and not too frustrating.

Another thing that makes the game enjoyable is the team content, especially the skirmishes. I have enjoyed every skirmish I have been through. Some of the later dungeons are a bit too demanding, but the Cloak Tower is great fun as well. I enjoy the chaotic, steamroller style of play as characters just move forward to annihilate mobs and get loot. That is relaxing and fun to me, and I haven't enjoyed the actual gameplay of levelling content in any game as much since City of Heroes.

I do not want much choreography and cat-herding to be added to team content. Anything that sends people to Ventrilo/Teamspeak to get through is probably going to be bad design and not much fun. I want the developers to be thinking in terms of bringing underperforming classes up rather than putting powerful classes down. I want them to develop the chaotic, action oriented play in the game they have now, because most of it is in fact fun to play for me now. I don't want this to play like other MMOs.
  • kadirrakadirra Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hallipo wrote: »
    I honestly hope that with said changes to class abilities and rebalancing that you include free respecs? Or are they going to make us pay $6 to make our characters playable again after said rebalancing and ability changes? I mean, not that I would doubt that Cryptic would pass up a chance to gouge yet more money from thier player base, I was just kinda hoping, you know?

They could just reset everyone's characters (clear the skills/feats) when they put the new stuff, so people don't NEED respec tokens. It'd be simpler for them that way, probably. That's what a lot of games do. They just reset the talents/skills/etc so people can do what they want to do with the new stuff that came through. :)
  • pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still waiting for a Ranger class to be released before I even touch the game
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    alandoril1 wrote: »
    If it makes the cleric enjoyable to play in dungeons then I will be most impressed.

How is the cleric not enjoyable? Is it too difficult for you? If so I suggest going to play another mmo. The clerics are probably one of the most balanced classes in the game. They can heal effectively if you have someone who is good at playing the game.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    dorkchops wrote: »
    finally TR's wont be so OP!

Yes! They are taking away all of TR's stealth... all of clerics healing... all of fighter's weapons and armor.. and all of wizards spells... we will all be equally lame as peasants.

Your new quest: hoe a field!

Thanks for hoeing the field... here are some seeds, please go plant them!

But no xp for anything... that would mean that some peasants were higher level than other peasants... and we can't have that.

Only certain pigs are more equal than others...
  • senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    aescleal wrote: »
    This is the most fun MMO I've played! However, I'm begging Cryptic to consider slowing down level advancement. I really feel I'm moving too fast through levels. I'm just enchanting gear, then 30 minutes later swapping it for even better, higher level gear. It takes away from the joy of questing.
    :)

They can't.... without more content. If you reduce xp, then you won't EVER get to level 60 without going nuts in PvP... which personally, I don't care for.
  • alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "How is the cleric not enjoyable? Is it too difficult for you? If so I suggest going to play another mmo. The clerics are probably one of the most balanced classes in the game. They can heal effectively if you have someone who is good at playing the game."

No problem with healing, been complimented many times on my cleric. What grinds my gears is the fact that I have to tank 90-100% of the mobs that constantly spawn. That makes it tedious.

I like how as soon as someone has a problem with something it's instantly a problem with player skill rather than the game design being hilariously flawed
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Check it out! http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501 :)

Closing this thread - please feel free to post your feedback about the changes here!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
This discussion has been closed.