test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Interactive Poll: The Top 20 Fixes You'd Make to Neverwinter!

Comments

• Options
    crh88crh88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here are my votes (Top 15):

1. Fix PvP grouping. Most matches are won because the other team has more players. Load in new players quickly if one drops. And fix the bug where players never load in for a match but just take up a spot in the party.

2. Make PvP rewards more performance based. Not just team performance, but individual. If a player has 0 points at the end, they shouldn't get anything from the match, because they obviously didn't do anything. DO NOT SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCE LOSING TEAM REWARDS. Why should you get next to nothing just because you had the bad luck of being matched with AFKers or completely incompetent players? Individual performance should be rewarded, not luck of the draw.

3. Add a report function to report botters/afkers in PVP to perma ban them if caught (zero tolerance here since it ruins the game).

4. Allow players to toggle instantly between 2 different feat selections when they are in protectors enclave (dual-spec). This would be unlocked for a one time cost of 1 respec token

5. Add two more paragon paths to all currently released classes, and ensure all classes released in the future have three paragon paths already. Better come with free respecs.

6. Exploration zones - the world feels too small, not all of us like point and click - put a bit of sandbox into the game, it won't hurt.

7. More variety of pvp battles, more maps.

8. Make deities mean something.. create deity background Change (Deity, City), deity themed armor(Cloaks, Chest, Weapons) and add more deities (Evil as well). When we 'pray' buffs should be related to 'our' deity as well.

9. Retool companions with better AI, more customization options, including adding inventory space, different stances (for example: defend me, only heal, attack ranged enemies, interrupt enemies).

10. More class diversity: while it's awesome that an Archer Ranger and a Scourge Warlock are in the works, the game would benefit more from another leader/healer class (Inspiring Warlord, for example, or Battle Cleric) or tank class (Protecting Paladin).

11. Make Gold and AD account shared.

12. Add more powers and allow a custom character creation option.

13. Improve boss mechanics. Redesign bosses to have unique dynamics beyond "avoid the red spot," design bosses to be more thematic in attack structures and defenses. Provide for monster vulnerabilities (ie: frost giants = especially susceptible and responsive to fire based attacks).

14. Better ways to acquire hard-to-get items: Coalescent Wards and 110% speed mounts are currently a little too unattainable without forking over real money.

15. Make a filtering system for foundry quests ie; Story-heavy, Hack'n'slash-heavy, RP-specialty, Non-solo quest, etc.
  • Options
    flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here are a few more things. Seems we made similar threads with different implementations. Give it a read if you like here.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• Options
    wildfire813wildfire813 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. More emotes
    2. Armor preview option
    3. Foundry collaboration
    4. more dye bottle (not packs)
    5. Ranger class
    6. greater character customization
    7. larger parties for foundry missions
    8. more playable races
    9. Fashion items, more please
    10. player/guild homes
    11. foundry audio
    12. Aggro system

In no particular order of course
  • Options
    ancientalchemyancientalchemy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anything that adds more variability and challenge to the game. Character development options should be meaningful and
    not cookie-cutter. Same goes for monsters. Add benefits to greater exploration. Reward players that think and play the game as a game rather than an ego trip.

From the original list:

1. Fix in game voice chat.
    3. Fix the dungeon queue system.
    4. Improve GF and CW aggro, GF blocking.
    4b. Also fix DC aggro and righteousness penalty
    5. Improve boss mechanics. Redesign bosses to have unique dynamics beyond "avoid the red spot," design bosses to be more thematic in attack structures and defenses. Provide for monster vulnerabilities (ie: frost giants = especially susceptible and responsive to fire based attacks).
    6. Reduce trash mobs/ads in dungeons, strengthen whats left.
    7. Reduce xp granted by 25-75% across the board, thereby allowing more play of Foundry, skirmishes, and delves while leveling. Loosen current level cap to allow more questing. Minority strongly like xp way it is.

9. Make the server merger happen.
    10. Add more powers and allow a custom character creation option. - More meaningful variation not just cosmetics

12. "Vote to kick" system rather than the leader having absolute power - require 3 out of 5 party to kick.
    13. Add ability to email gold and AD to alts
    14. Add guild housing/player housing.
    15. More emotes, including sit down in chairs and a proper lay down/sleep emote

18. Retool companions with better AI, more customization options, including adding inventory space.
    19. Drastically lower the Exp/Glory rewards for losing in PvP. This alone would cure a lot of the AFKing in PvP type problems.
    20. Add collaboration tools to Foundry. - Yes to anything that promotes Foundry development

- Add a report function to report botters/afkers in PVP to perma ban them if caught (zero tolerance here since it ruins the game).

- Add two more paragon paths to all currently released classes, and ensure all classes released in the future have three paragon paths already.
  • Options
    maxwelsilvermaxwelsilver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    You have a vast community whose knowledge in 4 ed dynamics/lore is ignored. Although these are just my humble opinions many will disagree with, here is what I think the game lacks.

First and foremost, fix the exploits. I was on the advocate list for a wipe when the AD ones were first discovered, but that's history now.
    Fix the agro issue so that Tanks become a valuable asset.
    Fix the healers being broken as one spell heal bots

I personally think think leveling is too fast, pushing all players to end content in less than a week. If you don't want to be relegated to the WOW clones, make it harder to end cap. There should be no rush to get there for the casual gamer, or NW will become the "in-between" game everyone is relegating it to for other titles not quite out yet. Make the game unique for gods sake, and don't follow the path Sony did with EQ2 to decimate their fan base by trying to make it WOW-lite.

Speaking of the community, hold a contest in foundry for full game-add content, where THEIR content becomes part of the game path. This is how you find your new talent and programmers.... duh.. but give them the tools to do it properly. (ability to add Bosses, their dynamics, chests, and the ability to create and skin objects via wireframe) you do this, and you will never have to worry about lack of content as a FTP, and can get off the "linear" kick someone thought was a good idea, which is the anathema of the concept of D&D.

Add an Evil City such as Ravenloft, and make alignment/deities actually mean something. (there are plenty of Foundry addicts out there to help you create this content. All you have to do is to put a forum thread out to the community, and your servers would melt down if they thought their content might be used in the actual "real" game) Create faction based pvp in open contested zones. Yes, OWPVP. No one has to visit the zone for the quest lines that have this content in them if they don't want to, so no gripes are valid should a carebear get ganked, but you might find PVP would get rowdy, which is what players that like that want. Throw some T1/T2 dungeons in that zone, with gear drops that are extremely rare, thus a faction farming them wouldn't flood the market with them, make them highly class specific, and bind on pickup. AND DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE OTHERS HAVE IN SEPARATING PVP GEAR FROM PVE GEAR. Just ask Sony how that's going for them for the past five years.

Add more options for Classes. GWF/GF were a good start, but what about a two sword wielder? A Holy warrior? (Paladin/Anti-Paladin class)
    Add more classes of healers. Not everyone wants to run around dangling Madonna's old 80's necklace as a weapon. Where's the traditional mace and buckler? Plate armor? etc.
    Add more classes of rogues, and make their non-combat skills mean something (disarming/creating traps, Detecting Mimics, pickpocket attuned to alignment with consequences, etc) There should be rogues who focus on melee v.s. ranged. And what about crafters making traps/bombs/grenades? Make them consumables. This would work extremely well in those contested zones, if a rogue has the skill to booby trap areas.
    Add more ranged classes, like Wizard, Ranger, Druid, Bard, and for gods sake put in more paragons. You have so many problems with what you have now, how are you going to ever know where issues in your new paths are going to be if you don't release them before the game goes live?

Instead of nerfing, look at the dynamics and buff accordingly. If you feel the healers are too op, and the parties you see aren't diverse, then it's your game dynamics (meaning boss mechanics, adds method you currently use for all bosses) which are flawed, and not the classes necessarily. Just because a player finds a unique and powerful build via feats and paragon points, doesn't mean they should be penalized for it. Add defenses, buffs, or even divine blessings or new paragon paths to counter it for pvp if it's all that big of a deal. Make sure your paragons/feats have counters for each effect/paragon of another class, then that way you have balance of a sort. If CW's can counter a TR with a paragon path, and a GWF can counter the CW with a path, etc... Then you won't have the griping about OP classes.

Just a few things I think would make sense.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Amazing number of contributions and effort partaken by the community! Wow thats how it's done!

I'll have to update my list tomorrow ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Deity means something.
    Cheaper dye just for better community look even if basics..red, blue,yellow..
    Wandering bosses.. later contested raid mobs.
    Get the companion books going.
    Ability to level lock so we can enjoy the content.
    In game undercover police or say Neverwinter agents..maybe heads on pikes by gates for bad offenders. Not attention seekers.

Enjoying the game!!! I'm old school gamer so you roll with what your given even mistakes in skill , feat, race, etc choices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    riverfontriverfont Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please make it so I can transfer my cat companion from my TR to my GF. I REALLY want to use this pet on my GF, and the game acts like I can, but when I go to unbind it by paying AD, it doesn't work.

HELP!
  • Options
    realjinanrealjinan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only 1 strange request right now:

Implement a captcha system at the beginning of every PvP match. That was Internet's unassisted solution to botting.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Signed, sealed and delivered!

I'm looking forward to seeing some of these awesome suggestions from the community implemented... earlier than Soon™.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'm looking forward to seeing some of these awesome suggestions from the community implemented... earlier than Soon.

Most excellent... I look forward to seeing what comes of this, if anything.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013

I'm looking forward to seeing some of these awesome suggestions from the community implemented... earlier than Soon™.

I'm looking forward to seeing them really hear the feedback and everything else from the community ...
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ****, im late. :/ Anyways, the ones chosen are awesome ideas.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    n33lcn33lc Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Quests that involve puzzles rather than killing.
    Quests you can complete without killing a big boss, but actually outwitting him.
    More sneaky options to sneak past mobs in dungeons.
  • Options
    starlitenlstarlitenl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    n33lc wrote: »
    Quests that involve puzzles rather than killing.
    Quests you can complete without killing a big boss, but actually outwitting him.
    More sneaky options to sneak past mobs in dungeons.
    There are some foundry quests that have puzzles etc. Not sure if there are any that are 100% puzzle based, but you can perfectly create those with the foundry :)
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Chat flood control: <ctrl>-c, <ctrl>-v - looks like the same message, please wait 30s before repeating

Chat gold spam account shredding: xx gold com --> auto gm report & account locked until it is investigated (we all know the 2 message forms that are 'walled' at us), and the users never see the message!
  • Options
    xtriz1337xtriz1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like this thread. Many of those things going to changes!
  • Options
    desero2desero2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A fix that adds sounds/music to the foundry quests.
  • Options
    francoaventinefrancoaventine Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    UPDATE--Well I stuck to the game AND I have actually become used to the "camera mode". I still get some visual problems because of all the "looking around" at such a tight angle but I really love the game. I would still like a "regular view mode" and a better zoom option...hopefully it will happen sometime...but if not...it all good.

ORIGINAL POST
    Current "camera mode" gave me a headache in less that an hour of play. That mode is too intense for long hours of play. Until it is changed I have to leave the game...and that is unfortunate as it looked promising.

The Easy Fix Would Be....

I. CREATE A TOGGLE BETWEEN:

1. Reticle Target View Mode (combat).
    --You toggle it on, Reticle appears, mouse look is locked on.
    ---- Allow player to turn camera view horizontally (head and shoulder) about 45 degrees without changing the characters running/standing direction. (essentially a strafe fire). After 45 degrees the character direction turns. Vertical change is limited to from ground level to above players head.
    -- Allow the reticle's placement to be adjusted on the screen (up and down) in the options menu to do the following:
    When its higher up in the screen area (above the character) then its more useable from the Third Person perspective.
    When its lower in screen (closer to the character) then its more useable from a First Person perspective.

2. Regular View Mode (non combat).
    --You toggle it on--Reticle disappears, mouse look is unlocked.
    ---- Allow player to turn camera view (head and shoulder type turn) about 45 degrees without changing the characters running/standing direction by holding down the right mouse key. After 45 degrees the character direction turns. Vertical change is limited to from ground level to above players head.
    ---- Allow player to have free camera view holding down left mouse key. This would be unlimited direction without changing the direction of the character

II. Allow Camera to Zoom Out 3 times the current distance.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some suggestions:

1. Allow recoloring and resizing the crosshair. Heck, even allow a few crosshair choices - like maybe I just want a circle, or a cross, or a dot...

2. If a quest cannot be tracked in the zone we are immediately in, how about tracking to the zone exit or so forth.

3. Some maps seem to be lacking markers for the entrance or other PoI's - how about adding those in.

4. I would love to have the related professions be able to break down pieces of gear you can't use - like a tailor could get some thread and cotton/wool/etc by breaking down a piece of wizard armor.

5. I would love to be able to more easily access the Gateway for my other characters, while I'm actually playing the game. By this, I mean, instead of having to alt+tab to go back to my desktop and access the Gateway that way, how about allowing me to bring up the profession window for my alts in-game?

6. Allow us to apply dyes to our companions.

7. Allow us to apply dyes to our mounts.

8. Allow us to toggle some basic settings for our companions - something like 'stay back', 'stay close', 'attack at-will', 'attack only my target', etc.

9. Add campfires in the lower part of Protector's Enclave. One near the Auction House or shop area would be great!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Current "camera mode" gave me a headache in less that an hour of play. That mode is too intense for long hours of play. Until it is changed I have to leave the game...and that is unfortunate as it looked promising.

The Easy Fix Would Be....

I. CREATE A TOGGLE BETWEEN:

1. Reticle Target View Mode (combat).
    --You toggle it on, Reticle appears, mouse look is locked on.
    ---- Allow player to turn camera view horizontally (head and shoulder) about 45 degrees without changing the characters running/standing direction. (essentially a strafe fire). After 45 degrees the character direction turns. Vertical change is limited to from ground level to above players head.
    -- Allow the reticle's placement to be adjusted on the screen (up and down) in the options menu to do the following:
    When its higher up in the screen area (above the character) then its more useable from the Third Person perspective.
    When its lower in screen (closer to the character) then its more useable from a First Person perspective.

2. Regular View Mode (non combat).
    --You toggle it on--Reticle disappears, mouse look is unlocked.
    ---- Allow player to turn camera view (head and shoulder type turn) about 45 degrees without changing the characters running/standing direction by holding down the right mouse key. After 45 degrees the character direction turns. Vertical change is limited to from ground level to above players head.
    ---- Allow player to have free camera view holding down left mouse key. This would be unlimited direction without changing the direction of the character

II. Allow Camera to Zoom Out 3 times the current distance.

Your late to the ball game, that list has already been signed, sealed, and sent from the way the Moderator put it. Also, the various list of things players would like to see implemented/fixed are not scheduled to be released in this version of Neverwinter. Those changes are to be implemented in Neverwinter 2 scheduled for release in the Fall of 2014.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    eviledickeviledick Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    Option to turn off visuals for tabbard/apron portion of armours.
    Branching Foundry quests.
    Proper Foundry Bosses.
    Improved author place-able Foundry rewards (may require accreditation system, min number of mobs/completion time/etc).
    Foundry Classification/tag system.
    Ability to complete skirmish/quest over level.
    Bug Powder Dust: Chapter 1, 15 mins of Cleric friendly hack and slash, with a nod to Pratchett and G Naylor:- NW-DKHPBAVBO
  • Options
    zzhylawzzhylaw Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1. Create some sort of long term tiered end game to build future content around.
    2. Make non augment companions viable
    3. create vanity pets
    4. ranked pvp
    5. more maps and types of pvp
    6. Expand on class and race quest triggers, do cool stuff with drow only or arcana only stuff.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Just fix the game really they know what needs to be done. There is no point in listing everything. they know the game sucks and what they need to fix.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Never ever too late to give your opinion!

As long as it's constructive.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Just fix the game really they know what needs to be done. There is no point in listing everything. they know the game sucks and what they need to fix.

No, this is unacceptable. Say something helpful to the community, or do not say it at all. Thank you.

• Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So what's the word on this anyway Aandre? Did you get the subtle nod, the cold shoulder, or the walk by shoulder bump that knocks the papers out of your hand that they could care less about? =P
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    No, this is unacceptable. Say something helpful to the community, or do not say it at all. Thank you.

Thank you and Godbless
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    So what's the word on this anyway Aandre? Did you get the subtle nod, the cold shoulder, or the walk by shoulder bump that knocks the papers out of your hand that they could care less about? =P

The word is, he got the Fist pump, head nod, and Uh huh with tentative information regarding the release date of Neverwinter 2. This highly anticipated sequel to Neverwinter, Neverwinter 2 seeks to correct the issues that were plaguing Neverwinter by incorporating all the fixes listed in this thread along with a few others throne in for shock and awe.

ETA Fall of 2014

All Joking a side if I were to list the issues I would like corrected with this game, It would probably end up being a copy and paste of the same List Andre posted on the front page. So, after revising Andre's list a little bit, most of what's been covered by him is pretty spot on for changes that would really help this games Longevity.

1. Create a REAL LFG Looking-For-Group feature, such as in DDO.
    2. Fix the dungeon queue system.
    3. Improve boss mechanics. Redesign bosses to have unique dynamics beyond "avoid the red spot," design bosses to be more thematic in attack structures and defenses. Provide for monster vulnerabilities (ie: frost giants = especially susceptible and responsive to fire based attacks).
    4. Reduce trash mobs/ads in dungeons, strengthen whats left.
    5. Reduce xp granted by 25-75% across the board, thereby allowing more play of Foundry, skirmishes, and delves while leveling. Loosen current level cap to allow more questing. Minority strongly like xp way it is.
    6. Add a trade channel, freeing up general/zone chat.
    7. Make the server merger happen.
    8. Add more powers and allow a custom character creation option.
    9. Rework Need/Greed/Pass to prevent unjust looting.
    10. "Vote to kick" system rather than the leader having absolute power - require 3 out of 5 party to kick.
    11. Add ability to email gold and AD to alts
    12. Retool companions with better AI, more customization options, including adding inventory space.
    13. Add collaboration tools to Foundry.

Special mentions:

- Allow players to toggle instantly between 2 different feat selections when they are in protectors enclave (dual-spec). This would be unlocked for a one time cost of 1 respec token

- Make deities mean something.. create deity background Change (Deity, City), deity themed armor(Cloaks, Chest, Weapons) and add more deities (Evil as well)

- Add a report function to report botters/afkers in PVP to perma ban them if caught (zero tolerance here since it ruins the game).

- Add two more paragon paths to all currently released classes, and ensure all classes released in the future have three paragon paths already.

- Exploration zones - the world feels too small, not all of us like point and click - put a bit of sandbox into the game, it won't hurt

- Make a filtering system for foundry quests ie; Story-heavy, Hack'n'slash-heavy, RP-specialty, Non-solo quest, etc.

- More Monster/NPC types

- Greater character customization with the ability to set idle stances, guild logos, as well as to save what has been created.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »

Well, none of those, actually. They were quite receptive, and in fact some of these have already been coded. You will see more crossed off this list, mark my words.

This discussion has been closed.