test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Interactive Poll: The Top 20 Fixes You'd Make to Neverwinter!

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zomd wrote: »
    This is unlikely, but I'd like them to revisit the designs of both the boss encounters (the amount and strength of adds) and layout of the existing dungeons, particularly the epic versions. The game was obviously balanced around how strong CW's control is plus what I can only imagine is a love affair with the push over ledges mechanic.
    It's really only the epic versions that benefit from stacking CWs. The normal ones generally reward balanced parties more as they don't feature the ridiculous numbers of adds and the characters aren't in pimped out gear. Trying taking 3 sub 60 CW to normal Karru and they don't fare so well. (been there, we got past the first boss before the party leader quit - we were advancing but it was not at all smooth.) My guess is that the epic versions of the normal dungeons were a rushed addition when the game changed directions during development. For the most part, the new dungeons have had much better design instead of just trying to turn everything up to eleven.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pitshade wrote: »
    For the most part, the new dungeons have had much better design instead of just trying to turn everything up to eleven.

Yeah, even if it was just new versions of the epics, I think that'd really help. It's good to hear the new dungeons are better, but judging from LFG chat the mentality still exists in groups forming for those. Plus the GS requirements people are requesting are higher, understandably, but that means we still have to deal with the old T2 to get to the new ones.

That's why I think an across the board overhaul of the epic versions of those dungeons is such a good idea. The scope and timing of that kind of a change has the opportunity to reset community perceptions. If they complimented the overhaul with an actual functioning queuing tool that put people in balanced parties, the impact on the community mindset could be even greater.

But at that point, I might as well ask for the moon. Heh. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well, if I had my way, they'd scrap the existing t1-2 dungeons and replace them with ones unrelated to the leveling dungeons. It's not going to happen, of course as even if Cryptic wanted such a thing they don't have the manpower to do it. Please don't take this as bashing, no one is overstaffed these days. I do hope eventually they will try a more positive reinforcement method to end exploits, rather than just trying to treat the symptoms with invisible walls and whatnot. I guess putting the marks in skill nodes and chests was an attempt at that, but it doesn't seem to have had entirely positive results due to player greed.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Stuff I'd like to see:

1. Fix the issue with the HR daily (Seismic shot) persisting and severely impacting performance - it's still going on even now.

2. Either add an option to allow me to zone-in to the lowest population instance of a zone, or lower the cap/disable extraneous effects so as to reduce lag.

3. Revisit all dungeons prior to Module 1, and adjust the boss fights to have more manageable numbers of adds and/or better mechanics.

4. Add to the seal vendors, and enact a policy of expanding what they have to offer as time goes on.

5. I really like how the HR pack offered an account-wide companion - offer more options like this in the Zen market.

6. Add Tiers to end-game PvP - it should be based upon gear score, (so no changing equipment once in a match), as well as your previous record.

7. Add a "Greed-only" loot mode, (with selectable loot threshold).

8. Add separate fashion and mount inventory tabs.

9. Add mailboxes to the starting area of all zones.

10. Add player housing - this could be like Champions Online's hideouts, and incorporate account storage - possibly also a place for your idle companions to hang out.

11. Add companion versions of all mounts - maybe I want my heavy warhorse to stomp out some enemies, or I want my worg to attack my foes!

12. Add some free-to-transmute items to all crafting professions.

13. Add some degree of expanded control over our companions - a general position setting, (behind, in front, and close), and a general behavior setting, (passive, defensive, aggressive).

14. Allow us to toggle the order that the colors are applied when we use dye kits.

15. Bring back the ability to dye weapons.

16. Add an ability to dye our companion's clothes (or other accessories for animal companions).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I like that list. However I've never seen the point of player housing unless it's just a vanity item? Unlike, TESV, nothing in the game allows us to actually rearrange items or anything. Extra storage is through the bank and it's Zen unlockable extra slots. What I would like a a campfire at the Coriol Street gate. There's already a mailbox there and it's the default return to PE gate. It's not that far to a vendor to sell stuff - the mount merchant. Right now I always safe off at the Shrine, but it's kind of far away from everything but a mailbox - and Knox but most of my chars hit 60 a long time ago.

The PVP doesn't mean anything to me but I don't begrudge improvements to those who enjoy it. The increased pop cap in PE since Mod2 really bugs me. They tried that before and it worked about as well as did this time. At the very least they should do away with the wait between switching instances in PE. There's nothing to loot there or whatever so I can't see how it would allow an exploit. But right now, it's faster to wait to change instances upon arrival than to go the AH and try to deal with the lag while listing items. Sometimes I can't even get to the steps going down to the AH before my char starts randomly dodging.
  • Options
    estarriollestarrioll Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A small one - please, make separate inventory for Runes and Enchantments! It could be the same as for Resources or Valuables. The thing is that Runes are always available, but we need to stack them somewhere, and it gets all over the place very fast, bank or inventory. I understand that it may force players to buy additional slots, but it's very unconvenient overall, and kinda counter-intuative.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The absolute biggest problem in this game is that the dungeons are HUGE amounts of trash mobs. That means any reasonable clear requires at least 2 CWs. If the CWs aren't really good, 3CWs.

Even though I play my CW most - this is stupid, Unless i take my CW the clear is painful and slow because you have to control SO MUCH to make a dungeon not take forever.

You could have a dungeon of all maws for all i care, but don't throw us 100 stupid plaguecharged raiders or something.

Funadmentally this design flaw impacts the game, greatly.

Also GF needs some work in PvE. I have an 18.2k GF that works great in PvE, but you shouldn't need 18.2k to work great! seriously....
  • Options
    krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    1. Change interacting to another player to anything but F. 99% of the time I want to loot something, check mail, buy from vendor, etc. not interact with the person who just ran in front of me while I was trying to do that. Shift F maybe?
    2. Change double clicking a companion to summoning it not going to the idle tab.
    3. Remove discard item from all slotted items. Having discard right beside refine is an accident waiting to happen. Not once, in any MMO I've ever played, have I ever wanted to discard an equipped item. I can take the item off first.
    4. Add item locks. Nobody likes losing an item accidently. This was less of an issue when items weren't that hard to replace. However, with artifacts people will have huge investments into leveling them up.
    5. Add ability to identify all. You can even go a step further with ability to identify all, all blue, or all green.
    6. Add ability to remove warning about selling unidentified items. (my mouse button thanks you in advance)(yes, I know you can hit enter twice after double clicking the item. Which still sucks and only works half the time)
    7. Increase the amount of items you can buy. I.E. let me buy a full stack of pots, node kits, etc. Let me trade in my 2000 Fomorian Concoctions for gold crescents at a 100 at a time. Not one at a time (yes, I know you can spam left click and the enter key at the same time and this process is faster. Which still sucks but in this case works all the time).
    8. Make looking for group channel server wide. So I can see requests made in town while doing dailies.
    9. Fix the AH sorting. I don't know what the default sort is but either make it lowest price first or simply have it remember your last sort.
    10. Increase reagent drop rate. Specifically blue and purple.
    11. Fix dungeon chests so that I can open them even when the one person in the party refuses to roll. Simple solution here is to make the items always go to the person opening it without a roll.
    12. Fix whatever happened that caused the horrible frame rates. I.E. like the outside areas of MC.
    13. Change dungeon skill nodes so all can loot. Not just the person who left combat first to go stand by the node.
    14. Change open world skill nodes to be the same. Nothing like killing the mobs around a node to turn around and see someone ninja looting it. Or my personal favorite, someone rides up and loots it while you are looting it your kit fails and they loot it out from under you.
    15. Give me something to do with my 1 million unrefined AD. Use it for refinement points maybe.
    16. Implement a greed only loot roll. This would be set by party leader when party is formed to prevent someone from needing an item during a pre-agreed greed run.
    17. Fix the broken loot rolls. Disappearing and last looted going to top.
    18. Give me something to buy with vanguard scripts. Potions etc.
    19. Let me discard useless seals wasting space on my money tab.
    20. Put mailboxes in every zone
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    krinaman wrote: »
    1. Change interacting to another player to anything but F. 99% of the time I want to loot something, check mail, buy from vendor, etc. not interact with the person who just ran in front of me while I was trying to do that. Shift F maybe?

^So much this. I can recall only a couple of times in my entire Neverwinter experience that I purposefully used this feature to target a non-downed player. Every other time its been unintentional. They really need a separate key for interacting with players.

The event fishing area show how aggravating this can be. With players sliding in front of you as you are trying to fish. But it exists in other places as well. Such as doing daily quests. And in pvp, trying to finish or save another player and wind up looking at a team mates interact menu instead.

There actually is a command that can be bound to a key that someone said would avoid targeting players: ++interact or something like that. Heard others discussing it in chat the other day. But when I tried it, it didn't have the full functionality of the regular interact. For example the regular interact is also the take all key. So when you interact with a skill node or a chest you can quickly press the same button again to grab it all and move on. I couldn't figure out a way to get this command to work the same way and still not target players. So its not really an answer, yet. While it saves frustration in some cases, it makes other things a bit more.

It does show us that the possibility is certainly there for them to do this though. If they were inclined to.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    - There has to be another way to interact with players, other than the F key. I've been stuck in Gauntlgrym because someone was standing in front of the door. This should not happen.
    - We need something to spend seals on. I don't wanna stack millions of rough AD, and I don't understand why some people do it. I get that we need a cap for how many AD we can refine per day, but this also makes salvaging pointless for some of us. Two runs of Pirate King and some Leadership are enough to reach that cap. What's there left to do with the seal?
    - Put something else in the Coffers of Wondrous Augmentation in stead of the Peridots. A weekly reward should be more then 500 RP. You can find these things in skill nodes many times in a single day, and even then they don't feel especially rewarding. At least put a Flawless Sapphire, with a small chance to get a Black Opal or something that doesn't feel like a big middle finger.
    - Remove the possibility to use Marks of Potency as RP, at least for the purple ones. Because they look so similar to the Power/Union/Stability Marks, which are less rare and people are regularly using for RP, people could accidentally use them instead, and nobody in their right mid would use something that's worth 100K AD for 750 RP intentionally.
    - Give the striker type companions the means to actually strike. I don't expect my companions to fight my battles for me, but 50 dmg per hit is jut ridiculous. Be more specific with the companion's powers descriptions. For example, don't just write that it does damage, but exactly how much damage it does.
    - At character creation give us a description of the Abilities Scores like the one we have in game, which tell us exactly what stats they influence and by how much.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    jksgsakfsodshgjksgsakfsodshg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    One change that SHOULD be made to the bankstorage, that would make me buy more slots...

MAKE IT ACCOUNT WIDE !

Example of how I would like it to be done:
    The initial character unlocks 2 rows as normal, and every additional character should unlock one more.
    You get 2 character slots to begin with, it should be a combined 3-row bank !
    If/when a player buys more characterslots, every additional slot should add 1 row to the bank !

Founders pack and 3 characterslots ? 4 bankrows.
    Free mode and 2 additional slots unlocked ? 5 bankrows etc...

Another thing I would love to see is a small bonus from whatever deity you choose, and I mean minimal as from one statpoint or even a half...
    -0.5% Increased critical chance
    -0.5% Deflect chance
    -1% movement speed
    -1% more HP

Make a list of all stats you got and find a suiting god for it !
    This would of course force you to give out a free "Change deity" token when it gets implemented.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well, if I had my way, they'd scrap the existing t1-2 dungeons and replace them with ones unrelated to the leveling dungeons. It's not going to happen, of course as even if Cryptic wanted such a thing they don't have the manpower to do it. Please don't take this as bashing, no one is overstaffed these days. I do hope eventually they will try a more positive reinforcement method to end exploits, rather than just trying to treat the symptoms with invisible walls and whatnot. I guess putting the marks in skill nodes and chests was an attempt at that, but it doesn't seem to have had entirely positive results due to player greed.

Yeah, I get it, but I would hope the design and testing part would be the easier since the overhaul wouldn't really focus on whole new art/animations/graphics/sound which are usually the most expensive part of new content. They seem to be adding a new dungeon per module, perhaps they could do a T2 dungeon overhaul per module as well. A simultaneous release of the redone T2 dungeons (or maybe all the epics up until Castle Never) would have the greatest impact, but I agree it's not realistic.

I got kicked a second time tonight from a ToS group because I wasn't able follow along to exploit the last boss. It's pretty demoralizing, especially after I had been generous by giving another team member an item I won (and could have used) because they said they needed it, I was the odd person out in their guild run, and I was grateful to even get into a T2 group in the first place.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    There will always be exploiters even if they fix the epic dungeons. There are a lot more people looking for ways to glitch the content than there are people working on fixing it. I joined the Legit channel awhile back but hadn't done much with it but this weekend I ran TOS six times, PK twice, MC once and we did the first boss of CN. Apart from PK, I'd never beaten any T2s/MC or even set foot in CN.
  • Options
    jeggredjhalavarjeggredjhalavar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1) My biggest complaint is the queue system for dungeons. I sat around for over half an hour today in a queue for the Chasm dungeon.

2) My characters advance beyond the dungeon level while they are still in a given area. I have to do dungeons and skirmishes almost immediately upon arrival or I won't be able to do the dungeons or get the Title for the area. My solution would be to raise the allowable character level by at least 5 per dungeon.

3) I'd like to see a small queue system for parties, aka an automated Looking for Group system. I'd like to do an area with maybe 1 other player, and I don't want to just ask random people. It would be nice to specify what type of character you are seeking.

4) The auction house seems buggy. I sometimes come up blank and then remake my query and find items.

5) Upgrading a companion from blue to purple is ridiculously expensive: 750,000 Astral Diamonds.

6) The Seals of the Lion, etc are absolutely useless. We should be able to upgrade them or the items they buy should be bind on equip, not bind on purchase.

7) More playable classes.

8) Clerics should have a special ability against the undead.

9) You should be able to make your own follow paths to locations that you mark on a map.

10) More support for evil characters and evil deities! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    There will always be exploiters even if they fix the epic dungeons. There are a lot more people looking for ways to glitch the content than there are people working on fixing it. I joined the Legit channel awhile back but hadn't done much with it but this weekend I ran TOS six times, PK twice, MC once and we did the first boss of CN. Apart from PK, I'd never beaten any T2s/MC or even set foot in CN.

I'm not asking them to change the motivation of other players. Of course there will always be people looking to find exploits, but exploits shouldn't be the assumed strategy certainly when it relies on exploiting geometry and glitching mechanics. PK is relatively easy to get into. It's the only psuedo-T2 I've gotten into and completed and other players I've talked to don't consider it real T2.

Both times I've gotten into ToS I've been kicked because I couldn't get to the right spot to glitch the last boss and my only time getting into a Karu group it fell apart on the first boss with the adds and no CW. I'm glad you've had so much luck with T2. What's your class, gs, and how long are you waits to get into groups? Are they with your guild or not? And how many of those six ToS last boss fights were legit fights?

I've never heard of the of a Legit channel until now, but it seems like a kludgy player solution to what should be the default experience. And it's the kind of thing new/returning players aren't necessarily going to know to root around the forums and find. Like I said, I'm glad your experiences have been so good, but mine have not and I think a significant part of that are a reflection of both available exploits and incentives due to current dungeon designs in T2. We can certainly agree to disagree at this point.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would add another city/town. It can be a smaller town but I wish we had another place to chill out from time to time.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    dataloss1dataloss1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1. In my opinion dungeons should be you getting through all the minions/mini bosses then when you finally reach the end you have one super boss battle with a limited number of adds. Adds should be a little bit of flavor with the boss being the main focal point in the battle. I havent done Valindras Tower yet but from the videos i have seen it is more about boss mechanics and less adds.

2. Companions need to have a reason to be used. As it stands the only companions most people are using are the augment companions. I would prefer to use the other companions cause they add a bit of fun to what you are doing but I feel that if i dont use an augment companion i am just hurting my potential.

Those are the 2 things i think need to be looked into.
  • Options
    ghwefy66ghwefy66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have a fix suggestion for you ... how about making the game playable ?

I'm a new player, just started yestrday, download was nice and fast, log in no problem. I created a character and ... game is fun and realy good, but after tutorial i arrive in first city (Protector's Enclave) and game got unplayable. It's the lag.

Now i get that in most mmo's you get lag in cities, but this is ridiculous! I have quest to talk to one dude, but no matter how many times i try, i cannot get to him, whenever i walk few steps from my start location, it teleports me back! First i figured it was pach downloading, so i turned off on-demand patching, but after an hour of prepatching, when i get to the game, same story. I cannot seem to move from the first spot, when i got to city! I cannot even talk in-game (chat off-line). I even tried runing several times, if i will get lucky, but after 10 min i got messege: "you have been inactive for 10 min ... " This means servers just didn't notice my commands, so latency must be greater than 10 min ! and yes i tried enabeling proxy (EU and US) but nothing changed. I would understand if i would live somewhere in mountains or underground, but im right here in Europe.

While i know most of you can play the game normaly, I must not be the only one who has problem. (and my PC is more than good enough for the game, i can normaly play tutorial with maxed out settings and no lag issues, but i did set graphics to absolute minimum in city, but didn't get any effect)

Now im perfectly aware this is off-topic, etc. , but where would i post ? I canno't make new threads, technical support forums are "read only", and only similar topic i found is locked thread.

I would appreciate, if anyone has any suggestion on what i should try, or any info if im not alone with this issue. And thanks to all those reading my long post.
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "7. Reduce xp granted by 25-75% across the board, thereby allowing more play of Foundry, skirmishes, and delves while leveling. Loosen current level cap to allow more questing. Minority strongly like xp way it is. "

Even if the "minority" like it the way it is, you just invalidated people and their opinions before they even posted, and yes I am in this... apparent... minority. I played MMOs for 15 years. I kind of like the emergent property that comes from not having a player base artificially divided by levels. There isn't this effect of if you know several people in real life that play you can never play with them all at once because they all have completed different amounts of the month or two or four it takes to grind max level. To me Neverwinter nailed something: levels should come slow enough to introduce new abilities but no slower. It makes sense. It reduces levels to their essential components. This is all any game needs levels to do: to slow down the introduction of increasingly complex mechanics so that the majority of people can take them in as they emerge.

That isn't to say there isn't a role for levels and gear. They can have purpose, but the emergent property of slowing people down is dividing people up, and that dividing people up has a down side that is usually never treated with the respect it deserves in old school MMOs.

I always ask people this question nowadays in MMO threads:
    Why do people play left4dead 1/2 coop? That is the question an action MMO needs to get to the answer to. Because they managed to strip gear out of a game, strip levels out of a game, strip the customization out of a game, strip everything you can imagine in terms of permanent advancement yet people do the same things that would be called a "grind" in a mmo and they do it... for fun, and this is PvE! Why and how is what an action mmo developer should be studying.

To me going back to the old recipes of MMO design like "levels come slowly" isn't where it is at. The old recipes have problems of their own. I am just looking for a good action adventure mmo about collecting gear from the environment in some way that requires a little organization and socialization and interesting play. I am not asking any developer to write a game that divides friends up. There is suspiciously little point in that.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ghwefy66 wrote: »
    ...I would appreciate, if anyone has any suggestion on what i should try, or any info if im not alone with this issue. And thanks to all those reading my long post.
    I had very low specs on my old PC and could manage just fine in Protectors Enclave. Try reducing the visuals. Also you might wanna disable on-demand parching, in the launcher setting.
    That being said, please check the time on the last post in a thread. Reviving threads that are too old is against the rules, and it could result in the tread being closed, and your problem (as in this case) left without an answer.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    separate PvE and PvP the constant " balancing" of PvP makes me crazy for the PvE side of things.

Shared "funds" for guild bank - the AD from single source to buy TABs is ridiculous.

Remove ability to kick from group at any time while in an instance. (even the vote system is abused)

Improve boss mechanics. (Endless over powered Adds is the lamest boss mechanic EVER!)

AH needs to be faster and not auto search when a "search" call hasn't been fully put in yet (as an example I select rare then shirt and then it searches before I add "gemmed" or what ever other criteria I was going to add next

Mail system - needs bulk delete!

Better more robust Foundry with better prizes (have it linked to play time or something to lessen abuse)

Cheaper prices (take quantity over "quality" on the prices they are high not everyone is going to spend hundreds or thousands on these games you'll get a lot more mounts sold at $6 then at $25
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A) Fix the targeting system
    B) Stop giving me BoP items that aren t for my god**** class
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    threads that have been lying dormant for over 30 days are considered dead. posting in them is considered necromancy because their content and opinions in them may be outdated.

kelemvor will now be summoned to collect one of his lost children.

[chanting]
    kelemvor, lord of the dead and master of the crystal spire, we call upon you to yadda yadda fishbone mcgillicutty undead with many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.