Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.45

Comments

• wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aladnis wrote: »
    Still no meaningful fixes.

This is sad.

I can't wait for TESO.

I'm not sure how fixing an exploit isn't meaningful, I also have no idea what you were expecting given that this was a hotfix and it was clearly stated that it was an emergency maintenance, not anything planned. I would have been more pissed if they released a bunch of other stuff and completely overlooked the exploits.

For everyone saying all they got is 3 day ban and no other punishment...ya know, if they have the accounts to ban in the first place, then I can't imagine they would just go, "Oh, look at this account we were able to identify as belonging to an exploiter, lets let them keep their exploited items, but ban them for three days." I feel like it goes without saying that if anyone was caught exploiting they would lose the exploited items/gains on top of the ban.

As for economy comments, eh, I think this time it sounds like it was the non exploiters who got off lucky, if I'm understanding the glitch correctly. Players got to buy enhancements and runes for much cheaper, and presumably they will get to keep any of the items purchased because there would be a clear record that these players had to purchase the items as opposed to using the exploit to make them, while logically anyone who sold the exploited items will have their funds removed.

I'm also fairly confident this was a newer glitch, as I hadn't heard anything about it when I played the previous evening, and there hasn't been a sign of the AH being flooded with glitched items. I've been primarily selling my own enhancements from lockboxes, logically if there were glitchers before then I would have been undersold, unless they were just making them solely for their own use but *shrugs* Either way, I think this was handled way better then the previous glitch.
  • vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    cant fix my F*ckin GF block, Cant buff GWF, Cant nerf Rogues, but OH HELL ITS EFFECTING OUR ZEN INCOME! and its EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE...they seem to get on that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fast...for this reason alone i will not spend any real money on this game that could have been awesome but has been made Craptastic thanks to PWE! PWE...They ruin everything
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • kreendarkreendar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The auction house patch is nice, thank you; However, how about not showing expired auctions at all? How about more filters and search criteria? Even just an option to show/hide auctions without a buyout value would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure there are higher priority fixes/additions in progress, but I avoid the auction house mostly because of the limited filtering, and also that sorting does not seem to work at all.
  • pallarintepallarinte Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This game is not competetive, in the sense that exploiters don't get punished enough.
    It will never be, in the sense that it will never be wiped, and it's pretty much just for scrubs and people that just play for fun now.
    Not that it's a bad thing, just ruins it for a lot, a lot of people.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really, people, read before you complain. There was an announcement today that the big, class-balancing, bug-squashing patch is coming soon. This small patch comes from an unscheduled manteinance to fix the exploit some pathetic lifeless jerks were abusing.

I'm getting sick of whiners. If you don't like the state of the game as it is nowadays, please uninstall, live happy and if you want, try again in a few months.

+10000000000000000000000000000
  • piccillopiccillo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    great job morons...now after today's patch i have server lag sooo bad i can't even play the game...idiots
  • armadregonarmadregon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game didn't freeze before this patch, now it freezes everytime I play and it continues to kill me cause it freezes in combat. PLEASE FIX
  • shidoshixefenshidoshixefen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    waiting all this time for a patch, and this is it? GG try fixing the game????
  • xxroyalxxtrickxxxxroyalxxtrickxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, great, I can now complete the Hrimnir set... OH WAIT!!! Now I only need 1 Glacial Ring of Hrimnir instead of 2! I'm so glad I bought that 2nd one for 66,000 AD on the auction house thinking I could f***ing use it as originally advertised!

***EDIT***

Still p***ed....
  • xxroyalxxtrickxxxxroyalxxtrickxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    first off it's open beta. Second, anyone spending real money on an open beta game for zen is wasting money. Third. Servre wipes and rollback should be a frequent thing since it's open beta. Last, people complaining the people have tons of this or tons of that already should stop since when the game goes live all that **** will be gone and everyone will start from level 1 with nothing save for things the get for helping kickstart the game.

wrong!!.....
  • zaknafiend87zaknafiend87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So is the coming major patch also gonna fix this Ninja roll on everything......basically impossible to run dungeons with que or even pug them without someone just taking gear they obviously can't use either for a guild mate or to sell in AH. As far as nerfing rouges goes.....i don't seem to understand? They don't dominate PvP, there will always be a class that if specced properly will do the most dmg....so if it's PvE people are talking about i don't understand. My friend plays a CW and is on average top Dps in dungeon runs. I play a gf and Tr and have never had this block problem i keep reading about, and i don't see why my TR would be nerfed. Yea, they do ridiculous dmg if you properly enchant and have the right gear, but ummmm isn't that the point? And i have had what i guess is called rubberbanding....assuming that's the deal where people can make you dc in dungeons or pvp. Also, i'd like to see group vote kicks in pvp and pve....too many times have i gotten kicked near end due being in top 3 which is how you get random gear and top glory. Only been kicked once due to party lead saying i wasn't geared enough to be running, which is irritating cause they didn't even give a chance to show that i can play my character well and contribute so that i CAN get better gear Either way, great hotfix devs and i can't wait for the patch notes on major patch. Hope to see a lot of these aforementioned problems fixed
  • vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vidfinnx wrote: »
    cant fix my F*ckin GF block, Cant buff GWF, Cant nerf Rogues, but OH HELL ITS EFFECTING OUR ZEN INCOME! and its EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE...they seem to get on that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fast...for this reason alone i will not spend any real money on this game that could have been awesome but has been made Craptastic thanks to PWE! PWE...They ruin everything

You mean can not fix the exploit crit build of GF's that allow them to one hit TR's? Nerf TR so they get one shotted by CW's faster? They hit you with two Rays of enfeeblement then Ice Knife bye bye TR. So they gonna nerf us with some more resistance so we do not get one shotted?

If any CW ever complains about a TR they are garbage. No reason a CW should even let a TR even get close.

If Any GF Ever complains respect into the crit build that allows you to pretty much one shot a TR. Actually kinda funny. You are like ohh a tank should be easy pickings has no burst CHARGE then you plummet to the ground like a rotten sack of turnips. Then you are sitting there looking at your combat logs like WTF!!!

I have had some good luck but feels more like a roll of the dice on killing GWF's and Clerics. GWF's is mostly a roll of the dice. Cause if they are good they keep me stun locked and run away while there cooldowns are coming off. This is luck as if I hit my cooldowns first he is toast.

I know I can use stealth better and spec into stealth talents to go pretty much perma stealth but I specced for burst and when everything is lined I can one shot anyone pretty much. Yet I can be one shotted too. So before you even spew nonsense about how OP one class is over another at least play it to end game.

BTW I have played GWF to end game. LOVE EM in PVP. You can pretty much keep people locked up permanently. Meaning instant win. You might not be able to one shot anyone but they can not hit you if they are stunned ;)

Just some food for thought. The classes are fine. Maybe a slight buff to GWF single target damage would be helpful to keep pressure on in PVP but not necessary. I can live or die without it. Whenever I play GWF I am usually on the top 1-3 in the BG 8 out of 10 times. Even if our team loses.
  • jackkkkkkkkkkkjackkkkkkkkkkk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cant even go from one map to another with out being kicked out of the game and takes forever to login now cant even play all was fine befor this patch
  • aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    I have a serious question here, not trolling or anything, but how many of your dev team are working on neverwinter ? Because at time it feels it is a very very small team. I mean , the patch note are very small and nothing major is shown. It looks more like the patch of something on which minor problem are touched.

Are you preparing a big patch and only putting small stuff in week patch ? Is it because you want to make a big "bang" at the release somewheer in the next weeks ? (I cross my finger for the last one).

Inquiring minds would like to know.
  • chevers123chevers123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    admin can u help me? I what to buy zen .. this what came up " I cannot process you payment this time" its says but last night I buy 500 zen and its good
  • zerkreaper33zerkreaper33 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with your first part, queue up with pugs and their just gonna roll need on the final item (when they dont plan to equip it). Happen to a guildie, he quit the game cuz it was a t2 hat which he spent all week grinding for.
  • kultyzkultyz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We've got some great news for you! While we've been working hard to address the majority of critical bugs and exploits, we've also been working on some fun stuff based on your feedback! Throughout Open Beta, we've been listening very closely to your feedback and hope to have some updates going live very soon.

At this very moment we are putting the final touches on a build that incorporates a ton of improvements to the various systems in Neverwinter. Thanks to all the helpful feedback we've received from our community, we've got updates coming for PVP, the Queue System, the Auction House, Gateway, the user interface, and game performance. Additionally, we've got tons of fixes coming regarding quests, Dungeon Delves, and rewards.

That's not all! Every class will see big changes in regards to their mechanics. Aside from fixing many of the bugs associated with class powers, we've done a considerable amount of rebalancing across the board. Expect a high volume of changes to damage, mitigation, cooldowns, stacking, power synergies, durations, and knockbacks, interrupts, threat, bonuses, and pretty much everything else!

But, we're not there yet! After we deploy this patch, we'll still need to collect feedback to ensure that we've met our goals and performed the updates that our players have asked for the most. Once the Patch Notes go live, feel free to comment on the thread to let us know your thoughts!

Thanks again so much for your helpful feedback. We'll see you in Neverwinter! :)

~The Neverwinter Team

Is this patch the b"big one" cause this patch as posted after this message...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Neverwinter books
  • gumakk555gumakk555 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First-noone from cryptic read this. Second- its normal they gona fix useless things and put a lot of time to make new things into zen shop...its normal. This game dont fight again exploiters. And yes many ppl got milions of AD by exploit---who cares economy in this game was destroyed by first AH shutdown. Deal with it this game die as all Cryptic games. they are simply greedy and mean to ppl which buy theyre game. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Happens.
  • elarti1985elarti1985 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a question, I'm new at this...
    When I try to start a game it says Patcher error, the file was locked that could not be open for writing.
    I didn't do anything so... any help would be appreciated.
  • elmihnito666elmihnito666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Chillax brahs and just play the game ..
  • nkmolnkmol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Auction House
    • The Bid and Buyout buttons are now greyed out when an auction has expired.

This is a little detail added to the game. For me these details are very important and good to see the Devs are also looking for improvements to let the game play a little bit smoother :)
    Items
    • The Hrimnir Item set can now be completed.

I honestly didn't expected this fix O.o You have proven that you listen to your players :D
    Fusion
    • Items will now be correctly consumed during fusion.

Finally this one is also fixed! :)

Love the updates and can't wait for Module 1.
    Keep the good work up,
    Nkmol
  • daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elarti1985 wrote: »
    I have a question, I'm new at this...
    When I try to start a game it says Patcher error, the file was locked that could not be open for writing.
    I didn't do anything so... any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried running the patcher in Administrator mode?
    edited June 2013
    In risk of sounding stupid...but.. how do you do that?
  • likkallikkal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elarti1985 wrote: »
    In risk of sounding stupid...but.. how do you do that?

Right click on the .exe file then select run as administrator.
    edited June 2013
    Nope, doesn't work. Same thing happens.
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    When will they fix ability scores?:(
    SIGNATURE
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kultyz wrote: »
    Is this patch the b"big one" cause this patch as posted after this message...

No, this is an emergency patch, we'll most likely have 2-3 days notice for the big patch.
  • iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nkmol wrote: »
    This is a little detail added to the game. For me these details are very important and good to see the Devs are also looking for improvements to let the game play a little bit smoother :)

I honestly didn't expected this fix O.o You have proven that you listen to your players :D

Finally this one is also fixed! :)

Love the updates and can't wait for Module 1.
    Keep the good work up,
    Nkmol

Two of the things patched here were related to exploits 1st & 3rd...

And already there is a new GF power exploit :/, hopefully that will be patched soon too. little detail ???? But, yeah can't wait for next big update.
  • aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TESO will, like just about every single other multiplayer game that has existed so far, have its own share of bugs.
    Of course it will. But I am more hoping for a company that will fix game breaking bugs like borked cleric aggro, guardian fighter aggro and ridiculous multiple uses of powers with a long cooldown, a need to build power to use, or both, that people are exploiting right now in PvP.
    Also, consider this: Neverwinter could have remained in closed beta for an extra three months, and they would have found and fixed many of the bugs. However, you wouldn't have been able to play at all, rather than being able to play for that time, with an initially buggier game.
    I'd rather not be able to play "at all" than to now be playing with the broken class I sadly chose. I'd rather not re-roll as I pretty much like the class with the exception of taking 100% of the aggro of everything in a dungeon every single time I play, no matter what I do, which skills are loaded or which I even use. I often get aggro at the beginning of fights before I've had a chance to cast a single spell.

That is game breaking.
    Also useful, the more people are playing something, the more likely it is that someone finds a certain bug or exploit. So having a much larger number of players helps ensure that more than just the obvious bugs are discovered fairly quickly.
    All of the bugs I have issue with have been ongoing since closed beta. They have been found and we have been told that there are no immediate plans to address the issues [with cleric aggro] at this time.

So a game breaking bug, which does nothing but frustrate loads and loads of other clerics, isn't important enough to fix. However, there have been numerous fixes for their cash flow items and the AH. Both of which are important, I agree, but if the game is barely playable for certain play styles then the game is just broken.

Every cleric, almost a literal statement, has expressed concern for the current state of the class in PvE encounters in tier 1 and 2 dungeons. We have a skill which reduces our threat, but it is a waste of points to take it right now as it does NOTHING. Then couple that with another skill that reduces our own heals on ourselves by 40%!

Honestly, poor design. Dungeon boss fights are nothing more than an add-fest in which the cleric has to suffer because solo play is the main drive behind it all until you reach 60. Most people solo and have no idea how to work with other classes now. So I not only get aggro and die a lot due to poorly designed and unimaginative encounters, but I also get to see groups with a cleric (me), 3 rogues and a GWF. Really? Then add in all of the unknowns like people not understanding you need to stand in my blue circles in order to be healed and them not listening even a little to that advice, and you get lots of good clerics being called bads due to no fault of their own. We try to teach groups how to be healed, but they refuse to listen 80% of the time.

I appreciate your feedback and your counters, but there is just too much broken right now which has all been broken for a very long time. It's getting old that it is not being fixed.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    'Heal Aggro' existed (and still does) in Champions Online. The thing is in so deep and so hard coded in the Cryptic engine that they can't even dig it out....
    Why you think player controlled chat muting still exists....
    ;)
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.