test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.45

Comments

• playhotggplayhotgg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope that people getting rich in game doing exploits get all banned or at least a reset to their accounts. People do exploits and want monopoly of the game. People need to be less greed. People want easy stuff without need to fight for them. GG.
  • zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited June 2013
    Ugh! Why don't I ever get in on these exploits?! :mad:
  • fangdenhutfangdenhut Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can find the bugs by simpling googling them lol
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So im guessing the initialy intented patch is stil comming and extra downtime is to hunt down exploiters?...(i hope...sort of....)
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • sikkozusikkozu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So is nothing being done about the lag / rubberbanding issues? Or am I alone here with that problem?
  • nojo2211nojo2211 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    daethx wrote: »
    Now that its fixed it probably doesn't hurt to say...

BAN HAMMER incoming!
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Ill spend money again when I hear the magic word ~*wipe*~ and return zen/packs- the rest of this is just getting frustrating - this is the game I have been the most excited about and now... idk. Knowing that the playing field has been exploited ... again b/c of their bug, is frustrating at best.
  • daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fangdenhut wrote: »
    You can find the bugs by simpling googling them lol

Yeah that is the sad thing. All Cryptic has to do is search 'Neverwinter exploit' and they would have been on top of these exploits a month ago.
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game isn't even a ****ing beta.

Its literally in a pre-alpha stage release with all these bugs/exploits. Was there even in-house alpha testing?

WoW had an infinite item creation bug last week, game has been around 9 years, is it also pre-alpha?
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nojo2211 wrote: »
    BAN HAMMER incoming!

For me? Pfft I never did it. Cyptic is free to check my characters if they want.
  • papare33papare33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Were both methods fixed? I hope they were.
  • fangdenhutfangdenhut Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Google says: It's funny that only 50% exploiters were banned and those 50% got a temporary ban for 72 hours...
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mikemce101 wrote: »
    alot of people have already been banned

3 day bans though and most likely the ill-gotten gains transferred to another account and then another account to launder the goods. In 3 days they will be back, looking for more exploits and the economy takes another tumle toward irrevocable destruction without a server wipe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
    edited June 2013
    This is easy to get thinks fair. Just remove all items and economy from people that exploited. There are a lot of people in game getting rich doing nothing. The people who have more AD in game are the exploiters, they dont even bored to play the game.
    edited June 2013
    If they do an wipe, they shouldnt open zen market in open beta. I guess if game open beta with zen market active they cant do reset server or a lot of people will just stop playing after reset.
    edited June 2013
    Servers up again. =p
  • capnrogerscapnrogers Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    3 day bans though and most likely the ill-gotten gains transferred to another account and then another account to launder the goods. In 3 days they will be back, looking for more exploits and the economy takes another tumle toward irrevocable destruction without a server wipe.

Basically the devs are saying its ok to exploit, go ahead, make your money and take a 3 day vacation, those exploits wil get you a ton more AD than you can earn normally in 3 days. So cryptic's advice seems to be - go ahead, abuse it as much as you can, we wont do anything.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So basicly , whoever exploited this fusing glitch is way ahead without any consiquences and the rest of the population ( legit players ) can pretty much gtfo . Great job .
  • shadowycanshadowycan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "...a build that incorporates a ton of improvements to the various systems in Neverwinter."

*2 minor fixes and 1 exploit removal*

wut

It was an unexpected hotfix. o:
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So much for the hope that this was the class balance patch.

I guess it's back to doing T2 on my rogue, since it's one of the three viable end-game classes.

Kind of odd for an MMO to release with only three classes, but I hear they're thinking of adding more soon(tm)!
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    omg i cant even handle all these changes. seriously?

not impressed. meaning my money stays in my wallet and my time will be spent on arma 3, coh2, tera, and other games. be back next week to see if you guys got it together and made any important patches
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • bankywanky2bankywanky2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    So basicly , whoever exploited this fusing glitch is way ahead without any consiquences and the rest of the population ( legit players ) can pretty much gtfo . Great job .

The "rest of the population" was able to sell their shards for inflated prices, and buy lesser/normal/greaters for less than they usually cost. Yes, they're completely at a disadvantage now.

It's sad how people are complaining about "irrevocable" damage to the economy. Sure, the AD dupe glitch was, but this is far from it. People are just crying for wipes now so they can try and dominate the economy.
  • apocryphaaapocryphaa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Aha great work guys, keep it up i love you're game ;)
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What about the AD from the gateway? Or should I say lack of?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • ghodzixanghodzixan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i thought this was the Major update
  • aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still no meaningful fixes.

This is sad.

I can't wait for TESO.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • uristqwertyuristqwerty Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    TESO will, like just about every single other multiplayer game that has existed so far, have its own share of bugs.

Also, consider this: Neverwinter could have remained in closed beta for an extra three months, and they would have found and fixed many of the bugs. However, you wouldn't have been able to play at all, rather than being able to play for that time, with an initially buggier game.

Also useful, the more people are playing something, the more likely it is that someone finds a certain bug or exploit. So having a much larger number of players helps ensure that more than just the obvious bugs are discovered fairly quickly.
  • fenixx87fenixx87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So question regarding The Hrimnir Item Set can someone confirm that you can double up on the rings or not, or is it now a drop. Need to know before I dropped some AD on the AH or go into a dungeon.

*edit*

Nevermind
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Really, people, read before you complain. There was an announcement today that the big, class-balancing, bug-squashing patch is coming soon. This small patch comes from an unscheduled manteinance to fix the exploit some pathetic lifeless jerks were abusing.

I'm getting sick of whiners. If you don't like the state of the game as it is nowadays, please uninstall, live happy and if you want, try again in a few months.
This discussion has been closed.