test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.45

Comments

• Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    First off it's open beta. second, anyone spending real money on an open beta game for zen is wasting money. Third. servre wipes and rollback should be a frequent thing since it's open beta. Last, people complaining the people have tons of this or tons of that already should stop since when the game goes live all that **** will be gone and everyone will start from level 1 with nothing save for things the get for helping kickstart the game.

it would make SO MUCH sense if it worked like that, but PWE has no ****ing idea what they're doing.
  • Options
    blackhawke90blackhawke90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please throw in a fix for Guardian Block when Gauntlgrym comes out.
  • Options
    gutotitogutotito Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???... ???

Yeah, don't pay any attention to that. Devs have already said no wipes after April 25. It's in the newsfeed from around that time, if you care to search for it.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is no rollback as it doesn't have an immense impact on the economy of the game at all.
    They already banned people for using this exploit and most likely removed items in their inventory.
    Holy **** it is like 2013 and this isn't the first MMO ever created.
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This one cannot be rolled back folks have been doing it since release. There are guides on how to do it out on the web. The only reason this is even getting patches is because someone posted a step-by-step guide for dummys on how to do it. Was a little funny how it was created.

Now if they will only fix the Spider speed run exploit.
  • Options
    draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    How about fixing the loot chests?

I mean really... I'm tired of being in a solo instance yet unable to return to the loot chest (to remove its contents) after I already opened it once and didn't loot anything/everything but stepped away from it for whatever reason. Furthermore, loot chests are bugged if you've opened one to find yourself looking at its content screen only then to have someone share a quest with you or otherwise open some other narrative window. This pops you out of the chest's loot screen and thereafter renders said chest grey (unusable) to you.

Utterly annoying stuff like this (the aforementioned) is what chaffs my hide whilst playing this otherwise good game.
  • Options
    mikikaramikikara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    108MB.....that's all?
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    gutotito wrote: »
    So, since the servers are already down, does anyone mind telling me what the fusion bug entailed? I seem to remember fusing some stones last night that were consumed just fine. Maybe I wasn't paying attention?

There's an exploit involving fusing rank 4 and 5 enchants at 100% rate with 0 cost. That's all I'm saying as it's not allowed to describe in detail the exploits on the forums.
  • Options
    zilvergoldzilvergold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Come on guys. You said the server would be down for an hour and a half. Surely there is more to the patch than that? :cool:

it was called emergency and unplanned server downtime.
  • Options
    gutotitogutotito Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's an exploit involving fusing rank 4 and 5 enchants. That's all I'm saying as it's not allowed to describe in detailed the exploits on the forums.

Roger that. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to show up on the ban radar. I think I've only made one rank 5 so far, so I'm good. Thanks!
  • Options
    percefuspercefus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First off it's open beta. second, anyone spending real money on an open beta game for zen is wasting money. Third. servre wipes and rollback should be a frequent thing since it's open beta. Last, people complaining the people have tons of this or tons of that already should stop since when the game goes live all that **** will be gone and everyone will start from level 1 with nothing save for things the get for helping kickstart the game.

You need to pay attention, they have said over and over, but I will repeat it since you obviously have no clue. There will be NO server wipe at launch, this so called "open beta" is really a "soft launch" END OF STORY!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=45696675&dateline=1374083559
    A Proud Member Of THE 300 Guild - Tene's are nothing but P2W, Nerf or Remove please!
  • Options
    keinengel69keinengel69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was it only certain Runes? I fused some just yesterday and didn't have a problem with that that I noticed.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sihibbs wrote: »
    wow smallest patch in mmo history (i.e. since wow was made, the first mmo ofc)

Now, direct from STO and CO's patch notes!
    • Server Stability Updates.

As seen here - http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=899281
  • Options
    beefcake2577beefcake2577 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you roll back refund all the zen people bought you and your supporting companies...Roll back to Day 1 =] to be fair.
    Hopefully all the bugs will be ready for the actual game release.
  • Options
    yehsioyehsio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    takes u 1.5 hours to fix these 3 things, so what about Temple of Spider entrance exploit?
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Get rid of the 99 stacks of enchants in the AH and perma ban the account of those involved in the exploit.

This is the exploit.
  • Options
    caiustriicaiustrii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As long as my get where I'm not supposed to get glitches still work I'm happy (like the kings throne)
    tumblr_mnw5mnPcF71r59qkuo1_1280.jpg
    Usurp the throne
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, three things fixed in this patch. They cancelled a patch last night. I wonder if it was the other two things in that huge patch. Figured, let's cancel it and roll it in to one patch, when we fix the enchant exploit. Unscheduled...sort of.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    jerichoswa11jerichoswa11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ark00 wrote: »
    fixing fusion...but they have already exploited it...another rollback? QQ

what was the exploit? I fused a few times and saw no exploit.
  • Options
    oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited June 2013
    percefus wrote: »
    You need to pay attention, they have said over and over, but I will repeat it since you obviously have no clue. There will be NO server wipe at launch, this so called "open beta" is really a "soft launch" END OF STORY!

Maybe you should make it as clear as possible for this guy - "The game has already launched" - the term "soft launch" seems to confuse people, they never realize that soft launched games are already final...
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I actually just read about the fusion exploit yesterday. I didn't know the details of how to do it, but I could probably make a good guess if the ward wasn't being consumed. I was wondering why the higher runes where pretty much right at 4x the lesser. I thought it was just being a competitive market. Maybe I can sell my higher stuff for a little more now.
  • Options
    farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    sihibbs wrote: »
    wow smallest patch in mmo history (i.e. since wow was made, the first mmo ofc)

true and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_game
  • Options
    daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what was the exploit? I fused a few times and saw no exploit.

Now that its fixed it probably doesn't hurt to say. People could replace the Coalescent Ward halfway through fusing and not lose the ward. It meant it was very easy for people to upscale enchantments and make lots of high rank ones.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just to clarify, this was an unscheduled patch mainly to fix the exploit. Great work by the NW forumites who went to bat by reporting this exploit as early as you did! This allowed Cryptic to get to work almost as soon as the exploit was rolled out.

The major update that Sominator divulged in an earlier thread is not to be confused with this unscheduled patch.

That one is coming..........................................................................................Soon™. (Sorry, I just had to.;))

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    Game isn't even a ****ing beta.

Its literally in a pre-alpha stage release with all these bugs/exploits. Was there even in-house alpha testing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fangdenhutfangdenhut Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually there were 2 exploits. One was duping enchantments rank 4 and 5 the other one was saving your coal ward from getting used up.
    So I hope they fixed both exploits in this patch
  • Options
    alchemydevilalchemydevil Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You should get your facts straight before making a fool of yourself.
  • Options
    playhotggplayhotgg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think that people abusing that exploit should lost all their proofit and enchantements. The prices on the game are so high, 1000 Zen for a Coal Ward that gave you 100% win fusing but you lost her. 4000 Zen for a horse? 4000 zen for a companion?

Is this a Pay for Win game? Where people can just buy everything without playing?
  • Options
    selekinselekin Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fangdenhut wrote: »
    Actually there were 2 exploits. One was duping enchantments rank 4 and 5 the other one was saving your coal ward from getting used up.
    So I hope they fixed both exploits in this patch

What? Am I reading this correctly? 2 exploits? Serious?
This discussion has been closed.