test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Interactive Poll: The Top 20 Fixes You'd Make to Neverwinter!

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Normally my polls are filled with well researched/thought provoking questions. This time, I'd like the community to make the poll.

Time for those of us that are planning to be around here for awhile to roll up our sleeves, and make a better Neverwinter for the lot of us.

I'd like everyone to put their Role Playing hats on and imagine you are a Cryptic Neverwinter developer. Your challenge?

You have been given the green light to fix (or add) anything you'd like to work on in the game, but you only have 74 days to get it ready for a major patch on August 16th.

Make a list of the top things you'd fix or add in Neverwinter if you were tasked with such a radically cool responsibility!

1. Fix in game voice chat.
2. Create a REAL LFG Looking-For-Group feature, such as in DDO.
3. Fix the dungeon queue system.
4. Improve GF and CW aggro, GF blocking.
5. Improve boss mechanics. Redesign bosses to have unique dynamics beyond "avoid the red spot," design bosses to be more thematic in attack structures and defenses. Provide for monster vulnerabilities (ie: frost giants = especially susceptible and responsive to fire based attacks).
6. Reduce trash mobs/ads in dungeons, strengthen whats left.
7. Reduce xp granted by 25-75% across the board, thereby allowing more play of Foundry, skirmishes, and delves while leveling. Loosen current level cap to allow more questing. Minority strongly like xp way it is.
8. Add a trade channel, freeing up general/zone chat.
9. Make the server merger happen.
10. Add more powers and allow a custom character creation option.
11. Rework Need/Greed/Pass to prevent unjust looting.
12. "Vote to kick" system rather than the leader having absolute power - require 3 out of 5 party to kick.
13. Add ability to email gold and AD to alts
14. Add guild housing/player housing.
15. More emotes, including sit down in chairs and a proper lay down/sleep emote
16. Make players auto dismount when they are near a mailbox auction, NPC or vendor. Also change to stay mounted after traveling to new zone.
17. Enhance ignore feature in game and on forums.
18. Retool companions with better AI, more customization options, including adding inventory space.
19. Drastically lower the Exp/Glory rewards for losing in PvP. This alone would cure a lot of the AFKing in PvP type problems.
20. Add collaboration tools to Foundry.

Special mentions:

- Allow players to toggle instantly between 2 different feat selections when they are in protectors enclave (dual-spec). This would be unlocked for a one time cost of 1 respec token

- Make deities mean something.. create deity background Change (Deity, City), deity themed armor(Cloaks, Chest, Weapons) and add more deities (Evil as well)

- Add a report function to report botters/afkers in PVP to perma ban them if caught (zero tolerance here since it ruins the game).

- Add two more paragon paths to all currently released classes, and ensure all classes released in the future have three paragon paths already.

- Exploration zones - the world feels too small, not all of us like point and click - put a bit of sandbox into the game, it won't hurt

- Make a filtering system for foundry quests ie; Story-heavy, Hack'n'slash-heavy, RP-specialty, Non-solo quest, etc.

- More Monster/NPC types

- Greater character customization with the ability to set idle stances, guild logos, as well as to save what has been created.

* Don't be afraid to list something someone else has already mentioned. The more "votes" something gets, the higher up on the Top 20 it goes! Also if you don't see it on the list already, mention it, it might just bump something off the list!

** My promise to the community is a simple one. I'll make sure the results of our poll get to the powers that be. So keep it clean, keep it positive, and let's get something done, together!

*** I'm making a grand list of great ideas based on this thread, delivering it to the developers, and creating a PDF file for public view, so keep putting those thinking caps on!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1. The Server Merger - Sooner than later.
    2. The not being able to replace people in Dungeons.
    3. Is in game Voice Chat broken or is it just that no one uses it?
  • Options
    avot91avot91 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. I would make a Pve content with acutal boss mechanics instead of having A WALL OF ADDS which is ridiculous.

2. Fix the dungeon Queue system take after WoW and Rift its very annoying when a person leave and you stand at the last boss and can't search for more.

3. Remove 10% of the trash in the instances becasue it takes way too long to clear everything if you don't glitch.

4. Make the dungeons so you need 1 tank 1 healer and 3 dps... Not like people play now 1 rogue 2 CW and 2 DC. I mean WHY do you make content there you need to have 2 healers in a 5 man? its stupied
  • Options
    dreadlordmikeydreadlordmikey Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In no specific order:

1. Need/Greed (which, as I understand it, is being worked on).
    2. Allow us to email funds (Gold and AD) to our alts. Using the market is cumbersome and non-obvious.
    3. Where the hell is my account bank?!
    4. GF blocking/agro.
    5. Cleric agro.
    6. Power fixes.
    7. Mission pathing wonkiness. (The glowy trail that sometimes leads off to nowhere or disappears into the ground.)
    8. Holes in the world. I myself have disappeared through a hole in the ground, and seen enemies do it as well.
    9. Forum authentication.
    10. Gateway authentication.
    11. Market fixes.
    12. Log out to character select. It's there, I think. No UI element?
    13. Put a muzzle on the NPCs. Do they really have to repeat the same line every five seconds?
    14. EVERY cut scene should be cancelable. (Unless you're in a dungeon, on a team, for timing reasons).

That'll do for starters.
    "Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1.queue system and dungeons exploit ,shortcuts
    2.dungeons nerfs,less hp on some bosses and some ads
    3.gwf class
    4.gf class
    5.better rewards for skirmish
    6.special weapon and armor shards and gems fusion chance improved to 50%
    7.better reward for 7 days pray coin
    8.1 more healing class
    9.fusion wards removed from game ,enchants should have 100% fusion chance
    10.3 or more new 4 parts gear sets for each class
    11.2 or more new 2 parts sets for each class
    12.6 parts gear sets for each class

this is list of thing i would like to see fixed and added in game whit next expansion
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Normally my polls are filled with well researched/thought provoking questions. This time, I'd like the community to make the poll.

Time for those of us that are planning to be around here for awhile to roll up our sleeves, and make a better Neverwinter for the lot of us.

I'd like everyone to put their Role Playing hats on and imagine you are a Cryptic Neverwinter developer. Your challenge?

You have been given the green light to fix (or add) anything you'd like to work on in the game, but you only have 74 days to get it ready for a major patch on August 16th.

Make a list of the top things you'd fix or add in Neverwinter if you were tasked with such a radically cool responsibility!

* Don't be afraid to list something someone else has already mentioned. The more "votes" something gets, the higher up on the Top 20 it goes!

** My promise to the community is a simple one. I'll make sure the results of our poll get to the powers that be. So keep it clean, keep it positive, and let's get something done, together!

2. Make the server merger happen.

3.Improve the LFD

4. Fix the companion AI

5. Add more customization options to companions at least as much as STO offers

6. Add Story mode versions of Five man dungeons that can be completed with one to three people that provides lesser gear and experience.

7. Improve the LFD experience

8. Make players auto dismount when they are near a mailbox auction, NPC or vendor.

9. Fix the companions hanging around outside of gates....it's creepy.

10. Add more assets to the foundry like stairs (actual dungeon stairs) encounters improved music and ambiance and maps (Shadovar ftw plz) and for gods sakes let NPC's carry weapons.

11. Work on class balance

12. Give us authenticators

13. Fix the bloody cloaks and offer more traditional D&D styles (hood up and down please) and not just WoW rip offs.

14.Let us sit at taverns

15. Give us an ignore that is more functional make it ignore in game on forums and block quotes

That's it for me.

heh so much for the accusations that I think the games perfect.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1. Allow melee units access to T2 game content.
    2. Server merge.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1.) Threat Balance(Especially for GF and DC)
    2.) GWF Tweak(If GWF is meant to be a Striker treat it as such)
    3.) Skirmish Reward overhaul
    4.) More Fashion items
    5.) Mentoring System
    6.) Companion Tomes
    7.) Unbinding of Mounts
    8.) Unbinding of Companions
    9.) Cooking Profession
    10.) Alchemy Profession
    11.) More Monster/NPC types in the Foundry
    12.) More Emotes(drinking, ect.)
    13.) Vote to Kick System
    14.) Deity Themed Cloaks(Example Kelemvor Cloaks already in the game)
    15.) More Dye Packs
    16.) World Bosses
    17.) Ability to queue into personal quest instances while party members are not near
    18.) Overhaul to Nightmare Weapons from Trade Bar vendor
    19.) Add Terror Flame Enchant listed on Nightmare Lockbox
    20.) Add some form of visual to Faerie Fire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No particular order of priority.

Fix in game voice chat.
    Remove ability to kick from group at any time while in an instance.
    Improve boss mechanics.
    Add collaboration tools to Foundry.
    Add a trade channel, freeing up general/zone chat
    Rework Need/Greed/Pass to prevent unjust looting. (everyone gets their own pull from chest)
    Add ability to email gold and AD to alts
    Remove the automated chatban feature - too easy to grief other players with it with no human monitoring for abuse.
    More classes and races - increases replay-ability of game.
    Fix the AH - I still see negative numbers on it - especially in the time left.
    Implement the method to make regular companions higher quality (i know it says coming soon)

...and...Faster responses to hacked accounts - track where stolen AD was sent - helps keep it off of third party sites - makes customers more confident in buying from in game store knowing they arent just buying the hackers another large sum of AD.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd want better armor diversity. Shouldnt go through 30 levels wearing the only 2 hardly different looking peices of armor.

cheaper prices to in Astral diamond uses, Ex; changing appearance, removing rune/enchant stones.

Ability to bring more than 5 people into certain foundary maps that allow it.

GWF at will damage increased.
    Ability to choose which instance you are transported to upon initial log in of character. (tired of logging in and ending up in the most crowded instance of the Protector's Enclave)

Make any peice of armor able to be toggled disabled in appearance.
  • Options
    vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1. More emotes and other RP-friendly stuff.
    2. More visualization, meaning more looks for both armors and weaponry, as well as fashion items.
    3. More unique dungeon boss design, not kill-the-adds game.
    4. Racial actives (faerie fire, infravision etc.)
    5. Item actives (e.g. robes of magic missiles or something; refer to NWN1-2, Baldur's Gate 1-2 etc.)
    6. Item actives with no gameplay difference, for immersion (like the robe of useless items; "fundrous" items, I believe these are called...?)
    7. More classes and races, though I understand this will come with time.
    8. Player housing.
    9. Generally, buff RP. There is a huge RP community and we'd be grateful to see some love :3
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Holy Cow, this one's white hot!

Great job all, and keep em coming in. Will get to moving things up/down and on/off the list as we get more votes!

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Aandre can we add sugestions not listed in ure initial post?...(else i wil be thinking hard for another hour before i post again )
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1. Fix queue system
    2. Fix bugs with class feats and powers
    3. Fix item set bonus bugs
    4. Fix Kallos Tam, Kallos Tam, Kallos Tam, Kallos Tam, Kallos Tam
    5. Add a zone (can be small) with a couple daily quests to earn gold
    6. Fix terrain issues in dungeons (shortcuts)
    7. Fix boss luring in dungeons
    8. Reduce trash in dungeons and/or reduce hp of trash in dungeons
    9. Add a boss or two in dungeons in place of some trash monsters that drops something worth while
    10. Add a trade and looking for group channel
    11. Balance changes for classes (Astral shield would be top priority)
    12. Add 1 or 2 new pvp maps one of them being what is currently on the open beta server, the other being team deathmatch
    13. Add a 1 minute timer when someone is kicked from a group before they are forced out of the dungeon with a popup window that allows them to click a button to leave, loot timers will extend this timer.
    14. Lower xp rewards for losing a pvp match (perhaps glory as well i'm indifferent on the glory part)
    15. Add as many paragon paths as time permits for the existing classes. These would have to be tested extensively to make sure they aren't bugged/broken.
    16. Reduce threat slightly on healing aggro until it is possible for someone that isn't a healer to maintain threat on a target for a reasonable amount of time
    17. Fix the issue with striker pets doing way less damage than they should most likely due to a level difference penalty from fighting higher level monsters.
    18. Balance crowd control in pvp in some manner, perhaps diminshing returns after the first CC
    19. Allow players to toggle instantly between 2 different feat selections when they are in protectors enclave (dual-spec). This would be unlocked for a one time cost of 1 respec token
    20. Add a very low chance to drop something of value on trash mobs (i.e. coalescent wards, keys, respec tokens, mounts, mount training, companions, dyes)
  • Options
    terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1. Need on items disabled for classes that can't use the item.
    2. Party leader in PUGs can't kick people, vote kick system instead.
    3. [GWF] Sure Strike to do damage on par with single target at-will powers of other classes, removed the diminishing returns per extra target from it's tooltip since it doesn't even apply to it (NOT SURE IF TROLLING).
    4. [GWF] Armor Penetration from CON actually doing something.
    5. [GWF] Come and Get It to taunt mobs.
    6. [Cleric] Astral Shield reworked as a multiplicative rather than flat addition to DR.
    7. [Cleric] -40% healing to self debuff gone.
    8. [GF] Generally should fulfill the role that cleric now has with Astral Shield, Divine Armor and Hallowed Ground - provide damage mitigation for the party, I'm ignorant when it comes to how GF works or how the GF community envisions the class, so I'll leave it at that.
    9. Clarify all the "effectiveness of STR/CON/Defense/etc" feats and make them affect character sheet (Armor Specialization does not reflect Damage Reduction on character sheet, but it does work).
    10. Hit Points to become an obligatory stat on all epic gear, for "free", if not on current gear then on Gauntlgrym+, otherwise time to kill in PvP is going to get insane (if it isn't already).
    11. Leveling tomes for companions. Gief.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    Aandre can we add sugestions not listed in ure initial post?...(else i wil be thinking hard for another hour before i post again )

Oh yes. Please do!

• Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see all the achievements visible under the journal

Reducing prices on some of the AD items. Especially removing enchants/runestones.

Companion AI. Don't stand in the red and don't walk on traps that my character already sees.

Don't dismount when traveling.

New Classes or at least new paths for existing Classes (also getting a free respec on my class that just gained new paths would be appropriate).

Lower healing agro. nothing like running in circles the entire boss fight because all the adds are on me, as a healer.

Allow out of queue access to Skirmishes, similar to Dungeons.

Loot option to disable need on non equipable items

More PVP maps

Allow guild members to donate AD to buy bank slots.

AH fees. Remove post fees or sold fees, but don't double dip on us.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    aronwenaronwen Member Posts: 102
    edited June 2013
    1- Account wide bank system for AD/Gold/Minimal Item transfers
    2- Balance GF's shield, ability to tank, and the aggro issue
    3- Fix Cleric's aggro issues
    4- Server merges
    5- Fix companion AI and extra customization
    6- Tweak boss+adds
    7- Vote to kick system rather than the leader having absolute power
    8- unbinding companions and outfits
    9- More outfits with weapons to match
    10- Add trade, and lfg channels in chat and add a 1minute cool down to Zone, Trade, lfg channels and remove power from the community to mute someone for 24 hrs
    11- More glowing effects for weapons and such
    12- Fix the auction house so search works properly and an option to filter buyout options only
    13- Improve dungeon Que and look for party function
    14- Allow a party member to be replaced if they leave at anytime
    15- PvP specific balances
    16- More character customization, such as more hair options etc
    17- Housing for players, perhaps small buffs based on what you have
    18- Exp balance, exp from simply questing should be slightly lowered to promote dungeon/skirmishing and finishing quests to reach 60 rather than being able to get to 60 while skipping 2~3 zones
    19- Mentoring system which rewards both sides
    20- Make players auto dismount when they are near a mailbox auction, NPC or vendor

Would also like to add 1 more if you don't mind:
    Adding more information to tool tips of skills, such as how long any buffs last, and how much the buffs are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1.) New Inventory Tab for Mounts.
    2.) New Inventory Tab for Enchantments.
    3.) Allow Level 60's to pick any of the previous Skirmishes to play.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Guild leaders, please ask your guildies to log on to the official forums and take this challenge! The final list will be used in the next NOCS..

• Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

2. Make the server merger happen.
    3. Fix the dungeon queue system.
    4. Improve boss mechanics.
    5. Less Adds.

7. Add collaboration tools to Foundry.
    8. Add a trade channel, freeing up general/zone chat

10. Add more powers and allow a custom character creation option.
    11. Rework Need/Greed/Pass to prevent unjust looting.
    12. Fix mission pathing feature.
    13. Add ability to email gold and AD to alts
    14. Improve GF and CW aggro, GF blocking.
    15. Create a REAL LFG Looking-For-Group feature, such as in DDO.
    16. Make players auto dismount when they are near a mailbox auction, NPC or vendor. Also change to stay mounted after traveling to new zone.
    17. Enhance ignore feature in game and on forums.
    18. Retool companions with better AI, more customization options, including adding inventory space.
    19. More Monster/NPC types
    20. Make deities mean something.. create deity themed cloaks

Yes to these.

6. Add guild housing
    9. Nerf xp granted by 75% across the board

A big no to these.
  • Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In a particular order...

1. Fix Exploits.
    2. Auction House search functions, make them work correctly.
    3. Class balance (threat, damage etc...)
    4. Fix the dungeon queue system.
    5. Improve boss mechanics / Less Adds.
    6. Make the server merger happen.
    7. Add a trade channel, freeing up general/zone chat.
    8. Fix Need/Greed/Pass
    9. Foundry - Add Bosses
    10. Foundry - Add chests / nodes (limit numbers for obvious reasons)
    11. Foundry - More skins (dragons, etc...)
    12. Free Respec tokens (1 each, character bound) at level 30 and 60.
    13. 1 Free (character bound) Nightmare Key at level 10 (or 30 or 60)
    14. Make Go To Character Select an option along with log out / exit. (Instead of having to bind gotocharacterselect)
    15. Add collaboration tools to Foundry.
    16. More varied weapons / armor.
    17. Fashion vendor (cheap stuff only, just something other than peasant clothes...)
    18. Fix in game voice chat.
    19. Playable Kobolds... (not gonna happen, just saying I'd like it...)
    20. Add guild housing
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In no particular order...

1. Add official Trade & LFG chat.
    2. Combine Need/Greed into a standard Loot/Pass Roll. With a moderate bonus for rolling on class specific gear.
    3. Put a more expensive infinite version of each dye in the shop. (Or make dyes by slot instead of item.)
    4. Inventory tab for Enchantments. (Or let us buy an oversized enchantment bag.)
    5. Increase the skirmish bonus AD based on the difficulty. (Give higher levels skirmishes that take longer more AD per run.)
    6. Make companions become account bound&shared when equipped. (Sort of like mounts, but only when equipped.)
    7. Fix the AH search problems.
    8. Add an item somewhere that can be bought with AD and vendored for reasonable gold. Essentially a clunky gold/AD exchange.
    9. Lower the AD costs of mount training to be more in line with the AD/Zen cost of buying a rank 3 mount.
    10. Add a way to do the skirmishes after you outlevel them. Either 60 versions or an entrance to go back and do them later.
    11. Hotkey for switching trained power set-ups (not feats). (Only useable when not in combat obviously.)
    12. (selfish wish) Increase the size of the medium worg mount. I bought it because it was unarmored, but its tiny.
    13. (selfish wish) Add Scourge Warlock and the rest of the Paragon paths.
    14. Leadership - Add a repeat task button. Or at least a way to hide tasks we never intend to use.
    15. Foundry - Add a favorites list. So I can save a mission I like without have to subscribe to all the authors content.
    16. Shared Bank - Add one. So we can share those fancy account bound XP scrolls you gave us.
    20. Have the $6 respec also reset starting stats.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    dreadlegacydreadlegacy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    1. Fix queue system
    2. Fix bugs with class feats and powers
    3. Fix item set bonus bugs
    4. Fix Kallos Tam, Kallos Tam, Kallos Tam, Kallos Tam, Kallos Tam
    5. Add a zone (can be small) with a couple daily quests to earn gold
    6. Fix terrain issues in dungeons (shortcuts)
    7. Fix boss luring in dungeons
    8. Reduce trash in dungeons and/or reduce hp of trash in dungeons
    9. Add a boss or two in dungeons in place of some trash monsters that drops something worth while
    10. Add a trade and looking for group channel
    11. Balance changes for classes (Astral shield would be top priority)
    12. Add 1 or 2 new pvp maps one of them being what is currently on the open beta server, the other being team deathmatch
    13. Add a 1 minute timer when someone is kicked from a group before they are forced out of the dungeon with a popup window that allows them to click a button to leave, loot timers will extend this timer.
    14. Lower xp rewards for losing a pvp match (perhaps glory as well i'm indifferent on the glory part)
    15. Add as many paragon paths as time permits for the existing classes. These would have to be tested extensively to make sure they aren't bugged/broken.
    16. Reduce threat slightly on healing aggro until it is possible for someone that isn't a healer to maintain threat on a target for a reasonable amount of time
    17. Fix the issue with striker pets doing way less damage than they should most likely due to a level difference penalty from fighting higher level monsters.
    18. Balance crowd control in pvp in some manner, perhaps diminshing returns after the first CC
    19. Allow players to toggle instantly between 2 different feat selections when they are in protectors enclave (dual-spec). This would be unlocked for a one time cost of 1 respec token
    20. Add a very low chance to drop something of value on trash mobs (i.e. coalescent wards, keys, respec tokens, mounts, mount training, companions, dyes)
  • Options
    uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Fix DC & Gf agro
    Add vote kick system
    Add more variety armor and weapon models
    Fix dungeon queue system to make proper groups
    Add ability to mail gold, AD and account bound items to alts
    Add more PvP maps
    Add more classes
    Add dual specs for classes
    Add go to character select as an option
    Merge servers
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So andree im back, was eating and thought it over. Obviuesly i could come up with an entire list of desired changes, however it is not my place to state in what direction this game should go. HOWEVER , i feel it is the developers duty to inform there community in what direction they wil be heading.

So my sugestions would be not about the game, but the things around the game. I feel the game is great, it has tremendous potential, and this is mostly the reason for all the anger towards it. People regognice the inert potential of this game, and they hope it will flourish, and they can witnes this and experience it.

Sugestion one :

Please take up ure responsebilety, and be honest with ure community and react to them in that fashion. People realise quite easily when they are being played and that is upsetting, equaly upsetting is being left in the dark knowing full well somebody at the developers team has the knowledge to enlighten people that are roaming in the darkness.

Sugestion two :

Create a detailed list on the forums of what u are working on, and wil be implementing in the future, this ensures a bound between the community and the developers even if it is artificial. Obviuesly mark them, ore date them
    example "Gf shield fix - currently under beta testing and development, expected to be released at date xxxx"
    Things like this wil enlighten people, who are actively searching the forums for answers to questions like these, and create an understanding that
    A. things take time to develop
    B. we are not ignoring u (the community) and are working on it.
    This wil result in a more understanding community, and most likely more income for cryptic, because from my experience so far wel informed people wil be more understanding and stil be willing to suport the product as long as they see they arent left unheard.

Sugestion three :

Create a detailed skill mechanics section in ure forums, this wil also result in several positive effect's.
    A. people wil know where to look when they want to theorycraft.
    B. people wil be less upset when a skill is not working and they have to respec BUT there was a very detailed section on that skill that explained it is not fully functional atm.
    C. the developers would have a easy list of all known skills not functioning properly
    Order Vs Chaos i would think.

So in short, i realise the game is under development and things arent working 100%, and most of the above listed sugestion are vital improvements to gameplay issue's.
    However nobody is adressing the community issue's and the feedback, and isent the community what makes an MMO trully amazing?

Hope u wil ignore my english Andree and maybe put this post in different wording more apropriate to the developers ears.

If anything i would urge them to check out how GGG is handling there community, to learn from it, and step up (i dont mean this in an insulting way, but seriuesly i have nothing but respect for the way GGG is honest to there community even if things arent going good and stick with there vision of the content. Something i find trully lacking in this game, and i think many would agree with me
    -i look at u customer service and developers communication skills - )

Hope this doesnt get viewed as a rant because it is not, i trully find this game great and full of potential, but i feel it is being undermined by the very developers/publishers that have created it. And if handled differently trully amazing things could be acomplished.

Peace -itheryel-
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Either lessen the boss HP or give us more powerful attacks.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    How is there NOTHING good about pvp on your list?

1 Fix matchmaking against premades
    2 add more pvp style games including ones larger then 5v5 or a pvp zone with some kind of gain/loss feature outside of glory
    3 something else to do with glory besides pots and tier 1.5 gear
    4 fix the unable to enter pvp match bug/fill empty spots once games started bug
    5 FIX TENEBROUS FRONT LOADED PROCS ALREADY
    6 Buff some of the other weapon enchants outside of vorpal/greater plaguefire
    7 tone down shocking execution in pvp only
    8 make GWF unstoppable pull a gwf out of prone
    9 stop letting astral shield stack in pvp (not pve, adds in this game are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>)
    10 remove the powers from team laeader in pvp (once other bugs are fixed too plz)
    11 do something about bots
    12 fix foundry rewards to give blues on long quests so people making new toons dont have to see the same **** story over and over again. Give it a time requirement and the same quest a loot cooldown or something but this would be dope, you could lvl with a different story every time. It would actually feel like DnD. ><

Thats all I got for now.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1) Release of the "Ranged" Class.
    2) Threat issue fix.
    3) GF/GWF balance/fix
    4) Convert ALL very rare items to "rare" items (all purps to blue) except for the T1/T2 sets + the current true end game "very rares" - received through the T2 dungeons. Create two new T3 sets for each class with a PVE/PVP focus to be released with the new content. Dont pigeon whole classes. Do research on the most sought items and tune them towards these stats...
    5) Create a "roll" mod on each item that gives each item a "range" of values it can roll. Therefore you can have two items that are the same base stats (AP/Power etc) but might have different values (+100 - +150). This creates a sub currency of items where you have weaker to stronger versions. Included in this will be Slot rolls (you can get defensive or offensive or utility) as a roll... Adds more variety.
    6) Remove lvl 60 blues and convert the current purples to blues. (lvl 60 blues are pretty much worthless atm)
    7) Fix the Que system to include a "looking for" and give players the ability to "browse" the "Looking for" tab. This will encourage more grouping.
    8) Add a report function to report botters/afkers in PVP to perma ban them if caught (zero tolerance here since it ruins the game).
    9) Add a trade channel to chat.
    10) Add boss skill variety and reduce quantity of mobs in dungeons but increase the difficulty of each mob pack. Essentially make each monster harder (more HP more damage) but reduce the number of packs.
    11) Give packs chances to drop good items as well (very low). This encourages trash killing.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Class balance

/thread
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. Nerf XP gains across the board.
    2. Wipe the servers.

Do this and I'm a happy camper. Don't do it and I'm happy either way :)
This discussion has been closed.