test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Interactive Poll: The Top 20 Fixes You'd Make to Neverwinter!

Comments

• Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    1. GF aggro and blocking
    2. GWF weapon damage (too low for me, it is 2 hand sword)
    3. allow multiple companions
    4. fix party kick -> party kick vote OR disable at boss battle
    5. fix Need/Greed/Pass -> lock roll by class OR random the button
    6. 1 respec token at 30
    7. companion upgrade tome
    8. companion visual editor
    9. raid-like dungeon/skirmish model -> allow more than 5 players
    10. extra city for next level content -> waterdeep, baldur's gate, etc
  • Options
    prometheusenprometheusen Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013

1. Fix threat balancing--give Guardian Fighters a makeover to make them genuine tanks... more damage mitigation, inherent AoE threat aura that is passively on at all times (additional threat feats/skills make a likely thing a sure thing).

2. Improve queue system: make it more intelligent, or at least provide the opportunity to replace people mid-dungeon.

3. Reduce PvP loss rewards, reduce Tower capture points, increase kills/assists points.

4. Give classes across the board a serious review on skills and feats, review the most commonly used skills and feats as well as the most neglected. Balance appropriately, encouraging build variety. Or perhaps more importantly, change certain dynamics to improve specified competencies (making it possible to manage a dungeon without the necessity of a particular line-up of classes or more importantly, the necessity of one class).

5. More Paragon Paths, more feat variety, more skill variety.

6. Introduce more quests, edgier stories, darker or more mature themed in particular.

7. Rethink Foundry event rewards, instead of XP bonus, make it a silver/gold reward, or maybe a random enhancement.

8. Revamp XP's purpose post level 60. Reinvent XP's worth, be it towards alternative builds, some form of monetization (every so much XP, get an astral diamond), something...

9. Less adds... less adds... less adds... for crying out loud, at least ONE dungeon that has a boss that doesn't rely on addsageddon to manufacture a false sense of challenge! Redesign bosses to have unique dynamics beyond "avoid the red spot," design bosses to be more thematic in attack structures and defenses. Provide specific skillsets higher purposes in these battles (ie: frost giants = especially susceptible and responsive to fire based attacks).

10. Some love for Great Weapon Fighters... repurpose/redesign certain skills (like charge, come and get it, etc) and make the catalog more appealing, maybe more AoE damage.

11. Change how crowd control works on players to diversify PvP dynamics. Maybe something like temporary immunity or high resistance to a certain CC after it's been used on a player-- or markedly reduced efficacy on all CC.

12. Annihilation matches, in addition to Capture the Tower. No towers, just player vs player action where kills, assists, and staying alive as long as you can manage is what counts.

13. Some form of deliberate targeting (mostly for the sake of Clerics) to facilitate target specific healing (ie: F1-F5 picks a specific player on the team that then is locked on and receives the focus of say Soothing Light or Healing Word).

14. Vanity options. Instead of "Social wear," a whole separate set of armor that is purely vanity, making piece-by-piece look like something that is not currently worn.

15. Professions overhaul... change the growth rate to better keep pace with the leveling of the character, put another way, improve the earlier XP rewards to accelerate progression. Also, improve the craftable items, to where they're more viable for player use.

16. Knock out a tier of enhancements (mostly for the sake of inventory, let rank 2 be rank 1).

17. Improve companion AI.

18. Make currency transfer (among alts) possible.

19. More gear options, specifically sets of smaller numbers. Instead of all sets being 4-pieces, have 2-piece sets, or 3 piece-sets or even 5-piece sets. Spice things up with higher loot variety.

20. A class that handles dual-wielding melee... barbarian style, none of that prissy duelist/rogue dancing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

• Options
    iy0tiy0t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Normally my polls are filled with well researched/thought provoking questions. This time, I'd like the community to make the poll.

Time for those of us that are planning to be around here for awhile to roll up our sleeves, and make a better Neverwinter for the lot of us.

I'd like everyone to put their Role Playing hats on and imagine you are a Cryptic Neverwinter developer. Your challenge?

You have been given the green light to fix (or add) anything you'd like to work on in the game, but you only have 74 days to get it ready for a major patch on August 16th.

Make a list of the top things you'd fix or add in Neverwinter if you were tasked with such a radically cool responsibility!

1. Fix in game voice chat.
    2. Make the server merger happen.
    3. Fix the dungeon queue system.
    4. Improve boss mechanics.
    5. Less Adds.
    6. Add guild housing
    7. Add collaboration tools to Foundry.
    8. Add a trade channel, freeing up general/zone chat
    9. Nerf xp granted by 75% across the board, thereby allowing more play of Foundry, skirmishes, and delves while leveling. Loosen current level cap to allow more questing.
    10. Add more powers and allow a custom character creation option.
    11. Rework Need/Greed/Pass to prevent unjust looting.
    12. Fix mission pathing feature.
    13. Add ability to email gold and AD to alts
    14. Improve GF and CW aggro, GF blocking.
    15. Create a REAL LFG Looking-For-Group feature, such as in DDO.
    16. Make players auto dismount when they are near a mailbox auction, NPC or vendor. Also change to stay mounted after traveling to new zone.
    17. Enhance ignore feature in game and on forums.
    18. Retool companions with better AI, more customization options, including adding inventory space.
    19. More Monster/NPC types
    20. Make deities mean something.. create deity themed cloaks

* Don't be afraid to list something someone else has already mentioned. The more "votes" something gets, the higher up on the Top 20 it goes! Also if you don't see it on the list already, mention it, it might just bump something off the list!

** My promise to the community is a simple one. I'll make sure the results of our poll get to the powers that be. So keep it clean, keep it positive, and let's get something done, together!

Hows the class balnce thts the main issue right now so a lot people quiting so GWF stay garbage
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1) Improve tooltips for all powers to clearly define how the power works and exactly what it is doing
    2) Improve GWF's role in the party dynamic so having two GWFS in a group is just as appealing as two of any other class.
    3) treat GWF's as a striker class give them improved single target DPS (Increasing the damage of sure strike and all single target dailies and encounters.
    4)Treat them as a tank character that protects and buffs the party and not just themselves. Give daring shout a party buff effect. Give Come and get it a Taunt, Battle Fury change to a Party offensive buff not just a self buff. Make sure that the GWFs "Striker" powers and "Tank" powers are kept separate so we don't have super damage tanks let them do one or the other like Clerics who can equip healing powers or damage powers.
    5) Improve or replace GWFs useless powers such as Spinning Strike, Restoring Strike (mostly the heal effect of this power needs to be upped)
    6) GF Block power to function as the best "Shift" defense power in the game right now it is rivaling Sprint for worst with the new block glitch
    7) Improve or Replace GF Tab ability, The mark aspect is just not used past level 35 when you get Threating rush. The Tab power needs to be as cool and as useful as other classes. This could be a Tab power that makes your guard meter unbreakable for a small duration, thus fixing some of the problems with block.
    8) Improve GF buff Powers, Into the Fray, Iron Warrior and Knights Valor. These need to be as wanted in a party as a clerics Astral shield is. GFs really need to have a strong group dynamic If they are not going to be a class that tanks everything.
    9) Rogues need a small amount of AoE damage to compete with cleric and wizard damage dealt in dungeons. I'm not a rogue player but I am understanding that Wizards and Clerics should not be out damaging them end game since all rogues do is damage and wizards and clerics bring a lot more to the table than just damage.
    10) Astral Shield should not stack with itself, think that when you have 2 clerics in the group they have other powers to use together.
    11) Class Balance, Class Balance, Class Balance. perfect the 5 base classes before you even think of adding in any new classes or paragon paths. No class should have to face being kicked from a party just for being an undesirable class. The ideal group should be one of every class with the option of 2 of any one class still having some benefits.
    12) I want to see a Chmapions Online type "Tailor" In the game where can freely go and edit your equipment pieces and See the full result of your costume before purchasing in the cost of Zen or Astral diamonds as already established in the game. Make common models always available to swap in but allow you to trade in special gear like "Avalanche Gauntlets" to the tailor to add to a "costume unlock" type system as in Champions online. Once you do it for one piece of gear you should unlock it under all accounts. But you still must pay AD per equipment piece you want to change.
    13) Allow characters to model swap gear of any class. Let clerics where fullplate, or GWFs to wear rogue armor.
    14) Reduce AD cost of disenchanting items, and model swapping gear. It is far to high for anyone to consider doing, by level 60 You should have enough AD to model swap one entire set of gear not just 2 or 3 pieces.
    15) Double HP of all participants in PvP. The one shotting has got to stop, make PvP more interesting with longer fights.
    16) Improve Foundry Menus, it is very annoying that you need to look up online tutorials just to use this system properly.
    17) Allow us to customize our comapions to the same degree as characters and gear. I don't want my Elf character to have a drow wizard following him it's not right. Let me have other options if I want a Wizard to follow him.
    18) Add unlimited use dyes to the zen store
    19) Allow mount customization, Colors of barding
    20) Improve communication with forum issues. Inform us what you are currently working on to improve. Don't be afraid to have "test" improvements for class balance to be made just to see how the player base will respond to them. We want to know you are actually making improvements and trying to find the best way to make the game more fun. And not just seemingly ignoring us and then just giving us whatever you think is best whether we like it or not because that is exactly how it feels right now.
  • Options
    shikamaranashikamarana Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please make the targeting system better. I don't like holding down ctrl down to lock-on and would love if this was able to be mapped to some other key selectable in the keybinds options, and also able to be a toggle instead of a held key. I hate wasting my big single-target hits on weak minions who have less health than the damage I can do. It gets to beway too much of a cluster...badwordhere sometimes. And for cleric heals, too. It should be easier to heal who you want to heal in crowded pvp brawls lol. Oh, and the camera when you lock-on to things is kinda bad, imo. Thanks
  • Options
    xheverxhever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Improve GF aggro *Seriously this is the biggest problem for me, and GF blocking.
    2. Add ability to email gold and AD to alts
    3. Add more skin for the equipment, *Especially for GF, all their equipment / armors looks horrible

That's all for me since im only playing GF.. Pls fix it soon :)
    thanks
  • Options
    talmaran1024talmaran1024 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Fix pvp to remove afkers and to allow new players to come in even if the match as already started for 5 min
    2. Same goes for dungeons as stated above.
    3. Fix trash mobs in dungeons give them a epic loot in th loot table (could be verry small chance but still a chance)
    3. Fix the gold drops in dungeon so we can actually afford to run them ( i am getting broke playing with bad groups)
    Now for 3 plz understand we all sucked the first rounds of epic instance's we did until we understood what we needed to do so only going with experienced people is not the solution because how would new players learn it.
    4. Give the bosses some actual dynamics trowing in more adds is just lazy.
    5. Make descend end-game content. (we all know or at least me that mmo's are suppose to be end-game rich to keep people playing)
    6. Remove the kick from party after a boss fight for at least the time for the roll to end ( you might want to kick a ninja but u can not let the ninja kick the entire party after a boss fight but before the loot got distributed)
    7. some economic tweaks better ad rewards or gain so u can actually reach the cap. lowering the cost of removing enchants)
    8. change the re spec costs ( u can do this on several ways)
    some of the ways that where on other threads are
    For 7 coins from praying or maybe a little more
    drake seals 200 seals gets u a respec.
    9. bags get a vendor who sells 12 slot bags for ad relatively cheap or even 10 slots. those who want bigger can still go to the zen store.
    10. all dungeon loot should show stats in the roll screen i don't care that afterwards u still need a scroll to identify them but let us know what drops so people can actually decide to roll need if its better or greed if its worse.
    11. Fix exploits faster and plz re read the beta testers tickets from before the head start because apparently a lot of exploits where already reported before the no wipe date was implemented.
    12.FIX the support page so i can actually use it since i get redirect every time and i tried all of the suggestions provided (clear cookies etc) all 3 pc i have got the same problem
    13. Get a zone trade channel and while u are at it a lfg channel aswell
    (No i don't join a custom channel for that it should be a official channel or i will use enclave chat since that is what it is then for)
    14. I want to do some of the skirmishes that i mist make a epic version off all of them like the dungeons.
    15. thread balance
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.
  • Options
    ulyxosulyxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    All the proposal so far are much too down to earth in my eyes ... i see a 74 day deadline as something giving ample time to develop new features.

1. Permit foundry creators to design/create competitive PVP/PVE maps / mini games. One of the downside of the foundry is that the quests have little replay value. Competitive content on the other end would produce new way to fill the dailies without being a chore. You could queue into them as you do for PVP.

2. Add new paragon paths to existing classes as well as new classes.

3. Create more quests with political/religious implications for the players... We want intrigues. Some kind of faction standing might be nice for both foundry creators and content progression.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More costumes and make them account bound.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1. Fix the dungeon queue system. (This wouldt not be necessary should a template like ddo LFG is in place(
    2. Improve boss mechanics. Add less predictable attack patterns
    3. Add a trade channel, freeing up general/zone chat
    4. Rework Need/Greed/Pass to prevent unjust looting.( Instanced loot like ddo, make loot either Boc on pick up or instead of the boss dropping loot like diablo, just put a chest in which all the party can loot and trade/pass if they wanted to.)
    5. Create a REAL LFG Looking-For-Group feature, such as in DDO. ( YES!! OMG!! WE NEED THIS SOO BAD!!!, it would remove chat spam LFG by 100% because people will be sent to the grouping page instead of spaming)
    6. Enhance ignore feature in game and on forums.( It would be helpful if it also works on the TBD LFG page so it autodecline people i have ignored to hitting my lfm, i dont know about forums tho, i havent blocked anybody yet).
    7. Retool companions with better AI, more customization options, including adding inventory space.(Better pet ai, so i can tell my pet which target to attack rather than assist my current target, my mainly need is much better ai, inv or customization are not priority)
    8. More Monster/NPC types. (Right now enemy model is the same in all zones, like deathpledged looks the same on all areas, they should get different clothing based on the faction they are helping, or just add like different heads, hair, clothing to the same mobs, to add variety).
    9. ADD the ability to use gold on AH.
    10. If posible add a banker to each area or allow us to have a teleport spell to the enclave with cooldown but please dont give us a spell with 6 hour cooldown or something.
    12. Improve the targeting system, i play CW and with the amount of adds on bosses fight its very difficulty to either zero in on boss or a specific add since reticule swap at will.
    13. Rework the cost of removing enchants from items, the prices for removing enchants are absurd.
    14. Make mounts sound owner specific, horse sound or the mount from the mindflayers are extremely annoying when people spam its sound just to bother.
    15. Allow some epic dungeons to work as daily dungeon for lv 60s, right now only one dungeon count as one.
    16. Fix dungeon re spawn on DC, it is incredibly annoying having to run from the start of dungeon to the party, at least make us spawn at the nearest camp.
    17. Remove the ability to kick from party while on mid dungeon.
    18. Improve gold seller block mechanics, they still manage to spam at least 10 lines b4 getting chat muted. Put a cap same as that u need to be lv 15 to whisper, people below lv 15 cant post more than one line a minute.
  • Options
    atron74atron74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not arranged in any order.
    1.) The CW can't stop casting to block or dodge, can this be changed?
    2.) Guild and/or player housing, definitely.
    3.) MUCH more customisation. More classes, races, different looking armour, more facial and character models, etc. Hopefully the same amount of customisation of characters that actual D&D offers, at least in the area of races and classes offered.
    4.) Make alignment choices an actual thing that would impact gameplay and the story.
    5.) More paragon choices.
    6.) Perhaps a more open world? At least more areas.
    7.) Fix achievements to list ALL possible achievements, if the Slayer achievements are meant to be secret, at least add them in after they've been achieved.
    8.) Make dungeons accessible to all levels, but with recommended levels and/or party size for players.
    9.) More foundry tools and general control over the environment.
    10.) Merge the shards.
    11.) More companions and/or mounts, perhaps as quest rewards or rare drops?
    12.) Seriously, more customisation for characters, companions, and mounts; armour, skins, powers, maybe even custom races and classes, but at least add the ones in regular D&D.
    13.) More ability for character development; more deities, more available backstories, etc.
    14.) Leaderboards of things like guild ranking, player ranking, enemies killed, etc.
    15.) Add faction scores and some sort of favouring mechanic, helping one faction puts you in a higher stance with them, and lower with another, don't force everyone to fight alongside Neverwinter, let them be an Ashmadai cultist if they want.
    16.) Give NPCs more engaging and interactive dialogue, like commenting on the above.
    17.) This goes along with faction stance and races: adding the ability to make a diabolic pact, or become undead.
    18.) Better bosses, with less adds and a better AI.
    19.) Make the looting system better for those who genuinely need the loot.
    20.) Add specific areas or channels for roleplay, it's hard to do it in regular channels and/or places.
    Thanks, I really hope to see this happen!
  • Options
    govanatorukgovanatoruk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I certainly don't think that XP needs a 75% nerf, perhaps it needs taking down by a third so that the levelling curve is far more smooth than it is now, but at 75% it will penalise the most casual players, and balance must be maintained.

And on class diversity, I wonder if the game would have been served better having four base classes, with you choosing things like "trickster rogue" or "divine cleric" as specialisations at level 20, and then your paragon path at level 40 to give the maximum level of customisation, but also allowing new specialisations like "scourge warlock" or "archer ranger" to be slotted in as they become available.

Item preview is something else I've seen getting highlighted since I did my list, and I also would love to see this.
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Normally my polls are filled with well researched/thought provoking questions. This time, I'd like the community to make the poll.

Time for those of us that are planning to be around here for awhile to roll up our sleeves, and make a better Neverwinter for the lot of us.

I'd like everyone to put their Role Playing hats on and imagine you are a Cryptic Neverwinter developer. Your challenge?

You have been given the green light to fix (or add) anything you'd like to work on in the game, but you only have 74 days to get it ready for a major patch on August 16th.

Make a list of the top things you'd fix or add in Neverwinter if you were tasked with such a radically cool responsibility!

1. Fix in game voice chat.
    5. Less Adds.
    6. Add guild housing
    7. Add collaboration tools to Foundry.
    9. Nerf xp granted by 75% across the board, thereby allowing more play of Foundry, skirmishes, and delves while leveling. Loosen current level cap to allow more questing.
    12. Fix mission pathing feature.
    16. Make players auto dismount when they are near a mailbox auction, NPC or vendor. Also change to stay mounted after traveling to new zone.
    18. Retool companions with better AI, more customization options, including adding inventory space.
    20. Make deities mean something.. create deity themed cloaks

* Don't be afraid to list something someone else has already mentioned. The more "votes" something gets, the higher up on the Top 20 it goes! Also if you don't see it on the list already, mention it, it might just bump something off the list!

** My promise to the community is a simple one. I'll make sure the results of our poll get to the powers that be. So keep it clean, keep it positive, and let's get something done, together!

5. Less Adds.

• Options
    whemelwhemel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. More emotes. Accessible list of emotes.
    3. Increase population cap in Foundry so guilds and RPers can have their own events in a setting of their making.
    4. Users have found a way around it, but an 'official' Walk key.
    5. More guild customisability. Insignia, capes, visible ranks.
    6. Add guild housing. See 3.
    7. Add collaboration tools to Foundry. Two heads are better than etc etc.
    8. Add a trade channel, freeing up general/zone chat. Would really reduce text clutter. Less daunting to new players.
    9. Cut Exp by some amount, I wouldn't say 75%. A third or a half off at worst.
    10. I wouldn't know how, but somehow, the GWF needs to be made more 'useful'.
    11. More time between NPCs repeating their one or two lines. It gets really irritating. Or maybe even give them more lines. Whatever keeps them from point 0 that bit longer.
    12. Vote to kick.
    13. Add ability to email gold and AD to alts.
    15. Deal with DC aggro. Even in the case of the Companion DC. By now I must have brought her back to her feet more times than she's kept me healed up.
    16. Stay mounted after traveling to new zone.
    18. Retool companions with better AI, more customization options, including adding inventory space. Also, the matter of levelling companions. Those tomes need bringing in soon. Solo players especially like the Cleric, but when she's stuck at lvl.15...
    19. More Monster/NPC types.
    20. More armour/weapon/fashion types. Very limited choice as it stands.
  • Options
    snake0ilsnake0il Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Fix boss glitches and cheese tactics, at this point everyone knows what they are and every group does it so I'm not going to spell it out. Fix dungeon glitching to bypass content. Some of the jumps seem somewhat legit, till you realize that GF's can't ever make them because they can't jump + slide, but then again GF's and GWF's don't ever end up in tier 2 content unless somebody likes them enough to bring them along, which leads us to...

2. GF and DC aggro and GF blocking. While you're at it get rid of that 40% self-healing debuff and perhaps slightly lower the effectiveness of stacking multiple astral shields so that single healing a dungeon isn't a potion guzzling headache and that double clerics aren't a complete cakewalk.

3. Break up (TRx2/CW/DCx2) by reworking encounters so that you actually want a GF to tank bosses and elites instead of just sticking the rogues on them. Make it so that you actually want a GWF to burn down that pile of mobs the CW gathered up.

4. Fix looting to only allow classes that can use the item to roll need as well as require a 3/5th's vote before a party leader is allowed to kick someone.

5. Add a trade and lfg channel as well as improving queues and/or use a DDO like lfg system.

6. Add ability to mail gold and AD to alts.

7. Retool companions, right now it's cat/stone or nothing and for leveling the only companion that's at least somewhat useful for every class until 60 is the cleric.

8. Improve/fix AH search features.
  • Options
    bartolomeo85bartolomeo85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here are the priorities ima and some suggestions

1. Add more powers and allow a custom character creation option.
    2. Retool companions with better AI, more customization options, including adding inventory space.
    4. More Monster/NPC types
    5. Improve boss mechanics.
    6. Improve GF and CW aggro, GF blocking.
    7. Add ability to email gold and AD to alts

SUGGESITONS
    A) Give one more alt slot and one respec token when the main reaches lvl 60
    B) More pvp maps and arena types!
    C)More classes and races
    D) World Bosses
    E) Vote to kick/add players in parties
    F) Make an app for iOS and android (at least with the gateway features and news!)
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What i want most is outlined here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?177562-Grouping-tools-in-dire-need-of-improvement

and in my sig.

It's intensely critical that a mmo allows the community to be a good community, atm we don't have a way to be good. We can only be random and terrible.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    keldinnlkeldinnl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    My top 3

1: Fix DC and GF aggro
    2: Change boss fights to interesting mechanics instead of just add spam
    3: Remove glory gain from PVP from afk'ers
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1) Fix tanks. These GF tankless epic dungeons suck and ruin the endgame.

2) Fix healers. Why does healing generate so much aggro that a GF tank and all DPS classes in the game can't pull aggro off the healer? If you really plan on forcing Control Wizards to always spec for knock back to keep mobs away from the healer, then you are gonna kill this game. You can't do that! I know what the devs are thinking. They are thinking that the "perfect" group is a GF tank, a TR melee DPS or two, a CW as DPS, a CW as knockback to protect the healer, and a DC as a cleric! Well guess what? In a MMORPG, you can't always get that perfect composition! Somedays a group of guildmates might not have a CW to come along, they will only have GWF and TR's as DPS. So what do you want them to do? CANCEL THE RUN just because they are low 1 CW? What if a CW isn't spec for knock back? What if they are spec for DPS? Then what? Seriously. You need to fix both tanks and healers. They are so broken. The holy trinity in this game doesn't even exist!

3) Loot flying across the screen when we kill a mob. I've seen blue items fly off a ledge. I've even read people say in Zone chat that they've seen epics fly off a ledge! They litterally saw a bag icon with a purple glow fly off a ledge!

4) AH search filters. I know there's a trick to work around the level range search, but it's annoying and irritating. I'm levelling a 3rd alt and I'm just so tired of always having to type the item name, click the main folder and not the subfolder to find items. I don't even check the AH anymore on my Cleric alt. I've put myself through that "trick" enough times on my CW.

5) Fix our companion pets. The starter pets need to level to 30! They are so useless around the end-game! They die too fast! Or better yet, if you really want to make money, add a better healer pet to the Zen Market! I read other people's feedback, and they all agree that the Elf Healer is terrible. She applies a puny buff that only reduces damage by 10%, and adds tons of Life Steal but if I don't gear up for Life Steal cause I'd have to sacrifice tons of DPS stats just to get it high enough, she's pretty much useless!

6) Fix our pet's AI. One of the reasons I stopped using my Cleric after around level 50 is because she suddenly become very stupid. Yes she died if she gained aggro, but if I was careful, I could keep her alive long enough to heal me a few times and save me a potion or two before she actually did aggro and die! But no. Since last week, she's been running towards groups of adds I didn't tag or aggro, and she just dies, leaving me without a healer and the pack runs straight for me!

7) Logoff to Character selection screen. Having to retype my email and password everytime I logoff is kinda annoying. Maybe if it was only my password, I wouldn't mind it that much. But you see, sometimes when I logoff, the username field will be filled with random numbers and letters!!!! Everytime I gotta erase all that text and then type my email, and finally my password! So annoying!
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Fix Guardian Fighter block (it's the core survival mechanic of the class like dodge is for others, yet it became utterly unreliable now)
    2. Make fighters more wanted for dungeons, by either reducing the effectiveness of current cookie cutter setups or changing something the fighters can bring to the group over other classes which is actually needed.
    3. Need archer/ranger type. And whatever other classes/races you guys will come up with to bring out.
    4. Fix the in game (and gateway) auction house searching. Gateway one already works much better than the in game one, but all the search choices I make should be represented in the shown items and work as intended.
    5. Dungeon loot and party options. Stop the ninja's, stop changing party leader upon entrance from the actual leader etc.
    6. Fix the broken: feats (like half the guardian feats), item set effects (like miracle healer set effect), item looks (like the rogues T2 not having graphics), encounters (like shard of eternal avalanche and its cooldown)
    7. Add more armor and equips variation/progress and add more fashion items to the zen AND normal stores/quests/achievements/unlocks.
    8. Add Raids (if you want to keep this focused on fixing, fix Gauntlygrym quest so we can complete the daily one ;)
    9. Think about diminishing returns on CC in PvP. And take a look at how to prevent AFK farmers from joining.
    10. Race change (full character re-creation service in the zen shop)
    11. Overall foundry unbugging, like making the sounds work when put in etc.
    12. Skirmishes re-playable at lvl 60 too (epic skirmishes)
    13. The companion books to increase their rarity/lvl.
    14. Look into the random disconnects that happen now and then, often not allowing to log back in after that dc.
    15. Add a new only lvl 60 zone with, daily stuff to do in it for max lvls.
    16. Drop way more lvl 60 identification scrolls (right now 90% of the people passes on green lvl 60 loot)
    17. Add a trading chat channel.
    18. Give some account wide shared bank space for easy transferring between alts.
    19. Fast log out to character select screen without having to re-type the password and without using the /gotocharacterselect where we have to wait 15sec.
    20. A fine look at all classes, the overall balance and at the very least fix all broken skills/feats/descriptions.
    21. Change GF tab to a useful or improved version of the current skill.
    22. Item look preview from Auction.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1. Fix cleric aggro (under development) remove cleric dodge replace with priest shield aura'd glow with 3 sec damage invulnerability and aggro shift. Fix GF threat mechanic.
    2. power list needs reboot, by placing early lvl powers like ray of enfeeblement a 30-40 point purchase, u have destroyed your boss aggro mechanic/manuevers/patterns (based on how cloaktower/cragmire crypt endboss played through BW1, BW2, BW3 now different based on from BW4 and now)it was used as a debuff to reduce damage prior, now they steeenk.
    3.Fix Hitbox size to help reduce damage reduction, and pot consumption.
    4. Fix graphics rendering, doing dungeons idris/wolf den, experiencing toon disappearing/enemies disappearing, while in combat.
    5.combat on monsters needs work, archers still shoot arrows while point blank, should pull out a shortsword/melee weapon ect (lotro has this)
    6.Cleric healing needs improving, one could heal a group of 6 in ddo with mana or scrolls, without any other members needing to chug pots, group aoe splats need more healing increased.
    7.companion customization needs more so that they can look different than everyone else's. Ai needs work.
    8.LotMD needs more work.
    9. Search function of this website still is godawfull.
    10. logout to toon select
    11. Someone needs to sit and run the content to fix the little flaws around at some point, spike traps showing through floors (whoops theres a trap there better not step there then), some chests not spawning loot for full party, event items caught under resources making them unattainable, nodes caught under resources making them unattainable. All in all a general tidy up at some point.
    12. make dungeon loot bind to stop ninja'ring.
    13. need more dungeon loot (no not ninja'ring, but add more loot, this will be need when new classes are introduced to game)
    14. Add large pvp area to fight over eg-echo village
  • Options
    hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    I mean, these all sound incredible and I truly hope that the development team takes these suggestions seriously, however it is highly unlikey they will even read this thread, and if you are waiting for the moderators to bring it to the devs..well...good luck with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    provo1980provo1980 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Add more end game content(quests, additional zones, possibly even an open pvp zone or something creative)
    2. Add more early and mid game group dungeons, not just 1
    3. Increase difficulty and time required to progress to 60(only after additional content is introduced)
    4. Increase difficulty of the bosses, not by increasing HP or number of adds, but with additional skills bosses use or by making the environment being a part of the fight), because as it is I can tank with my rogue with just evading.
    5. Reduce amount of AD required for changing looks of items.
    6. Introduce at least 2 more new classes at once
    7. Make a trade and LFG channel, or totally different LFG system(like ddo for instance)
    8. Introduce early/mid game set items for all classes(generaly loot needs work, options, different looks)
    9. Queuing needs a better brain. Try to make it so 3 of one class can't be in same team, and always to look for a normal group. When in queue and it brings you the option to join, would be nice to see which players are ready for that group, so you can decide in advance if you want to join or not. Level requirement to be able to queue should be removed, and something more creative introduced(skirmishes going away too fast due to too fast leveling, for instance).
    10. Make tanks more viable
    11. Bugs -polishing
    12. Punishing AFK pvpers and bots after someone reports them
    13. Faster GM in game answers/help(not only faster, but any answer would do, because as it is, no answers are coming)
    14. Item identifying past 60 is just silly. We are mostly skipping the loot, due to low bag space, but also due to that we don't want to spend AD for identifying.
    15. Fix companions AI, or give basic commands to them (agressive/defending/passive)
    16. Make powers that have influence on the team show as BUFF ICON (like rogue +crit aura)
    17. Make more open areas, with world bosses and random loot table(ability to drop low drop rate epics), because as it is after 60 there isn't too much to do on your own.
    18. Auction house search filters
    19. More inventory space
    20. MAKE AN EU SERVER! Freaking lag can be horrible. I played DDO, which is also in US, but not even close to the lag I have in neverwinter.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Impressive responses! Even better they're all on task.

Thank you all for the timely, well thought out responses -- there's some great data here.

So, time to shake up our Top 20!

(Keep em comin'!)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edun7198edun7198 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Server Merge
    2. Foundry Collaboration Tools
    3. Guild Housing
    4. Improved LFD
    5. More emotes
    6. More customization
  • Options
    cucumberduhcucumberduh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Queue system
    2. AH (filters don't seem to work properly)
    3. Make skirmishes and dungs worth the time wasted (loot from every boss is just riddiculous)
    4. PvP (AFK bots, rewards, pots should heal instantly and a little less - it's annoying to fight someone under its effect...)
    5. GF block and aggro
    6. Cleric's double threat
    7. Switchable powers bars!!!
    8. Log out option to character screen
    9. Broken silenting mechanic
    10. Vote to kick option
  • Options
    kamicase13kamicase13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1.- Server merge
    2.- there is still mule accounts with tons of ADs on them so a better clean up is required.
    3.- The aggro system does not need a massive overhauling but twiking
    4.- Adds are cool but not that many per encounter
    5.- Super duper ultra important to fix the AH serach functions, they really are not working
    6.- Wheres im my ranger! :(
    7.- The rewards on the foundry are lacking, help the foundry creators make harder but with better rewards quest lines
    8.- Player housing with a common bank for all your chars would be awesome
    9.- Make able to transfer AD and gold between chars
    10.- Make able to mail those account bound items
    11.- Harder user of the banhammer with exploiters
    12.- Sort the zones chats, trade channel and looking for group channel are really needed
    13.- Log out button to the character select without having to wait 15 secs with a /command, make it instant when you are on the P.E
    14.- Books for making our upgrade our companions
    15.- Need/greed systems, classes not able to need on items they cant use
    16.- Kicking from groups in pve or pvp should be by vote when the group is randomly made
    17.- Even thou there is no healer around, after lvl 30, don't group 5 dps in a dungeon, its a fail most of the time.
    18.- The ability to search for ppl when someone leaves at any point in the dungeon would be fantastic.
    19.- 1 big bag instead of separate ones in the ui.
    20.- Cookie for all the devs and forum moderators for having to put up with the dark whininess of some players ;)
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1. Secure the servers slightly better.
    2. Secure the servers properly.
    3. Fix the current problems allowing peoples' accounts to be remotely stolen.

Still, Cryptic are famous for their ability to warn users that sensitive information might have been stolen, or respond to tickets requesting help, right? Right?

It's deja vu all over again :

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/26/cryptic-servers-hacked-you-know-the-drill/
  • Options
    veiran2veiran2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 64
    edited June 2013
    Incoming wall of text! I've tried to stay away from things I KNOW you guys are already working on, as that seems like a waste of my ability to suggest things.. Example; the server merge, we already know it's a thing that's happening, but people keep suggesting it, which accomplishes nothing because it's already planned!

So, keeping that in mind, this is my attempt at coming up with 20 things.

1: Create additional Tiers of PvP Armour for lower levels, to make PvP a more viable alternative leveling route. Currently it isn't, if you only PvP, or even just mainly PvP, you will end up being massively under-geared.. Level 20/30/40/50/60 sets of PvP gear would be great.

2: Change all purple gear, whether from PvP, Dungeons, etc to be Bind on Pickup. Why put in the time PvPing or dungeon grinding to get better gear when you can just go buy full sets on the AH without putting any effort into the game? It's about game longevity, if you can just go get things automatically, you have no goals to keep you playing over the long term.

3: Improve the PvP/Dungeon Queue system so there can't be one tyrannical party leader, voting to kick as a group is a must. Also the ability for people to be added into the team (in the case of PvP) as the game progresses, we've all seen too many 5v2 PvP matches and the like. Simply have it pop up saying the game is in progress, so if someone doesnt want to join an in progress match they can click no and wait for the next one. There are many ways the queue system could be improved, but you get the basic idea.

4: Drastically lower the Exp/Glory rewards for losing in PvP. This alone would cure a lot of the AFKing in PvP type problems.

5: Change Zen Store companions and fashion clothing to be account-wide. I know personally I would spend -significantly- more if I felt I was getting a bit more bang for my buck with these items. As it is most people can't justify spending 30 dollars on a companion for one character, or one set of clothing for one character. It also creates problems such as I currently have, where you end up with a character you've grown tired of and would love to delete and replace with something else, but they have a companion or a clothing set, meaning if you delete them you basically just threw away money. Whereas if they were across your account as mounts currently are, you wouldn't get locked into a character that way.

6: Increase the number of fashion slots. We have gear slots for belts, boots, arms, chestpieces, rings, etc but only 3 fashion slots. If we had just as many fashion slots as we do for visible gear pieces people could come up with much more unique appearances. It would also allow you to sell full sets, but also cheaper individual pieces, like boots or pants or a ring, etc. I also think it would increase the sales of fashion clothing and dyes overall, since someone might like the boots from this set but the pants from that set and the shirt and coat from this set and the hat from this other set, etc.

7: Enable us to use the 'Change Appearance' function with non class-specific items. For example a Divine Cleric should be able to use appearances from Divine Cleric gear, but also from gear that isn't specific to any class. This would give us a lot more options, while still preventing say.. a Control Wizard from walking around in platemail.

8: Lower the EXP gains throughout the entire game by a reasonable amount. As it is you level way too fast in this game, if you want to go try some PvP, or play some Foundry, etc you end up massively over-leveled for your quest zone.

9: On the loading screen, one of the tips that float by talks about our rare chance for dyes dropping. I have never heard of this actually happening in-game, implementing that would be great.

10: One of the first quests involves getting a set of, essentially, hobo fashion clothes. Perhaps implementing that a few more times in later levels would be nice.. Again, if we had more fashion slots, it could be done in a way that doesn't give people a full set of clothes, so they still have reason to buy more.. But a pair of boots or a hat or something once in a blue moon wouldn't be terrible.

11: Give social instances (aka taverns, currently) their own.. well.. instances. The Moonstone mask has this, so it's easy for members of the RP community to go there and know they'll find people. Currently you cannot do this with any of the other great taverns in the game, making it nearly impossible for your rather robust RP community to use those areas for events or even to just randomly go in and find other roleplayers, as they could be in any of a dozen different instances.

12: Add social instances with more variety than just taverns.

13: Create some form of Personal and Guild housing that takes advantage of, but is seperate from, the great foundry system. The ability for an individual player or a guild to custom make their own places. Making this cost Gold would give a great use to a currently fairly useless currency. Rich people afford big fancy mansions, poor people afford huts, that's how housing works. If you or your guild want a big fancy place, put in the time and effort to build up the finances to pay for it, giving us yet another goal to keep us playing. Heck you could even sell building material packs in the Zen store that allow us to add a bit more without it costing gold directly or some such..

14: Account-Wide banking. Much as in Champions Online, each account could have one account-wide bank accessible from your home/base/guild hall, if you choose to build one.

15: Change Astral Coins and Tarmalune Trade Bars so they're account-wide and not character-bound. We all know there's a way to transfer AP between our own characters anyway so why not just cut out the hoop jumping. Or, at least, allow us to mail these currencies to our own alts, that might be easier to work in.

16: The ability to customize our companions, the game already has the ability to customize humanoids, so why not apply that to our companions.. I've seen far too many flexing bearded men over the past month.. Adding the ability to somehow customize non-human companions, at least to some degree, would be wonderful as well. Not only would it break up the repetition overall, but for Roleplayers it would be great.. What if my Drow doesn't want a human cleric companion, but a priestess of Lolth, with customization that could happen, even slap her in some of that Lolth armour for appearances, for example.

17: Enhance character customization overall.. Sometimes it seems like quite a challenge to make a character that doesnt essentially just look the same as every other character. We have a lot of options and sliders but not many of those options seem to make a great deal of difference in the big picture.. More hair styles, eye types, scars, tattoos (BODY tattoos, please), piercings, ear options, more horn options or teeth options for tieflings, half-orcs, etc. Being a player of Champions Online I know Cryptic can rock our socks with character customization, and while a DnD game can't have a lot of the super crazy options a superhero MMO can have, I still think they could find ways to rock our socks in this department.

18: Change the need/greed/pass system so if an item comes up that you're mechanically unable to use, it automatically takes out the option to hit need, but you can still greed or pass.

19: Change the display mounts in Protector's Enclave to accurately depict the mounts we pay money for.. Seeing this big impressive Worg by the vendors, and then buying a Worg mount only to see it's actually about half that size, is pretty blatantly false advertising.

20: More/Better emotes.. It seems to be a longstanding tradition in MMOs to leave out the basic and simple ability to sit in a chair.. Please let me sit in a chair, my legs are tired from all this adventuring.
  • Options
    darkylorddarkylord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19
    edited June 2013
    1. Fix the argo (allow the GF and DC play their real roles)
    2. Less adds, more boss mechanics.
    3. End game content that keeps your interest.
    4. Remove the dungeon delves, add more drops from boss. We should be able to do the dungeons in our own schedule, not the game's, and still be rewarded for finishing it.
    5. Vote kick for dungeons and pvp.
    6. Need aveliable only for the class that can use it.
    7. Fix cleric's righteousness.
    8. Give meaning to gods.
    9. Make alingments with a meaning.
    10. Pagon paths.
    11. Account bank (for transfering items, gold, ADs, other forms of currency, mounts, companions, assets, etc etc, between characters).
    12. If you inseast to keep the ADs as the main currency make it tradeable, we shouldn't have to use the action house for every trade, especially since it gets a cut.
    13. Improve the queue.
    14. Quest branches.
    15. Party voice system.
    16. Fix the auction house.
    17. Make sure that every class can preform its role and that the optimal party is one character from each class.
This discussion has been closed.